The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409654 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#112703 Mar 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice was made and taken.. The pubs offered ways around them..
But you didn't answer didn't billy boy not close down bases to help balance his budget??
Eagle
Billy boys closing of any bases has nothing to do with the cuts that have been ordered in the sequester. Plus who knows that maybe one of the things that Obama will do because that money has to be cut from military spending. This isn't the time to be cutting back a lot on our military. It isn't safe out there as we have Countries that would love nothing better then to set off nukes here and they are working on getting them.
As to the Pubs offering ways around the sequester so did the Dems. Neither would budge. So here we are. Instead of working together give a little, take a little they just sit on their fat spoiled backsides and watch America become insolvent over time.
higgans

Avon, IN

#112704 Mar 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Higgans, you're a lost cause.
I never said a word about Zimmerman stopping Trayvon Martin.
As a matter of fact I said we don't know how Zimmerman and Martin ended up face to face.
Try and follow me here, because I have limited patience with stupidity.
....that to happen.
well, mr.'limited patience with stupidity', waht DO you call the gf's statement and GZ's version? if not EVIDENCE of how the confrontation occurred?

you are the one in denial of the facts and absolutely, positively refuse to accept any thing GZ says.

supposedly, the responding LE officers did NOT believe it either. unlike you and others, upon further investigation (and without the gf's testimony!), they determined that THEY could NOT disprove GZ's version.

still, the lead det wanted the prosecutor to charge something... he DECLINED....BASED ON THE PD'S INVESTIGATION.

let's look, again, at the faux facts, as presented from the TM-side of this case:
1) GZ was a white Hispanic.... well, which is he? why USE that description? the name 'white Hispanic' has since been DROPPED.

2) GZ voluntarily named TM as 'black', AND an edited audio tape was MANUFACTURED to support this report. GZ was ASKED by the dispatcher and THEN said he thought he was black and NBC is yet to PAY for their 'crime'.

3) the photos.'nuff said and highly prejudicial and journalistically UNethical (just the facts, ma'am).

4) GZ was NOT taken into custody by his cop 'buddies'. he was, wasn't he. and he was questioned for a good little bit, wasn't he?

5) GZ was NOT injured. another LIE disproved... repeatedly.

6) the voice: TM's or not? father said NO, mother said yes. phony experts from the TM-side said it was TM's... 60%. REAL voice experts said the recording COULD NOT BE SCIENTIFICALLY analysed. the Spec Pros used the mother's testimony... most likely NOT admissable at trial!

7) GZ's father: judge? in FL? used influence? ALL debunked!! were these bits of data even germaine to the incident? NO! but they support allegations of racism and bias.

8) TM's presence in gated community. originally reported that his father resided there. LIE.

9) TM's personal media accounts. EXPUNGED.

10) GZ's character? more MIS-info than fact. germaine? as about germaine as TM's.

11) remember all of the MSM attention paid to mumbled comments on the 911 audio tape? false allegations of a racial slur... later DEBUNKED. why this GROSS mis-handling, obviously BIASED, criminal conduct by the media? and, the almost total avoidence of similar reports about TM and WHY he was even THERE?

12) threats, veiled and NOT, of certain social repercussions if 'justice' was not done. shear domestic terrorism... that WORKED.

13) the Arrest Warrant. debunked and ridculed across the Nation by very knowledgeable attorneys.

BUT, un-biased YOU are willing to wait for the trial to determine the 'facts'.

no wonder you voted for and support Obama....

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#112705 Mar 7, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a comic book mind too!
Jax told you this? LOL! I think I now know who you are. You're the clueless blond bimbo getting ready to go on a date with the "French model" she met on the internet.(State Farm commercial)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rmx4twCK3_IXX
I love some of the crap you post. It's so obviously immature and you are so childishly gullible. No need to dispute it, just repost it and it shoots itself down. LOL!
Yes Jax told her that.

After I recieved my Honorable Discharge I fulfilled a lifetime dream and opened my own restaurant.

The business was very successful, but after a few years of 16 hour days I was getting restless (and tired).

I had more than one offer to buy the place, but it just so happened the right person made the right offer on the right day and I took the money and ran.

I was active in politics on the state and local level for a while, then I got married and we bought a place in the country. Another dream of mine. To own a farm.

No mortgage.

These days I live a quiet peaceful life that I am very happy with.

I take care of the farm, do a little volunteer work and my spouse works for a large corporation.

