The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#113499 Mar 9, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
E, everything begins and ends with hatred: race, class, sexuality, environment, immigrants, you name it.
GZ killed a black kid. not an assailant. a black kid.
the cops did not charge him. had nothing to do with evidence, obviously.
mention TM's persoanl history and you are a racist.
mention GZ's personal history and you are a saint.
I asked NTR to define racism and/or being a racist. she won't.
they never do.
WA has been complaining to me about not being able to ahve a concersation. doesn't a conversation mean exchanging INTELLIGENT bits of data?
opinion and feeling always seems to trump facts and logic with some certain folks. makes having a 'converstion' rather frustrating.
when being nice still gets you called a bigot or racist, why play nice? for very long?
as regards GZ, I made these same arguments most of last Spring and early Summer to the same dumbarse-type posters. same result...
it's been 8/9 months and ain't nothing changed... except the gf's story!:) I prefer the FIRST witness' testimonies.... before the fanily lawyers got to them (wink, wink).
my biggest fear is that GZ WILL be convicted... FOR THE WRONG REASONS.
our Country is traveling a WRONG course... and has been for decades.
Obama is just the tip of this ship's ice berg....
stay frosty, E....
It goes back to sticks and stones may break bones but names will never hurt me higgins.. We know the truth.. He might be convicted of manslaughter but I am sure it would be overturned in a appeal.. Just have to wait and see..

You stay frosty as well..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#113500 Mar 9, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, an armed Zimmerman was reporting and pursuing an unarmed Martin, not the other way around.
If Zimmerman wasn't so interested in "making a bust", Trayvon would still be alive and a father wouldn't have to relive being shown a photo of his son lying dead on the ground.
Had his father stayed home that night he wouldn't have needed to see a photo.. He would have seen it first hand instead of the police showing him something that happened in his community later..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#113501 Mar 9, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Rahr Rahr Rahr
Zimmerman on Drugs With Violent Side Effects When He Killed Trayvon
While the mainstream media made sure to report with exclamations and gasps that marijuana was found in Trayvon Martin‘s system on the night that he was killed, many outlets failed to also report that the level was well below what medical studies show cause “performance impairment.” The same can not be said for George Zimmerman. According to the paramedic report, the vigilante neighborhood watch captain was on the prescription drug Temazepam, reports MSNBC com.
Temazepam, also known as Restoril, is known to cause insomnia and anxiety, reports MSNBC. But there are more important side effects that were not mentioned.
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, the drug is also known to cause “aggressiveness” and “hallucinations,” among other problematic symptoms.
Hallucinate more: http://newsone.com/2016433/george-zimmerman-d...
More media spin..

"Temazepam, also known as Restoril, is known to cause insomnia and anxiety, reports MSNBC. But there are more important side effects that were not mentioned."

Tell MSNBC that Temazepam is a sleeping pill used to treat insomnia not cause it..

"According to the paramedic report, the vigilante neighborhood watch captain was on the prescription drug Temazepam, reports MSNBC com."

Once again it is taken at bedtime and Z I am sure didn't take it before the shooting occurred.. Had he he would been sound asleep instead of giving police reports..

Eagle

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#113502 Mar 9, 2013
Okay, tough guys. Grab some tissues and take a few minutes:

Two enemies discover a 'higher call' in battle
By John Blake, CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/09/living/higher-c...

INTRO:

Five days before Christmas 1943, a helpless American bomber pilot locked eyes with a German fighter pilot over the frozen skies of Europe. The German pilot spared the life of the American, and both men would reunite and become friends 50 years later. Franz Stigler and Charles Brown started the war as enemies, but during a tense wartime encounter, both men discovered a higher call.
Lock N Load

San Bernardino, CA

#113504 Mar 9, 2013
Feinstein Claims it’s legal to “hunt humans”

Veterans Should Not Be Exempt From Assault Weapons Ban

Infowars.com
March 9, 2013

In a ridiculous statement, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) claimed that it is currently legal in the US to “hunt humans”.

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/feinstein-veterans-sh...

Level 8

Location hidden

#113506 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had his father stayed home that night he wouldn't have needed to see a photo.. He would have seen it first hand instead of the police showing him something that happened in his community later..
Eagle
Maybe if government had upheld the laws it put on the books, we wouldn't be having a debate about what to do about illegal immigration. Maybe if we had paid attention to what the people we put in office do once they get there, we wouldn't be looking at 40% of the nation's wealth concentrated into the hands of the one percent. Maybe.

