The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388277 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#105733 Feb 21, 2013
COPIED FROM ANOTHER POSTER:

If You Have ever Wondered What's Wrong in the United States These days;
READ THIS ONE PRINTED IN THE BEAUFORT N. C. PAPER FROM A "TRUE DEMOCRAT"
THEN WONDER "NO MORE"!!
There are NO words to describe this ... seriously...absoltely none!

ROTF!!!!

(Editor's note: The following Letter to the Editor, published in the Jan. 23 edition, has gone viral on the Web after a reader linked it to a Fox News Facebook page. It had received more than 4,000 comments and been shared more than 12,000 times by Tuesday morning.)

I have brought this here for your enjoyment and some explanations if any. Here is the entire text of the news clipping in article format. I will also post the image.
It is listed under the "More Modern Way Of Living" section.

Beaufort, N.C.
Jan. 17, 2013
TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and "so-called" conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?
We democrats are sick and tired of republicans constantly using the constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else.
Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don't know the exact statistics, but I'm quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead city, when it comes to gun violence.
But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason?
No, Of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the constitution, as if the constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the constitution, I'd say, and president Obama needs to change it.
The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country.
I think all this demonstrates that the constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president.
Right now it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C section. But because the constitution was written a hundred years ago nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way.
Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that's just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.
Please withhold my name because I don't want to get crank calls.
PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT.

There are several sources, here's one:

WARNING! PUT DOWN THE COFFEE BEFORE READING THIS ARTICLE!
http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/topics/how-sm...
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#105735 Feb 21, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
<quoted text>
It is level for everyone! It has been put into the Constitution & Declaration of Independence THAT way. The problem IS ... there are SOME who will continue to bicker and WHINE about not getting their way, therefore causing strife between the party's. Blacks have been EQUAL since the abolishment of slavery.
Just that some people have not seen it that way, and CONTINUE causing TROUBLE!!! Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are two of the WORST! imho
Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.".
http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/docum...
13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865)
http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php...
Letter from Jackie Robinson to
President Dwight D. Eisenhower,
May 13, 1958
Robinson responded to Presidential civil rights comments amid continuing controversy over school desegregation efforts in Little Rock, AR, and the South. In September 1957, Governor Orval Faubus had ordered the Arkansas National Guard to prevent entry of nine African American students into that city's Central High School. President Eisenhower reluctantly sent U.S. troops to enforce the school's integration. From his position as a prominent executive of the Chock Full o'Nuts Corporation, Robinson continued his advocacy of social justice.(National Archives and Records Administration, Dwight D. Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KS)
View Letter Pages: 1 | 2
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured_doc...
Page 1 and 2 of Jackie's letter!
Amazing what a little 'research' and using Google will DO for you!
If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the need for Affirmative Action? Anti-discrimination laws (color and gender)? Laws prohibiting same sex marriage?

If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the numerous successful lawsuits brought against individuals and organizations that have denied individuals access to opportunities (e.g., denial of promotions despite equal or better qualifications)?

If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain our history which says otherwise?

We have a stacked deck and it's stacked in favor of the white male power structure. They have, over 200 years, created a system woven into the fabric of our society that supports their ideas, politics, morals and beliefs. It's the power to exclude. The power to exclude gives meaning to their lives. By compelling inclusion violates everything they have come to believe they are entitled to.

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#105736 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Medicare Fraud Strike Force Charges 91 Individuals for Approximately $430 Million in False Billing
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/October/12...
democrats?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#105737 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost Of Sequestration: 700,000 Jobs May Be Lost From Across-The-Board Budget Cuts Through 2014, GDP Growth May Slow: Report
http://www.ibtimes.com/cost-sequestration-700...
Sequestration, or the across-the-board cuts to discretionary spending that are programmed to automatically kick in on March 1 if Congress and President Obama don't agree on how to avoid the cuts, will create significant head winds for growth through next year, according to Macroeconomic Advisers, LLC. The St. Louis-based economic analysis firm estimates that unemployment will shrink from the current 7.90 percent to 7.4 percent by the end of 2014, but the automatic budget cuts (as they stand now) would shave a quarter percent off that growth as government spending -- including for private sector contracts and military personnel -- would be curtailed. That could translate to 700,000 jobs lost (including reductions in the armed forces) and the possibility that higher unemployment "would linger for several years," according to the report.(cont.)
But yet your boy suggested/agreed to it and signed it into law.. Now tell me I am lying.. He owns it and nobody else does..

