The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341610 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#103212 Feb 14, 2013
Come on now people
walk hand in hand
let's make this world of ours
a good place to stand
Let's work together

C Heat

“2014 TDF”

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#103213 Feb 14, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was an ipso facto citizen of his father's nation, therefore he was subject to that nation, by birth, allegiance and citizenship.
Citizenship to the US is not ipso faco, there is a requirement, you must be born "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof",(the US Constitution), this means not subject to any foreign power.
"Obama was an ipso facto citizen of his father's nation, therefore he was subject to that nation, by birth, allegiance and citizenship."

Was or is? Never mind. Really? I didn't know that the State of Hawaii had "dual statehood" status with Kenya.

I have a question for you; do you thrive in crying over spilled milk, years after it has been cleaned up? What's going to be next; you're going to challenge the POTUS' birth certificate all over again? Ok, so that was two questions.

Unless you can show proof that somehow the State of Hawaii had its statehood status revoked, and was a state of the Sovereign Nation of Kenya on the day Obama was born, and then resigned to its statehood status with the Sovereign Nation of Kenya and regained statehood with the United States on the day after Obama was born, Obama is as much of a Natural Born Citizen of the United States, as Dubya, Clinton, Reagan, and "Dick." Otherwise, if what you say is true, under Article II, Section I, Sub-paragraph 5 of the United States Constitution, he wouldn't have been found to be qualified to hold the POTUS office, even for his first term.

And you still haven't cited the case, or the Federal Statute that proves your point.

BTW, stop using legal words (like ipso facto) the meaning of which is as far from your brain as Pluto is from the Earth, "Justice." If you're purporting yourself as a law school graduate, all that is axiomatic, is that your JD is preceded by the word "Honorary," and it was issued by the Concord On-Line Law School after you paid them 4 times the amount of tuition they require. Which goes along with the fact that the only "Justice" name that fits you, is preceded by the name "Buford T."

To surmise; would you like some cheese to go with that whine?????

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#103214 Feb 14, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Obama that there are women who are "ready" or would do well in combat.
Now, how many moms and dads are ready to have their 18 year old daughters register for selective service?
Those girls who choose to serve would enlist, for the rest, there's no need to register, IMO. My eldest daughter joined the Army fresh out of high school and got out just as the first Gulf War erupted. She's kind of ambivalent about women in action, she says they'd never qualify to begin with.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#103215 Feb 14, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
Come on now people
walk hand in hand
let's make this world of ours
a good place to stand
Let's work together
C Heat
Maybe Obama has that in mind by legalizing drugs. A medicated population is an obedient population.

“2014 TDF”

Level 2

Boca Raton, FL.

#103216 Feb 14, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody wants an illegal alien squatter family in the white house!! What have I been trying to tell you!!!
What we already know; you're a racist. Only you haven't confessed yet. You keep pleading nolo.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#103217 Feb 14, 2013
As Amnesty Looms, Illegal Immigration Picks Up Speed in Arizona
Feb 13, 2013 12:40 PM EST

During his State of the Union address last night, President Obama touted the lowest illegal border crossings in 40 years, but with amnesty looming and border enforcement most likely coming after citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants, law enforcement officials in Arizona are seeing an uptick in activity.

"We are seeing an uptick in bodies as of the last couple of weeks. We are starting to see large groups again in our AOR [Area of Responsibility]. The groups are up into the 20 to 40 range," Pinal County Sheriff Department Lieutenant and SWAT team member Matthew Thomas tells Townhall.

Late Monday, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office released a warning to the public about a traffic stop involving illegal immigrants near Cordes Junction, Ariz. an area more than 200 miles north of the Mexican border.

Read more: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#103218 Feb 14, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the Media uproar over Mitt Romney and his Bonuses during the campaign?
You should it was headline news everyday!
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that

goody goody bullshit

P. Floyd.
higgans

Marion, IN

#103219 Feb 14, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows.
I admit,...
I'm not claiming to be a genius by any means but some of the things these people choose to believe and propagandize to others are absolutely contrary to basic fundamental reasoning.
that's a pretty damning statement.
how's about you supply this IQ-points deprived 'conservative' with one or two examples, eh?

be as SPECIFIC as possible, if possible...

hurry, hurry, hurry...

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#103220 Feb 14, 2013
I was gone for fourteen days
I coulda been gone for more
Held up in the intensive care ward
Lyin' on the floor

A. Cooper

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#103221 Feb 14, 2013
Here's a story to cheer up all of you anti-Christian lefties!

Christian Pastor Beheaded By Muslim Mob in Tanzania

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#103222 Feb 14, 2013
I think I lost some weight there
And I-I'm sure I need some rest
Sleepin' don't come very easy
In a straight white vest

A. Cooper

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#103223 Feb 14, 2013
I wanna get outta here
I wanna get outta here
I-I've gotta I've gotta get outta here
I-I gotta get out of here

I gotta get out of here
I gotta get outta here
I gotta get outta here

I grabbed my hat and I got my coat
And I-I ran into the street
I saw a man that was choking there
I guess he couldn't breathe

A. Cooper

“2014 TDF”

Level 2

Boca Raton, FL.