It's tough to be a human being. We do things without thinking about the possibility that some unknown monster is going to do the unthinkable to somebody we love from out of the blue. Maybe that mother shouldn't have cooked breakfast while her daughter went outside for her morning jog. If she had just stood on the front porch instead, maybe she would have seen the truck slow down in time to get her 45 out and blow the murdering rapist away before he could grab her only child.

Hindsight is always 20/20. You don't seem to be critical of George Zimmerman, but you have real problems with Trayvon Martin's father. Go figure.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#113507 Mar 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Okay, tough guys. Grab some tissues and take a few minutes:
Two enemies discover a 'higher call' in battle
By John Blake, CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/09/living/higher-c...
INTRO:
Five days before Christmas 1943, a helpless American bomber pilot locked eyes with a German fighter pilot over the frozen skies of Europe. The German pilot spared the life of the American, and both men would reunite and become friends 50 years later. Franz Stigler and Charles Brown started the war as enemies, but during a tense wartime encounter, both men discovered a higher call.
Ahh, ain't that sweet? I wonder how many Birkenau survivors yucked it up with their former guards?

Level 8

Location hidden

#113508 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More media spin..
"Temazepam, also known as Restoril, is known to cause insomnia and anxiety, reports MSNBC. But there are more important side effects that were not mentioned."
Tell MSNBC that Temazepam is a sleeping pill used to treat insomnia not cause it..
"According to the paramedic report, the vigilante neighborhood watch captain was on the prescription drug Temazepam, reports MSNBC com."
Once again it is taken at bedtime and Z I am sure didn't take it before the shooting occurred.. Had he he would been sound asleep instead of giving police reports..
Eagle
Oh, of course! Nobody abuses prescription drugs in America! Adderall is the MOST abused prescription drug in America. Need a citation? Millions aren't hooked on pain pills. This just never happens. So, Zimmerman took his "go fast" during the day (just like the college students who abuse it), but when he needed to come down, he took his "go night night" pill. Both of these meds have some alarming side effects, not the least of which is paranoia. Adderall is an amphetamine. Originally, it was used for weight control/loss. Notice how GZ has packed on the pounds? Maybe he stopped taking Adderall.

Level 8

Location hidden

#113509 Mar 9, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, ain't that sweet? I wonder how many Birkenau survivors yucked it up with their former guards?
Did you think this was to be a commonplace story? It was an exceptional show of humanity. Sheesh.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#113510 Mar 9, 2013
What's the argument about today?

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#113511 Mar 9, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
Sen. Marco Rubio sabotages the economy
Instead of accepting the will of mainstream voters—even within the GOP—Rubio chooses extremism over common sense.
Sense more: http://www.examiner.com/article/sen-marco-rub...
U.S. unemployment rate drops to 7.7% as jobs grow.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/jobs-49876...

Poor Man's Son
http://youtu.be/wcItfR48PcU
Reflections

“RELAX”

Level 8

#113512 Mar 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you think this was to be a commonplace story? It was an exceptional show of humanity. Sheesh.
Has Zimmerman's dad ever offered condolences to Martins dad?

That would be a show of humanity too.

Level 8

Location hidden

#113513 Mar 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Some people want to award George Zimmerman a medal for heroism in saving the good folks of Sanford from a thug, and they want Trayvon Martin's father arrested and prosecuted for child neglect and having a girlfriend he apparently "shacked up" with. There's more, but that's an overview. And, of course, we should never bring up the fact that human beings can on occasion show compassion and humanity.

“RELAX”

Level 8

#113514 Mar 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Some people want to award George Zimmerman a medal for heroism in saving the good folks of Sanford from a thug, and they want Trayvon Martin's father arrested and prosecuted for child neglect and having a girlfriend he apparently "shacked up" with. There's more, but that's an overview. And, of course, we should never bring up the fact that human beings can on occasion show compassion and humanity.
Some people would argue that the sun rises in the west and the moon is made of cheese.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#113515 Mar 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Community Site Topix Sees 40 Percent Year-Over-Year Traffic Growth As Political Focus Pays Off
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/07/topix-politi...

