The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 4,782)

Showing posts 95,621 - 95,640 of240,228
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are functionally illiterate. That last line referred to Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing laws. Learn to comprehend what you read before people start to realize how ignorant you really are.
The entire article is all fluff..

"A task force Governor Rick Scott charged with evaluating the Stand Your Ground Law after Martin’s death announced last month it found no major flaws with the law. That finding doesn’t leave the door open for the legislature to pass substantial changes, Bullard said."

Eagle
Tony Montana

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup even being the tourist capital of the world our crime rate has been falling.. The recession/oil spill ect and were still here..
Eagle
Orlando, self-proclaimed tourist capital of the world,'one of America's most violent cities'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10889...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla.(WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO)-
A pregnant woman is recovering from an attack after Seminole County Sheriff's deputies said she was beaten during a brawl in Sanford by 12 people, including four juveniles. The youngest suspect is 12 years old.

Neighbors said the fight broke out on Sunday just after 10 p.m. in the Palm Point subdivision along Daffadil Terrace.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/21129163/tw...
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"A task force Governor Rick Scott charged with evaluating the Stand Your Ground Law after Martin’s death announced last month it found no major flaws with the law. That finding doesn’t leave the door open for the legislature to pass substantial changes, Bullard said."
Eagle
Florida's shameful sham: A bogus review of Stand Your Ground law

The task force commissioned by Gov. Rick Scott to review Florida's Stand Your Ground law has reached a verdict -- one entirely expected since the 19-member board was stacked with advocates of the law, including two of its authors and other lawmakers who voted for it.

The board did recommend some tweaks to the law in its report two weeks ago, urging the Legislature to examine its "unintended consequences."

Like episodes where victims were shot in the back while fleeing. How could that possibly be considered "standing your ground?" Yet the flawed law prevailed.

Review more: http://www.bradenton.com/2013/03/09/4426297/f...
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>With the "stand your ground law" I can understand how the recidivism rate would drop.
Colorado has a simaler Law called "The Make My Day" Law!

I remember last year where some teens were breaking in a guys house. The Man shot one in the face and killed him at the front door. The other kid ran away. The kid who was killed`s Family threatened to kill the home owner. The guy had to move so as to protect his safety. The kid that got killed was Hispanic I believe. His Family were on the news saying they would kill the home owner. Claiming the kid was not trying to burgalarize the Mans home but the other teen later admitted they were.

The home owner was not charged as he was within his right to protect his home under that law!
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
Orlando, self-proclaimed tourist capital of the world,'one of America's most violent cities'
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Miami Design District Crime Challenges $312 Million Luxury Overhaul
since the new luxury stores began opening in October, the Design District and surrounding streets have seen an influx of criminals staking out stores, restaurants, and construction sites. Between November 20 and February 20, there has been one aggravated assault, four robberies, and ten break-ins and thefts in the neighborhood. In addition to the Harry's episode, some of the more eye-popping crimes include:

• thieves lifting $37,495 worth of merchandise from the temporary Louis Vuitton store at 170 NE 40th St. on November 21;

• two men beating up a food delivery driver and taking his cell phone in front of 270 NE 39th St. on December 11; and

• a mugger attacking a Key Largo woman in broad daylight and stealing her $700 Canon camera on NW 38th Street at NW First Avenue on January 14.

As some observers ask whether crime could threaten his bold plan to make the Design District Miami's flossiest retail setting, Robins insists those fears are unfounded. "It concerns me to have any incidents occur in the Design District," says the developer, who spends a million dollars a year on security. "Luxury malls and neighborhoods attract a certain amount of crime. However, we have less crime than other major luxury retail properties in South Florida."

Shop more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/miam...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis
http://www.infowars.com/city-wants-power-to-d...
Toldyaso…
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/03/0...

Amazing ...!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Sheriff Alleges Democrats Pressuring Pro-Gun Sheriffs By Threatening To Stop, Stall Pay Raises If They Don’t Support Gun Control

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/10/colorado-s...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis
http://www.infowars.com/city-wants-power-to-d...
Another misleading headline.

The article says that the ordinance would allow law enforcement to disarm individuals who were behaving in an "unruly" manner, not the citizenry at large.

Seems unnecessary since police already have the authority to arrest these same individuals, but it isn't the gun grab the far right wants to make it seem.

Fear and rhetoric are the hallmarks of the far right.
White Chuck

Kelso, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Go to the kiddie boards
IF ya want ...
to TALK like THAT ...
THIS is a SERIOUS "subject" ...
"The pResident has FAILED us.
For SERIOUS minded ADULTS only!
;0)
[along with some humor thrown in occasionally, for comedic RELIEF from so MUCH tragedy]
I do my best with the humor,they have a hard time with that area.Keep on trucking lady,little under weather today, be back sometime later,God be with ya.
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think TM went back to find GZ? Transcript that proves that happened, please.
IF you were a decent, open-minded, Law and Order citizen instead of the racist-phobe that you have proclaimed yourself to be (do you need me to bring up YOUR post saying that you consider most if not all the 'conservatives' are racist or use racist-based logic? LIKE I DID ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT GZ?), U would know and remember WHAT the 'gf' testified to about her conversation with TM.

but, what's the use of bringing up such FACTS?

it's like all the race-baiting LIES put out to get National attention and an arrest: GZ wasn't taken into custody, he wasn't 'quuestioned', he wasn't tested, he wasn't wounded. etc...

nevermind that the WHOLE State's 'case' is based on fear of domestic violence, votes, a sitting Pres' comments, biased media coverage, LIES, reverse racism... hell, any thing but the KNOWN evidence.

but, don't take this 'conservative racist's' word, take the great liberal and pro-people's lawyer, Dershowitz' word. I would think HIS opinion, as one of the pre-eminent attorneys of OUR life times would carry some weight with his fellow libs. but NOT with die-hard Progressives, eh?

tell me, do u/did you support the New Black Panthers racist, violent, vigilanty rhetoric? the threats of domestic violence?

the State citing as ITS voice expert the 'impartial and scientific' word (NOT!) of the mother (as opposed to the father saying no, it wasn't his son's voice) IS the prime example of the State's PERSECUTION via its Arrest Warrant.