#103224 Feb 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
President Obama walks into the Bank of America to cash a check. As he approaches the cashier he says,“Good morning Ma’am, could you please cash this check for me?”
Cashier:“It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?”
Obama:“Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn’t think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the President of the United States of AMERICA !!!!” Cashier:“Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the Dodd/Frank legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID.”
Obama: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am.”
Cashier:“I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them.” Obama:“I am urging you to please, cash this check.”
Cashier:“Look Mr. President, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID.
He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot whereas the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his check. So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, as the President of the United States ?”
Obama stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says,“Honestly, my mind is a total blank, there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can’t think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I don’t have a clue.
Cashier:“Will that be large or small bills, Mr. President?
http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/...
Oooh, that's funny!

I wonder which one of these would Dubya had been required to do if he was who was cashing that check:

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#103225 Feb 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Those girls who choose to serve would enlist, for the rest, there's no need to register, IMO. My eldest daughter joined the Army fresh out of high school and got out just as the first Gulf War erupted. She's kind of ambivalent about women in action, she says they'd never qualify to begin with.
God bless your daughter.

As for women in combat, I feel that only a very small number would qualify, even if faced with less rigid requirements.

As for selective service, IMO we either require it for all or no one.
marlowe

Broomfield, CO

#103226 Feb 14, 2013
Saw the people standin'
thousand years in chains.

Somebody said it's diff'rent now,
look, it's just the same.

Pharoahs spin the message,
round and round the truth.

They could have saved a million people,
How can I tell you?

J. Fogerty

“2014 TDF”

Level 2

Boca Raton, FL.