And one of the hottest topics on topix might very well be that our president has failed us.
After all it is all over topix, it seems, everywhere I go here lately. LOL
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#113516 Mar 9, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. unemployment rate drops to 7.7% as jobs grow.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/jobs-49876...
Poor Man's Son
http://youtu.be/wcItfR48PcU
Reflections
A Closer look at the numbers:

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2013/03...

"All is not entirely sweetness and light, though, as Brad DeLong and many others have noted. The number of MULTIPLE jobholders rose by 340,000 this month, to 7.26 million — a rise larger than the headline rise in payrolls. Which means that one way of looking at this report is to say that all of the new jobs created were second or third jobs, going to people who were already employed elsewhere.
----------

Many citizens may not be aware that the BLS counts the number of jobs when calculating the unemployment rate---NOT the number of people who are working.

If an individual has three jobs then the BLS counts three even though only one ACTUAL Person is working. Following it thru to its logical conclusion, there are LESS people who have jobs now, then had them last month.

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#113517 Mar 9, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey V, long time no see. Good post, Elizabeth is a spitfire, and exactly the kind of leader we need in office.
Hope things are going well for you.
Hi Free, yeah it's been a while, doing well, just a little busier than usual, hope you and yours are doing well too.
Yeah, Elizabeth Warner's a righteous lady.
A strong woman who actually represents her constituency,
Imagine that.....
Bright women seem to intimidate the chit out of angry old Republican men.

Speaking of strong bright and beautiful....

Republicans Hate on Ashley Judd

Hating on people is an essential part of campaigns. There are groups dedicated to it; our political parties become almost entirely consumed with hating on people every two years. A lot of money goes into it.

But when it comes to Ashley Judd, Republicans are pouring Haterade over the actress as if she had just won a bowl game.

Judd, a Democrat, may or may not challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the nation's second-most-powerful Republican, for his Kentucky Senate seat in 2014, and the GOP has gone out of its way to make even the notion of such ambitions seem ludicrous.

On Friday the National Republican Senatorial Committee cheekily announced Judd as the Republican Party's own top Senate recruit, sending reporters a fake fundraising email:
continued...
http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-hate-ashley...

Level 8

Location hidden

#113518 Mar 9, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
A Closer look at the numbers:
http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2013/03...
"All is not entirely sweetness and light, though, as Brad DeLong and many others have noted. The number of MULTIPLE jobholders rose by 340,000 this month, to 7.26 million — a rise larger than the headline rise in payrolls. Which means that one way of looking at this report is to say that all of the new jobs created were second or third jobs, going to people who were already employed elsewhere.
----------
Many citizens may not be aware that the BLS counts the number of jobs when calculating the unemployment rate---NOT the number of people who are working.
If an individual has three jobs then the BLS counts three even though only one ACTUAL Person is working. Following it thru to its logical conclusion, there are LESS people who have jobs now, then had them last month.
I remember lots of 60 hour work weeks! Of course, they came with health insurance benefits, a pension, a 401-K, and sizable bonuses at year end. I guess 60 hours at minimum wage and no benefits, much less a bonus, beats a blank. I'd never work for "the man" again. Most of us can do better and be happier in the process figuring it out on our own than working at poverty wages on somebody else's schedule. I'd rather commit myself to a small business I owned and operated (even if it is a one woman show) than play victim to that kind of greed. It's maddening.

“RELAX”

Level 8

#113519 Mar 9, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Community Site Topix Sees 40 Percent Year-Over-Year Traffic Growth As Political Focus Pays Off
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/07/topix-politi...
And one of the hottest topics on topix might very well be that our president has failed us.
After all it is all over topix, it seems, everywhere I go here lately. LOL
It appears that Obama has almost finished cleaning up after eight years of republican rule and U.S. economy poised to accelerate despite the party of NO.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/25/us-...
mercury

Longview, WA

#113520 Mar 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people would argue that the sun rises in the west and the moon is made of cheese.
Good one Panic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 19 min Angels Flight 135,841
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 1 hr OneRepublic 1,889
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 2 hr car mat 6
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 3 hr ronnie 4
Obama lays out immigration goals, not timing 4 hr dirtbag1958 60
McConnell hits back against Grimes' skeet-shoot... 8 hr kuda 19
Rubio interrupted by hecklers in South Carolina 9 hr INFIDEL 62
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••