The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336550 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

ima

El Paso, TX

#99436 Feb 3, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the only person who believes your methodical BS is you. I have never known a business who allows its employees to treat a customer like sh*t and be successful.
Really! well these illegals aren't customers, and I don't work FOR ANY BUSINESS. I work for the state. And when I said I have a job to do, it's a daily thing EVERYWHERE....It just so happens you can be anywhere and come across daily with illegals who want your attention by letting you see how arrogant and unruly they can be in a country where they're not welcomed by me. So my job is to let them know it by speaking ONLY ENGLISH weather they understand or not. This can be in a store, a restaurant, a bank, etc. ANYWHERE. This is my job OUTSIDE OF MY JOB!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99437 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow... you really paint yourself as the me Tarzan you Jane... drag you by your hair and you like it, stay in the kitchen where you belong kind of woman.
Whatever.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99438 Feb 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder why Obama wants to add 11 million illegal aliens to the mix!
REALITY CHECK!!!

It's not just Obama... you have Republicans on board also.

Making 11 million illegal aliens legal subjects them all to the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA. There is a 48-60 month lifetime allowance on welfare. This means that they'll be eligible to work and be placed into welfare to work programs that wean them off welfare.

So long as improved border enforcement keeps out another wave of illegal aliens... this will in fact reduce the amount of welfare that this group of people will receive.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99439 Feb 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we allow PR's a indefinite amount of time?? And how long can someone stay on probationary status if it gets passed?? There should be time limits in my opinion..
Eagle
My understanding is that someone with permanent resident status can stay here their entire life without ever actually becoming a citizen.

If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will provide a link.

Not all legal immigrants follow the process through all the way and become naturalized citizens.

'grunt seems to think that naturalization and permanent residency are the same thing, but then again 'grunt isn't the smartest sock on this thread.

To recap where 'grunt and AL went off track last night.

There is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English when they come here.

There is a requirement that they demonstrate a functional command of the English language before they can become citizens.

Two different things.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99440 Feb 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
WH Adviser Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Checks Actually ‘Good For’ & ‘Stimulate’ Economy
Try to wrap your head around this one (which is actually an old argument) from White House adviser Valerie Jarrett: according to her, unemployment checks — in some round about way — are actually “good for” and “stimulate” the economy:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/02/22/wh...
Why are you against an insurance program that all Americans pay into? This is ironic coming from you a retired person who collects a social security check.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99441 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
CAPTAIN CAAAAAVEMAN!!!

***snicker snicker***** heeheeehee

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99442 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was darlin'.
I was just following the conversation through to the point where "immigrunt" messed up and forgot to change his socks before he replied to you.
Have someone explain it to you.
You're dealing with a person who once took a "COMP TEST" in college... go figure!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99443 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some several aspects to consider with these two issues.
In playing football, we are initially talking about young people, young brains, still forming and at highly susceptible to the high incident of brain injury in a collision sport like football. The science on football in recent years has determined that players are experiencing far more incidents of damage than previously recorded.
First off, in the case of females participating in combat situations, we are talking about adults engaging in the service to their country. Yes it's dangerous, but it's not a game and in my opinion, the higher risk is for a higher purpose. While the physical curve still exists between a male and a female it is not the equivalent to competitive football.
Football is a sport that relies heavily and constantly on speed and power that would put most females at an immediate physical disadvantage.
While in combat, there is always the potential for encountering situations where speed and power may be required, it involves a much wider range of skills and training with weapons and overall survival. It's not like in a football game where the entire emphasis is on speed and power where women would constantly be at a physical disadvantage.
Women with the proper training can be just as lethal as a man perfectly capable of defending themselves but in reality, there's little comparison between a football game and combat.
The right will attack Obama on anything. So Obama would not want put his son into football. Neither would I but if my son wants to then "giter done". If my daughter wants to join the military... then godspeed to her.

I don't know why people insist on telling others what they can and cannot do.

Level 6

Since: Feb 07

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#99444 Feb 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we allow PR's a indefinite amount of time?? And how long can someone stay on probationary status if it gets passed?? There should be time limits in my opinion..
Eagle
What are PR's?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99445 Feb 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that everyone knows that you changed that post and added the sexual molestation aspect to it. Forget about that you are trying portray Rico as the pervert.
Think about it..
1. Those perverted thoughts came from your brain
2. You think it's funny to make such implications
3. You are slandering and libeling two separate individuals
4. You are cowardly doing all this behind the guise of anonymity
5. You are likely one of the regular Conservatives regulars that post here under another name.
6. and has an unhealthy attraction to Rico!!!!

heheehehe!!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#99446 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I see...have a good one.
Turns out one of the people I am no longer bothering with was using two different accounts to attack anything and everything I post even if they have to twist the facts just a little to do it.

