The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99505 Feb 3, 2013
Map: Which countries allow women in front-line combat roles?

......Here’s a list of the countries that allow women in front-line combat positions. In Europe: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania and Sweden. Elsewhere: Australia, Canada and New Zealand in the Anglosphere; plus Eritrea, Israel, and North Korea.

And here are the countries that allow women in positions such as fighter pilots. Pakistan, Serbia, South Africa, South Korea, the United Kingdom and the United States, at least until Panetta’s change takes effect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...

The author of this article notes that due to different regulations and conditions women in other countries not on the list may in fact serve in what would constitute combat roles.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99506 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
Lt. Gaylib: "Captain Kweeg, Captain Kweeg! How come we've run out of ammunition and the battle is not yet over!"
Capt. Kweeg: "Uh, we spent it all on the separate onboard bathrooms for the women and LGBT's we have aboard. Plus it cost a bunch to send the 40% of our gals who got pregnant back to port, as well as the money spent on Gay Pride Day, transgendered medical procedures and other vital necessities. So, yes, we're out of ammo, but we have the most liberally advanced ship in the fleet! Take that, Al Qaeda!"
The Ominous U.S Presence In Northwest Africa

The Washington Post reports that Africom “is preparing to establish a drone base in northwest Africa so that it can increase surveillance missions on the local affiliate of Al Qaeda and other Islamist extremist groups that American and other Western officials say pose a growing menace to the region.” But before that word “surveillance” can bring a sigh of relief, the Post adds,“For now, officials say they envision flying only unarmed surveillance drones from the base, though they have not ruled out conducting missile strikes at some point if the threat worsens.”

Read more: http://reason.com/archives/2013/02/03/the-omi...

Level 6

Location hidden

#99508 Feb 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know this. I found out the old fashioned when the 30:06 deer rifle kicked my little nine year old butt to the ground because they thought it was "funny". I'm not trying to compare them at all.
The first time I fired a shotgun I wasn't holding it firmly against my shoulder.

I had been warned about that, but I was excited. My dad and his brothers were shooting still board and it was the first time they let me have a go.

I may have been young, but that's a lesson you learn the first time.

My Uncle's got a good laugh out of it, but dad caught he*l from mom once the bruise came up.

Level 6

Since: Feb 07

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#99511 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
True enough. But a combat unit is NOT just about firing weapons. Women have about 50% of the upper body strength of a similar weight man. Let's see how well you shoot after lugging a 50 lb pack for 10 miles through a muddy bog. Not to mention that a unit moves at the pace of the slowest member and whatever stuff you drop to lighten your load in order to keep up (like a med kit, ammunition or a radio) is lost to the unit as a whole. Transfer that stuff to another guy? Ok, if you want to go there, have at it.
You are confusing the sport of marksmanship with military infantry combat operations. You'd do fantastic in the former, maybe not so hot in the latter. Most women have better fine manual dexterity than men. If war ever becomes a knitting contest, bring on the gals!
Women seem to do fine as pilots, as you mentioned previously. But this is not what the new rules are talking about.
As I said, if capability is not lessened and there's no extra cost, by all means bring on the women and LGBTs. Certainly there are many, many support jobs they could do. But I suspect money will be wasted on frivilous nonsense, combat capability will decline and the cost will go up.
"As I said, if capability is not lessened and there's no extra cost, by all means bring on the women and LGBTs."

What? I believe that the women who will be assigned to combat positions will have to pass the same rigorous tests that men have traditionally been measured against. And, as with men, if you do not pass the tests, you are not assigned to a combat role.

LGBTs? Are you implying that gay men have an inherently reduced physical capacity to fulfill a combat role... "Once they're decimated, you send in the Powder Puff Brigade (gays) and they're slaughtered too."?

If your answer to this is "yes", then I think you're stupid. If you have a different answer, then I will possibly reach a different conclusion after hearing it.

Level 6

Location hidden

#99512 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
And I bet women make good drone pilots. However, Al Qaeda has shown the ability in Africa to penetrate far behind the front lines (if there actually are any "front lines"). If I was on the ground at this new base and they attacked, I wouldn't want a bunch of women around me. I'd want someone who could lug 50 lbs of ammo over to that firing position, refill 1000 lbs of sandbags in 1/2 hour and dig a trench in no time flat.
Now, if a girl drone pilot is back in Nevada operating her machine via satellite and she uses it to protect our base, good on her! But I think the two missions are not the same. Not even close.
Why do you insist on calling them girls?

These are grown women who are currently serving their country with honor in all kinds of dangerous roles.