Exactly what is your problem with any of that?
higgans

Avon, IN

#112706 Mar 7, 2013
Numbers wrote:
<quoted text>
Zim may prevail, even if only because the kid can't testify because he's dead. His version might be the only one with evidence, but that might be because Zim is alive and had time to match his story to the slim evidence. His credibility is near zero because he ignored both CC and NW rules.
Nobody gives up their rights. But when you operate within certain new privileges you have to obey their rules. If you have a concealed carry but start patrolling, that's outside the permit's rules. If you are caught doing that, your CC Will be revoked. If you carry a gun while on Neighborhood Watch, you are no longer operating within their rules and have lost whatever civil or criminal protection they offer. Zim was violating both privileges at the same time. At the very least, he's civilly liable.
Want to patrol the neighborhood? Go ahead, but not with a concealed gun. Even having a CC permit doesn't make that legal. Want to patrol the neighborhood without being part of NW? Fine. But you are taking a risk if you make a mistake. Also can't be done with a concealed gun.
The trial will decide the facts based on what the jury believes. If Zim skates by, it will be because the situation he caused turned into something else, as you suggest. II hope the go after him civilly and criminally for all the violations and reckless stuff that he did. You could be right and he escapes murder. But he needs to be hit with everything else possible to insure we have no more CC and/or NW members flaunting their rules. Those rules are there precisely to prevent amateur wannabe cops from creating situations just like this one. Zim had no police traing, equipment, experience or even common sense.
pure BS... has nothing to do with WHAT HAPPENED.

the State of FL was intimadated into making a FALSE arrest, can NOT a jury be SCARED into convicting? at least a hung jury...

OJ's jury elected to ignore evidence, right? I only say THAT because NO OTHER EVIDENCE HAS BEEN UN-EARTHED to point he finger elsewhere.

was GZ charged with illegally carrying? er, I don't think so... he wasn't even charged with discharging a firearm in city limits!

you folks keep laying the smoke screens... to hide the State's short-comings.
sun

Longview, WA

#112707 Mar 7, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Obama, do us all a big favor, get sick and die!
No you don't,little over the top there guy.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112708 Mar 7, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Billy boys closing of any bases has nothing to do with the cuts that have been ordered in the sequester. Plus who knows that maybe one of the things that Obama will do because that money has to be cut from military spending. This isn't the time to be cutting back a lot on our military. It isn't safe out there as we have Countries that would love nothing better then to set off nukes here and they are working on getting them.
As to the Pubs offering ways around the sequester so did the Dems. Neither would budge. So here we are. Instead of working together give a little, take a little they just sit on their fat spoiled backsides and watch America become insolvent over time.
Hey WA.

Just wanted to say hello.

Can't seem to find a good enough reason to spend my time arguing with these dullards anymore.

Hope you have a good day.

:)

Level 6

Location hidden

#112709 Mar 7, 2013
I see a few people looking for attention today and a lot of bait.

Gus seems to have had another "episode", Higgans is his usual self (that's a shame) and for some reason that is completely beyond me OMG has decided to attack my life history.

I guess it's just another day on Topix.

Anyway, I'm on my way out the door and you guys may get exactly what you want.

I'm really kind of sick of this.

I'm just having a hard time remembering what makes this worth the trouble of putting up with so many idiots.

Maybe I'll figure it out later, or maybe I'll find something better to do with my free time.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#112710 Mar 7, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, mr.'limited patience with stupidity', waht DO you call the gf's statement and GZ's version? if not EVIDENCE of how the confrontation occurred?
you are the one in denial of the facts and absolutely, positively refuse to accept any thing GZ says.
supposedly, the responding LE officers did NOT believe it either. unlike you and others, upon further investigation (and without the gf's testimony!), they determined that THEY could NOT disprove GZ's version.
still, the lead det wanted the prosecutor to charge something... he DECLINED....BASED ON THE PD'S INVESTIGATION.
let's look, again, at the faux facts, as presented from the TM-side of this case:
1) GZ was a white Hispanic.... well, which is he? why USE that description? the name 'white Hispanic' has since been DROPPED.
2) GZ voluntarily named TM as 'black', AND an edited audio tape was MANUFACTURED to support this report. GZ was ASKED by the dispatcher and THEN said he thought he was black and NBC is yet to PAY for their 'crime'.
3) the photos.'nuff said and highly prejudicial and journalistically UNethical (just the facts, ma'am).
4) GZ was NOT taken into custody by his cop 'buddies'. he was, wasn't he. and he was questioned for a good little bit, wasn't he?
5) GZ was NOT injured. another LIE disproved... repeatedly.
6) the voice: TM's or not? father said NO, mother said yes. phony experts from the TM-side said it was TM's... 60%. REAL voice experts said the recording COULD NOT BE SCIENTIFICALLY analysed. the Spec Pros used the mother's testimony... most likely NOT admissable at trial!
7) GZ's father: judge? in FL? used influence? ALL debunked!! were these bits of data even germaine to the incident? NO! but they support allegations of racism and bias.
8) TM's presence in gated community. originally reported that his father resided there. LIE.
9) TM's personal media accounts. EXPUNGED.
10) GZ's character? more MIS-info than fact. germaine? as about germaine as TM's.
11) remember all of the MSM attention paid to mumbled comments on the 911 audio tape? false allegations of a racial slur... later DEBUNKED. why this GROSS mis-handling, obviously BIASED, criminal conduct by the media? and, the almost total avoidence of similar reports about TM and WHY he was even THERE?
12) threats, veiled and NOT, of certain social repercussions if 'justice' was not done. shear domestic terrorism... that WORKED.
13) the Arrest Warrant. debunked and ridculed across the Nation by very knowledgeable attorneys.
BUT, un-biased YOU are willing to wait for the trial to determine the 'facts'.
no wonder you voted for and support Obama....
Saying he is "unbiased" is a blatant lie and you you should know it. Your credibility is in jeopardy. I am sure he will point this out to you. LOL.
higgans

Avon, IN

#112711 Mar 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think state taxpayers are getting their money's worth with Higgans here posting on Topix during work hours? Can a furlough be far away? Obviously, the system can do okay without Higgans at a desk. Higgans has too much free time on the job.
funny. except I work 3:30 to midnight.

and, as a Janitor I don't have a desk.

you don't read and remember posts very well, do you?

no, you just make sh!t up and try to post 'wise'.

except, you can't...