Eagle

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#105738 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I did was point out that nearly every other polling organization in the country is saying the exact opposite of what you're stand alone online survey says.
A clear majority of Americans support some sort of legal status for those currently in the country illegally and there is little support for deportation.
Ignore reality and only listen to those that tell you what you want to hear and you will be as surprised and disappointed with the results of immigration reform as you were with the results of the 2012 election.
Did I make that clear enough or are you still confused?
You appear to be confused:

#
Poll: Majority of Americans Want Illegal Immigrants Deported - By ...
www.nationalreview.com/.../poll-majority-amer...
5 hours ago ... The survey results show that 53 percent of Americans want all or most illegal
immigrants to be deported.While 30 percent of ...
#
Majority of Americans want illegals deported
www.wnd.com/.../majority-of-americans-want-il... ...- Cached
4 hours ago ... INVASION USA. Majority of Americans want illegals deported. Survey shows
resistance to easing immigration laws. Published: 6 hours ago ...
#
Reuters poll: Majority of Americans want most illegal immigrants ...
hotair.com/.../reuters-poll-majority-of-ameri...
2 hours ago ... Reuters poll: Majority of Americans want most illegal immigrants ..... of dollars,
most, together are sending billions back home every year, and ...
#
The Majority of Americans Want Illegals Deported… Dear Leader ...
theconservativetreehouse.com/.../the-majority... - Cached
18 hours ago ... 9 Responses to The Majority of Americans Want Illegals Deported… Dear Leader
... They also send almost all of their pay to family back home.
#
Are illegal immigrants harming America
wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_illegal_immigrants_har... - Cached - Similar
AND IF U WANT ILLEGALS TO STOP CROSSING BUILD BETTER FENCES!...
while the majority of Americans are sitting at home watching t.v. on welfare! what,
just because theyre ... The need jobs and they can send money to their families.
#
Staggering Cost Of Illegal Aliens In America
rense.com/general81/dtli.htm - Cached
Illegal alien migration into the United States costs American taxpayers $346
billion ... that same Congress imports 182,000 legal immigrant monthly who need
jobs.... Both legal and illegal immigrants send $80 billion back to their home ...

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#105739 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did. And, I did some more research as well. The Republican appointed judge chastised the prosecutor because he didn't tell the criminal that he still had some whistle blowers working at the company reporting that the criminal was still stealing money from medicare.
The company officials knew they had been investigated and that they had been caught red handed and they were negotiating with the prosecution over reimbursement. The company officials didn't know that they had employees still working for the prosecution who were reporting that the company officials were still ripping off medicare.
Its America don't everyone have a right to know who their accusers are?? Ya know transparency?? Oh thats right you dems only believe in it when its for your side..

Eagle

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#105740 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
By
Jake Miller /
CBS News/ February 21, 2013
Poll: 40% say let the looming budget cuts happen
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57570484/...
Despite dire predictions from some about the harmful impact of the "sequester" spending cuts due to kick in on March 1, 29 percent of Americans have never heard of the sequester, and a full 40 percent of Americans believe we should allow the cuts to go into effect, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center.
Forty-nine percent of Americans, on the other hand, believe we should delay the automatic spending cuts. But if the cuts do land, congressional Republicans would shoulder a far greater share of the blame than President Obama: only 31 percent would blame the president, while 49 percent would blame the GOP in Congress.(cont.)
Surely you realize Obama is lying, don't you?

