The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 4,209)

Showing posts 84,161 - 84,180 of239,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you T. They know. They know that you agree with them, but it's not enough. These people's pompous self righteous views don't leave any room for accepting or being friendly with others that don't line up with with them. I am the enemy, plain and simple and you simply being simple and friendly with me is "against the code".
<quoted text>
That openness is what separates you from these miscreants. It really isn't a left or right thing, it's a personality disorder thing. These types flock to anonymous forums to indulge in their obsessive urges to control others. The "fight" is all they have. People who learn from each other are what make the world go round.
"uva uvam vivindo varia fit"
Roughly translated, the grape changes color when it sees another grape. The changing vine is a living vine.
~Lonesome Dove~
<quoted text>
Well, most of us have been guilty at some point for the "smack talk", including myself, but Conservatives here and in the media have built a reputation for themselves of intolerance and hate. I'm not talking about you T, in my opinion, you're one of the exceptions, much like White American, Non Complacent Twink etc..and I know there are many conservatives like you.
<quoted text>
That is a good quote,lol. I understand where you're coming from on this debate. For me it's always been about being realistic about what our Government is going to do and also being honest about the people involved (illegal immigrants). There is an enormous amount of bias, hateful, misinformation and that is all I've ever been against. You have a great day as well. Don't feel like you have to explain your stance on the issues every time these jerks want to play these childish games. ;)
Lonesome Dove??? One of my many favorites!!! Thanks, X!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” &#8213; William F. Buckley Jr.
You're citing bullsh*t from a white nationalist who's conservative views consisted of taking steps back into history instead of moving foward? LMFAO!!!

"...Buckley and Kilpatrick united North and South in a shared vision for the nation that included upholding white supremacy."

Nancy MacLean, Freedom Is Not Enough: The Opening of the American Workplace (2008) p 46

William F. Buckley died this week, at the age of 82. Which makes it as good a time as any to recall just what the "father of modern conservatism" stood for--which is pretty simple, really: making the Middle Ages acceptable to modern minds. Or, in the alternative, turning modern minds into Medieval ones.
http://www.openleft.com/diary/4255/
Citizen Pain

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Where's The Outrage? Where Are The Cries For A Ban?

CDC: Alcohol Abuse Costs U.S.$224 Billion a Year

People who drink too much cost the U.S. economy $223.5 billion a year, and governments pay more than 60 percent of their health care costs, federal health experts reported on Monday.

Alcohol abuse kills 79,000 people a year, the report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/healthcare/cdc...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

White House Warns TEA BAGGERS: Don't Photoshop Obama Gun Pic... or else

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/02...
Citizen Pain

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The Myth of Liberal Tolerance

The word “tolerate” means to put up with, to allow to exist. But liberals don’t mean it that way. They don’t preach tolerance, they preach conformity. Look up what these bastions of tolerance have said about the Tea Party. Look what they say about Allen West. Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Clarence Thomas or anyone who dare creep outside the left-wing’s assigned box for them.

See, many liberals are, in reality, are the most intolerant human beings you’ll ever come across. They preach a “live and let live” philosophy, but relentlessly attack anyone with whom they disagree.

They can also be the most bigoted people you’ll ever meet. By bigoted I mean racist.

The most famous examples of this have been directed at Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. In 1994, political commentator Julianne Malveaux said on PBS that she wished Justice Thomas’ wife “feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease,” continuing,“Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person.”

And in 1996, Emerge magazine ran a cover drawing of Justice Thomas dressed as a lawn jockey with the headline “Uncle Thomas: Lawn Jockey for The Far Right.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2...
Citizen Pain

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, in the alternative, turning modern minds into Medieval ones.
http://www.openleft.com/diary/4255/
You're citing bullshit from a politically far left blog that folded in 2011? LMFAO!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bite me azzhole. I've read your preadolescent crap and just ignored it 'til now. I never could understand why people needed "socks" until now- there cannot be that many people able to post a coherent sentence that share your views. THEREFORE, if anyone feels the need for a ghostwriter (a.k.a.fake fan) it's you. I can understand, therefore, why you think eveyone who agrees with someone else is a sock.
Hey there little buddy.... I have some crayons you can chew on so you can calm down. If you're innocent of the allegations then you have nothing to get upset about.... unfortunately you flew like a bat out of hell with anger which makes it plausible that you're upset for getting called out as a sock puppet.

