The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404198 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#106540 Feb 23, 2013
Forbes Lists America's 20 'Most Miserable Cities'; Guess What The Vast Majority Have in Common?

By Tom Blumer | February 23, 2013 | 08:58

Forbes just published its 20 Most Miserable Cities List for 2013. The magazine left off several obviously more "worthy" contenders, perhaps because its decisions to include and exclude certain criteria were, to say the least, more than a little odd.

I have listed the magazine's top twenty following the jump, along with each city's mayor and that person's political leanings, showing a commonality the magazine's Kurt Badenhausen failed to observe:

20. Youngstown, Ohio -- Charles P. Sammarone, Democrat
19. Gary, Indiana -- Karen Freeman-Wilson, Democrat
18. Poughkeepsie, New York -- John C. Tkazyik, Republican
17. Cleveland, Ohio -- Frank Jackson, Democrat
16. Atlanta, Georgia -- Kasim Reed, Democrat
15. Atlantic City, New Jersey -- Lorenzo Langford, Democrat
14. Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Tom Barrett, Democrat
13. Camden, New Jersey -- Dana Redd, Democrat
12. St. Louis, Missouri -- Francis Slay, Democrat
11. Toledo, Ohio -- Michael Bell, ran as an independent but is a lifelong Democrat
10. New York, New York -- Michael Bloomberg, Nanny State "Independent" since 2007; Democrat before 2001; ran as a Republican in 2001 just to get a spot on the ballot.
9. Waukegan, Illinois -- Robert G. Sabonjian, Democrat (see first paragraph following this list)
8. Stockton, California -- Anthony Silva, a Republican sworn into office by Democrat and former California Assembly Speaker Willie Brown.
7. Warren, Michigan -- James Fouts, Republican
6. Vallejo, California -- Osby Davis, Not determinable
5. Modesto, California -- Garrad Marsh, "non-partisan," clear Democrat sympathies
4. Chicago, Illinois -- Rahm Emanuel, Democrat
3. Rockford, Illinois -- Larry Morrissey, Independent
2. Flint, Michigan -- Dayne Walling, "nonpartisan," formerly worked for U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee, a Democrat
1. Detroit, Michigan -- Dave Bing, Democrat

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/...
ima

El Paso, TX

#106541 Feb 23, 2013
Communist Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
The sequester is the Republicans fault.
GOOD! THIS KEEPS THE DICTATOR IN CHECK!

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#106542 Feb 23, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Obama in '06: Raising American's debt ceiling "is a sign of leadership failure."
Obama in '13: Not raising the debt ceiling would be "absurd" and "irresponsible."
When BO changes his mind, and he has done so very often, he is evolving, but when a republican changes his/her mind, they are flip-flopping. Has anybody ever truly listened to his rhetoric?
Great post teddy!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106543 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
His only strategy is to lie.
On a internet thread you have shown me and proven so by your actions that lying is your only successful strategy that you seem to be demonstrating at this point in time and it doesn't negate the fact that our president is failing us.
He fears profiling.
He fears the citizen who profiles.
And groups of them that do.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#106544 Feb 23, 2013
I just purchased food from an illegal alien.
LOL! Like you had an option. Hee, hee.
higgans

Avon, IN

#106545 Feb 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't accept tax inequality. Apparently you do. The working class get the shaft. I'm on their side. You kiss azz for the wealthy. I'm not too worried about them.
I paid my dues and earned my retirement. I worked damned hard for many years and raised a family - provided for them. I earned my free time to do as I please these days. I still have a lot of work to do - lots coming right up soon.
I never suggested we should be equal financially. What I do suggest is that the wealthy are not more special than those who work for a salary or a wage, and I resent special tax code that advantages them to the tune of the greatest income inequality and wealth disparity in America since the Great Depression and still growing daily. You're an idiot. Enjoy it. Serve the kings and queens. I'll go my own way. I'm neither ignorant, indolent, lazy or a slacker. I STILL don't like the way it's going in America. I'm a lucky woman who appreciates the opportunities she has had and wants them around for my grandchildren. From what I see, it's getting tougher all the time.
I'm curious (really). Obama opted to pursue HC 'reform' over 'tax inequality' during his first 1/2 years... when he COULD get ANY program done (or, pert near).

in your opinion, WHY did he do that?

think about it... if he would have re-wrote the FIT codes to, say, a flat standard deduction ($40, 50, 60k) and a FLAT tax on ALL income over that deduction, what would that have done to 'revenues'? and FOR the economy?

let's say it would have really jump-started a REAL recovery... HC reforms would have been easy-squeasy. even true single-payer (read that National HC a la Europe). Immigration 'reform', too.

