The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
89,481 - 89,500 of 256,667 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Communist Obama Supporter

Los Angeles, CA

#106515 Feb 23, 2013
Quirky is currently on a virtual reality vacation in Russia..... looking for golden meteor fragments.
sun

Longview, WA

#106517 Feb 23, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahhaha! I'm glad you're laughing. There's lots to laugh at here.
Hi rose how ya doing was going to start watching car race but got to reply to ya,you just crack me up not trying to belittle ya,just try an talk to us right wings in a little diff. way mybe they'll stop talking bad to you to, just saying but its ok if ya don't because i can't help but laugh when ya get all woundup,theres a lotof faults with everybody an it seen to comeout here so comedown a bit ok

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#106518 Feb 23, 2013
Communist Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clicking that link. We know who you are now.
I don't. Who am I? lol

Los Angeles, CA

#106519 Feb 23, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that guy's spelling could be worse than Quirky's! Some of these "righties" really need some 'edumucation'. lol
They buy into the Rick Santorum rhetoric that being educated is snobby and who wants to be snobby?

Letz spells wordds rong so we can "looooooK" pATROITIC!!!

ima

El Paso, TX

#106520 Feb 23, 2013
Yea, he has flipped, flopped and FAILED....BIG TIME. Gas prices SOAR UP AGAIN .....right after HIS REELECTED, coincidence? NOPE! this is how he planned it....TO WIN A SECOND TERM.....BLIND SHEEP! How do you government supported blind sheep like it now? Yea, yea for you blind sheep it is still Bush's fault! LOL! LOL! LOL!

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#106521 Feb 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Says the extreme right wing troll who admitted to having multiple accounts. LOL.
What?? Are you drinking by any chance?

I am neither "right wing" nor a "troll," and I have never had "multiple accounts," and I know what you're accusing me of, POS.

You lose, POS because you're a liar.

You're off topic again.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#106522 Feb 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of these folks are in extreme defense mode after losing the election, because even just reading the term "Republican" has become synonymous with loser and extremists and obstructionists.
I think it's already too long post election to still be in denial and in a paranoiac state of being. On the other hand, with all of the unfavorable press from every mainstream publication about the degree and extent of bad policy, mathematically impossible policy, special interest policy, extremism and obstructionism being at the root of their loss, I can sympathize. Rather than attacking here, they should be reorganizing their efforts toward a more MODERATE Republican party of fiscal conservatism that might attract all kinds of folks who are totally turned off to the party right now. About the only way I see Republicans gaining ground is by pushing out the fringe elements who want to dictate to the rest of us their social agendas, their religious perspectives and their outright prejudices of divisiveness.
I'm not too encouraged by reading what is posted here that there's a prayer they'll get there anytime soon.
"Republican has become synonymous with loser and extremists and obstructionists."

May be YOUR opinion, but definitely not a true statement. "Defense mode"? Again, your opinion. This thread is "The President Has Failed Us" and we are here to to comment on these failures. If you want only positive comments about Obama, you should create a thread "The President Has Succeeded".

You and others obviously have no problem with Obama's policies and the direction he is leading us. That is fine. I am happy for you. I and others do not agree.

You continuously point out the election is over and the majority of Americans chose Obama. I am very aware of that fact. It certainly was not a land slide as 49% of Americans did NOT choose Obama. Bottom line is he did win. I accepted his win, but I do not have to be silent regarding his continued failures. That is why I came to this specific thread.

Level 5

Location hidden

#106523 Feb 23, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that guy's spelling could be worse than Quirky's! Some of these "righties" really need some 'edumucation'. lol
Spelling may not be his forte, but he should not be made fun of.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#106524 Feb 23, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Thank YOU so much for putting all this info up and for YOUR time!
BUT...what about 2009 - 2013? To be honest, one would have to post the MORE spending entitlements going on by this administration...draining the poor and middle class to a null and void representation(middle class shrinking daily)! Tell us ALL how the buds in place with Obama have not become the wealthiest and HAVE enriched ALL Americans with his policies-not!
Tell us HOW the president is NOT the "ithe facto" chief enforcer and how too many think he is perfectly legal in the manner he has brought this country to be SO beholden with debt in just HIS term!
He did after all run on the promise to CHANGE all that YOU posted above and solve THAT problem did he not?
Yeah, thanks buddy!
Obama is a corporate hack loser just like Bush,Cheney,Reagan, and Clinton.....

...... Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich Republicans terminated Glass/Steagall so the Wall Street Banks can Steal Again just like they did in 1929.....

....PLUS .... Obama is continuing over 90% of all Bush/Cheney FAILED policies....

.....PERIOD.

Increases in the National Debt / http://tinyurl.com/cywk2h
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9jbG-c2Ned4/SYHmbGR...