Come on... you just made your screen name last month, you claim that you know me like the back of your hand yet you want us all to believe you're not a regular who mustered up a new registered account?

LOL!!!
Citizen Pain

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
White House Warns TEA BAGGERS: Don't Photoshop Obama Gun Pic... or else
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/02...
"Obama gun pic?" LOL! What a joke!

News of Obama's apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president's "awkward" attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

"The only time he shot skeet was for President's Cup," said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. "I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn't leave fast enough."

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seems to me adding the legal to it becomes redundant.. Unless there is such a thing as illegal permanent resident.. Just saying..
Eagle
We figured out what you meant, but in common usage:

Profiles on Legal Permanent Residents | Homeland Security
www.dhs.gov › News › Data
Legal permanent residents (LPRs) are foreign nationals who have been granted the right to reside permanently in the United States. LPRs are often referred to ...
[PDF]

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents: 2011, DHS Office
www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/public...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
A legal permanent resident (LPR) or “green card” recipient is defined by ... person who has been granted lawful permanent residence in the United States.
USCIS - Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)
www.uscis.gov › Home › RESOURCES › Glossary

Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing the in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded ...

etc.

https://www.google.com/search...
Citizen Pain

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

'Tackle crazed gunmen with SCISSORS or just hide under your desk': Homeland Security's controversial advice video for fighting lone wolf shooter

Homeland Security offers video advice on what to do in a shooting

The video recommends fleeing or finding a safe place to hide

The advice is not to call 911 unless it is safe to do so

Workers are told to arm themselves with scissors if need be

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22712...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're not guilty of name calling??? I see many nasty names for the right on these boards. I am not guilty of using any nasty names for anyone. I find it abhorrent behavior.
Try to set a better example in the future, and we might actually be able to have an intelligent dialog.
It is truly a sad state of affairs when people think this is acceptable behavior. If we behave like this, how does it look to our leadership? They use it to their advantage by keeping us polarized.
Totally unacceptable. I try to ignore posters and posts with this kind of nastiness. Most of the time I am successful. There is nothing there worth reading.
"Try to set a better example in the future, and we might actually be able to have an intelligent dialog."

Excuse me? I'm fine with the example I set. Those that I respect, respect me and I'm ok with that.

You should think twice before coming to another poster on a high horse acting like you're General Lee himself.

That's not extending the olive branch..That's slapping me across the face with it.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
You're citing bullshit from a politically far left blog that folded in 2011? LMFAO!!!
Hey little buddy.... that doesn't change the fact that you're quoting William F. Buckley Jr., a known white nationalist bigot/racist.

That speaks volumes to both your ignorance & deeply seeded racism.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama gun pic?" LOL! What a joke!
News of Obama's apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president's "awkward" attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.
This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.
"The only time he shot skeet was for President's Cup," said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. "I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn't leave fast enough."
You have one source that says he did it a couple of times and another that says it was just once.

Both anonymous and neither present the majority of times the President was at Camp David.

If both sources were present on different occasions then we are up to three times and still only covering 6 visits to Camp David even if the sources are reliable.

If both quotes came from the same source then your source has already contradicted himself meaning this anonymous tip has no value whatsoever.

Ya followin' me here?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
Where's The Outrage? Where Are The Cries For A Ban?
CDC: Alcohol Abuse Costs U.S.$224 Billion a Year
People who drink too much cost the U.S. economy $223.5 billion a year, and governments pay more than 60 percent of their health care costs, federal health experts reported on Monday.
Alcohol abuse kills 79,000 people a year, the report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/healthcare/cdc...
Alcohol is banned to anyone under the age of 21.....

Dee Dee Dee!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix also makes it very clear that their effort to enforce their TOS is a joke at best.
There's a huge difference between "heated discussion" and outright slander, libel, and meanness.
Here... I'll reverberate what the TOS says.....

... If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.

