The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336128 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#12056 Aug 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
why did Microsoft invest a billion dollars here in Mexico?
Why did gates personally invest here?
Same with Jobs, Soros and Buffet?
Better medicine? LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#12057 Aug 26, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
One of the best things I’ve ever seen on cable news
Posted by Ezra Klein on August 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm
Today’s episode of Up With Chris Hayes featured a lengthy discussion of race and Obama’s presidency between Hayes, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Melissa Harris Perry, W. Kamau Bell, and Jay Smooth. It was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on cable news. You should watch it. And now, thanks to the magic of the internet, you can!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klei...
The links to the interview are at the Wapo link above.
I am going to see 2016 today.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#12058 Aug 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Obama calls the burning of Churches in Egypt, the Arab spring.
What will the Arab Summer bring and who will call it that, then?
Sterco

Helena, MT

#12060 Aug 26, 2012
Interesting show on the History Channel at present.
higgans

Marion, IN

#12061 Aug 26, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Not only is our education system being starved of investment, but many of our children are literally too hungry to learn.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/opinion/blo...
Starving the Future
By CHARLES M. BLOW
Published: August 24, 2012
.....A survey of kindergarten through eighth-grade teachers released this week by Share Our Strength, a nonprofit that seeks to end child hunger, found that 6 in 10 of those teachers say “students regularly come to school hungry because they are not getting enough to eat at home,” and “a majority of teachers who see hunger as a problem believe that the problem is growing.”
The report quotes a teacher in the Midwest as saying,“The saddest are the children who cry when we get out early for a snow day because they won’t get lunch.” It is in this environment that Representative Paul Ryan proposes huge cuts to food assistance programs. As the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities points out, Ryan’s plan “includes cuts in SNAP (formerly known as the food stamp program) of $133.5 billion — more than 17 percent — over the next 10 years (2013-22), which would necessitate ending assistance for millions of low-income families, cutting benefits for millions of such households, or some combination of the two.”(cont.)
$16Trillion in National Debt, food stamp usage at an all time high, the largest FG EVER, and, yet, we have kids still going hungry to school? and somehow u think it's a matter of more MONEY?
how many folks posting here were either raised or had parents/relatives raised on poverty wages during the 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s and did NOT go to school to eat? u poor deluded shill, there once was a time when MEN (and women) would dig ditches, shovel shit, etc to feed their kids and buy them one new set of clothes and shoes so they COULD attend school to get a better, more complete education so THEY would have a better life. what's their excuse today? not ENOUGH hand outs? not ENOUGH government? not ENOUGH enablers (like you)? they used to be just poor folk, now they are 'victims'. who, or WHAT, caused that change in status?
if you want to stay on this course, vote FOR Obama.
Come On Nov.

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12062 Aug 26, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
"Barack Obama has said he will concentrate on issues important to the middle-class in America: job training, education, public education, all of which are vital to progressing America:"
Education, public education??
That's a laugh,B.O. is giving backdoor amnesty to thousands of young illegal aliens who came here as children and look at their dropout rate!
Hispanic Youth Dropping Out of U.S. Schools
High school dropout rates are a key performance measure for the American education system.
This report shows that the standard method for calculating the dropout rate leads to a distorted picture of the status of Hispanic students in U.S. schools.
******In recent years an influx of young immigrants, who left school before coming
to the United States, has swollen the ranks of those counted as Hispanic dropouts.******
Those youth present long-term policy challenges in language and employment training, but their level of school completion does not reflect
the quality of U.S. schools or of Latino achievement in those schools.
Rather their presence reflects immigration and labor force trends.
Focusing on data for Hispanics who have dropped out of U.S. schools before completing high school reveals a problem that is quite grave and that has
serious long-term implications for the education system, Latino communities and the nation as a whole.
However, the numbers in the report show that the problem is not as bad as is commonly thought.
Counting only Latinos who dropped out after engaging the American education system yields a rate of about 15 percent among 16- to 19-year-olds.
That is good news.
The bad news is that this dropout rate is twice as high as the dropout rate for comparable non-Hispanic whites.
Further on the positive side, this report
finds that the dropout rate for Latinos in U.S. schools is improving as it has been for non-Latinos.
http://pewhispanic.org/reports/report.php...
"...B.O. is giving backdoor amnesty to thousands of young illegal aliens who came here as children and look at their dropout rate!"

