The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404351 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#104608 Feb 18, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!!! run along lady you have been tried and found wanting....back to your street corner and begging for crack.
LOL

And finally, as a last resort, you pathetically change posts for a cheap attempt to insult.

You lose, troll. ;)

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#104609 Feb 18, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of how it goes when you're traveling. Or when the atmosphere is filled with static, especially during a hurricane.
What can I say???? She is obsessed with me.

I travel a great deal and have wireless internet. The only one I do not understand is the one in California. I haven't been there for years, but I don't understand why she care. LMAO!!!!

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#104610 Feb 18, 2013
positronium wrote:
Obamaville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xEYFFiEnUjQXX
American Dream ~ Little Caesar
http://youtu.be/CHPZWYCbX9c

Level 1

Location hidden

#104612 Feb 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What was your point? Your point seemed to be that Obama enjoys "lavish" vacations at taxpayer expense while his predecessor spent his vacations at "the ranch". Did I miss something? George LOVED the ranch.
I suppose you're going to feign surprise and claim no knowledge of the this administration's use of class warfare - its constant demonizing of the wealthy and how we all need to sacrifice and 'tighten our belts'.

Bush has nothing to do with this discussion as the frequency of the Obama's vacations is not the point. The blatant lavishness of them IS. Maybe you don't mind their 'Let them eat cake' hypocrisy, but millions of struggling Americans do.

WageClassWar.org (WCW) was launched on November 15, 2012 as a project of the Campaign for America's Future (CAF). As articulated by CAF co-founder Robert Borosage, WCW's mission is to protect the interests of middle class people who are “besieged” by “America’s extreme inequality and rigged [economic] system” and are “looking for champions” to stand up for them.

Toward this end, WCW supports progressive Democratic political candidates and openly advises them to engage in “class war” in order “to win the who’s-side-are-you-on battle” in the eyes of the voting public. The surest way to achieve this goal, says WCW, is to constantly emphasize “the reality that the wealthy and special corporate interests [are] rigging the rules to benefit themselves, while the middle class [is] getting crushed.”

According to WCW, the Occupy Wall Street movement—through its ceaseless repetition of slogans about “the 99%,”“the 1%,”“inequality,” and the evils of “Wall Street”—“brought this reality to national attention and demonstrated widespread American sympathy for its analysis.”

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#104613 Feb 18, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure ARE worried about me sweetheart! No one would go to the trouble you have unless they were worried about something.
Why do you care?? I am in Florida right now. We travel! We stayed in Georgia driving from Kentucky to Florida! I am going to be in Orlando and Ocala in a few weeks. I am heading back to Kentucky the first of April. I am visiting family in Ohio. I am visiting family in Arizona. I am going to a baseball tournament in South Carolina. I am going to Vegas with friends. Do you want my weekly schedule???? Are you obsessed?????
Keep digging! I could care less! I know who and what I am. You obviously do not. You are just evil and vengeful. Go take some medication!!!!
I just thought it was incumbent on me to make sure you know how and why it is that all of your phoney baloney protests of how mean and evil I am don't add up at all where you're concerned. You deserved to be reminded of exactly what you are, liar.

I don't believe a word you say, so save the itinerary for somebody who does and who cares.

Level 5

Location hidden

#104614 Feb 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't a cyclist when he was a sitting President.
Lately, Bush has been riding scores of miles on a secluded spread on Beltsville and on the rolling hills of Quantico, Virginia, far from the White House whirl.

Yet Bush isn't the only participant at risk. For the Secret Service agents and others who have ridden with him, it can be a hazardous experience. At least one agent has broken several bones trailing the president.

It can also be demoralizing, they say. Bush is infamous for leaving stragglers behind. Yet those that ride with him say it is never boring.

While the president may be alone with his thoughts on his fast-paced rides, he's hardly by himself. An entourage of medics, sometimes including White House physician Richard Tubb, and Secret Service agents with firearms strapped under their biking shirts clatters along. Other agents can be spotted along the route, said people familiar with the rides. Often a helicopter also buzzes overhead, keeping the airspace clear and Bush in sight, even if he is gleefully leaving his riding companions in the dust.

http://www.sharetrails.org/node/8016

Level 8

Location hidden

#104615 Feb 18, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! You are definitely an evil, mean-spirited, malicious person! Rather pathetic actually!
lol

I disagree. Projecting maybe?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#104616 Feb 18, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Are You Kidding
Irvine, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#48835Oct 27, 2012
Judged:222
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you ever tire of telling lie after lie?
Don't you ever get tired of whining???? NTR knows I live in Frankfort.
Now go away little girl! When you grow up, come back and talk to me.
LOL! What does that have to do with you being a pig and being ignorant?

Was there a point somewhere in that post?
higgans

Avon, IN

#104617 Feb 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not more than a few to reach the wrong conclusion - again.
How many times must I tell you that I agree we must cut spending, but I also believe we must have revenue increases that aren't simply passed along to the struggling middle-class at the STATE and LOCAL levels - which will automatically happen when Federal cuts result in shortfalls to vital services at the state level. Again, it's a matter of priorities and human costs. We can't keep paying corporate welfare to the degree and extent we do now without a huge cost to society if cuts come directly from education and social programs and exclude the wealthiest among us from the formula.
well, bright-girl, when YOU vote the status quo... for ANY office... you endorse the very behaviour YOU claim to be against.

how many people tell us that we do not need term limits IF WE VOTE THE PEOPLE OUT THAT DON'T DO THE BEST FOR ALL (sometimes that means doing the NOT-best for all, too!).

Obama failed at least 47-50% of US... and YOU found that acceptable.

if Romney/whomever had done the same, vote his ARSE out in 4 yrs, too. duh!?! WHAT DON'T YOU GET?

I GET that you don't need to worry about Fed taxes ANYMORE and that LESS FG spending would mean more State spending and TAXES and thoae taxes would affect YOU... so, YOU voted for YOUR interests over the Nation's(whole). I get THAT.... that you are me, me, ME.

we have too much such myopia. whether it is Exxon or NTR or lil' miss welfare queen or mr deadbeat babby daddy or plain ol' Joe Taxpayer.... we have TOO much 'Ask what My Country can do for ME...'.

when we MOST need a JFK we get a BHO!

thanks, again....

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#104619 Feb 18, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You demented old fool, for the umpteenth time, I AM A FRIKKIN ATHEIST, do you understand the words coming out of my computer?
I only despise those who give me reason to despise them, like you and Obimbles.
May I redirect your attention, please? Try this:

7. Arne Sorenson, Marriott International

In 2009, the U.S. Department of Justice prosecuted Marriott International for using an illegal tax shelter swindle dubbed “ Son of Boss .” The scam involved setting up a series of complex paper transactions between company subsidiaries to create $70 million in fake losses that could be offset against Marriott’s real profits. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, a long-time friend of the Marriott family and named after Marriott’s patriarch J. Willard Marriott, was the head of the hotel giant’s audit committee in 1994 at the time the board first approved the Son of Boss transaction. According to Bloomberg, Marriott has also shifted profits to a Luxembourg shell company and avoided hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes through one federal tax credit for so-called synthetic fuel that Senator John McCain dubbed an “expensive hoax.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#104621 Feb 18, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
That's why I'm here, and besides that, I just feel like being here. So, I am.
Ditto for me.
Amen brother!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#104622 Feb 18, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Lately, Bush has been riding scores of miles on a secluded spread on Beltsville and on the rolling hills of Quantico, Virginia, far from the White House whirl.
Yet Bush isn't the only participant at risk. For the Secret Service agents and others who have ridden with him, it can be a hazardous experience. At least one agent has broken several bones trailing the president.
It can also be demoralizing, they say. Bush is infamous for leaving stragglers behind. Yet those that ride with him say it is never boring.
While the president may be alone with his thoughts on his fast-paced rides, he's hardly by himself. An entourage of medics, sometimes including White House physician Richard Tubb, and Secret Service agents with firearms strapped under their biking shirts clatters along. Other agents can be spotted along the route, said people familiar with the rides. Often a helicopter also buzzes overhead, keeping the airspace clear and Bush in sight, even if he is gleefully leaving his riding companions in the dust.
http://www.sharetrails.org/node/8016
He started no doubt when he beat such a hasty retreat from the White House. He was on the run then and apparently he hasn't stopped;-)

“The Beast Within”

Level 5

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#104628 Feb 18, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You demented old fool, for the umpteenth time, I AM A FRIKKIN ATHEIST, do you understand the words coming out of my computer?
I only despise those who give me reason to despise them, like you and Obimbles.
here you go....

TWO MINUTES OF 'HATE'

http://youtu.be/WupvCZhKMnM

GORWELL'S 1984

aahhhhh, feel better?!

Level 1

Location hidden

#104629 Feb 18, 2013
To prove the efficacy of its proposed “class war” strategy, WCW in November 2012 identified several Democratic politicians who had expertly used it to their own great advantage in that year's elections.

For instance, WCW claimed that President Barack Obama, who had a sub-40% approval rating in mid-2011, was able to win re-election just 16 months later because of his “decision to engage in class warfare, to directly engage the class war being waged by the 1 percent against the rest of the country.”

In certain key battleground states like Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, said WCW, Obama “took on the class warrior role” with particular aggressiveness by:

“constantly reinforc[ing] the contrasts” between himself and Republican challenger Mitt Romney “regarding the middle class”;

“indict[ing] the 'you’re on your own' economics of Republicans”;emphasizing his desire to “eliminat[e] the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy”;

and “painting a believable picture of ... Romney as the plutocrat who ... can’t empathize with your struggles.”

Further, noted WCW, Obama had gained “a clear advantage” as a result of Occupy Wall Street's “reframing of the nation’s most important economic issue.”

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#104633 Feb 18, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clueless dingbat you are. Royalties are paid for all extractions, are you really that ignorant? Jobs are provided for those who need jobs.
The federal government controls roughly half the land west of Denver, most of it is just sitting there doing nothing. We need oil, or do you have a wind powered car? you're certainly full of hot air.
Royalties are paid in kind. For instance, a private entity extracts crude out of the Gulf of Mexico owing the US a small percentage of the total value of that oil but instead of paying the US in cash, they deliver a certain quantity of that crude into the strategic oil reserve and is given credit based upon the value of that barrel of oil.

Taking that oil out of the market creates shortages and drives the price up meaning the private entity receives a higher monetary credit per barrel. If those shortages are compounded by other interruptions like war or natural disaster then the president can order a release of oil from the strategic oil reserves where those people who got royalty credit of $160 per barrel gets to buy it back for $60 per barrel.

Of course those same private entities were given billions of taxpayer dollars in subsidies so they could find OUR oil and they were allotted billions of taxpayer dollars to extract our oil, AND they are earning hundreds of billions selling OUR oil to US. When they spill that oil into the environment, they expect taxpayers to clean it up.

It's like allowing someone to tear up your back yard to plant a garden only to take the fruit of that garden and selling it then sending you a bill for the cost of the labor...oh, but they give you a tomato and call it even as you are forced to replace the sod and landscaping they tore up.

Nationalize that oil and keep the profiteers out. We will still be paying the employees required to extract, process and transport the product. They will just be government employees with decent pay and benefits and nobody will be making a killing as little old ladies freeze to death cause they cannot afford to eat and stay warm.

Level 8

Location hidden

#104634 Feb 18, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems some have already been banned or run off by hate.
Yes, their own hate, and ignorance really. Many of the conservative posters that have left or been banned, are gone because of their poor behavior. They are just completely incapable of taking responsibility for that behavior and seeing it for what it is.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#104635 Feb 18, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, bright-girl, when YOU vote the status quo... for ANY office... you endorse the very behaviour YOU claim to be against.
how many people tell us that we do not need term limits IF WE VOTE THE PEOPLE OUT THAT DON'T DO THE BEST FOR ALL (sometimes that means doing the NOT-best for all, too!).
Obama failed at least 47-50% of US... and YOU found that acceptable.
if Romney/whomever had done the same, vote his ARSE out in 4 yrs, too. duh!?! WHAT DON'T YOU GET?
I GET that you don't need to worry about Fed taxes ANYMORE and that LESS FG spending would mean more State spending and TAXES and thoae taxes would affect YOU... so, YOU voted for YOUR interests over the Nation's(whole). I get THAT.... that you are me, me, ME.
we have too much such myopia. whether it is Exxon or NTR or lil' miss welfare queen or mr deadbeat babby daddy or plain ol' Joe Taxpayer.... we have TOO much 'Ask what My Country can do for ME...'.
when we MOST need a JFK we get a BHO!
thanks, again....
My fellow voters completely disagreed with you. We, by a majority of 51% to 47%(plus or minus .xx) decided that Obama was the better option. He won both the electoral college (332 to 206) AND the popular vote, a momentous victory in light of the state of the economy.

Republicans didn't offer a Plan to move this country along and showed no indication of giving us the benefit of the doubt that, regardless of how little educated we are perceived to be, we are still able to add and subtract and detect deception and lies. We don't like either, and we said so. So, there was no choice but to send the President back for another go at completing his mission. Why you endlessly fail to comprehend this is anybody's guess. We only had Mitt Romney as the alternative. Jesus Christ wasn't running. Capiche? We rejected the alternative. There IS NO do over. I hope you get your head adjusted soon. It's going to be an agonizingly long four years for you otherwise.

Level 5

Location hidden

#104636 Feb 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I just thought it was incumbent on me to make sure you know how and why it is that all of your phoney baloney protests of how mean and evil I am don't add up at all where you're concerned. You deserved to be reminded of exactly what you are, liar.
I don't believe a word you say, so save the itinerary for somebody who does and who cares.
Sweetheart, if you don't care, quit whining about it! That is all you have pointed out all day. It all adds up very well, thank you!

I do not lie! Why would I? I have nothing to gain or lose on this thread either way my dear. I have just always made it a practice of life to never lie and it has served me well.

You are very mean and vengeful!!! You prove it over and over again. Don't forget your meds!!!!

Level 5

Location hidden

#104639 Feb 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>He started no doubt when he beat such a hasty retreat from the White House. He was on the run then and apparently he hasn't stopped;-)
The article was dated in 2005 sweetheart!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#104642 Feb 18, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
see above, porkchop.
Ur not an atheist, ur a hatemonger.
((((HE'S)))) a hatemonger?! lol, now that's rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min freedom2016 13,260
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 41 min Hearts6386 14,951
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... 55 min Slurpee6603 18
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr X -Man- 143,731
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 6 hr johnny belinda 104
News How more deportations under Trump could lead to... 7 hr Wildchild 4
News Can't U.S.- Mexico be good neighbors? 9 hr Wildchild 2
More from around the web