If you feel a law has been broken... please make a non-emergency phone call to your local police dept.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You have one source that says he did it a couple of times and another that says it was just once.
Both anonymous and neither present the majority of times the President was at Camp David.
If both sources were present on different occasions then we are up to three times and still only covering 6 visits to Camp David even if the sources are reliable.
If both quotes came from the same source then your source has already contradicted himself meaning this anonymous tip has no value whatsoever.
Ya followin' me here?
And in his comment # 99686 he's crying about slander, libel and meanness yet he presents articles that's dancing with libel and meanness.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
'Tackle crazed gunmen with SCISSORS or just hide under your desk': Homeland Security's controversial advice video for fighting lone wolf shooter
Homeland Security offers video advice on what to do in a shooting
The video recommends fleeing or finding a safe place to hide
The advice is not to call 911 unless it is safe to do so
Workers are told to arm themselves with scissors if need be
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22712...
And what's your solution??? Arm every child with an AR-15?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
These aren't merely heated discussions -- those occur when someone is passionate about their point of view, but remain respectful. There is nothing respectful about 99% of this dialog, especially on this particular forum.
Grow up and behave like a respectable member of our society - all of you (you know who you are and I'm including all sides). You're behaving like 12 year olds, and worse. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You sound like a concern troll.

A person who posts on a blog thread, in the guise of "concern," to disrupt dialogue or undermine morale by pointing out that posters and/or the site may be getting themselves in trouble, usually with an authority or power. They point out problems that don't really exist. The intent is to derail, stifle, control, the dialogue. It is viewed as insincere and condescending.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
President Obama's uncle fights for permanent residency
President Obama’s illegal-alien uncle — busted in 2011 for drunken driving — is banking on the strength of his moral character to help him win permanent resident status in the U.S., agreeing yesterday to a Dec. 3 immigration-court date before the same judge who granted asylum to his sister.
Onyango Obama, a Kenyan national who was ordered deported in 1992, is fighting to stay here under a federal immigration law that allows permanent residence for illegal aliens who entered the U.S. before 1972 and have demonstrated “good moral character.”
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_co...
DWI he should be deported and this is one of the crimes that I ask about regarding probationary status.. While on probation and convicted of a crime they should be removed and no questions ask..
"Obama got his hearing nearly a year before other applicants who came up in court yesterday. Some were pushed off as far in the future as September 2014."
They need to speed up the system and doing their jobs..
Eagle
On the issue of DUI's....

U.S. Senate: Illegal aliens must commit three DUI’s before they can be deported
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-senate-il...

Current status of this law

S. 47: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013

The committees assigned to this bill sent it to the House or Senate as a whole for consideration on January 28, 2013.

PROGRESS

Introduced Jan 22, 2013
Reported by Committee Jan 28, 2013

On Senate Schedule Feb 01, 2013

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s47

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Corpocrisy: The Systematic Betrayal of American Workers

By: Paul Buchheit

Published: Monday 4 February 2013

Free market idealists argue that capitalism works for anyone with a little initiative and a willingness to work hard. That might be true if job opportunities were available to everyone. But the facts reveal a lack of opportunity, largely because the very system of capitalism that's supposed to work for everyone is betraying its most productive members.(cont.)

http://www.nationofchange.org/corpocrisy-syst...

The article points out that in the 20 years prior to the Great Recession and beginning in 2008, corporations were paying an average rate of about 22.5% in Federal taxes. Since then, the average rate has fallen to about 10%. Many significant and important points are made in this article. Here is only one of them:

5. Pay existing workers what they earned in 1970.

Less, actually. Average real wages were $17.42 in 2007, down from $19.34 in 1972 (based on 2007 dollars). Wages, as a percentage of the economy, is at 44 percent of GDP, an all-time low. Jobs that remain are increasingly low-wage positions. Apple is a good example of the race to the bottom for wages, with an estimated $420,000 profit per employee and a $12 per hour pay rate for its store workers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,161 - 84,180 of239,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Democrats: No bluff, Obamawill go it alone on i... 4 min Yep2 189
Facebook's Zuckerberg launches lobby group with... (Apr '13) 5 min sheepleloveroyalty 17
Illegal alien forced pregnant teen into MS-13 p... (May '13) 10 min sheepleloveroyalty 13
'I'm on your side, man!': Obama meets with Hisp... 12 min Joe 2
Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 21 min only me 16,114
Who's to blame for the flood of kids at the bor... 32 min Joe 77
Mexico & Guatemala Cut Deal to Allow More Illeg... 33 min sheepleloveroyalty 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••