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#105741 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet your boy suggested/agreed to it and signed it into law.. Now tell me I am lying.. He owns it and nobody else does..
Eagle
Naw. I already posted the poll that shows the majority of the public pikked doesn't put it on him. They put it on Republicans. Try to keep up.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#105742 Feb 21, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
Sorry! Some of "you" may not know who Jackie Robinson IS!
He's the FIRST Black PRO baseball player
"Jackie Robinson: the First African-American
Professional Baseball Player" ...
http://esllisten.blogspot.com/2010/07/jackie-...
He did NOT "give up" like most DO(woe is ME), he kept at IT, persevered and BECAME famous for it!
He most definitely HAS my respect, whereas the 'alien' does NOT!
Proves my point that the playing field isn't level. Were Robinson white, with his talents, he would have easily been able to join a major league baseball team. He would never have had encounter the obstacles that he did. It would not have been necessary for him to preserve at trying to join.

A more recent example is Obama. Were he white, with his abilities and credentials, he would never have needed to overcome the additional obstacles of racism and alleged foreign birth.

A future example will be a Hillary Clinton, should she choose to run for president.

It's not unusual for minorities and women to be more talented and/or better qualified than their white counterpart just to be considered "equal."

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#105743 Feb 21, 2013
LOL - fingers on keyboard wrong place!..... polled

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#105744 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you realize you're delusional, don't you?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#105745 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Naw. I already posted the poll that shows the majority of the public pikked doesn't put it on him. They put it on Republicans. Try to keep up.
Polls don't mean sh!t.. Facts are the facts.. Don't cry now since your boy signed it into law.. But you like them always wanna blame someone else for your and their failures.. Go figure..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#105746 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be confused:
#
Poll: Majority of Americans Want Illegal Immigrants Deported - By ...
www.nationalreview.com/.../poll-majority-amer...
5 hours ago ... The survey results show that 53 percent of Americans want all or most illegal
immigrants to be deported.While 30 percent of ...
#
Majority of Americans want illegals deported
www.wnd.com/.../majority-of-americans-want-il... ...- Cached
4 hours ago ... INVASION USA. Majority of Americans want illegals deported. Survey shows
resistance to easing immigration laws. Published: 6 hours ago ...
#
Reuters poll: Majority of Americans want most illegal immigrants ...
hotair.com/.../reuters-poll-majority-of-ameri...
2 hours ago ... Reuters poll: Majority of Americans want most illegal immigrants ..... of dollars,
most, together are sending billions back home every year, and ...
#
The Majority of Americans Want Illegals Deported… Dear Leader ...
theconservativetreehouse.com/.../the-majority... - Cached
18 hours ago ... 9 Responses to The Majority of Americans Want Illegals Deported… Dear Leader
... They also send almost all of their pay to family back home.
#
Are illegal immigrants harming America
wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_illegal_immigrants_har... - Cached - Similar
AND IF U WANT ILLEGALS TO STOP CROSSING BUILD BETTER FENCES!...
while the majority of Americans are sitting at home watching t.v. on welfare! what,
just because theyre ... The need jobs and they can send money to their families.
#
Staggering Cost Of Illegal Aliens In America
rense.com/general81/dtli.htm - Cached
Illegal alien migration into the United States costs American taxpayers $346
billion ... that same Congress imports 182,000 legal immigrant monthly who need
jobs.... Both legal and illegal immigrants send $80 billion back to their home ...
It's Republicans who don't mind making this batch legal - just so long as they get some more cheap labor in the process via a great big old guest worker program attached to the bill before they'll agree to it. Hummmmm.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105747 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems as blind as Rose and Jax to me.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#105748 Feb 21, 2013
Rico the Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
You must cause you keep answering. I dont know anything about you. I just noticed how every post you do is nasty and is never about any of the topics. I am just making a point. You do criticize people all of the time.
LOL! You have no point to make about me. It's not your place to pass judgment on me in the first place.

