The President has failed us

There are 328255 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#120275 Mar 26, 2013
Liberalism is a mental illness. And, it goes along with being a WORM, one with no backbone, as in liberal.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#120279 Mar 26, 2013
Maravilla Street Gang wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you identified as an oxymoronic Aryan?
ROLF!!!
How long have you identified as a moron?

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#120281 Mar 26, 2013
sunny wrote:
<quoted text>I got guns,but sounds like you know a lot more about them then I do.Damn good shot with the fly,my Dirty Harry pea shooter can't do anything like that just a noisemaker.
My first deer rifle was a Rem. A3-03- a shoulder-bruiser in 30-06. As soon as I lucked into the TC in .223, my hunting got a lot simpler. Military ball grouped about breadbox-sized at 100 yards. My handloads got the groups down to a dime. As a plus they're only about 80% as potent, so recoil is much easier to handle. When I wanted to feel the recoil and be in awe of a round, I'd put on the 7x30 Waters barrel. There are a lot of people who know more about this topic than I do and a lot of people who are better shots. I know what I know is all I can tell you. A young lady who made a pair of jeans look like a priceless bit of sculpture could out shoot me on ocassion- didn't bother me a bit but her ass-ets made it hard to concentrate on the target.

“Natural selection created apes”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#120283 Mar 26, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, before I went on line. He lied avout that too fool.
You better check your profile,little man. In your haste to correct your spelling, you made some.

I Belong To: "Thesea"

LOL!

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120285 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he's slick.
Did you say slick or slimy?

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#120286 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
According to your bible, God hates homosexuals but it's OK for man to rape and have multiple wives.
Great morals you advocate there!!
Stick with the Book of Matthew and you'll be fine. Arguing with someone about their religon will get you nowhere- we've got over 5000 pages here as proof.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#120289 Mar 26, 2013
sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Oh ya hear there,I'm just a little rockhound,buddy is big time totally jealous of his rock collection,he worked hard for it thought.
Does he just collect stones..Or does he have some of them cut and faceted?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Arm the internet

#120292 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
This is you on Topix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cayu32uXCM0XX
GET A LIFE OLD MAN!!!
Like yours? No thanks. Those like you don't make it.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#120293 Mar 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Public opinion is kind of fickle on this issue, but support for more control legislation has remained higher than before the Newton shooting.
Unfortunately there will eventually be another tragedy and public opinion will swing the other way again.
You are probably correct. The problem is they need to address the real issues of mental illness rather than attempting to place additional restrictions on law abiding citizens. Mass shootings are obviously done by people who have some type of mental illness. The problem is the number of people who seek mental treatment such as anti-depressants. Do you have any idea how many Americans are on anti-depressants???

Quirky

Denver, CO

#120297 Mar 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, thanks for taking the time to be serious about it.
My own life experience tells me that it can be a difficult situation sometimes (especially in the beginning) but I have never been able to understand people that are willing to turn their own family away if they don't meet preconceived expectations.
Look at the response from another poster. Throwing your own child off a bridge just because they are gay seems a bit extreme to say the least.
I guess I was just lucky to have the family I have.
This seems like a discussion that belongs on one of the Gay threads. This thread is not confess my demons friendly.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Arm the internet

#120298 Mar 26, 2013
Rand Paul will say anything to excite the double digit tea baggers.
Obama will say anything to sedate you libs and you all suck it right up like a hoover.

Level 6

Location hidden

#120299 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
You better check your profile,little man. In your haste to correct your spelling, you made some.
I Belong To: "Thesea"
LOL!
LOL...classic!

So, all this time the misspellings were on his profile page and even after numerous attempts he still hasn't corrected them all.

What a moron.

“Natural selection created apes”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#120300 Mar 26, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Well I not only have them but I have a huge supply of ammo and a CPL too.
Not that I need that stuff though, I just like the feeling of power I get when I land my target in the cross-hairs.
You can't do anything about it either because the US Constitution protects my right to own them.
"I just like the feeling of power I get when I land my target in the cross-hairs."

