The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393236 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#105116 Feb 19, 2013
Conservative columnist resigns after Kentucky paper refuses to run op-ed on publication’s liberal bias

2/18/2013 - The lone conservative columnist at the largest and most influential newspaper in Kentucky says he quit writing for the paper because editors are refusing to publish his opinion piece calling the publication out for its apparent liberal bias.

Columnist John David Dyche told The Daily Caller Monday that he’s written for the Louisville Courier-Journal for about a decade and his column had never been rejected until last week.

Dyche says he quit after Pam Platt, the paper’s editorial page editor, left him a voicemail on Feb. 11 making it clear they wouldn’t run his piece about the paper’s politics.
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#105117 Feb 19, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And here comes the other idiot. My son is not gay for one thing, but you're an ass and a coward. Just one more example of the ignorance and cowardliness of the extreme far right here.
They spoof when you're hitting hard and being effective. They're too cowardly to face the truth.
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#105118 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Frito.
That's a spoof too. The idiot is trying to deflect in the opposite direction to disorient us. Don't worry, I'll call out the spoofs as best as possible.

Level 1

Location hidden

#105119 Feb 19, 2013
21 Blatant Lies Obama has Told you Directly to your Face (with video)

http://www.endalldisease.com/obama-lies/

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#105120 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
As I suspected, ignorant lying libs don't know wtf they're babbling about:
World War I Ended With the Treaty of Versailles
June 28, 1919
The Treaty of Versailles imposed very rigid restrictions against Germany, including limiting its army to 100,000 members. President Wilson, who opposed the treaty, had developed his own form of reconciliation, called the "Fourteen Points." The Points included a provision for a League of Nations to prevent "the crime of war." Wilson also wanted all terms of settlement to be openly negotiated. But the actual terms of the treaty included secret arrangements for distribution of conquered German territories among the Allied Nations. Many historians believe these terms eventually led to World War II.
Says nothing about disarming the people, only the military being reduced.
You're an idiot....
----------

Restrictions imposed by the treaty of Versailles

In 1919 and 1920, to stabilize the country and in part to comply with the Treaty of Versailles, the German Weimar government passed very strict gun ownership restrictions. Article 169 of the Treaty of Versailles stated, "Within two months from the coming into force of the present Treaty, German arms, munitions, and war material, including anti-aircraft material, existing in Germany in excess of the quantities allowed, must be surrendered to the Governments of the Principal Allied and Associated Powers to be destroyed or rendered useless."[1]

In 1919, the German government passed the Regulations on Weapons Ownership, which declared that "all firearms, as well as all kinds of firearms ammunition, are to be surrendered immediately."[2] Under the regulations, anyone found in possession of a firearm or ammunition was subject to five years' imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 marks.

On August 7, 1920, the German government enacted a second gun-regulation law called the Law on the Disarmament of the People. It put into effect the provisions of the Versailles Treaty in regard to the limit on military-type weapons...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_...
----------

In order to comply with the treaty of Versailles, the German Government was required to disarm the populace.

The Nazi's did not take the guns away from the German people. The Wiemar Government did that at the end of World War One to comply with the terms of the treaty of Versailles.

Hitler restored and expanded the rights of the German people to own guns.

Just because you're not smart enough to interpret the Treaty does not change the historical facts.

Level 1

Location hidden

#105121 Feb 19, 2013
The Left's War On Women

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”- Rep. Joe Salazar (D-CO)

Level 1

Location hidden

#105122 Feb 19, 2013
This is NOT a joke.

[T]he “Department of Public Safety” at the University of Colorado Springs has some advice for its students as to how they might protect themselves:

*Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.

*Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.

*Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.

*Don’t take time to look back; just get away.

*If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

*Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.

*Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

*Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

*Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

*Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/340960/u...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#105124 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, defective bean picker, whether they were gun toters is irrelevant, what mattered is the fact Hitler took whatever guns they may have had when they could have used them the most.
I just proved idiots like you know nothing about the terms of surrender were after WWI.
Now, you go read a book, dikwad.
Actually, I just proved that you know nothing about the subject.

When Hitler came into power, the guns had already been taken away from the people of Germany by the previous government as per the requirements of the Treaty of Versailles.

Hitler restored the right of German citizens to own guns, but declared that the Jews were not German citizens.

The Nazi persecution of the Jews had the full support of the vast majority of the German people.

Even if the Jewish people in Germany had been armed the backlash against any armed resistance would have certainly resulted in even more Jewish deaths.

Surely to God you're not foolish enough to believe that armed resistance was an option for the Jewish minority...are you?
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#105125 Feb 19, 2013
Detective Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoof.... Don't hate me because I'm gay, Here Is One?
You are Here Is One, like I'm the real Frito, spoof wad! What's the matter, not getting enough pooper action, so you have to make up gay posters to respond to?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#105126 Feb 19, 2013
Detective Frito wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a spoof too. The idiot is trying to deflect in the opposite direction to disorient us. Don't worry, I'll call out the spoofs as best as possible.
Yeah I figured that. I was humoring him, or is it you? Are you him? Is he you? Screw it. LOL!

Level 9

Martinez, CA

#105127 Feb 19, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
You morons need to read something besides Mother Jones.
You need to read something besides Mother Goose.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#105131 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah I figured that. I was humoring him, or is it you? Are you him? Is he you? Screw it. LOL!
Don't You Worry Child ~ Swedish House Mafia \ John Martin
http://youtu.be/r1MN4pR5wXMn

Level 1

Location hidden

#105132 Feb 19, 2013
Labor unions that pushed Obamacare through want out

Who knew Obamacare was bad for workers? Unions, or rather the professional class of union leaders, were vehement supporters of Obamacare’s federal takeover of health care. Now that they’ve had a chance to actually read the 2,801-page bill and “find out what is in it,” they are upset and want out.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/...

Level 1

Location hidden

#105133 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 21?
Hmmm...good point. Maybe the article is from 2007?
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#105136 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an imbecile who has no reading comprehension abilities. I proved you and your ilk to be ignorant liars.
Provide a link or STFU!
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#105138 Feb 19, 2013
Detective Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Sounds like your rump caught up with you and you're both in harmony, simultaneously spewing crap all over the forum. Do you and your rump share the same Thunderbird bottle?
Is that you, Quirky?

Level 9

Martinez, CA

#105139 Feb 19, 2013
DJ ICE XIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't You Worry Child ~ Swedish House Mafia \ John Martin
http://youtu.be/r1MN4pR5wXMn
Nice, DJ. Love it.

Level 9

Martinez, CA

#105141 Feb 19, 2013
Detective Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Sounds like your rump caught up with you and you're both in harmony, simultaneously spewing crap all over the forum. Do you and your rump share the same Thunderbird bottle?
Sounds like you're an idiot. Oh well.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#105142 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an imbecile who has no reading comprehension abilities. I proved you and your ilk to be ignorant liars.
LMAO!

No, you didn't. You got embarrassed AGAIN! So funny.
see the light

United States

#105145 Feb 19, 2013
Someone is just now realizing he's failed? He's accomplishing what he wants and that is to destroy America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Is He or Is he not 7,486
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 37 min spud 2
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr spud 82
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr Jeff Brightone 13
News George Soros: Dark Lord Sowing Chaos Around the... 5 hr spud 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr Just Slim 142,205
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 7 hr abc 10,956
More from around the web