The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388515 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105575 Feb 21, 2013
positronium wrote:
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/us -...
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
That "poll" was an "online survey" that is very much out of line with all the other polling out there.
Most polls are showing support for some sort of legal status, including a path to citizenship, with very little support for deportation.
CBS News Poll.(Feb. 6-10, 2013)
53% say illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay and apply for citizenship
21% allowed to stay as guest workers
17% forced to leave the country
----------
Quinnipiac University (Jan. 30-Feb. 4, 2013)
56% stay and apply for citizenship[
10% stay without citizenship
30% required to leave
----------
ABC News/Washington Post Poll (Jan. 30-Feb. 3, 2013)
55% support path to citizenship
41% oppose
----------
Gallup Poll (Jan. 30-31, 2013)
Allow to stay as legal residents or become citizens
72% support
25% oppose
----------
Fox News Poll (Jan. 15-17, 2013)
66% apply for citizenship
13% stay as guest worers
17% send back to home country
----------
AP-GfK Poll (Jan. 10-14, 2013)
"Do you favor or oppose providing a legal way for illegal immigrants already in the United States to become U.S. citizens?"
62% favor
25% oppose
----------
http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm
What is wrong with an online survey? Show me an online survey that says the opposite. "Majority of U.S. citizens say"
What does say mean?

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#105576 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them probably consider this jerk a hero...
Executive Charged With Slapping Toddler on Plane Gets Slapped With Pink Slip
...Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, is no longer employed by AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group...
...Bennett, who was seated in row 28 alongside Hundley, told FBI agents that she tried to get her son to stop crying when Hundley "told her to shut that ['N word'] baby up..."
...The 33-year-old mother then says Hundley slapped her son in the face.
http://gma.yahoo.com/executive-accused-slappi...
Why would you believe any of us would consider this "jerk a hero"?

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#105577 Feb 21, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>I rest MY point! Wonder why it IS divided?
That's an easy one.

First of all, we aren't as divided as someone seeing the world from your perspective thinks we are.

The division that does exist is extreme because too many far right wing (white) people can't accept that America is changing and they would rather bring the whole thing down on all of us than deal with the fact that they aren't going to have things their way.

:)

Level 6

Location hidden

#105578 Feb 21, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
We anti-progressives hate THE FACT that our elected leaders have pilfered Social Security, a "social safety net" that WE, the working citizens of the United States, have paid for.
It WAS a financially sound program until Congress pilfered BILLIONS of dollars away to pay for THEIR outrageous entitlement programs.
You know, the programs that hand money to people who never paid one cent into them?
"We anti-progressives hate"

You could have stopped right there and made the same point.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105579 Feb 21, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is worse than that for Rose. She was completley gone or lost long ago! Sad really!
Yeah I guess so.

Level 6

Location hidden

#105580 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you were even posting when I made that post so you probably weren't one of the people I was talking about, unless you want to include yourself in that small group on here that call children who are not pure Caucasian racial slurs.

You're looking for a fight in the wrong place and including yourself in a group of people that I would have assumed you would rather not associate with.

My mistake.

BTW...several of the profiles being used to spread hate, personal attacks and racial prejudice when I made that post were banned shortly after and their posts were taken down. I didn't say anything at the time, but they are on "your side" of the political spectrum and they are gone.

It's a good thing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105581 Feb 21, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! That was a good joke Weirdo!
There is dysfunctionalization going on by those who are thinking critically, I think.... Don't succumb. LOL

Level 5

Location hidden

#105582 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the average spending increases per year in raw dollars (not adjusted for inflation) in descending order by president:
President
Fiscal year baseline
Last fiscal year
Average percentage increase per year
Carter 1977 1981 16.4
Nixon 1969 1975 13.5
Johnson 1964 1969 11.0
George W. Bush 2001 2009 10.2
Reagan 1981 1989 8.6
Kennedy 1961 1964 7.1
George H.W. Bush 1989 1993 5.8
Clinton 1993 2001 4.0
Eisenhower 1953 1961 3.6
Obama 2009 2013 1.4
So, using raw dollars, Obama did oversee the lowest annual increases in spending of any president in 60 years.(cont.)
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Would you like to apologize now, or are you incapable of dealing appropriately with facts? A simple "mea culpa" would be sufficient.
In FY2009, Congress did not complete work by September 30, 2008. President Bush did sign some appropriations bills and a continuing resolution to keep the government running into President Obama’s first term, yet a Democrat controlled Congress purposely held off on the big spending portions of the appropriations bills until Obama took office. They did so for the purposes of jacking up spending. President Obama signed the final FY2009 spending bills on March 11, 2009.