FACTS, NTR, STILL MATTER to some of us. when did they cease mattering to YOU?

your credibility is near zero, based on your own words. you DO know that, don't you?

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
New wave of 'superbugs' poses dire threat, says chief medical officer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/11...
Drug resistant bacteria on the rise
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Drug-resi...
CDC Warns Of SARS-Related Virus From Middle East
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/03/08/cdc-warn...
Thank you, I've heard the same thing from a variety of sources.
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
These are your words higgans...
"according to a site for LEGAL questions, allexperts.com , UNLESS THE LESSER CHARGES ARE FILED WITH THE HIGHEST CHARGE, NO, the jury cannot just pull a charge out of their collective arses and find any body guilty.
now, IF the Spec Pros DID include Manslaughter, yes, they can.
my understanding is: SHE DID NOT."
----------
I'm just going to say this and get it over with.
I don't think you're very smart.
You said the prosecutor had not included the lesser charges and that meant the jury would not have the option to consider a lesser charge.
I have been (patiently) trying to point out that the lesser charges are included automatically which meant the jury does have that option.
If you finally understand that Zimmerman can in fact be convicted of manslaughter even if the jury decides not to convict on the charge of second degree murder then we have made at least some progress and I'm satisfied that may be all your limited intellect is capable of understanding.
There's really no reason to continue this discussion unless you are determined prove what a nasty, little moron you really are.
one word: LIAR.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
And?? Tourist going down to Church street should avoid paramore and pine hills or even OBT.. Ya know them "thug" types..

Eagle
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> Sound like a good group of people on the review board.
A bunch of good old boys good enough for government.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
You have a tendency to focus on the sentences that you agree with and disregard the everything else. You always have. By doing that, any meaning to the written word is lost with you.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Miami Design District Crime Challenges $312 Million Luxury Overhaul
since the new luxury stores began opening in October, the Design District and surrounding streets have seen an influx of criminals staking out stores, restaurants, and construction sites. Between November 20 and February 20, there has been one aggravated assault, four robberies, and ten break-ins and thefts in the neighborhood. In addition to the Harry's episode, some of the more eye-popping crimes include:
• thieves lifting $37,495 worth of merchandise from the temporary Louis Vuitton store at 170 NE 40th St. on November 21;
• two men beating up a food delivery driver and taking his cell phone in front of 270 NE 39th St. on December 11; and
• a mugger attacking a Key Largo woman in broad daylight and stealing her $700 Canon camera on NW 38th Street at NW First Avenue on January 14.
As some observers ask whether crime could threaten his bold plan to make the Design District Miami's flossiest retail setting, Robins insists those fears are unfounded. "It concerns me to have any incidents occur in the Design District," says the developer, who spends a million dollars a year on security. "Luxury malls and neighborhoods attract a certain amount of crime. However, we have less crime than other major luxury retail properties in South Florida."
Shop more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/miam...
Hmmmmm Wasn't travon from Miami?? Just curious..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a tendency to focus on the sentences that you agree with and disregard the everything else. You always have. By doing that, any meaning to the written word is lost with you.
Fluff is fluff and I call it that.. You just don't like what the article states..

In The Ghetto
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

BTW I will be voting for Scott next year as well..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

White Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>I do my best with the humor,they have a hard time with that area.Keep on trucking lady,little under weather today, be back sometime later,God be with ya.
Thank you.
I read them all ...
God BLESS you in return ... <3
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm Wasn't travon from Miami?? Just curious..
Eagle
The Melding Americas : Society : Miami: A Laboratory of Social Change : The migrant stream from Latin America and the Caribbean, coupled with 30 years of white flight, has pushed the city to the frontier of the urban future.

So while Little Havana remains a highly visible, vibrant neighborhood of grocery stores and small restaurants, monuments to Cuban heroes, Domino Park and the only McDonald's serving Cuban coffee, the Cuban-American majority in Miami lives everywhere, surrounding Little Nicaragua, and Little Haiti, and the Puerto Rican neighborhood of Wynwood, and areas populated by French Canadians, and yes, even an enclave of European Jews on Miami Beach where, as the in-line skaters swerve in and out, shouts of "Watch it!" go up in Yiddish and Russian.

Meld more: http://articles.latimes.com/1994-09-27/news/w...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,621 - 95,640 of240,228
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
...Pro-Amnesty 'Aztecs' Shout 'White Supremacis... 2 min Yep2 141
President's Party Asks Why He's Avoiding the Bo... 7 min ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti 28
Illegals Ask Cop for Ride to Houston 19 min remember 5
Murrieta Citizens Appear To Be Winning Battle O... 25 min TRansom 92
Jeb Bush: Immigration is 'not a felony' but 'an... 28 min Cordwainer Trout 18
Americans outraged as illegals to get free heal... 30 min wild child 7
Obama relishes roadshow, but agenda still stuck 46 min Cordwainer Trout 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••