Whether you agree with allowing them to serve in front line positions or not they deserve a hell-of-a-lot more respect than to be called "girls" by some keyboard warrior on a hole in net like Topix.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99513 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
And I bet women make good drone pilots. However, Al Qaeda has shown the ability in Africa to penetrate far behind the front lines (if there actually are any "front lines"). If I was on the ground at this new base and they attacked, I wouldn't want a bunch of women around me. I'd want someone who could lug 50 lbs of ammo over to that firing position, refill 1000 lbs of sandbags in 1/2 hour and dig a trench in no time flat.
Now, if a girl drone pilot is back in Nevada operating her machine via satellite and she uses it to protect our base, good on her! But I think the two missions are not the same. Not even close.
Colleges Begin Offering Degrees in Drone Flying

When we think of drones, we imagine the war on terror, unmanned surveillance planes dropping bombs on tribal regions of Pakistan or Afghanistan.

Yet the future of drones may look quite different than what we think of today. Many organizations are piloting drones for local police precincts, or animal surveillance. Between the Department of Defense and the contractors hoping to revolutionize the drone for domestic uses, the United States will need a number of pilots certified to operate these unmanned vehicles.

Read more: http://www.thetakeaway.org/2013/jan/30/degree...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99514 Feb 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
The President has Lied to us!
White House releases photo of Obama shooting at Camp David
Published February 02, 2013
FoxNews.com
"The president is holding the shotgun as one would hold and aim a rifle," said John H. Josselyn, legislative vice president for the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore Inc. "If the president were actually shooting on a skeet or trap range, he would have been wearing a belt with a shell bag or a shooting vest. This is a poorly staged publicity photo intended to deceive the public by portraying the president as something he is not."
Josselyn is a certified firearms instructor for the National Rifle Association and Maryland State Police.
Chris Chenowith, a member of the Carney Rod and Gun Club, outside Baltimore, pointed out the president has his right hand pretty far up the barrel.
"It gets awfully warm up there," he said. "He might have shot the gun like that, but not more than once."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/02/wh...
notice how the stock was placed in his shoulder, that had to hurt!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99515 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The first time I fired a shotgun I wasn't holding it firmly against my shoulder.
I had been warned about that, but I was excited. My dad and his brothers were shooting still board and it was the first time they let me have a go.
I may have been young, but that's a lesson you learn the first time.
My Uncle's got a good laugh out of it, but dad caught he*l from mom once the bruise came up.
LOL. Yep. Been there, done that. I had already worked with the 410, and I knew to press it against my shoulder. I just had no idea of the amount of kick of the deer rifle and wasn't planted either. I still remember my shoulder being bruised and sore for a LONG time.

I don't recall hearing anything negative about Israeli women in combat. They serve their country just as the men do. Honestly, if I didn't think I could handle it, I wouldn't enlist. Since we don't have the draft, women will have to decide for themselves which branch of service and whether or not they're willing to participate in that way. We don't have a draft at this time, so we aren't forcing women into the role.

Level 6

Location hidden

#99516 Feb 3, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
"As I said, if capability is not lessened and there's no extra cost, by all means bring on the women and LGBTs."
What? I believe that the women who will be assigned to combat positions will have to pass the same rigorous tests that men have traditionally been measured against. And, as with men, if you do not pass the tests, you are not assigned to a combat role.
LGBTs? Are you implying that gay men have an inherently reduced physical capacity to fulfill a combat role... "Once they're decimated, you send in the Powder Puff Brigade (gays) and they're slaughtered too."?
If your answer to this is "yes", then I think you're stupid. If you have a different answer, then I will possibly reach a different conclusion after hearing it.
"If your answer to this is "yes", then I think you're stupid."

Stupid doesn't begin to cover it.

Ignorant might be good place to start.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99518 Feb 3, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I use Bill Clinton as an example of Republicans sticking their noses into peoples private sex lives to show the level of hypocrisy & voyeurism that's rampant in that party. It ironic part here is that I have a list of Republican politicians who also had marital infidelities and why no stink about those? Newt Gingrich had how many wives? Then he even admitted to an open relationship yet Republicans never considered holding sex hearings on him.
For a party to pride themselves on God, morals, values and everything peachy under the sun, they really do the complete opposite of the morals & values they try to force other to adhere to.
Your post was answered many post ago! Have you forgotten already?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#99520 Feb 3, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a troll, not a patriot.
AL is as much of a patriotic troll as you are or as little of one as what you are not one to.

Level 6

Location hidden

#99522 Feb 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Yep. Been there, done that. I had already worked with the 410, and I knew to press it against my shoulder. I just had no idea of the amount of kick of the deer rifle and wasn't planted either. I still remember my shoulder being bruised and sore for a LONG time.
I don't recall hearing anything negative about Israeli women in combat. They serve their country just as the men do. Honestly, if I didn't think I could handle it, I wouldn't enlist. Since we don't have the draft, women will have to decide for themselves which branch of service and whether or not they're willing to participate in that way. We don't have a draft at this time, so we aren't forcing women into the role.
"I don't recall hearing anything negative about Israeli women in combat."

Israel allows women to serve in combat positions and they allow gay and lesbian people to serve.

I don't think anyone in the world is under the impression that the Israeli military is in any way weakened as a result.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99526 Feb 3, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that YOU are the one who is a coward that hides behind his second account. Well don't project that sae weakness on others because most people just are that limp wristed about things.
"So you are saying...."

There you go again. No matter what user ID you come up with, you always resort to reinterpreting what somebody says. No, cupcake. They say exactly what they mean to say, and if you have a QUESTION about that, ask. Don't befuddle your own peanut head trying to twist and translate. Thanks ever so much!

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#99529 Feb 3, 2013
Bikini Girls with Machine Guns ~ The Cramps
http://youtu.be/T-QbZCPrvl0

Level 6

Location hidden

#99530 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
Writes Edward Norton, a reservist in the Israel Defense Forces:“Women have always played an important role in the Israeli military, but they rarely see combat; if they do, it is usually by accident. No one in Israel, including feminists, has any objection to this situation. The fact that the Persian Gulf War has produced calls to allow women on the front lines proves only how atypical that war was and how little Americans really understand combat.”
“Few serious armies use women in combat roles. Israel, which drafts most of its young women and uses them in all kinds of military work, has learned from experience to take them out of combat zones. Tests show that few women have the upper-body strength required for combat tasks. Keeping combat forces all male would not be discriminatory, as were earlier racial segregation schemes in the military, because men and women are different both physically and psychologically.”
Psychologically different also applies to LGBTs. Thats' REALITY kiddies, not Liberal La La Land.
Gay men have served, killed and died right along side their heterosexual counterparts since before the founding of this republic.

Your ignorance and prejudice do not change that fact.

If you are under the impression that gay men are weak, effeminate or in anyway psychologically unqualified to serve in combat when compared to straight men then you need to stop talking and educate yourself.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99531 Feb 3, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have time to "follow the conversation". It was a simple question. No need to be such an azzhole about it.
LOL! He needs any and every little chance to feel important and knowledgeable about something. <cough, cough>

Level 6

Location hidden

#99533 Feb 3, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause they serve with boys, that's why!
Who do you think we use now for front line infantry combat, a bunch of old men? Yes, some old dudes are there, mostly to run things. But the overwhelming majority are young men, i.e. mere boys. They are at the peak of their physical strength and still under the illusion that they are immortal. Both are vital to a combat soldier.
That's retired keyboard soldier, a-hole. I did my duty. Did you?
This politically correct crap is just the kind of BS we'll be wasting time on with women and LGBTs. Every minute spent being indocrinated about what f*cking name they like to be called is a minute not used learning to fight wars. As I predicted, the cost is already going up, and for ZERO increase in capability.
"I did my duty. Did you?"

Yes, as a matter of fact I did and I have the Honorable Discharge to prove it.

So does my husband.

You got some kind of problem with that or is it just the fact that there are both female personnel and gay men that can not only do the job you did, but probably do it a lot better that bothers you?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99534 Feb 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>AL is as much of a patriotic troll as you are or as little of one as what you are not one to.
And you wonder why people don't grasp what you write. LMAO!
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99535 Feb 3, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
A moment of silence please;
Man charged in fatal shooting of ex-SEAL/author
STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP)— A 25-year-old man was charged with murder in connection with a shooting at a central Texas gun range that killed former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and his friend, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.
http://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-fatal-shoot...
Texas man arraigned on murder charges in shooting of "American Sniper"

In the wake of the slayings of 20 children and six adults at a school in Newtown, Connecticut in December, Kyle was interviewed in January about rising calls for curbing U.S. gun violence. He told the website guns com he favored arming teachers who have been screened and trained and spoke against restrictions on gun owners.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/03/us-...

Level 6

Location hidden

#99536 Feb 3, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that YOU are the one who is a coward that hides behind his second account. Well don't project that sae weakness on others because most people just are that limp wristed about things.
If I was hiding behind anything I wouldn't have had a public discussion with a mod about the legal advise I recieved to stop posting under my real name now would I?

You were there. A couple of banned accounts back.

You're bitter because you couldn't get me banned and you can't hold your own in a civil debate.

I see another meltdown in your future.

Probably won't take long either.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 24 min Cat74 205
News China Passes Mexico as the Top Source of New U.... 2 hr goonsquad 4
News The Deported 2 hr tomin cali 1
News Republicans are not compassionate 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 73
News Action Over Illegal Immigration Raises Rigid De... 4 hr Earl 91
News Immigration Fight Could Return to House This Month 5 hr Who Guessed it 39
News Baltimore protests: Thousands participate in ma... 9 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
More from around the web