How 'bout getting a job and supporting your family? Will that give you a feeling of power?
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#120305 Mar 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>My first deer rifle was a Rem. A3-03- a shoulder-bruiser in 30-06. As soon as I lucked into the TC in .223, my hunting got a lot simpler. Military ball grouped about breadbox-sized at 100 yards. My handloads got the groups down to a dime. As a plus they're only about 80% as potent, so recoil is much easier to handle. When I wanted to feel the recoil and be in awe of a round, I'd put on the 7x30 Waters barrel. There are a lot of people who know more about this topic than I do and a lot of people who are better shots. I know what I know is all I can tell you. A young lady who made a pair of jeans look like a priceless bit of sculpture could out shoot me on ocassion- didn't bother me a bit but her ass-ets made it hard to concentrate on the target.
Don't mean to butt in. I have a large gun collection my husband left me. There's an old 303 British. It's short. It has tall sight on the business end. It has sort of a blond camouflage stock. I think I remember hearing it was a snipers rifle. Any info?
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#120307 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
According to your bible, God hates homosexuals but it's OK for man to rape and have multiple wives.
Great morals you advocate there!!
Chapter and verse where GOD says its okay to rape and have multiple wives.

Just because someone is rape or have multiple wives in one of the chapters does not mean GOD approves of it.

Chapter and verse where GOD states he approves of rape and multiple wives.

This is man choices and decisions, not GOD's.

Although, it does state in the Bible where GOD hates the homosexual's act:

Lev. 18:22-23 King James Version

22. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

23. And you shall not lie with any beast and defile yourself with it, neither shall any woman give herself to a beast to lie with it: it is a perversion.

Level 6

Location hidden

#120310 Mar 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably correct. The problem is they need to address the real issues of mental illness rather than attempting to place additional restrictions on law abiding citizens. Mass shootings are obviously done by people who have some type of mental illness. The problem is the number of people who seek mental treatment such as anti-depressants. Do you have any idea how many Americans are on anti-depressants???
I'm all for improving our health care delivery system when it comes to issues of mental health, but that's going to take money and most conservatives seem to lose interest when it comes to paying for it.

The problem I see is that in a society where guns are so prevalent, the mentally ill are always going to have relatively easy access to firearms and any real effort to make it harder for those who should not have guns to get them is met by stiff resistance and cries of "disarming the people" by the gun lobby.

Take the stories we've heard on this thread about ex-soldiers who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses being told they can't own firearms.

They are always followed by the far right screaming about how unfair and unconstitutional it is to strip these individuals of their second amendment rights.

You can't have it both both ways. Either we're going to get serious or we're not.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120311 Mar 26, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
The flow of money was traced as it passed through several non-profit organizations, ultimately going all the way back to a known dark money conduit known as Americans for Job Security."
California Investigation Might Break the Koch Machine
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/will-califor...
They should go after Soros.

Level 6

Location hidden

#120312 Mar 26, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you!
I hate to be the one to tell you, but you're the one that started it tonight.

Sorry it didn't go the route you wanted it too.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#120313 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You know these Republican food stamp warriors. They feel entitled to mooching off our tax dollars and spending their days on Topix disseminating their ignorance.
So you must be a Republican

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Arm the internet

#120314 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not really a gang.... it's more like a firm.
ROLF!!!
A human smuggling firm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 2 min Synque 30
News Pennsylvania city faces fiscal pain for immigra... 4 min wild child 2
News Hillary Rodham Clinton has shifted left, but so... 6 min wild child 2
News GOP Will Lose in 2016 without Sensible Immigrat... 8 min janetpatriot 102
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 14 min janetpatriot 12
News Republican 2016 candidates almost uniformly giv... 52 min janetpatriot 5
News House Blocks Chance at Military Service for 'Dr... 1 hr Who guessed it 11
More from around the web