HEADLINES THAT YOU NEVER READ IN THE REPUBLICAN/FOREIGN-OWNED U.S. MEDIA:/ http://tinyurl.com/5mq65x

President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $100 Billion in one year!

President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $200 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $300 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $400 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $500 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion AGAIN! Almost hits $600 Billion!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a THIRD time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FOURTH time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FIFTH time!

"Our National Debt is up Three Trillion Dollars under George W. Bush!" / http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

===

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/ccs348

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/dfnkuu

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
Bill Clinton and the Republicans did away with oversight.
President Bill Clinton signed this into law with 54 Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no./ http://tinyurl.com/5lwv6z
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

Los Angeles, CA

#106525 Feb 23, 2013
ima wrote:
Yea, he has flipped, flopped and FAILED....BIG TIME. Gas prices SOAR UP AGAIN .....right after HIS REELECTED, coincidence? NOPE! this is how he planned it....TO WIN A SECOND TERM.....BLIND SHEEP! How do you government supported blind sheep like it now? Yea, yea for you blind sheep it is still Bush's fault! LOL! LOL! LOL!
The sequester is the Republicans fault.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#106526 Feb 23, 2013
sun wrote:
<quoted text> Hi rose how ya doing was going to start watching car race but got to reply to ya,you just crack me up not trying to belittle ya,just try an talk to us right wings in a little diff. way mybe they'll stop talking bad to you to, just saying but its ok if ya don't because i can't help but laugh when ya get all woundup,theres a lotof faults with everybody an it seen to comeout here so comedown a bit ok
Hi Sun.

I may have to make a special exception in your case. LOL!

But I can only talk to people respectfully to the degree they also show respect.

You also have to understand the history among some of us posters here, Sun. We go back a long way. I feel very calm and not wound up at all. I'm just a fast typist.

This is not simply about differences of political opinion. It's gotten very personal and to the extreme at times. I have nothing against conservatives or the far right as a group, and I respect their right to their opinions. But when people get abusive, vulgar, cruel and deliberately try to hurt others, I draw the line. Those people deserve no respect.

You might want to check out the car race after all--probably more interesting. LOL!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#106527 Feb 23, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? Are you drinking by any chance?
I am neither "right wing" nor a "troll," and I have never had "multiple accounts," and I know what you're accusing me of, POS.
You lose, POS because you're a liar.
You're off topic again.
No I'm not off topic. You and Obama have both failed us.

Los Angeles, CA

#106528 Feb 23, 2013
Looks like the incompetent knuckle draggers are upset that Obama is doing an excellent job of repairing the US economy and creating millions of jobs.

I hope food stamps are cut to red states.

I want to see genocide... the iron curtain way!!!!

Los Angeles, CA

#106530 Feb 23, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a corporate hack loser just like Bush,Cheney,Reagan, and Clinton.....
...... Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich Republicans terminated Glass/Steagall so the Wall Street Banks can Steal Again just like they did in 1929.....
....PLUS .... Obama is continuing over 90% of all Bush/Cheney FAILED policies....
.....PERIOD.
Increases in the National Debt / http://tinyurl.com/cywk2h
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9jbG-c2Ned4/SYHmbGR...
HEADLINES THAT YOU NEVER READ IN THE REPUBLICAN/FOREIGN-OWNED U.S. MEDIA:/ http://tinyurl.com/5mq65x
President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $100 Billion in one year!
President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $200 Billion in one year!
President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $300 Billion in one year!
President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $400 Billion in one year!
President George W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $500 Billion in one year!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion AGAIN! Almost hits $600 Billion!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a THIRD time!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FOURTH time!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FIFTH time!
"Our National Debt is up Three Trillion Dollars under George W. Bush!" / http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
===
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/ccs348
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/dfnkuu
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
Bill Clinton and the Republicans did away with oversight.
President Bill Clinton signed this into law with 54 Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no./ http://tinyurl.com/5lwv6z
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...
It's all Bush's fault.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#106531 Feb 23, 2013
sun wrote:
<quoted text>again thank you for your miltary service an hope the farm is doing good,ya know dem. had control of everything first two years of pres.obamas admi.,an they still control the sen.that hasn't past a budget for i don't know how long,it real doesn't matter thought where just to deep guy.we can talk all day about who to blame it just a waste of words for both of us,i,m just a little on the nervous side an hope you are,because i don't think they whoever they are, have are best intrust in mind could be wrong but i been around for longtime an it just don't feel right.sorry we don't see I to I on things ,I do hate people fighting over money all the time like we do now,never use to be so bad .Were getting sucked dry you shoud check out the fed. reserve an the seven banking family that control it,that control are gov. an money real eye opener.what kind of cattle ya got,i just remembered i got a nice that has cattle like about a dozen there called oreo or something like that,there black with white strip around the middle
"dem. had control of everything first two years of pres.obamas admi"

Actually, that's not the truth. Democrats had a 60 seat majority from September 24, 2009 thru February 4, 2010. 4 months; not 2 years. After that they had 56 Democrats and 2 Democratically-minded Independents. Not 58 Democrats. Also, Senator Kennedy was dieing and Al Franken not being seated while his opponent challenged the vote reduced the 60 votes required to overcome the republican filibusters to less than 58. Noting passed because the republicans folded their arms and told the world that they needed the President of the United States to fail for their own political gain.

