The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404051 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Brighton, CO

#117918 Mar 19, 2013
This could be Jacks Personal Home.

http://news.msn.com/us/rainbow-flag-painted-o...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#117919 Mar 19, 2013
The Grateful Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbest day is when this thread was posted.
No kidding, and Dumb and Dumber started it. See Post #1. LOL!
Reality

Louisville, KY

#117920 Mar 19, 2013
If I was President, each and every politician who has lied and robbed the American tax payers would have all their wealth including bank accounts taken away from them and given to pay off the national debt.

Their homes would be given to people they have robbed as over taxing.

Everyone of the thieving politicians would be taken to a island where there is no other inhabitants.

They will have others to follow to keep them occupied who would rather sit on their butts and allow someone else work for them.

They would be allowed to take only their clothing and any outdoor cooking utensils, no electricity, no water or bathrooms. No healthcare. No weapons.

They will be given a "so long" and "take care" or "adios."

Then all the criminals in ALL the prisons will soon follow with the same amount of luggage.

Sound too harsh?

This is what Obama and both parties did to the Hurricane victims because Obama Bin Laden didn't cut the red tape he had promised and to the rest of America when they unleashed hardened illegal alien criminals onto America.

This is what they did to the welfare mothers in the projects when they built rat-infested building and allowed the criminals to keep weapons but put mothers and children in the projects unarmed.

We would start with the White House and then clean house, both parties.

Liberals who support them will be given a free trip to the island and given a farewell kiss off.

This is my thoughts and I am standing by them.

Sounds like a good idea, no, it sounds like a great idea.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#117921 Mar 19, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you and others trying to shove your liberal , LA Raza , Get the whitey way of thing.
Just in time, Q-bert.

I knew you and your 10 brain cells would appear at some point.

Your obsession with "La Raza" is truly profound Q., as is your idea that I or anyone else here, is out to "get whitey". lol

That made me laugh just typing it. lol
Reality

Louisville, KY

#117922 Mar 19, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
For one thing, you'll never get me to "shut up".
That's just not gonna happen.
I don't really care either way. You don't post anything of significance anyway.
Just the same tired right wing rhetoric and petty baseless insults.
Yeah, you have a regular account, I'm sure but you don't dare post the things you do under that account. ;)
Prove it or shut up.

Why do you read my post?

How do you know it is right wing rhetoric if you don't care?

Liberal morons are hatched every minute.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#117923 Mar 19, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was talking about your bear analogy. I was hoping you could see why it didn't relate to the situation.
I think another poster has you pegged. Your not only a Dumbch!t, Your a Racist Bigot!

Kepp talking "La Raza" Turd!
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

#117924 Mar 19, 2013
Study links 180,000 global deaths to sugary drinks

Michael Winter, USA TODAY 9:10p.m. EDT

March 19, 2013

Americans account for about 25,000 obesity-related deaths blamed on over-consumption of sweetened beverages.
Researchers reported Tuesday that they have linked 180,000 obesity-related deaths worldwide to sugary drinks, including about 25,000 adult Americans.

Overall, 1 in 100 deaths of obese people globally can be blamed on too many sweetened beverages, according to a study presented at an American Heart Association scientific conference in New Orleans. Mexico leads the 35 largest nations in deaths attributable to over-consumption of sugary drinks, with the United States third. Japan, which has one of the lowest per-capita consumptions of sugary drinks, had the fewest sugar-related deaths.

Using data collected as part of the World Health Organization's 2010 Global Burden of Diseases Study, the researchers determined that 78% of these deaths were in low- and middle-income countries.

Of the deaths in 2010 linked to drinking sugar-sweetened soft drinks, fruit juice or sports beverages, 132 000 were from diabetes, 44 000 from cardiovascular disease and 6,000 from cancer.

The most diabetes deaths (38,000) occurred in the Latin America/Caribbean region, with East/Central Eurasia reporting the largest numbers of cardiovascular deaths (11,000) related to over-consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks.