WHY didn't he DO IT? remember, the Party of Tax Breaks For the Wealthy was NOT able to stop HC. I cannot believe that those members of that Party that support either Tax Reform or a Flat Tax would have balked like they did about HC. such a movement would have had REAL BI-partisan support... at least waaaay more than HC.

WHY?

Level 5

Location hidden

#106546 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
The sequester is the Republicans fault.
The White House suggested the sequester — a package of automatic spending cuts that were so horrible they would inspire a bipartisan supercommittee to cut a better deal.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/...

“Proud American”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#106547 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are laughable.
But obviously not refutable by you. That is what is so laughable.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#106548 Feb 23, 2013
Unlike Conservative Media, We Don't 'Make Stuff Up' at MSNBC, Proclaims Ed Schultz

By Jack Coleman | February 23, 2013 | 13:20

Does Ed Schultz ever actually watch the cable network that employs him?

While complaining about crimes against humanity by conservatives in media, Schultz on his radio show this week depicted MSNBC as the principled epitome of accuracy and balance.(audio clip after page break)

Here's Schultz doing this while describing a recent conversation with Peter Boyles, a conservative talker who broadcasts out of Denver.(h/t for audio, Brian Maloney at mrctv.org )--

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/201...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106549 Feb 23, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What's that? The number of brain cells you've burned?
Could be. It's an exceedingly small amount and way less that the number I regenerate in the same time.
I can afford it if that's what it takes to get the point across that our president is failing us. LOL :)

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#106550 Feb 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/us-...
All Liberals want them to stay, get FREE driver licenses without any driving tests.

Get free college tuition.

Get free welfare, Social Security, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Medicare, etc.

All Liberals also want them to have priority for Federal job applications, even over military people.

All Liberals want them to get free and priority housing.

Also ALL Liberals want them to have free healthcare, that is one of the reasons for Obamacare. For tax payers to fund illegal's health care expenses.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106551 Feb 23, 2013
And you hate that.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#106552 Feb 23, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> GOOD! THIS KEEPS THE DICTATOR IN CHECK!

The "dictator" has had his chance:

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George Bush -- Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

Poor teabagger.

Level 5

Location hidden

#106553 Feb 23, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making fun of his comments? You shouldn't do that. lol
I did not refer to him as "uneducated".

Level 5

Location hidden

#106554 Feb 23, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
But obviously not refutable by you. That is what is so laughable.
Too ridiculous to bother refuting sista!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#106555 Feb 23, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
Forbes Lists America's 20 'Most Miserable Cities'; Guess What The Vast Majority Have in Common?
By Tom Blumer | February 23, 2013 | 08:58
Forbes just published its 20 Most Miserable Cities List for 2013. The magazine left off several obviously more "worthy" contenders, perhaps because its decisions to include and exclude certain criteria were, to say the least, more than a little odd.
I have listed the magazine's top twenty following the jump, along with each city's mayor and that person's political leanings, showing a commonality the magazine's Kurt Badenhausen failed to observe:
20. Youngstown, Ohio -- Charles P. Sammarone, Democrat
19. Gary, Indiana -- Karen Freeman-Wilson, Democrat
18. Poughkeepsie, New York -- John C. Tkazyik, Republican
17. Cleveland, Ohio -- Frank Jackson, Democrat
16. Atlanta, Georgia -- Kasim Reed, Democrat
15. Atlantic City, New Jersey -- Lorenzo Langford, Democrat
14. Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Tom Barrett, Democrat
13. Camden, New Jersey -- Dana Redd, Democrat
12. St. Louis, Missouri -- Francis Slay, Democrat
11. Toledo, Ohio -- Michael Bell, ran as an independent but is a lifelong Democrat
10. New York, New York -- Michael Bloomberg, Nanny State "Independent" since 2007; Democrat before 2001; ran as a Republican in 2001 just to get a spot on the ballot.
9. Waukegan, Illinois -- Robert G. Sabonjian, Democrat (see first paragraph following this list)
8. Stockton, California -- Anthony Silva, a Republican sworn into office by Democrat and former California Assembly Speaker Willie Brown.
7. Warren, Michigan -- James Fouts, Republican
6. Vallejo, California -- Osby Davis, Not determinable
5. Modesto, California -- Garrad Marsh, "non-partisan," clear Democrat sympathies
4. Chicago, Illinois -- Rahm Emanuel, Democrat
3. Rockford, Illinois -- Larry Morrissey, Independent
2. Flint, Michigan -- Dayne Walling, "nonpartisan," formerly worked for U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee, a Democrat
1. Detroit, Michigan -- Dave Bing, Democrat
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/...
Do any Republicans live in those cities? I think they're all in the burbs somewhere living in gated communities, or else they're in the rural rural (yeah - twice) areas cooking up meth. Did you somehow think that with there being no Republicans in town, one could get elected? These folks have already been there, done that, and it turned them all into Democrats after they drove the d*mned Republicans out of town for ripping them off repeatedly! Why do you think they're poor and miserable in the first place?