To become a citizen an immigrant DOES have to demonstrate a reasonable command of the English language and I had mentioned that from my very first post on the subject, but there is no requirement that they be able to speak English before they are allowed to immigrate here.

Thanks and you have a good day too.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#99447 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that someone with permanent resident status can stay here their entire life without ever actually becoming a citizen.
If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will provide a link.
Not all legal immigrants follow the process through all the way and become naturalized citizens.
'grunt seems to think that naturalization and permanent residency are the same thing, but then again 'grunt isn't the smartest sock on this thread.
To recap where 'grunt and AL went off track last night.
There is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English when they come here.
There is a requirement that they demonstrate a functional command of the English language before they can become citizens.
Two different things.
My aunt has been a PR for 50 years now.. Actually she's retired and draws SS and medicare.. She worked for it but I never could understand why she didn't become a citizen.. Its just seems to me there should be some kind of a time limit..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#99448 Feb 3, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
What are PR's?
Follow the conversation.. PR's = permanent resident..

Eagle

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99449 Feb 3, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, Maybe the moral to the story is women are tougher than any son of Obama's would be.
Sorry.
Well, no, I guess I'm not.
Women have what a man does not have. Their pain threshold is more higher {they have babies} and they can bleed for 7 days and not die {menstrual cycle}.

Those are characteristics that any solider on the field would need when faced with combat.

So I tip my hat to any woman who enlist in the Armed forces and ends up on the front lines.

Level 6

Location hidden

#99450 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You're dealing with a person who once took a "COMP TEST" in college... go figure!!!
"She" keeps insisting that she went to college.

I keep thinking that college should probably lose it's accreditation.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#99451 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Help me out here, folks. I am confused with some liberal thinking, on one side they think football is too dangerous, violent, whatever, and Obamam wouldn't want a son, if he had one, to play.
You are confused because your brain is cross wired to believe that football is important and war is a game.
teddyr4me wrote:
Then, in another breath, we are now going to allow women to fight in the front lines...couldn', no, shouldn't we consider that to be dangerous and a violent circumstance for them?
Women have been fighting, killing and dieing for at least a decade. We are simply accepting the fact that there is no such thing as a "Front Line" in war anymore.
teddyr4me wrote:
Why is one okay, and the other is not? Do these people even know what they really want???
One is a game of choice. The other is not.
teddyr4me wrote:
Would Obama feel comfortable with his daughters going to war?
The question should be: "Is this a war of choice?" If we have a choice, we shouldn't send anyone's sons or daughters into harms way. If we have no choice, we should sent the entire nation into service to ensure a rapid end to the conflict.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99452 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
The right will attack Obama on anything. So Obama would not want put his son into football. Neither would I but if my son wants to then "giter done". If my daughter wants to join the military... then godspeed to her.
I don't know why people insist on telling others what they can and cannot do.
Oh, I get it. Was there an implication that he was being hypocritical?

My son played football and used his athletics to pay for his college education but his athletic career was not without risk and physical sacrifice.

If he hadn't truly loved the sport, I would have seriously considered steering him towards other outlets, especially knowing what I know now about concussions and the rate of incident of brain injury. The game will have to change a little bit if they want to be considered in compliance with changing health concerns.

I feel the same way as you do in regards to my daughter in the military. I wouldn't especially like it but would have to support it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99453 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
I hope you know I was just kidding T...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99454 Feb 3, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Really! well these illegals aren't customers, and I don't work FOR ANY BUSINESS. I work for the state. And when I said I have a job to do, it's a daily thing EVERYWHERE....It just so happens you can be anywhere and come across daily with illegals who want your attention by letting you see how arrogant and unruly they can be in a country where they're not welcomed by me. So my job is to let them know it by speaking ONLY ENGLISH weather they understand or not. This can be in a store, a restaurant, a bank, etc. ANYWHERE. This is my job OUTSIDE OF MY JOB!
I'm surprised you haven't had your azz beat to a pulp the way you portray yourself in public. Surely, you're 100% hyperbole here.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99455 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
When you start with the women should not do this or that crap and you set barriers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump lashes out at lawyer over breast pump 4 hr see the light 17
News Rising murders of citizens by illegal aliens bl... 4 hr see the light 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr American Werewolves 138,662
News Jindal: Bush 'got it wrong' on immigration 4 hr Drama Central 15
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 86
News Ann Coulter: GOP Candidates "A Bunch of P*ssies... 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 302
News 276 sanctuary cities have released more than 17... 7 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 13
More from around the web