The finding that three quarters of the deaths were from diabetes "suggests that limiting sugary-beverage intake is an important step in reducing diabetes deaths," co-author Gitanjali Singh, a postdoctoral research fellow at the Harvard School of Public Health, said in an interview.

Average consumption varied widely — from less than one 8-ounce drink a day among elderly Chinese women to more than five 8-ounce drinks every day among younger Cuban men.

"Because we were focused on deaths due to chronic diseases, our study focused on adults. Future research should assess the amount of sugary beverage consumption in children across the world and how this affects their current and future health," Singh said.

In a statement, the American Beverage Association, the trade group for the non-alcoholic beverage industry, dismissed the findings as "more about sensationalism than science."

Some highlights:

Two out of three adults and one out of three children in the United States are overweight or obese, and the nation spends an estimated $190 billion a year treating obesity-related health conditions. Rising consumption of sugary drinks has been a major contributor to the obesity epidemic. A typical 20-ounce soda contains 15 to 18 teaspoons of sugar and upwards of 240 calories. A 64-ounce fountain cola drink could have up to 700 calories. People who drink this "liquid candy" do not feel as full as if they had eaten the same calories from solid food and do not compensate by eating less.
The American Heart Association recommends that based on a 2,000-calories-a-week diet, adults should not consume more than 450 calories from sugar-sweetened beverages.

Monday, Mississippi's Republican governor signed into a law legislation that prohibits cities and counties from restricting or banning the size of soft drinks, or from requiring that restaurants post calorie counts or other nutritional information. Mississippi is the most obese state in the nation.

"It is simply not the role of government to micro-regulate citizens' dietary decisions," Gov. Phil Bryant said in a statement. "The responsibility for one's personal health depends on individual choices about a proper diet and appropriate exercise."

The action came a week after a New York state judge struck down Mayor Michael Bloomberg's attempt to limit most sugary drinks to 16 ounces.

Bloomberg called the Mississippi legislation "ridiculous."

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#117925 Mar 19, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to look at your own post===rightwingers have a tendency to oppress. Yet, you just degraded the human being you are talking about by saying he is different.
Different as in alien from another planet or different how?
Will not play the "victim game" you are pulling.
If he wants to be gay, fine, don't whine about it, don't try to make others change how they feel-----I have the right to my beliefs.
Again, my theory is proven right by your own post. Gays want people to approve of their lifestyles but will not honor the other person's their own beliefs.
I donot approve of homosexuality or lesbians. You have the same right to not approve of heterosexuals....I could care less if you do...no whining from me about it.
You misquoted me to suit your point. I spoke of oppression because someone is different from them, not blanket oppression.

I don't see hordes of gay people demanding approval, but I do see homosexuals demanding equality in rights/freedoms to heterosexuals. Can you hold/express your beliefs and at the same time, allow gay folks to have equality? Do we really want govt telling any of us who we can and can't love, or marry, or whatever we want to do with our lives, as long as we don't hurt others?
Reality

Louisville, KY

#117926 Mar 19, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid too huh?
I said if you don't like gay sex, then don't have gay sex.
Is this concept too complicated for you?
There is more to being gay than sex you know.
Don't plan on it.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#117927 Mar 19, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh GFY, POS.
As if you and Ralff never reposted any personal information by mistake. You're trying to make it out like Freespirit was trying to cause NTR harm, and she wasn't.
It was WHATTHEY who resurrected that page and post number to begin with because of her nasty, petty attack on Free, and you and Ralffy just followed along like the cowards you are.
Freespirit didn't do anything wrong, and this non-stop attack on her is just more proof of how utterly ignorant, childish, small, petty and hateful you fools truly are.
Get a life, moron.
Reported . Yeppers!
TRADER HORN

Canyon Country, CA

#117928 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No kidding, and Dumb and Dumber started it. See Post #1. LOL!
Contributing to the life of this thread, I must admit is the dumbest thing that I've been doing. But it does have one redeeming factor. It keeps most of these wingnuts in one cage.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#117929 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Bigoted and prejudicial lies.
So, just exactly where are these "neighborhoods of illegal Mexicans" you make these derogatory comments about?
Because I've seen white neighborhoods that your description could fit, you dumb broad.
She claims to be in Danville, KY.

