The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
94,441 - 94,460 of 257,072 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#112498 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Like I thought.
Eagle doesn't know everything he thinks he does.
Turns out that if Zimmerman isn't convicted on the murder charge, the jury does still have the option of convicting him on the lesser charge of manslaughter.
There are dozens of sources that explain this in detail. Most are academic, but here's an easy to understand article that covers it...
The George Zimmerman Case: Five Key Questions
"...it was still a wise strategy on Corey's part, as a jury can always find him not guilty of second-degree murder but guilty of manslaughter. A jury can never find someone guilty of a higher charge, but they can always find him guilty of a lesser charge, so in a sense, she's covering her bases."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/the-...
---------
The moral of this story is, DON"T TAKE LEGAL ADVICE FROM EAGLE!!!
Thank you, Jax.

That's what I was asking.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112499 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true with people who don't understand that there can be several great ways to get a case won but a good lawyer picks the one the will work the easiest and most effectively even though many apply. But nothing has been taken off the table except a hearing the defense didn't have time to prepare for and stand your ground is still in the game and at play.
Are you aware that the FBI turn over the information they have to Zman's defense even though they were ordered to? They aren't playing fair with him. Hard to put a defense together when they are sandbagging info.
Agree

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#112500 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we should let the jury decide now but I doubt it should have ever been taken this far to begin with.
Ye, I remember several of you swearing up and down that Zimmerman would never be charged in the first place.

I've learned to take what you have to say about this case with a grain of salt and check the info on my own.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#112501 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
State's main witness in George Zimmerman murder case lied
Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, the state's most important witness in the George Zimmerman murder case, was caught in a lie, it was revealed Tuesday. It was not the first piece of misinformation tied to her, but it was the most damaging to date and left prosecutors in a very awkward position. They had to publicly acknowledge that their star witness had lied under oath and had to answer questions about what they intend to do about it. Reporters asked: Will you charge the 19-year-old Miami woman with perjury? The state's lead prosecutor, Bernie de la Rionda, gave an ambiguous answer: "You can all read the law and make your own decision."
more
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/bre...
So what do you think? Should she be charges? Will she be charged?
I think she should be in jail myself..

Eagle
Quirky

Denver, CO

#112502 Mar 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
Start spending cuts with foreign aid
Foreign aid accounts for 1 percent of the federal budget, which if eliminated, would offset a large part of the sequester-required reduction in spending. Much of the foreign aid goes to countries with corrupt governments where officials line their pockets or to countries that are opposed to the United States, such as the billions we give to Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood.
But in order to make a partisan political statement, the head democrat of this administration chooses instead to cut money from programs that will hurt poor and middle class citizens instead.
Have any cuts to Obamacare been looked at?
Report:$60 billion wasted in Iraq reconstruction

Almost exactly nine years ago, America entered Iraq. Somewhere between $760 billion and $810 billion later, we’re still there, still fighting corruption – and finding out that $60 billion on reconstruction of Iraq was largely wasted. From CBS:

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/2013/03/repo...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112503 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Like I thought.
Eagle doesn't know everything he thinks he does.
Turns out that if Zimmerman isn't convicted on the murder charge, the jury does still have the option of convicting him on the lesser charge of manslaughter.
There are dozens of sources that explain this in detail. Most are academic, but here's an easy to understand article that covers it...
The George Zimmerman Case: Five Key Questions
"...it was still a wise strategy on Corey's part, as a jury can always find him not guilty of second-degree murder but guilty of manslaughter. A jury can never find someone guilty of a higher charge, but they can always find him guilty of a lesser charge, so in a sense, she's covering her bases."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/the-...
---------
The moral of this story is, DON"T TAKE LEGAL ADVICE FROM EAGLE!!!
I would come closer to
STAKING my livelihood on what Eagle says ...
Than on what "you" say!

He IS telling the TRUTH ...
"you" .... NO!

It ain't in you.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#112504 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, assuming it gets to the trial and is not dropped before hand.
What is the FBI hiding?
A year or two ago in this town we had a murder conviction over turned and a man set free because the prosecution played games like that.
The FBI gave enough shadow of doubt there will never be a conviction.. They are hiding along with #8 lying Z will walk a free man..

Eagle

Level 6

Location hidden

#112505 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they can't go for a lesser charge.. No doubt they will and fail.. Their star witness is a liar and proven under oath.. Why don't you want her in jail jax??
Eagle
Does the law call for her to be jailed Eagle?

Unless I'm mistaken she has not been accused of lying under oath.

If I'm wrong about that give me a link and I'll be glad to read it.

What I know for sure is that there is no indication that she has lied about what she says she heard that evening.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112507 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she should be in jail myself..
Eagle
Me TOO!
For causing such an UPROAR with her deceitful LIES!
And continuing after SEEING what they have caused!

A man AND his wife in trouble for NOTHING!
Fearing for their lives!

The whole Nation and parts internationally in a RACIAL division, like not seen in AGES!

Level 6

Location hidden

#112508 Mar 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would come closer to
STAKING my livelihood on what Eagle says ...
Than on what "you" say!
He IS telling the TRUTH ...
"you" .... NO!
It ain't in you.
We all have a right to our own opinion...even you.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112509 Mar 6, 2013
Huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you did, m'Lady- but you know there's more than a nugget of truth in my previous post.
Yes, I know. They do bleed blue here. They're pretty fond of their high school basketball teams too. That's about the only activity around in small town Kentucky. Only about 17% of the state supports the Cards. My son is one of those, and believe me, he hears about it 24/7 from all his friends during basketball season. They NEVER stop razzing him. He stands firm - and often alone when the two meet up for a game. The only time the tide shifts is when one is eliminated from the NCAA Championship, and the entire state gets behind the other.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112510 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they can't go for a lesser charge.. No doubt they will and fail.. Their star witness is a liar and proven under oath.. Why don't you want her in jail jax??
Eagle
I seldom answer the same post twice, but I just realized that you still don't get it.

The prosecution is not going for a charge of manslaughter. They are going for a charge of second degree murder.

If the jury decides not to convict on the murder charge, they (the jury) can still find him guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Has nothing to do with the prosecution, it's up to the jury.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#112512 Mar 6, 2013
Huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>We've already seen that TM's sterling past is anything BUT- plenty of evidence to the contrary, and you libs know it. This isn't a court of law but a court of opinion and yours carries no more weight than anyone else's, including the one I originally replied to. As far as "right wing race baiters" goes- you've gotten into a real stereotyping mode here, lately- have you noticed, or is that something only liberals are allowed and encouraged to do?
That's ok. A person doesn't have to have a "sterling" past to be killed unjustly and unlawfully.

You fail to mention but Z-man doesn't have a "sterling" past either, so that about settles that.

Martin's past has nothing to do with what happened the night he was killed.

Martin was the one just walking minding his own business.

Why did Zimmerman leave his car in the first place?

If Martin felt threatened, and I don't know who wouldn't have, being followed by a stranger at night asking questions they are not entitled to know, then he(Martin) is entitled to use force to defend himself, even "deadly force".

Zimmerman was not on his own property. He left the safety and neutral area of his car to follow Martin. IMO

The court will decide on who the aggressor was that night but I can't help but think had Zman just reported Martin and left it at that, Martin would be alive today.

Zimmerman never had to leave his car. He(Zman) claimed on the 911 tape that Martin was "staring" at him so by his own admission Martin was aware of his presence.

Now try to look it at it from Martin's possible perspective. He is just walking home. A stranger in a car is watching him. Not a police officer. Not a security guard, just some random adult male.

That enough would make me feel threatened. Then at some point, according to the transcript, I believe Zman claimed that Martin ran. Now, for Zman, why leave the neutrality and safety of the car?

And why is it not reasonable that Martin might view this action as a escalation of threat to his safety?

I've said this before, when flight or fight kicks in, we all deal with what we perceive as an eminent threat differently.

Level 9

Forum

#112514 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The FBI gave enough shadow of doubt there will never be a conviction.. They are hiding along with #8 lying Z will walk a free man..
Eagle
How did the FBI create any "shadow of doubt?" Do YOU know what their files contain, or why they were even investigating the case? It was federal because of possible "civil rights" violations based on it being a "racially motivated" crime.

How on earth can YOU be so certain "there will never be a conviction" when it's very possible he could be charged with manslaughter and still do time?

Your arrogance is astounding.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112515 Mar 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Me TOO!
For causing such an UPROAR with her deceitful LIES!
And continuing after SEEING what they have caused!
A man AND his wife in trouble for NOTHING!
Fearing for their lives!
The whole Nation and parts internationally in a RACIAL division, like not seen in AGES!
Calm down Gus.

She hasn't been accused of lying about what she heard on the phone that night.

She has been accused of lying about being in the hospital.

I understand the point that once she lies about anything her credibility comes into question, but then again Zimmerman and his wife both lied under oath.

They have their own problems when it comes to credibility.

Level 9

Forum

#112516 Mar 6, 2013
And before any of you have a hissy fit, that meant a POSSIBLE "racially motivated" crime.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112518 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a right to our own opinion...even you.
I was JUST stating MY opinion
on
your opinion.
And ADDING to it.

Can I do that?
Yepperz!

But you didn't like it!
Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Roll with it.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#112519 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
What I know for sure is that there is no indication that she has lied about what she says she heard that evening.
The fact is she lied under oath jax.. Or are you going to go round and around knowing that is a fact?? She should be in jail until the trial is over or serve her sentence.. Let her be a convicted liar like you want for Z's wife..

Eagle

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112521 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> TGhey got the information from someone, most likely a city representative. Why no churches? Not as important as bars?
Are you gonna' make me call you an insulting name here? If the questions asked by Bloomberg Business when they conducted the survey did not ask for number of churches, then the cities they were ranking didn't provide them with the number of churches in those cities. Do you follow?

We're full up with churches in this part of the country. I'm sure Huntscoyotes can back me up on this. Where I live, there is a church of one kind or the other on almost every corner of the city, and there are larger churches and smaller churches spread throughout the country side. There are about six churches within about four square miles of where I live. We're very big on Christ Jesus in this part of the country. Now, look what you've made me do? Pok will probably have nightmares tonight just thinking about it. We NEED these churches, primarily because we have so many sinners, and what better place is there for sinners than in church trying to get it right? Personally, I can sit outside on the mower and have a conversation with God, or just turn in for the night and have the same experience. I'm not a fan of organized religion.

Level 9

Forum

#112522 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
She was charged with perjury I believe, Jack but not about what she heard the night of the crime.

She lied about being in the hospital the day of Martin's funeral and her age. She was 18 but said she was 16. Neither of those things have any direct bearing on the case. The worst it could do is create a credibility problem. She should be charged I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only the White House is talking about a governm... 37 min blade007 14
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 47 min D Valens 135,575
Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball 58 min Memo From Turner 29
Obama's immigration decision could roil 2014 el... 5 hr Le Jimbo 32
Virginia Intermont College in Bristol, Va., may... 6 hr FYI2 3
Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 6 hr Republicans Are S... 16,150
Shaheen opponents go after her votes on immigra... 8 hr spud 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••