Okay Cricket. I never claimed to be the smartest man in the room, but what am I missing here?

The article that you copied and pasted says...
----------

"However, the numbers in the report show that the problem is not as bad as is commonly thought."

"Counting only Latinos who dropped out after engaging the American education system yields a rate of about 15 percent among 16- to 19-year-olds.
That is good news."

"Further on the positive side, this report
finds that the dropout rate for Latinos in U.S. schools is improving"
----------

So, according to the information that you have provided, the dropout rate among Hispanic youth is not as bad as we thought it was, is much lower among those who have actually been enrolled in an American school and has been improving in recent years.

What you have done Cricket is to make a very strong argument that legalizing these young people and getting them enrolled in public education is the best way to ensure that they will complete their education and acquire the skills that will allow them contribute to to our society.

Is that what you meant to do?

Seriously, did you not read the source you posted or did you just not understand what it was saying?

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Mexico

#12063 Aug 26, 2012
antb wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! What does that have to do with my post? And do you have a link for that story? Or did you hear it on Faux News?
I see your comprehension skills are lacking

Here is one link google it if you want to see

http://www.maquilaportal.com/index.php/blog/s...

“Facts”

Level 5

Mexico

#12064 Aug 26, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Better medicine? LOL
yes we do have that also

But lower taxes is the biggest reason

When Canada lowered the maximum tax on the rich to 15 percent their unemployment numbers fell like a rock as the USA numbers went up

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#12066 Aug 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we do have that also
But lower taxes is the biggest reason
When Canada lowered the maximum tax on the rich to 15 percent their unemployment numbers fell like a rock as the USA numbers went up
Agree, yes they did....
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#12068 Aug 26, 2012
Pandering/Pimping For Votes,Pure and Simple!!!
Sterco

Helena, MT

#12069 Aug 26, 2012
If they but the tax on the rich that OBONGO wants it would raise Five Billion for the budjet. BIG F-ING DEAL TO PROVE SOME LIBTURD POINT!!! IT WILL NOT CURE THE DEFICIT THAT THE KENYA BOY BALOONED!!! IT WILL SERVE AS A DIVERSION. PERIOD!!!! But the fifty percent that do not pay shit insist on it!!! BITE THE HAND!!!
Sterco

Helena, MT

#12070 Aug 26, 2012
should be budget and put. Sue me
Sterco

Helena, MT

#12071 Aug 26, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
Pandering/Pimping For Votes,Pure and Simple!!!
At this point Captain Kenya knows he is going to have to scrounge for every vote he can get. LEGAL OR OTHERWISE!!!

“Facts”

Level 5

Mexico

#12072 Aug 26, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Agree, yes they did....
why are liberals so scared of the facts??

Look at Greece.......
As they raised taxes revenue fell. The rich started moving assets. So Greece raised taxes again. Revenue fell again. Today Mexico is home to more Greek billionaires than Greece has

Now we are seeing the same thing in France
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/08/08...

California has seen its tax base shrink every year for years
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/27/local...

Mexico has programs for investors that will allow up to 20 years of tax free investment and the economy here is getting better for the last 4 years as the USA goes downhill

When will liberals learn that business will never pay one penny in taxes
Every dime the send the government came from the consumers

If you add a new 20 percent tax to all business everything just increases in price by more than 20 percent

But only the poor and stupid vote liberal so there is a method to their madness

“Facts”

Level 5

Mexico

#12073 Aug 26, 2012
Sterco wrote:
If they but the tax on the rich that OBONGO wants it would raise Five Billion for the budjet. BIG F-ING DEAL TO PROVE SOME LIBTURD POINT!!! IT WILL NOT CURE THE DEFICIT THAT THE KENYA BOY BALOONED!!! IT WILL SERVE AS A DIVERSION. PERIOD!!!! But the fifty percent that do not pay shit insist on it!!! BITE THE HAND!!!
Do the

“Facts”

Level 5

Mexico

#12074 Aug 26, 2012
Sterco wrote:
Do the rich own companies?
Taxing the rich will raise the price of everything consumers buy