Come to think of it, I think that's now happening on a national scale. That's why the Republican party is hellbent on redistricting:

Texas Redistricting: Federal Court Blocks Legislature-Drawn Maps

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/texa...

SAN ANTONIO — Texas Republican lawmakers discriminated against minority voters while drawing new political boundaries, a federal court ruled Tuesday, rejecting a plan pushed by the state's GOP leaders in a decision that likely comes too late to affect the November elections but is set to reverberate to 2014.

In some cases, black congressional members in Texas had economic drivers such as sporting arenas freshly carved out of their districts, though "no such surgery" was performed on any belonging to white incumbents, according to the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.(cont.)
higgans

Avon, IN

#106556 Feb 23, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Obama in '06: Raising American's debt ceiling "is a sign of leadership failure."
Obama in '13: Not raising the debt ceiling would be "absurd" and "irresponsible."
When BO changes his mind, and he has done so very often, he is evolving, but when a republican changes his/her mind, they are flip-flopping. Has anybody ever truly listened to his rhetoric?
it's called 'Progressive-speak'. what Orwell called 'Double-speak'. what the Nazis and Marxists used repeatedly.

welcome to the Americanized version of Big Brother...
sun

Longview, WA

#106557 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling may not be his forte, but he should not be made fun of.
thank you honey,don't let him bother ya ,he's right can't spell verygood can't type very good ,but can read, an read what he's saying on here,i'v run into lot of guys like him in my life i'm sure he's lacking in some area's have a nice life x

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#106558 Feb 23, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious (really). Obama opted to pursue HC 'reform' over 'tax inequality' during his first 1/2 years... when he COULD get ANY program done (or, pert near).
in your opinion, WHY did he do that?
think about it... if he would have re-wrote the FIT codes to, say, a flat standard deduction ($40, 50, 60k) and a FLAT tax on ALL income over that deduction, what would that have done to 'revenues'? and FOR the economy?
let's say it would have really jump-started a REAL recovery... HC reforms would have been easy-squeasy. even true single-payer (read that National HC a la Europe). Immigration 'reform', too.
WHY didn't he DO IT? remember, the Party of Tax Breaks For the Wealthy was NOT able to stop HC. I cannot believe that those members of that Party that support either Tax Reform or a Flat Tax would have balked like they did about HC. such a movement would have had REAL BI-partisan support... at least waaaay more than HC.
WHY?
I don't know. In fact, my initial complaint about the President is that I thought he got his priorities wrong. I think he should have stayed on the economy longer. JMO

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#106559 Feb 23, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> GOOD! THIS KEEPS THE DICTATOR IN CHECK!
Interesting take regarding this subject.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/obamas-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 2 min Go Blue Forever 8
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 25 min scientia potentia... 608
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 31 min URAmoron 14,854
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 32 min Heart9634 84
News Gov. Scott Signs Bill To Grant In-State Tuition... (Jun '14) 48 min Loose Walls 93
News U of Illinois won't be designated 'sanctuary' f... 48 min Pixy6362 2
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants (Aug '15) 1 hr Herbert Walker 699
More from around the web