The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99450 Feb 3, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dealing with a person who once took a "COMP TEST" in college... go figure!!!
"She" keeps insisting that she went to college.

I keep thinking that college should probably lose it's accreditation.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#99451 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Help me out here, folks. I am confused with some liberal thinking, on one side they think football is too dangerous, violent, whatever, and Obamam wouldn't want a son, if he had one, to play.
You are confused because your brain is cross wired to believe that football is important and war is a game.
teddyr4me wrote:
Then, in another breath, we are now going to allow women to fight in the front lines...couldn', no, shouldn't we consider that to be dangerous and a violent circumstance for them?
Women have been fighting, killing and dieing for at least a decade. We are simply accepting the fact that there is no such thing as a "Front Line" in war anymore.
teddyr4me wrote:
Why is one okay, and the other is not? Do these people even know what they really want???
One is a game of choice. The other is not.
teddyr4me wrote:
Would Obama feel comfortable with his daughters going to war?
The question should be: "Is this a war of choice?" If we have a choice, we shouldn't send anyone's sons or daughters into harms way. If we have no choice, we should sent the entire nation into service to ensure a rapid end to the conflict.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99452 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
The right will attack Obama on anything. So Obama would not want put his son into football. Neither would I but if my son wants to then "giter done". If my daughter wants to join the military... then godspeed to her.
I don't know why people insist on telling others what they can and cannot do.
Oh, I get it. Was there an implication that he was being hypocritical?

My son played football and used his athletics to pay for his college education but his athletic career was not without risk and physical sacrifice.

If he hadn't truly loved the sport, I would have seriously considered steering him towards other outlets, especially knowing what I know now about concussions and the rate of incident of brain injury. The game will have to change a little bit if they want to be considered in compliance with changing health concerns.

I feel the same way as you do in regards to my daughter in the military. I wouldn't especially like it but would have to support it.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99453 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
I hope you know I was just kidding T...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99454 Feb 3, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Really! well these illegals aren't customers, and I don't work FOR ANY BUSINESS. I work for the state. And when I said I have a job to do, it's a daily thing EVERYWHERE....It just so happens you can be anywhere and come across daily with illegals who want your attention by letting you see how arrogant and unruly they can be in a country where they're not welcomed by me. So my job is to let them know it by speaking ONLY ENGLISH weather they understand or not. This can be in a store, a restaurant, a bank, etc. ANYWHERE. This is my job OUTSIDE OF MY JOB!
I'm surprised you haven't had your azz beat to a pulp the way you portray yourself in public. Surely, you're 100% hyperbole here.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99455 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
When you start with the women should not do this or that crap and you set barriers.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99457 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that someone with permanent resident status can stay here their entire life without ever actually becoming a citizen.
If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will provide a link.
Not all legal immigrants follow the process through all the way and become naturalized citizens.
'grunt seems to think that naturalization and permanent residency are the same thing, but then again 'grunt isn't the smartest sock on this thread.
To recap where 'grunt and AL went off track last night.
There is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English when they come here.
There is a requirement that they demonstrate a functional command of the English language before they can become citizens.
Two different things.
My girlfriends father is a naturalized citizen and her mother is a permanent resident. She's had that status for 40 years.
USA Huh

Hampton, VA

#99458 Feb 3, 2013
US Embassy attacked in Turkey, Unemployment rises again, and middle class income declines again. Big headline: Super Bowl. US news ignores the crumbling empire called the USA.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99459 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Turns out one of the people I am no longer bothering with was using two different accounts to attack anything and everything I post even if they have to twist the facts just a little to do it.
To become a citizen an immigrant DOES have to demonstrate a reasonable command of the English language and I had mentioned that from my very first post on the subject, but there is no requirement that they be able to speak English before they are allowed to immigrate here.
Thanks and you have a good day too.
One other thing that these "English Only" people forget.... even if an immigrant obtains legal status as a permanent resident or even a naturalized citizen, they're under no obligation to ever speak English again and especially to them.

This is where they all fumble the ball, they fight tooth and nail to force these people to speak English to get citizenship but once the immigrant gets citizenship... these new Americans don't have to speak a lick of English ever again.