It will move the investments to countries like Canada and Mexico

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12075 Aug 26, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't find a link to back you up I suppose? For profit health care costs more. Can you name a country with free market health care where costs are low?
Washington, DC--(ENEWSPF)--August 24, 2012.
Alliance Responds to Argument That Obama Raided $716 Billion from Medicare
Washington, DC--(ENEWSPF)--August 24, 2012.
http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/human-inte...
(Alliance Responds to Argument That Obama Raided $716 Billion from Medicare)
Alliance for Retired Americans Friday Alert, August 24, 2012
A new ad, paid for by the Mitt Romney campaign, has a narrator saying,“Some think Obamacare is the same as free health care. But nothing is free. Obama is raiding $716 billion from Medicare, changing the program forever. Taxing wheelchairs and pacemakers! Raising taxes on families making less than $120,000! Free health care comes at a very high price. The Romney-Ryan plan will restore Medicare funding and protect and strengthen the program for the next generation.” Edward F. Coyle, Executive Director of the Alliance, responded,“The $716 billion savings in Medicare under the Affordable Care Act do not affect benefits for seniors and beneficiaries. They do reduce overpayments and provider reimbursements - excluding doctors - and they curb waste, fraud and abuse. When Romney says he will reverse the changes to Medicare under health reform, he means he will reinstitute overpayments to insurance companies and protect pharmaceutical and medical device companies. This would weaken Medicare, making it insolvent earlier – in 2016.”
Would finding a link to back me up make any difference to you? It's not gonna convince you to change your mind. Nor are your partisan based links gonna change my mind to do likewise. However, if you wish, I will go search for a source to back up my claim. However, you will notice that I said that I'm speculating also? At least I admit it. I don't really think you understand that payment reductions to hospitals and such will, in turn, reduce access for patients by hospitals and doctors not accepting medicare patients. You don't get that?

What basic math whiz wouldn't want to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse for gov't paid medical benefits? Romney/Ryan will do that as well. It is the easiest part of reducing costs.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#12076 Aug 26, 2012
Sterco wrote:
<quoted text>At this point Captain Kenya knows he is going to have to scrounge for every vote he can get. LEGAL OR OTHERWISE!!!
"President Obama continues to prove he has little he can say about his indefensible record in office, which has led to chronic unemployment, increased poverty, falling incomes and middle-class pain. With public confidence in the President falling, his campaign will continue to rely on negative attacks that will be rejected by the American people. Middle-class families are looking for a path forward which leads to sustained economic growth and job creation. Mitt Romney has that plan, while Barack Obama's policies have failed."

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12078 Aug 26, 2012
antb wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolol...hmmm....who wants Romney to win the presidency?
Top Contributors
Barack Obama (D)
1 University of California $491,868
2 Microsoft Corp $443,748
3 Google Inc $357,382
4 DLA Piper $331,715
5 Harvard University $317,516
Mitt Romney (R)
1 Goldman Sachs $676,080
2 JPMorgan Chase & Co $520,299
3 Morgan Stanley $513,647
4 Bank of America $510,728
5 Credit Suisse Group $427,560
Goldman Sachs? JPMorgan Chase? Morgan Stanley? Hmmm....what's up with that?
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/index.php
Wow, that's the same list for Romney as obama had 4 years ago. Funny how that works, huh?
higgans

Marion, IN

#12079 Aug 26, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Would finding a link to back me up make any difference to you? It's not gonna convince you to change your mind. Nor are your partisan based links gonna change my mind to do likewise. However, if you wish, I will go search for a source to back up my claim. However, you will notice that I said that I'm speculating also? At least I admit it. I don't really think you understand that payment reductions to hospitals and such will, in turn, reduce access for patients by hospitals and doctors not accepting medicare patients. You don't get that?
What basic math whiz wouldn't want to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse for gov't paid medical benefits? Romney/Ryan will do that as well. It is the easiest part of reducing costs.
Bingo!
Come On Nov.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge Orders - Prompt' Release of 1,7000 Illega... 4 hr R12 Freon 4
News Your Views - 06/03 (Jun '11) 5 hr Meg 7
News Trump heads to border amid 3rd party threat 6 hr OccupyThis 150
News Texas Fights Suit After Denying Birth Certifica... 6 hr loveamerica 120
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr johnny belinda 138,649
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 7 hr OccupyThis 18
News Migrants Jump Off Boat, Run Ashore, During Miam... 11 hr wild child 3
More from around the web