There are no neighborhoods of "illegal Mexicans" and every other house has a car on blocks right in the middle of the front yard.
Q - The Quivering Quim

Canyon Country, CA

#117930 Mar 19, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I think another poster has you pegged. Your not only a Dumbch!t, Your a Racist Bigot!
Kepp talking "La Raza" Turd!
And now the Drunken Sottened Hobbit Buggerer has arrived.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#117931 Mar 19, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Your problem is thinking you have the low down on what is "evil".
Even if cars on blocks and trash were an illegal Mexican thing, which is isn't, it's a poverty thing, it still would not mean it's "EVIL".
Not everyone believes in God or the Bible and many are just as moral as those that do.
Their vote and ideas and lives count just as much as those that do (believe in God)
I've had this convo with many far right Christians that just can't seem to accept that the world is not required to live by their rules, their values, their morality.
Their truth matters to them just as much as yours does to you.
Even if cars on blocks and trash were an illegal Mexican thing, which is isn't, it's a poverty thing, it still would not mean it's "EVIL"... said x ema

WHERE did I call THAT 'evil'...???

The evil comes from VILE posters like you with your lies!
Reality

Louisville, KY

#117932 Mar 19, 2013
Obama Bin Laden's ignorance:

New Gun Law

1st criminal (noted drug dealer)---"I need to buy some assault weapons from you, I am buying some drugs tonight and need to be packing man."

2nd criminal--(illegal guns dealer) "First, we need to go and register these weapons, Obama said so."

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#117933 Mar 19, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it or shut up.
Why do you read my post?
How do you know it is right wing rhetoric if you don't care?
Liberal morons are hatched every minute.
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it or shut up.
Not going to happen. No matter how many times you act like an angry Right wing meanie.:-(
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you read my post?
Usually to get a laugh. lol
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it is right wing rhetoric if you don't care?
It's kinda the same as seeing a dog pee on a tree. I see what's happening and recognize that it's a dog peeing on a tree. Do I care? Not really. Like the dog, you're all just doing what comes to you instinctualy and we moderates and libs have to train you to pee where you're supposed to. lololol
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal morons are hatched every minute.
Conservative whiners are burped out every minute without brains only to have their brains installed by mass production already programmed to hate minorities and scientists. lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#117934 Mar 19, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
She claims to be in Danville, KY.
There are no neighborhoods of "illegal Mexicans" and every other house has a car on blocks right in the middle of the front yard.
Do you THINK Danville KY is the ONLY place I've EVER been in ...???
dumchit!

Have you EVER seen the City of Lights?
I have ... UP Close and Personal ...

http://deetunes.homestead.com/albuquerque.htm...

That's a loooooong way from Danville KY ...
Especially when driving a vehicle ...

Many, many poverty STRICKEN districts between here and THERE!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#117935 Mar 19, 2013
Q - The Quivering Quim wrote:
<quoted text>
And now the Drunken Sottened Hobbit Buggerer has arrived.
pervert ...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#117936 Mar 19, 2013
TRADER HORN wrote:
<quoted text>
Contributing to the life of this thread, I must admit is the dumbest thing that I've been doing. But it does have one redeeming factor. It keeps most of these wingnuts in one cage.
And it's fun to laugh at them besides.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#117937 Mar 19, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
King's Gold "I've Got That Old Time Religion In My Heart"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QHeyMFKNQbUXX
You need to find the right one since that is why you and your Papa had problems. Remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 min Just Think 14,776
News Forgetful Senators Send Trump Message by Doing ... 1 hr southern at heart 12
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 1 hr lilweaver 61
News Stocks, dollar rattled by tightening US electio... 2 hr GLORIA11 4
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 6 hr J ValJean 71
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr X Crypsis X 143,699
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 8 hr Mintz8850 7,602
More from around the web