The irony is that these very people believe that government should stay out of people's lives, yet they want government to regulate only opposite-gender marriages, what a woman does with her uterus and what your official language should be.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99460 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
My son played football and used his athletics to pay for his college education but his athletic career was not without risk and physical sacrifice.
If he hadn't truly loved the sport, I would have seriously considered steering him towards other outlets, especially knowing what I know now about concussions and the rate of incident of brain injury. The game will have to change a little bit if they want to be considered in compliance with changing health concerns.
I feel the same way as you do in regards to my daughter in the military. I wouldn't especially like it but would have to support it.
I don't see that women are forced into combat. Rather, I read that women will be permitted into combat. I suppose that would be a consideration when a woman enlists. My daughter was in the Air Force, and while she is considered a war veteran, she was not on the battlefield itself. Her regret is that her vision prevented her from pilot training. In that role, it's not a matter of brawn. It's a matter of skill and training and quick response with the same odds and risks regardless of gender. I'd steer any of mine away from football.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#99464 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is "STUFF" that should have BEEN KNOWN "before" graduating High School!
O
R
NO Diploma!
THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!
I do NOT CARE what 'Country' "you" came FROM!
O
R
Language "you" SPEAK!
IF you can't SPEAK "English" ...
YOU should have NEVER been given AMERICAN citizenship!
THAT IS THE LAW!
IT is NOT that HARD to get a GED!
Just a little bit of STYDYING!
I'm TIRED of having to PUNCH one(1) for English on TELEPHONE CALLS!
COMPASS Reading Test - COMP
Reading Placement Test
A multiple-choice test that helps you determine if your students have the reading skills they need to succeed in standard entry-level college courses.
Five types of reading comprehension passages are included:
Practical Reading
Prose Fiction
Humanities
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences
Sample Reading Test Questions (PDF; 11 pages, 612KB)
Reading Diagnostics Tests
Evaluate your students' specific skills in the areas of
Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary
http://www.act.org/compass/tests/reading.html
Reading Placement Test Sample Items
2004 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved. 5
1. Who is telling this story?
A. Jennifer
B. Andy
C. Tim
D. Andys father
E. An unnamed narrator
2. What is the most reasonable conclusion to make from the statement in the first
paragraph,He felt sick.?
A. Eating xoi with his father gave Andy a stomachache.
B. Andy was upset when he saw Jennifer holding hands with Tim.
C. Andy was unhappy about the restaurant his father had selected.
D. Andy was upset with Jennifer for making him miss the party.
E. Andy mistakenly thought that Tim was his best friend.
3. According to the passage, Tim would most likely describe the party as:
A. mysterious.
B. lively.
C. dull.
D. upsetting.
E. remarkable.
4. Based on the last paragraph, it can be most reasonably inferred that Andys
increasing enjoyment of eating xi was related to:
A. hearing Tim and Jennifer laughing and talking.
B. the fact that it stuck to his fingernails.
C. sitting at a table with Tim and Jennifer while he ate.
D. the fact that his father made the xi.
E. seeing Tim and Jennifer eating xi.
5. This passage is mainly about the relationship between:
A. Andy and his father.
B. Andy and Tim.
C. Andys father and Tim.
D. Jennifer and Tim.
E. Jennifer and Andy.
http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading...
I was commenting on your derogatory comment toward people who attend technical college.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99465 Feb 3, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is a requirement that they demonstrate a functional command of the English language before they can become citizens.
Two different things"
How many tiomes do have to post the government link that proves they don't jaxxon? Are you incapable or comprehending?
You're mistaken. You are the one who posted that people are not allowed to immigrate unless they have a command of the English language. Not true. They cannot apply for Naturalization (to become citizens) without a command of English. You need to go back and read your first post again. You apparently misspoke initially, and Jaxx simply corrected you.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99467 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"She" keeps insisting that she went to college.
I keep thinking that college should probably lose it's accreditation.
A person who went to college doesn't have to constantly claim they went to college. You can tell by their grandiloquence.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#99468 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
A person who went to college doesn't have to constantly claim they went to college. You can tell by their grandiloquence.
I learned a new word! Thanks, Rico!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99471 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
CAPTAIN CAAAAAVEMAN!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YD36ZhpHPpEXX
***snicker snicker***** heeheeehee
Ha, just you wait!!! I'll get you back!!! ;) LOL
Quirky The Eye

Denver, CO

#99472 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you know I was just kidding T...
Answering a post for Rico? Uh , Duh !
Quirky The Eye

Denver, CO

#99473 Feb 3, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned a new word! Thanks, Rico!
You never learn. Too Dingy ! LOLOLOL

Oh , Wait .. I hope you know I`m just kidding .. LMAO!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99474 Feb 3, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
You my dear are a moron.
"applicants, because of age and time as a permanent resident, are exempt from the English"
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuit...
Jaxxon insist that everyone is required and that simply is not true and after I informed him of it with the link he continued. That makes him a liar.
Let's go back again to the beginning of this exchange. It was you who stated that immigrants had to speak English in order to immigrate. Jack informed you that this was not true. You can immigrate to America not speaking English at all.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#99477 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You're not a patriot.
AL is as much as a patriot as you are or as little of one as what you are not one to.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99481 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, I get it. Was there an implication that he was being hypocritical"

That's where the right is taking this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5Full transcript of President Obamaa s White Ho... 1 min Earl 7
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 1 hr Earl 148
News A Republican Slap In The Face To Latinos and Hi... 1 hr wild child 5
News 2 Hall County teens struggle to care for their ... 2 hr wild child 3
News Scott Walker's Immigration Shift at Odds With K... 2 hr Le Jimbo 80
News Snarking Clinton Is Not the Way to the White House 2 hr Who Guessed it 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Sweepyface 137,949
More from around the web