The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#99382 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

“I am pleased to report an underlying 10% increase in trading profit for the (3rd) quarter (2012) to $207 million.

******The benefits of our efficiency improvements (i.e., layoffs) have helped to offset the impact of on-going tough conditions, and we continued to make good commercial progress in the emerging markets.******

(Our) business continues to thrive, growing at twice the market rate.“Smith & Nephew’s strategic priorities are about making choices for the long term benefit of our business, by allocating resources (i.e., layoffs) to the areas where we can achieve the greatest returns." Olivier Bohuon, Chief Executive Officer of Smith & Nephew

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What Olivier is saying is that the business is doing fine, profits are increasing, and to increase those profits even more they're going to layoff some folks.

And rather than be blamed as greedy for the layoffs, they'll blame it on Obamacare. Corporations (and people) do this all the time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please study history.

FoxNews?

Really?
Your words not theirs!

The Affordable Care Act includes a 2.3 percent tax on medical devices, which is expected to raise nearly $30 billion over the next decade.

The tax is applied to gross sales revenues.

MyFoxMemphis.com reports that Smith & Nephew released a statement on the layoffs Thursday, explaining that they were necessary to absorb the costs associated with the tax, which "has impacted a number of companies across the U.S."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/01/me ...

Level 8

#99384 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

If you did a bit of research, you'd discover, much to your dismay, that non-wealthy, poorly educated individuals have long been criticized for voting against their interests by voting Republican.

You'll find reliable articles on the Internet. The library, too.
Why don't you do a little "Research" and post a link or source instead of your personal opinion!

Start with "GOOGLE"

Level 8

#99385 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics, blacks, etc. put their heritage first because there are people like you whom they very well understand will never ever accept them--regardless of how successful they become--and as a result, do not want to assimilate entirely. They also recognize that they have a heritage and culture worth preserving. What folks like you are saying by asking them to assimilate is that their heritage and culture and language are not worth preserving.
The cause of their desire to not assimilate is the attitude of people like you. This is compounded by your failure to realize what the meaning of your desire for them to assimilate means.
You just don't get it and it's recognized that you have no plans to do so.
LINK or SOURCE, anything besides your personal opinion?

Again!

Level 8

#99386 Feb 3, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
USDA combats ‘mountain pride,’ self-reliance to boost food stamp rolls One in seven Americans are on Food Stamps, but the government is pushing to enroll more — in many instances working to overcome Americans’“pride,” self-reliance or failure to see a need.

“Our common goal is to increase participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program,” the United States Department of Agriculture explains on its “Outreach Toolkits” page.“Our purpose is to ensure that those going through difficult times can feed their families healthy, nutritious food. By working as a team, we can accomplish these goals.”

The USDA has adopted a range of strategies and programs designed to bring more people to SNAP, including taking on “pride.” A 2011 Hunger Champions Award document reveals that local assistance offices have been rewarded for “counteracting” pride and pushing more people to sign up for benefits.
It seems to be working!

Reaching Low-Income Hispanics With Nutrition Assistance

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants
and Children (WIC) provides a combination of food assistance, nutrition education, and easier access to health care for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children up to the age of five years. Eligible persons must be financially needy and at nutritional risk. WIC benefits usually take the form of vouchers or checks that may be redeemed
for specific food types. In FY 2006, USDA spent nearly $5.1 billion to serve about 8.2 million WIC participants.

Hispanics represent the largest racial/ethnic group in the WIC Program. In 2004, about 39 percent of those enrolled in WIC were of Hispanic origin. Approximately 3/4 of the Hispanic infants born in the United States participate in WIC.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/factsheets/reachi...

Level 8

#99387 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, I can't decipher most of what you've written, but I did get the remark about diversity and you simply couldn't be more wrong.

Diversity is one of our greatest strengths.
Tell that to the Muslims in our country!

Orlando Florida Muslims want Jews in Ovens

Muslims in New York Desecrate U.S. Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Arab Festival 2009 - Sharia in the US *Must See*

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

#99388 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

I recommend you go straight to the source for primary verification of your belief.

