The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
83,841 - 83,860 of 253,358 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be wasting a lot of your time telling us what you think of the proposal being made rather than telling us what you think of what the proposal actually says.
What's so productive about that?
Immigration reform is coming and if the people don't discuss alternative ideas and put pressure on their elected representatives to include those ideas in the final outcome then we are simply going to be saddled with Washington's latest version of amnesty and a path to citizenship.
Is that what you want, because that's exactly what you're going to get if we don't get busy and get invovled.
"NO" isn't an option anymore if it ever really was in the first place and right now may be our last chance to do something about it.
Ummmm I have made several post about the senate's guidelines.. I am not posting about a pipe dream just hard facts.. If I wanted to comment on a pipe dream I would ask Ralff to repost the BP officers plan..

Eagle

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I could have cared less what Bill did, his problem wasn't sex, his problem was lying about it, when caught!
If you are going to fiddle around, make sure you fiddle with tight lipped fiddler and not in the Oval Office.
People like you have to believe that it was great to allow Ken Starr to spend $90 million dollars to attack Clinton because no other U.S. presidents have been unfaithful to their wives.
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never proved me a liar, higgans. In your sick mind, maybe. You're just here to argue and belittle people who disagree. I've told you, I'm not interested in conversing with you.
and, yet, again...

YOU do!:)
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Warm temps are near, Punxsutawney Phil predicts!
Yea! It's snowing outside right now. Looking forward to spring.
Lilburn's groundhog calls for 6 more weeks of winter

There's good news and bad news for those of you who are ready for an early spring.

The famous groundhog Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow in Pennsylvania, meaning spring is right around the corner, but here in the South we have our own forecasting groundhog named Gen. Beau Lee out at the Yellow River Game Ranch in Gwinnett County.

Beau did see his shadow, meaning six more weeks of winter.

Read more: http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20942132/lilb...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a cr@ppy thing to say about your hard-working fellow Americans.
THIS is "STUFF" that should have BEEN KNOWN "before" graduating High School!

O
R

NO Diploma!

THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT CARE what 'Country' "you" came FROM!

O
R

Language "you" SPEAK!

IF you can't SPEAK "English" ...
YOU should have NEVER been given AMERICAN citizenship!

THAT IS THE LAW!

IT is NOT that HARD to get a GED!
Just a little bit of STYDYING!

I'm TIRED of having to PUNCH one(1) for English on TELEPHONE CALLS!

COMPASS® Reading Test - COMP
Reading Placement Test
A multiple-choice test that helps you determine if your students have the reading skills they need to succeed in standard entry-level college courses.

Five types of reading comprehension passages are included:

Practical Reading
Prose Fiction
Humanities
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences
Sample Reading Test Questions (PDF; 11 pages, 612KB)
Reading Diagnostics Tests
Evaluate your students' specific skills in the areas of

Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary

http://www.act.org/compass/tests/reading.html

Reading Placement Test Sample Items
© 2004 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved. 5

1. Who is telling this story?
A. Jennifer
B. Andy
C. Tim
D. Andy’s father
E. An unnamed narrator

2. What is the most reasonable conclusion to make from the statement in the first
paragraph,“He felt sick.”?

A. Eating xoi with his father gave Andy a stomachache.
B. Andy was upset when he saw Jennifer holding hands with Tim.
C. Andy was unhappy about the restaurant his father had selected.
D. Andy was upset with Jennifer for making him miss the party.
E. Andy mistakenly thought that Tim was his best friend.

3. According to the passage, Tim would most likely describe the party as:

A. mysterious.
B. lively.
C. dull.
D. upsetting.
E. remarkable.

4. Based on the last paragraph, it can be most reasonably inferred that Andy’s
increasing enjoyment of eating xôi was related to:

A. hearing Tim and Jennifer laughing and talking.
B. the fact that it stuck to his fingernails.
C. sitting at a table with Tim and Jennifer while he ate.
D. the fact that his father made the xôi.
E. seeing Tim and Jennifer eating xôi.

5. This passage is mainly about the relationship between:

A. Andy and his father.
B. Andy and Tim.
C. Andy’s father and Tim.
D. Jennifer and Tim.
E. Jennifer and Andy.

http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Hi AL!! Started this post five minute ago, all I got posted was, Hi AL then nothing, had to go to home and come back.
Most days it is a major task to get one sentence posted.
I "know" exactly WHAT you mean!
Point IS, "you" did NOT give up! <3
Let's Hang in THERE "together" ... ;0)

Along with the REST of the Patriots!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Immigration Plan Hinges on Definition of Secure Borders

Critics of illegal immigration aren't mollified by the security component in the Senate plan. "It's a gimmick," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, who says the government has promised for decades to better track exits of visa holders and other measures. "If the government hasn't kept its old promises, how long will we have to wait for them to honor the new promises they're going to make?"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

As I stated its all smoke and mirrors..

Eagle
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
Critics of illegal immigration aren't mollified by the security component in the Senate plan. "It's a gimmick," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, who says the government has promised for decades to better track exits of visa holders and other measures. "If the government hasn't kept its old promises, how long will we have to wait for them to honor the new promises they're going to make?"
Eagle
Jay ‘Baghdad Bob’ Carney says borders more secure ‘than ever in history’

Unfortunately for Carney, the Washington Times released a report on the same day he was making his historic declaration, and it showed that “the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nation’s southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.” More from that story:

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/01/30/jay-ba...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you have to believe that it was great to allow Ken Starr to spend $90 million dollars to attack Clinton because no other U.S. presidents have been unfaithful to their wives.
Bill knows this song well!!
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

New border security relies heavily on drones to hunt illegal immigrants

The Obama administration argues it's made huge strides on border security during its four years in office.

Illegal crossings are down dramatically from their high in the middle of the last decade.

But a recent Government Accountability Office report found that the Border Patrol still captures only about 60 percent of all estimated illegal border crossers, and found that while the number of apprehensions of illegal immigrants is down, drug seizures are up — suggesting traffic is increasing.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for Carney, the Washington Times released a report on the same day he was making his historic declaration, and it showed that “the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nation’s southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.” More from that story:
We all know for a fact enforcement will never be complete and no green cards will be issued to illegals.. Its all just a dream and will fade in time..

Garth Brooks - More Than A Memory (With Lyrics)

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Arizona Border Residents Skeptical Of Latest Immigration Plans

The meeting was the first of two that Barber is holding. It followed a revealing audit from the Government Accountability Office that showed most of the U.S. Border Patrol’s resources in its busiest region, the Tucson sector, aren’t actually on the border.

Rebecca Gambler is the GAO auditor who extrapolated the numbers. "Fifty-seven percent of agent workdays are scheduled for interior zones which do not have miles on the border," she said.

In other words, last fiscal year, less than half of the hours worked by agents in the Tucson Sector were actually spent working on the border.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jan/29/arizona-...

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
They're called placement testing and just about everyone has to take them. Had you gone to college, you too would have taken those exact tests. Apparently the furthest you've gone with higher education is when you get educated here on Topix.
I "did" go to college!
That's HOW I found OUT about THEM! ;0)

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is "STUFF" that should have BEEN KNOWN "before" graduating High School!
O
R
NO Diploma!
THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!
I do NOT CARE what 'Country' "you" came FROM!
O
R
Language "you" SPEAK!
IF you can't SPEAK "English" ...
YOU should have NEVER been given AMERICAN citizenship!
THAT IS THE LAW!
IT is NOT that HARD to get a GED!
Just a little bit of STYDYING!
I'm TIRED of having to PUNCH one(1) for English on TELEPHONE CALLS!
COMPASS® Reading Test - COMP
Reading Placement Test
A multiple-choice test that helps you determine if your students have the reading skills they need to succeed in standard entry-level college courses.
Five types of reading comprehension passages are included:
Practical Reading
Prose Fiction
Humanities
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences
Sample Reading Test Questions (PDF; 11 pages, 612KB)
Reading Diagnostics Tests
Evaluate your students' specific skills in the areas of
Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary
http://www.act.org/compass/tests/reading.html
Reading Placement Test Sample Items
© 2004 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved. 5
1. Who is telling this story?
A. Jennifer
B. Andy
C. Tim
D. Andy’s father
E. An unnamed narrator
2. What is the most reasonable conclusion to make from the statement in the first
paragraph,“He felt sick.”?
A. Eating xoi with his father gave Andy a stomachache.
B. Andy was upset when he saw Jennifer holding hands with Tim.
C. Andy was unhappy about the restaurant his father had selected.
D. Andy was upset with Jennifer for making him miss the party.
E. Andy mistakenly thought that Tim was his best friend.
3. According to the passage, Tim would most likely describe the party as:
A. mysterious.
B. lively.
C. dull.
D. upsetting.
E. remarkable.
4. Based on the last paragraph, it can be most reasonably inferred that Andy’s
increasing enjoyment of eating xôi was related to:
A. hearing Tim and Jennifer laughing and talking.
B. the fact that it stuck to his fingernails.
C. sitting at a table with Tim and Jennifer while he ate.
D. the fact that his father made the xôi.
E. seeing Tim and Jennifer eating xôi.
5. This passage is mainly about the relationship between:
A. Andy and his father.
B. Andy and Tim.
C. Andy’s father and Tim.
D. Jennifer and Tim.
E. Jennifer and Andy.
http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading...
You seem to have a serious misconception about both why a person would attend a "technical" college and the requirements to legally immigrate to the United States.

As far as immigration, unless I'm mistaken, there is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English before they come here, only that they have a functional command of the language when they actually apply for citizenship.

If I'm wrong could you show me a link to a source that says different?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
Eagle
Smoke and mirrors that has a better chance of passing than you think.

Would it be better to get involved and put some real teeth into the legislation, or just mock it and end up with a general amnesty and not much else?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke and mirrors that has a better chance of passing than you think.
Would it be better to get involved and put some real teeth into the legislation, or just mock it and end up with a general amnesty and not much else?
You are a far left nutcase and I have no intentions of discussing it with you.. I will digest what is proposed by the senate and house and go from there.. The other day you stated I shouldn't post about your little fairy tales and I have no plans on doing so..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a serious misconception about both why a person would attend a "technical" college and the requirements to legally immigrate to the United States.
As far as immigration, unless I'm mistaken, there is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English before they come here, only that they have a functional command of the language when they actually apply for citizenship.
If I'm wrong could you show me a link to a source that says different?
I "could" call you a "libTARDIAN" but I won't!
I'll LET my POST speak for ME!
``````````

Who Can Apply for U.S. Citizenship <<---<<<
Find out who is eligible for U.S. citizenship and how to apply.

The Eligibility Criteria <<<---<<< !!!

If you are interested in applying for U.S. citizenship, first make sure that all of the following apply to you:

you have lived in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least five years (with exceptions for refugees, people who get their green card through asylum, spouses of U.S. citizens, and U.S. military personnel)

you have been physically present in the United States for at least half of the last five years

you have lived in the district or state where you are filing your application for at least three months

you have not spent more than a year outside the United States

you have not made your primary home in another country

you are at least 18 years old

you have good moral character <<---<<<

you are able to speak, read, and write in English <<---<<<

you are able to pass a test covering U.S. history and government (based on questions provided by USCIS), <3

and

you are willing to swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the United States. <3

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applyi...

dumchit! ;0)
*snicker*
Couldn't HELP myself!
I know it wasn't "real" ladylike ...
BUT a Lady can FEEL vindicated & good about showing UP a dipstick that THINKS he "knows" it ALL! <3

On a board FILLED w/Vipers!
You know ... SNAKES!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>As the laws stand now I am not in violation of any gun laws.
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have acquired all the firearms I own through private sales and inheritance. It's not illegal to own a firearm and there are no laws requiring me to register the firearms that I own. However, I believe that the gun control legislation being proposed is a start at forcing all law abiding citizens who have a firearm to report their weapons and pay a fee or a fine.
Currently, If I sell a firearm to an acquaintance there is no law requiring me to fill out papers or run a background check on my acquaintance. He/she simply hands me what I want and I had him/her what she wants.
If the proposed legislation turns to law, I will have to comply with the same requirements as a licensed gun dealer or face fines and perhaps imprisonment. Should I follow the law, I would have to bring my merchandise and prospective customer to a licensed dealer, pay that licensed dealer a fee and hope that licensed dealer doesn't steal my customer after passing the background check.
Not only would this legislation screw private citizens wanting to sell or trade, it would also create tens of thousands of soft targets for federal agents to make a name for themselves busting private citizens who are now criminals for doing what they have been doing for centuries.
The Agency enforcing the proposed legislation would go to congress asking for thousands of new agents needed to enforce the rampant criminal activity and congress will approve the request and borrow hundreds of billions to fund it.
This proposed legislation is not about saving lives. It's all about money, power and control for the proponents and it will not stop with assault rifles and high capacity magazines. It will only lead to the end of the 2nd amendment and the beginning of tyranny.
That is exactly what I should have said to Jaxxon if he had worded his post differently to me instead of trying to back me into a corner. with rhetoric.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a far left nutcase and I have no intentions of discussing it with you.. I will digest what is proposed by the senate and house and go from there.. The other day you stated I shouldn't post about your little fairy tales and I have no plans on doing so..
Eagle
I was commenting on the what is being proposed by the senate and the house ya moron.

It was an on topic comment about what you had posted so take your attitude and your fairy tale and shove it.

You don't want to discuss it with me then don't, but I'll comment when I feel like it.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"It will only lead to the end of the 2nd amendment and the beginning of tyranny."
Rhetoric, propoganda, nonsense and paranoia, or is this more of that sarcasm that I never quite get?

We've already been hoodwinked by the government and industry when we allowed a law requiring that our cars be registered. That was a boon for big government allowing the creation of the department of motor vehicles. People who would never keep a job in the private sector because of their rudeness, arrogance and ignorance find a lifetime career as a result of the law. Of course, once they got control of that piece of private property, they are free to expand upon that control by forcing a property owner to purchase insurance thus enriching those who sell insurance. Governments are free to add additional fees based upon the value of that private property. There is really no need to register a vehicle anymore than a need to register bicycles or register a horse carriage but the government will never eliminate the law requiring license plates because the industry surrounding the law makes too much money off of it and they would never allow their representatives to take away from those laws. They will advocate adding to the law as long as they can make a buck.

That's what they are doing with gun control law. Legislating against other peoples private property. They are not against the property that they own. Just the types of guns that other people own. When enough people agree to that to pass it into law, the next group of law makers will expand upon it adding more types of guns and more paperwork rules and fees and fines. Eventually, all private citizens who own a gun will be listed in a central database and be required to purchase insurance for that right and to ensure the insurance doesn't expire, the registration will expire and more fees and taxes and photo ID's and training certificates and refresher certification and fees and taxes and fines and documentation...it's a slippery slope and a cash cow for bureaucrats and anyone in the gun control industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••