#103227 Feb 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You've GOT IT back azz backwards bub ...
``````````
non-white demographic i.e. civil rights movement, 1986 IR act... you get the picture.
Check out WHO was behind the 1866 Civil Rights movement ...!!!
Civil Rights Legislation
www.core-online.org/History/history_links.htm... all the other. Amendments. Civil Rights Act of 1866. "All persons shall have the same rights...to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, give evidence ...
http://www.core-online.org/History/history_li...
Historical Highlights
The Civil Rights Bill of 1866
April 09, 1866
On this date, the (R)House overrode President Andrew Johnson’s veto of the Civil Rights Bill of 1866 with near unanimous Republican support, 122 to 41, marking the first time Congress legislated upon civil rights.
First introduced by Senate Judiciary Chairman Lyman Trumbull of Illinois, the bill defined all persons born in the United States (except Native Americans) as natural American citizens. The legislation granted all citizens the right to enjoy “full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of person and property.”
To Radical Republicans, who believed the federal government had a role in shaping a multiracial society in the postwar South, the measure seemed the next logical step after the ratification of the 13th Amendment on December 18, 1865 (which abolished slavery).
Representative Henry Raymond of New York noted that the legislation was “one of the most important bills presented to this House for its action.” President Johnson disagreed with the level of federal intervention implied by the legislation, calling it “another step, or rather a stride, toward centralization and the concentration of all legislative power in the national Government” in his veto message. The Civil Rights Bill of 1866 proved to be the opening salvo of the showdown between the 39th Congress (1865–1867) and the President over the future of the former Confederacy and African-American civil rights.
http://history.house.gov/Historical-Highlight...
Synopsis
Born on December 29, 1808, in Raleigh, North Carolina, Andrew Johnson(D) became the 17th president of the United States upon the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln in April 1865. His lenient Reconstruction policies toward the South, and his vetoing of Reconstruction acts, embittered the Radical Republicans in Congress and led to his political downfall and impeachment, though he was acquitted.
http://www.biography.com/people/andrew-johnso...
What seems to either escape you, or you're too obtuse to admit, is that in those days, the republican party was what today is the Democratic Party. Unless, of course, you think Lincoln was a member of the Democratic Party.

"As President,[Lincoln] built the Republican Party into a strong national organization."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/ab...

"Those who ignore history are bound (or doomed) to repeat it"
George Santayana
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#103228 Feb 14, 2013
Cartel Kingpin Chicago's New Public Enemy No. 1
The label was first given to Al Capone and hasn't been used since Prohibition
By Michael Tarm
| Thursday, Feb 14, 2013 | Updated 9:40 AM CST

Authorities in Chicago are naming a drug kingpin in Mexico as the city's Public Enemy No. 1 — a label first given to gangster Al Capone and one that hasn't been used since Prohibition.

Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is being singled out for his role as leader of the powerful Sinaloa cartel, which supplies the bulk of narcotics sold in the city, according to the Chicago Crime Commission and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

"Not since the Chicago Crime Commission's first Public Enemy No. 1 has any criminal deserved this title more than Joaquin Guzman," J.R. Davis, president of 94-year-old Chicago Crime Commission, said in remarks prepared for an announcement later Thursday.

It was the Chicago Crime Commission that designated Capone Public Enemy No. 1 in 1930. The non-government body that tracks city crime trends called other people public enemies, but Capone was the only one to ever be its No. 1.

Read more: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Cartel-K...
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#103229 Feb 14, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush budget in 2002 $2 trillion dollars
Obumbles budget 2012 $3.5 trillion
76% increase
Where'd all the money go? Welfare, failed green energy products, give aways
Obama and the dums are trying to bankrupt this country.
wise up
Your insistence on remaining dense and ignorant is a characteristic typical of a die-hard Republican. You represent your party well.

You failed to account for inflation for the years 2002 - 2012. At about 3% per year, that means that in today's dollars Bush's $2 trillion budget would be about $3.09 trillion (compared to Obama's $3.5 trillion). That represents a difference of nearly $4.1 billion. The upshot of this means that in real dollars, the budget has not increased all that much over 10 years.

Second, you failed to mention that the single biggest source of the budget is the national defense (the military), running, on average over the ten years, at 42%.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#103230 Feb 14, 2013
Is It Fair For People On Food Stamps To Buy Prime Rib And Lobster While Working Families Barely Survive?

Michael Snyder
Economic Collapse
Feb 14, 2013

Should we all quit working and jump on board the Obama gravy train? Of course I am being facetious, but when you are barely surviving does there come a point when it just becomes easier to give up and totally rely on the government? Today, the federal government runs nearly 80 different means-tested welfare programs, and many state and local governments have their own welfare programs on top of that. If you become an expert on those programs and you learn how to game the system, can you live more comfortably than someone that lives honestly and works as hard as they can and yet still makes less than 10 dollars an hour? Now, right from the outset of this article, let me make it abundantly clear that I do not believe that most people are abusing the system. As I have written about over and over, the number of Americans living in poverty is rapidly increasing because there are not enough jobs. There are not enough jobs because we are shipping millions of them out of the country to the other side of the globe, and we are also losing millions of jobs to technology. There have always been those that need our help, and because of the foolish decisions that we have made as a nation, the ranks of the poor will continue to expand. But it is also true that there are some people out there that are very brazenly abusing the system. For example, is it really fair for people on food stamps to buy prime rib and lobster while many working families barely survive? People like that are taking advantage of their fellow Americans, and they are making it harder for the people that really need the help to be able to get it.

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/is-it-fair-for-people...
higgans

Marion, IN

#103233 Feb 14, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a source for that claim and is it broken down a little better? "Public assistance" covers a hell of a lot of ground there...I believe it may be true on some forms but not for every form of "public assistance" or as a whole.
as I understood RP, as with the election and office of the Pres, Senator or Rep, he was talking about FEDERAL policies and programs.

and, the Federal Constitution and ITS limitations.

speak about doing away with ANY Fed Govt law, policy or prog and the Progressives go batshit crazy about hating the poor, minorities, gays, illegals/immigrants, etc...

that speak as if their is NOTHING else BUT the FG!

as if the States and Local govts and the people that run them do NOT exist or, somehow, do not have the same capacity to 'govern' as those elected to National offices.

some States had Jim Crow laws... but, NOT all States. that fact seems to elude the brainiacs that worship at the feet of Wilsonian Progressivism.

some States have no NEED for an Income Tax... like the FG before the 20th century. THAT fact also seems to elude them.

or the Rep Party IS the Party that freed the slaves AND restored the Union... those two Historical facts need not apply.

if posters on here today OPPOSE Big, BIGGER FG, they must have supported it when a different Pres of a different Party or COLOR was in charge.

what IF they did? yesterday? can't people CHANGE? their political or ideological minds? don't they believe in EVOLUTION?

they certainly talk like they do when it comes to societal change, don't they? maybe they think ONLY themselves, the ELITE, are capable of future enlightenment?

it's like one cannot speak of the VALUE of marriage, traditional marriage, AND not be either a racist or a homophobe.

the value of WORK versus welfare AND not be a racist or hater of the less fortunate or a sexist.

defend the Constitution, the CURRENT version, and NOT want to re-introduce slavery or male dominance.

hell, one can no longer defend being American without being labeled SOMETHING derogatory!

'America: Love It or Leave It.' we overlooked 'Transform It', didn't we?

look at WHAT we have become...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What rights do immigrants in the US have? 16 min Independent American 147
News Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 45 min swedenforever 203
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 51 min El Guapo 226
News What's behind the 'anchor babies' buzz phrase? 1 hr kuda 12
News Former DPS employee arrested in illegal licensi... 1 hr janetpatriot 3
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 1 hr El Guapo 513
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? 2 hr Bruce j 8
More from around the web