And I've told you at several times now that I'm replying to posts that are critical, mean, nasty, hateful the majority of the time. And that is my right. YOu seem to have a particular problem with me for some reason, yet you completely ignore the vulgar, vicious and hateful posts from others and other posters being off topic.

I suggest you read someone else's posts and stop obsessing over mine. You are being just as critical as you are accusing me, and I haven't seen you post on topic yet.

You're right. You don't know anything about me, so stop seeking my attention and hassling me.
Gus007

Fayetteville, NY

#105749 Feb 21, 2013
Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/201...

Obama warns looming sequester would devastate economy....

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/19...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#105750 Feb 21, 2013
White Guys Hire Illegals wrote:
The only reason you all hate Rose is becuase you're prejudices against negroes.
What?? Is everyone on drugs around here?

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#105751 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its America don't everyone have a right to know who their accusers are?? Ya know transparency?? Oh thats right you dems only believe in it when its for your side..
Eagle
Once you accuse someone you have to make your case. That doesn't mean you have to stop your investigation.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#105752 Feb 21, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the need for Affirmative Action? Anti-discrimination laws (color and gender)? Laws prohibiting same sex marriage?
If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the numerous successful lawsuits brought against individuals and organizations that have denied individuals access to opportunities (e.g., denial of promotions despite equal or better qualifications)?
If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain our history which says otherwise?
We have a stacked deck and it's stacked in favor of the white male power structure. They have, over 200 years, created a system woven into the fabric of our society that supports their ideas, politics, morals and beliefs. It's the power to exclude. The power to exclude gives meaning to their lives. By compelling inclusion violates everything they have come to believe they are entitled to.
If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the need for Affirmative Action?... WHINING!

Anti-discrimination laws (color and gender)?... Whining BUT not as bad! Gender HAS a reason, somewhat!

Laws prohibiting same sex marriage?... AGAINST the laws of Nature & God!

If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain the numerous successful lawsuits brought against individuals and organizations that have denied individuals access to opportunities (e.g., denial of promotions despite equal or better qualifications)?... Greedy and WHINING lawyers preying on the minds and hearts of numerous Christians who don't KNOW their Constitution!

If it is level for everyone, how then do you explain our history which says otherwise?... AGAIN ... WHINING!

We have a stacked deck and it's stacked in favor of the white male power structure... Some whining over a A patriarchal system of "it's a man's World" ... and they DO take care of a lot of US! There IS where the gender TERM comes in, and have reason to "whine" discrimination.

It's the power to exclude. The power to exclude gives meaning to their lives. By compelling inclusion violates everything they have come to believe they are entitled to... Ask Susan B. Anthony about THAT!... and ALL the other suffragettes!
----------

Biography of Susan B. Anthony
Susan B. Anthony was born February 15, 1820 in Adams, Massachusetts.

Ignoring opposition and abuse, Anthony traveled, lectured, and canvassed across the nation for the vote. She also campaigned for the abolition of slavery, the right for women to own their own property and retain their earnings, and she advocated for women's labor organizations. In 1900, Anthony persuaded the University of Rochester to admit women.
http://susanbanthonyhouse.org/her-story/biogr...

horrible histories The suffragette's song

David Bowie - Suffragette City
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"Jet" by Paul McCartney & Wings lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ataur gazi

Fresh Meadows, NY

#105753 Feb 21, 2013
Immigration reform give lots of people family together. Give them good future . I extremely support immigration reform.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's 'unlimited' wealth may not be enough to... 3 min Ronald 87
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 11 min Ismail 809
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 16 min KIP 301
News Obama blamed for immigration influx (Jul '14) 18 min nanoanomaly 196
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 31
News The Latest: Obama: Mexican Americans help shape US 1 hr davy 1
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Democrat Hero 6,654
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr jimmy krack korn 141,589
More from around the web