President Bush signed only three of the twelve appropriations bills for FY 2009: Defense; Military Construction/Veterans Affairs; and, Homeland Security. President Bush also signed a continuing resolution that kept the government running until March 6, 2009 that level of funding the remaining nine appropriations bills at FY 2008 levels. President Bush and his spending should only be judged on these three appropriations bills and FY 2008 levels of funding for the remaining nine appropriations bills. Bush never consented to the dramatic increase in spending for FY 2009 and he should not be blamed for that spending spree.

So how can Nutting attribute spending to President Bush that he expressly vowed to veto? Also, some of the mandatory spending has been wrongly attributed to President Bush in Nutting’s analysis. Finally, TARP spending under Bush and the recovery of TARP money under Obama further distorts these numbers.

This is unethical and fuzzy math. The Truth-O-Meter may want to consider these facts when further analyzing the complications and distortions in analysis used by Nutting to argue that Obama is more fiscally responsible than his predecessors.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/05/24/the-truth...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#105583 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
William Jefferson Clinton- Impeached by the House of Representatives over allegations of perjury and obstruction of justice, but acquitted by the Senate. Scandals include Whitewater - Travelgate Gennifer Flowersgate - Filegate - Vince Fostergate - Whitewater Billing Recordsgate - Paula Jonesgate- Lincoln Bedroomgate - Donations from Convicted Drug and Weapons Dealersgate - Lippogate - Chinagate - The Lewinsky Affair - Perjury and Jobs for Lewinskygate - Kathleen Willeygate - Web Hubbell Prison Phone Callgate - Selling Military Technology to the Chinesegate - Jaunita Broaddrick Gate - Lootergate - Pardongate
Edward Moore Kennedy - Democrat - U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.
Barney Frank - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1981 to present. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman's Washington apartment for prostitution. A move to expel Frank from the House of Representatives failed and a motion to censure him failed.
DNC - The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election Commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.
http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm
X-Man wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Many of the conservatives on this thread have repeatedly taken a stance that they are morally superior. This is hypocritical and more importantly not true.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Level 8

Location hidden

#105584 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandy Berger - Democrat - National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger fined $50,000 for illegally removing highly classified documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.
Robert Torricelli - Democrat - Withdrew from the 2002 Senate race with less than 30 days before the election because of controversy over personal gifts he took from a major campaign donor and questions about campaign donations from 1996.
James McGreevey - Democrat - New Jersey Governor . Admitted to having a gay affair. Resigned after allegations of sexual harassment, rumors of being blackmailed on top of fundraising investigations and indictments.
Jesse Jackson - Democrat - Democratic candidate for President. Admitted to having an extramarital affair and fathering a illegitimate child.
Gary Condit - Democrat - US Democratic Congressman from California. Condit had an affair with an intern. Condit, covered up the affair and lied to police after she went missing. No charges were ever filed against Condit. Her remains were discovered in a Washington DC park..
Eliot Spitzer- Democrat - New York governor - resigned from office after being tied to a prostitution ring.
Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde - Democrat - the son of newly elected U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, was booked on charges of criminal damage to property for allegedly slashing tires on 20 vans and cars rented by the Republican Party for use in Election Day voter turnout efforts.
X-Man wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Many of the conservatives on this thread have repeatedly taken a stance that they are morally superior. This is hypocritical and more importantly not true.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#105585 Feb 21, 2013
Anybody else snowed in today?

Level 8

Location hidden

#105586 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel David Rostenkowski - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1959 to 1995. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.
Melvin Jay Reynolds - Democrat U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1993 to 1995. Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.
Wayne Bryant - Democrat NJ state senator- was convicted was found guilty on all 12 counts against him including bribery and pension fraud.
Charles Coles Diggs, Jr.- Democrat - U.S. Representative from Michigan from 1955 to 1980. Convicted on eleven counts of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms- sentenced to three years in prison.
George Rogers - Democrat - Massachusetts State House of Representatives from 1965 to 1970. M000ember of Massachusetts State Senate from 1975 to 1978. Convicted of bribery in 1978 and sentenced to two years in prison.
Don Siegelman - Democrat Governor Alabama - indicted in a bid-rigging scheme involving a maternity-care program. The charges accused Siegelman and his former chief of staff of helping Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo rig bids. Siegelman was accused of moving $550,000 from the state education budget to the State Fire College in Tuscaloosa so Bobo could use the money to pay off a competitor for a state contract for maternity care.
John Murtha, Jr.- Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting, in which FBI agents impersonating Arab businessmen offered bribes to political figures; Murtha was cited as an unindicted co-conspirator.
Otto Kerner - Democrat governor of Illinois from 1961 to 1968 was jailed after the manager of two horse-racing tracks admitted to bribing the then- governor; charges were filed after Kerner left office he was convicted in 1973.
Dan Walker - Democrat governor of Illinois from1973 to 1977 served less than two years of a seven-year sentence for receiving improper loans a decade after leaving office.
X-Man wrote:

Level 6

Location hidden

#105587 Feb 21, 2013
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/us-... text>What is wrong with an online survey? Show me an online survey that says the opposite. "Majority of U.S. citizens say"
What does say mean?
You go ahead and cling to that one online survey Posit. it's all you've got.

Refuse to see the truth and refuse to be part of a workable solution and we'll end up with a mass amnesty an a path toward citizenship and just like I tried to warn you before the 2012 election that the "anybody but Obama" mantra was a mistake I'll blame you and people like you for this lost opportunity too.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105588 Feb 21, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Agree "posi"....the guilty are those who cast the vote saying yes! Things and minds are being made, forcing the waking up to reality! I was down in Austin earlier this week.......very favorable things going on in legislation!
Also, I saw a car that drives without a human behind the wheel- being demonstrated! Amazing what our line or field(former for me) can produce, that make this possible!
It's amazing what is coming..... If our hands were untied.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105589 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them probably consider this jerk a hero...
Executive Charged With Slapping Toddler on Plane Gets Slapped With Pink Slip
...Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, is no longer employed by AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group...
...Bennett, who was seated in row 28 alongside Hundley, told FBI agents that she tried to get her son to stop crying when Hundley "told her to shut that ['N word'] baby up..."
...The 33-year-old mother then says Hundley slapped her son in the face.
http://gma.yahoo.com/executive-accused-slappi ...
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering the same thing.

Level 6

Location hidden

#105590 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Anybody else snowed in today?
Not here, but we're expecting freezing rain this afternoon and tonight.

Supposed to get into the 50's tomorrow though so it won't last long.

I've already got a bad case of cabin fever this winter. One more round of being snowed in and I'll probably end up on the evening news.

;)

Level 5

Location hidden

#105591 Feb 21, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, implementing the current level of security before 9/11, would have been sufficient.
And they did close all the airports for a bit. The only exception was to let the Saudis out, while American citizens were stuck in foreign countries, not able to return.
Operatives connected to Bin Laden, one reported on June 29, expected the planned near-term attacks to have “dramatic consequences,” including major casualties. On July 1, the brief stated that the operation had been delayed, but “will occur soon.” Some of the briefs again reminded Mr. Bush that the attack timing was flexible, and that, despite any perceived delay, the planned assault was on track.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the... ;
----------

Point is they did not know what would happen or where. An attack of "dramatic consequences" tells us what? Bombs in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, New York City, Miami, New Orleans, Houston? How do you prepare for an attack which could occur anywhere, any time, by any method?

Obama failed to protect our Americans in Benghazi. They knew the location and the anniversary of 9/11 was a very likely date.
whatthey

Austin, TX

#105592 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy one.
First of all, we aren't as divided as someone seeing the world from your perspective thinks we are.
The division that does exist is extreme because too many far right wing (white) people can't accept that America is changing and they would rather bring the whole thing down on all of us than deal with the fact that they aren't going to have things their way.
..."that's an easy one." Nice try buddy!

Hey, Jax "first of all", the house divided judgement was not my perspective! That call was made from YOUR side in thinking And a biblical quote was brought into the conversation in a VERY dangerous manner for a so called christian to do in that judging! You should not judge others BEFORE first judging yourself! See the post above in a reply where I referred to THAT quote and how it WAS misrepresented!

Now you have a most wonderful day, sir!
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#105594 Feb 21, 2013
sorry...whatthehey not whatthey! posting from my i-pad today!

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#105595 Feb 21, 2013
sun wrote:
<quoted text>adolf would not respect neutral he new only one thing take,
good thing he lost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 18,000 Illegal Aliens Caught in 5 Months - In S... 8 min spud 30
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 14 min Brian_G 6,700
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 30 min lides 1,006
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 33 min Tinka 141,616
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 43 min Go Blue Forever 34
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 hr Crystal_Clear722 3,674
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 5 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 17
More from around the web