Ask a Latino/black/gay which party is looking out for them.
Do you really believe that Obama gives a SH*T about 11 million illegal aliens, all he's doing is pandering to the Hispanic voters who are whining about their relatives/friends!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99389 Feb 3, 2013
Help me out here, folks. I am confused with some liberal thinking, on one side they think football is too dangerous, violent, whatever, and Obamam wouldn't want a son, if he had one, to play. Then, in another breath, we are now going to allow women to fight in the front lines...couldn', no, shouldn't we consider that to be dangerous and a violent circumstance for them? Why is one okay, and the other is not? Do these people even know what they really want??? Would Obama feel comfortable with his daughters going to war?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99390 Feb 3, 2013
s/b: Obama...

Level 8

#99391 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

The increased unemployment is actually a GOOD sign. How that possible?

Economics 101.

Previously, lots of people were not in the labor force and simply stopped looking for work and they were no longer captured by unemployment numbers (accordingly, unemployment numbers can actually decrease during a recession), but as the economy improves, these individuals are now actively seeking work again and captured by unemployment data. Ergo, unemployment numbers can actually increase at the beginning of a economic recovery. This phenomena is covered in your typical intro to macro econ class.
Still doubt that the Republican party is the anti-education party?
Source or Link??

Level 8

#99392 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

It's so much more honorable to let one's family suffer from hunger and/or malnutrition and burden American taxpayers with paying for the increase in treating the medical expenses of such individuals than for such individuals to simply ask for some assistance.

And it's assistance that they've already paid for with their tax dollars. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Makes you wonder why Obama wants to add 11 million illegal aliens to the mix!

Level 8

#99393 Feb 3, 2013
WH Adviser Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Checks Actually ‘Good For’ & ‘Stimulate’ Economy

Try to wrap your head around this one (which is actually an old argument) from White House adviser Valerie Jarrett: according to her, unemployment checks — in some round about way — are actually “good for” and “stimulate” the economy:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/02/22/wh...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99395 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding, ding, ding ...
u r NOT a "winner" ...
Those are NOT me!:)
Never said it was darlin'.

I was just following the conversation through to the point where "immigrunt" messed up and forgot to change his socks before he replied to you.

Have someone explain it to you.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99396 Feb 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Now you aren't big on states' rights? If the law is unconstitutional, it will work its' way up through the court system and eventually be overturned.
At any rate, that's State government, not the Federal government:
NY Passes Toughest Gun Ban In Nation
http://www.therightperspective.org/2013/01/16...
New York became the first state in America to respond to last month’s tragic mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut by passing the country’s strongest laws against gun ownership on Tuesday.
The state’s senate, which is controlled by a coalition of REPUBLICANS (emphasis added) and five breakaway Democrats, voted for the bill by a lopsided vote of 43 – 18 late Monday night.(cont.)
Of course I am.
There was no debate.
A complete railroad job.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99397 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>It appears that in part of the process, there will be an interview to see if one understands the questions and can reasonably answer the quuestions in English.
http://voices.yahoo.com/us-citizenship-interv...
There's no question about the requirement that a person needs to have a functional command of the English language to become a citizen.

I've said that several times now.

AL originally said that an immigrant had to be able to speak English before they were allowed to come here in the first place and she was wrong.

She also seems to think that most people go to a technical college to learn English.