I think you wear your skinny jeans two sizes TOO small... as the blood isn't flowing DOWN to you brains.:)

P-A-T-H-R-T-I-C....

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112712 Mar 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stating facts is not making a argument..
Eagle
"Stating facts is not making a argument.."
lol Give it up Eagle you're no Confucius.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
Confucius

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/c...
higgans

Avon, IN

#112713 Mar 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>And, Mitt Romney will win the election. ;-)
more buyer's remorse?:)

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112714 Mar 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
I see a few people looking for attention today and a lot of bait.
Gus seems to have had another "episode", Higgans is his usual self (that's a shame) and for some reason that is completely beyond me OMG has decided to attack my life history.
I guess it's just another day on Topix.
Anyway, I'm on my way out the door and you guys may get exactly what you want.
I'm really kind of sick of this.
I'm just having a hard time remembering what makes this worth the trouble of putting up with so many idiots.
Maybe I'll figure it out later, or maybe I'll find something better to do with my free time.
The friends you've made on here. Plus even though it's painful, understanding where others are coming from and how they think is good to know.
Ignorence maybe bliss but it can be dangerous as well.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112715 Mar 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey WA.
Just wanted to say hello.
Can't seem to find a good enough reason to spend my time arguing with these dullards anymore.
Hope you have a good day.
:)
Hi back Jaxxon. I understand but I still hope to see you back. You have enlightened us with some of your knowledge and understanding. That would be missed by many of us here.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#112716 Mar 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Martin had been white the media would never have covered the story.. But I personally would feel the same and want a fair trial.. My brotherinlaw was killed and robbed by a black kid.. There wasn't any media coverage since he was white..
Eagle
The investigation was not thorough and being swept under the rug. Somebody yelled about it loud enough to get the media's attention. That's what drew my attention, not the color of either party. Then I did some research and found that this happens a LOT, especially with minority victims. So yes, color does matter, and it seems to matter most to some of those defending Mr. Zimmerman, considering how many time the terms 'black' and 'thug' are used together. But I don't think that everyone who defends Zimmerman is racist. I think there's also a 'tough guy' faction, who believe it's okay to go looking for a fight when you're armed and a hothead.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#112717 Mar 7, 2013
Honesty is not a Problem. It is yours.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#112719 Mar 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the state only has now a known liar under oath as their star witness.. Go figure..
Eagle
Shall we go into detail describing the actions of your hero Zimmerman in the weeks after he killed Trayvon Martin? It does not make his shining armor look so shiny, and it should be admitted into trial.
higgans

Avon, IN

#112720 Mar 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a shocker because if they had a solid Stand Your Ground defense Zimmerman would have walked away a free man and all of this would have been over.
Instead, this case will go to trial and Zimmerman's attorney isn't even sure Stand Your Ground will be used as a defense at all.
If there had been a hearing and Zimmerman had lost, Stand Your Ground couldn't have even been mentioned as part of the defense at trial.
I had someone much smarter than me point out that the attorney may be saving Stand Your Ground as a last resort if it appears the trial isn't going in their favor with the main defense.
I tried to tell the far right and the gun lobby that they were off track in the very beginning.
This never was a Stand Your Ground case.
I can think of a couple of reasons for NOT using SYG.

maybe, GZ, the client, said NO?

maybe, both client and atty want some 'cool off' time so Sanford won't 'suffer'?

maybe, either a DISMISSAL or ACQUITTAL will protect GZ from the civil lawsuits the 'parents' are sure to file afterwards?

just maybe...

who knows? you mental midgets haven't gotten anything right about this case yet....
Nbgfdf

United States

#112721 Mar 7, 2013
Go OBAMA let everyone make mangas!*puts on hollow mask*GETSUGA TENSHOU!!!!*obama puts one hand in front of hiself and blocks the whole blast*obam may be even stronger then juhabach and aizen....TBC
Nbgfdf

United States

#112722 Mar 7, 2013
None of you are taking me seriously
Nbgfdf

United States

#112723 Mar 7, 2013
Ok.wait till' obama gets a hollow mask.you'll be crying to me and i'll ignore you fools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama approval hits 60% at end of term 5 min Frogface Kate 13
News 'Beautiful Wall' a Tough Task Patchy border bar... 6 min tomin cali 22
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Go Trump 18,083
News California withdraws request to let illegal imm... 18 min tomin cali 12
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 20 min huntcoyotes 483
News The Latest: Obama says daughters disappointed b... 36 min Ronald 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr T Bone 144,079
More from around the web