The republican party has tried to force America to fail on purpose. They said it over and over. They wanted to get the oval office back so bad that they didn't care about the nation or the people.

That's the truth.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#106532 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling may not be his forte, but he should not be made fun of.
So don't make fun of him. lol

You get what you give around here.

Level 5

Location hidden

#106533 Feb 23, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's assume that the media is indeed liberal. So then, what would be the cause of it?
As many conservatives have pointed out and many more would agree, liberals are pampered, over-educated elitist. This then would mean that conservatives are condemning the education that turns an otherwise ordinary citizen into a liberal elitist. This fits perfectly with reality: conservatives and Republicans are suspicious of an education, apparently preferring ignorance.
Or maybe it's the educators who are liberal and brainwash impressionable students who go on to be journalists. Is this too a conspiracy? But how, when we know that the gov't has a hard time keeping secrets? Or are you prepared to admit that liberals are actually really really smart? Again, demonstrating that conservatives and Republicans are suspicious of learn'n.
And when Republicans come back into power, with their dislike for education and the learned, does that mean that they will actively promote ignorance?
Republican politics? No thanks.
Your comments are laughable.
sun

Longview, WA

#106534 Feb 23, 2013
rose you can say what you want about right wingers and,all the names,but you got to admit theres some real childish liftys on here woundn't name them but i'm not going to start calling them a lot of bad names just can't lower my self down to there level.sorry but i'v had just about all i can take for the timebeing later
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#106535 Feb 23, 2013
Communist Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all Bush's fault.
It goes a little bit further back my friend.

The Constitution 101:

In the Federalist Papers it said: We were not going to have a monarchy, and we were not going to have a democracy.$$$$$$$

And to this day we have neither. For two hundred years we have had an oligarchical system in which men of property can do well (Dumbya Bush), and others are on their own.$$$$$$$

American politics is essentially a family affair, as are most oligarchies. When the father of the Constitution, James Madison, was asked how on earth any business could get done in Congress when the country contained 100 million people whose representatives would number half a thousand, Madison took the line that oligarchy's iron law always obtains: A few people invariably run the show; and keep it, if they can, in the family.$$$$$$$

Our founding fathers had such a fear and loathing of democracy that they invented the Electoral College so that the popular voice of the people could be throttled, much as the Supreme Court throttled the Floridians on December 12, 2000.$$$$$$$

We were to be neither a democracy, subject to majoritarian tyranny, nor a dictatorship, subject to Caesarean folly.$$$$$$$

As American media is controlled by that corporate America which provides us with political candidates a well-informed electorate is not possible.$$$$$$$

=======

Back to the 1880s
This is not the first time that America has looked as if it was about to succumb to what might be termed the British temptation. America witnessed a similar widening of the income gap in the Gilded Age. It also witnessed the formation of a British-style ruling class. The robber barons of the late 19th century sent their children to private boarding schools and made sure that they married the daughters of the old elite, preferably from across the Atlantic. Politics fell into the hands of the members of a limited circle—so much so that the Senate was known as the millionaires' club.
Yet the late 19th and early 20th centuries saw a concerted attempt to prevent America from degenerating into a class-based society. Progressive politicians improved state education. Philanthropists—many of them the robber barons reborn in new guise—tried to provide ladders to help the lads-o'-parts (Andrew Carnegie poured millions into free libraries). Such reforms were motivated partly out of a desire to do good works and partly out of a real fear of the implications of class-based society. Teddy Roosevelt advocated an inheritance tax because he thought that huge inherited fortunes would ruin the character of the republic. James Conant, the president of Harvard in 1933-53, advocated radical educational reform—particularly the transformation of his own university into a meritocracy—in order to prevent America from producing an aristocracy.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#106536 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are laughable.
Are you making fun of his comments? You shouldn't do that. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 184
KKK uses candies, fliers in national recruitmen... 2 hr Cricket 23 4
Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball 2 hr Cricket 23 1
Immigrants hope President Obama will end deport... 2 hr Cricket 23 2
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 2 hr Cricket 23 226
Immigrants fill aging void 3 hr Cricket 23 26
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 7 hr NMx 439
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 hr Freespirit8 135,559
•••
Enter and win $5000