She was wrong about that too.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99398 Feb 3, 2013
Patriot Warrior wrote:
Should we make people pay back food stamps and welfare benefits?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paris-tx/T5VG...
"Just a Little"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ec1qcyWrkYUXX
Enforce workfare? With a data base of those who receive benefits?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99399 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is "STUFF" that should have BEEN KNOWN "before" graduating High School!
O
R
NO Diploma!
THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!
I do NOT CARE what 'Country' "you" came FROM!
O
R
Language "you" SPEAK!
IF you can't SPEAK "English" ...
YOU should have NEVER been given AMERICAN citizenship!
THAT IS THE LAW!
IT is NOT that HARD to get a GED!
Just a little bit of STYDYING!
I'm TIRED of having to PUNCH one(1) for English on TELEPHONE CALLS!
COMPASS® Reading Test - COMP
Reading Placement Test
A multiple-choice test that helps you determine if your students have the reading skills they need to succeed in standard entry-level college courses.
Five types of reading comprehension passages are included:
Practical Reading
Prose Fiction
Humanities
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences
Sample Reading Test Questions (PDF; 11 pages, 612KB)
Reading Diagnostics Tests
Evaluate your students' specific skills in the areas of
Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary
http://www.act.org/compass/tests/reading.html
Reading Placement Test Sample Items
© 2004 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved. 5
1. Who is telling this story?
A. Jennifer
B. Andy
C. Tim
D. Andy’s father
E. An unnamed narrator
2. What is the most reasonable conclusion to make from the statement in the first
paragraph,“He felt sick.”?
A. Eating xoi with his father gave Andy a stomachache.
B. Andy was upset when he saw Jennifer holding hands with Tim.
C. Andy was unhappy about the restaurant his father had selected.
D. Andy was upset with Jennifer for making him miss the party.
E. Andy mistakenly thought that Tim was his best friend.
3. According to the passage, Tim would most likely describe the party as:
A. mysterious.
B. lively.
C. dull.
D. upsetting.
E. remarkable.
4. Based on the last paragraph, it can be most reasonably inferred that Andy’s
increasing enjoyment of eating xôi was related to:
A. hearing Tim and Jennifer laughing and talking.
B. the fact that it stuck to his fingernails.
C. sitting at a table with Tim and Jennifer while he ate.
D. the fact that his father made the xôi.
E. seeing Tim and Jennifer eating xôi.
5. This passage is mainly about the relationship between:
A. Andy and his father.
B. Andy and Tim.
C. Andy’s father and Tim.
D. Jennifer and Tim.
E. Jennifer and Andy.
http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading...
Why do you place such a high emphasis on a GED or High School diploma? Is that as far as you got?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99400 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "know" exactly WHAT you mean!
Point IS, "you" did NOT give up! <3
Let's Hang in THERE "together" ... ;0)
Along with the REST of the Patriots!
You're not a patriot.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99401 Feb 3, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Bill knows this song well!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jPNX9WBw1rsXX
I use Bill Clinton as an example of Republicans sticking their noses into peoples private sex lives to show the level of hypocrisy & voyeurism that's rampant in that party. It ironic part here is that I have a list of Republican politicians who also had marital infidelities and why no stink about those? Newt Gingrich had how many wives? Then he even admitted to an open relationship yet Republicans never considered holding sex hearings on him.

For a party to pride themselves on God, morals, values and everything peachy under the sun, they really do the complete opposite of the morals & values they try to force other to adhere to.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99402 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "did" go to college!
That's HOW I found OUT about THEM! ;0)
Yes... you went to college, took the placement exam and then tanked on them. You went to college all right!!!

ROLF!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99403 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a serious misconception about both why a person would attend a "technical" college and the requirements to legally immigrate to the United States.
As far as immigration, unless I'm mistaken, there is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English before they come here, only that they have a functional command of the language when they actually apply for citizenship.
If I'm wrong could you show me a link to a source that says different?
That's the problem with "American Lady" & ilk like her. They'll post a little truth and mix allot of lies and think they can slip it past "we the people".

LOL!!

It's just like when they pull their, if you come to the USA, speak English then point at the naturalized citizen requirements while conveniently ignoring the fact that when an immigrant enters lawfully under any kind of visa their is no law requiring them to speak English.

Yet they insist they do and the ironic part is that they want these people to speak English yet they're so bigoted, they'd never talk to these people in the first place.

And we all know that if they're not b*tching about them not speaking English... it'll be about something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hundreds of lawyers raise hands to help unaccom... 11 min Guess Who 13
1st Suit Filed Over Enforcement of Immigration Law 1 hr Earl 51
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 1 hr spud 206
Jeb Bush: Immigration is 'not a felony' but 'an... 2 hr spud 33
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Ga Girl 56 136,004
Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) 3 hr cancer suxs 9
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 6 hr gulf 89

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE