The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 332915 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#99391 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

The increased unemployment is actually a GOOD sign. How that possible?

Economics 101.

Previously, lots of people were not in the labor force and simply stopped looking for work and they were no longer captured by unemployment numbers (accordingly, unemployment numbers can actually decrease during a recession), but as the economy improves, these individuals are now actively seeking work again and captured by unemployment data. Ergo, unemployment numbers can actually increase at the beginning of a economic recovery. This phenomena is covered in your typical intro to macro econ class.
Still doubt that the Republican party is the anti-education party?
Source or Link??

Level 8

#99392 Feb 3, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

It's so much more honorable to let one's family suffer from hunger and/or malnutrition and burden American taxpayers with paying for the increase in treating the medical expenses of such individuals than for such individuals to simply ask for some assistance.

And it's assistance that they've already paid for with their tax dollars. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Makes you wonder why Obama wants to add 11 million illegal aliens to the mix!

Level 8

#99393 Feb 3, 2013
WH Adviser Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Checks Actually ‘Good For’ & ‘Stimulate’ Economy

Try to wrap your head around this one (which is actually an old argument) from White House adviser Valerie Jarrett: according to her, unemployment checks — in some round about way — are actually “good for” and “stimulate” the economy:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/02/22/wh...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99395 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding, ding, ding ...
u r NOT a "winner" ...
Those are NOT me!:)
Never said it was darlin'.

I was just following the conversation through to the point where "immigrunt" messed up and forgot to change his socks before he replied to you.

Have someone explain it to you.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#99396 Feb 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Now you aren't big on states' rights? If the law is unconstitutional, it will work its' way up through the court system and eventually be overturned.
At any rate, that's State government, not the Federal government:
NY Passes Toughest Gun Ban In Nation
http://www.therightperspective.org/2013/01/16...
New York became the first state in America to respond to last month’s tragic mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut by passing the country’s strongest laws against gun ownership on Tuesday.
The state’s senate, which is controlled by a coalition of REPUBLICANS (emphasis added) and five breakaway Democrats, voted for the bill by a lopsided vote of 43 – 18 late Monday night.(cont.)
Of course I am.
There was no debate.
A complete railroad job.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99397 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>It appears that in part of the process, there will be an interview to see if one understands the questions and can reasonably answer the quuestions in English.
http://voices.yahoo.com/us-citizenship-interv...
There's no question about the requirement that a person needs to have a functional command of the English language to become a citizen.

I've said that several times now.

AL originally said that an immigrant had to be able to speak English before they were allowed to come here in the first place and she was wrong.

She also seems to think that most people go to a technical college to learn English.

She was wrong about that too.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#99398 Feb 3, 2013
Patriot Warrior wrote:
Should we make people pay back food stamps and welfare benefits?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paris-tx/T5VG...
"Just a Little"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ec1qcyWrkYUXX
Enforce workfare? With a data base of those who receive benefits?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99399 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is "STUFF" that should have BEEN KNOWN "before" graduating High School!
O
R
NO Diploma!
THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!
I do NOT CARE what 'Country' "you" came FROM!
O
R
Language "you" SPEAK!
IF you can't SPEAK "English" ...
YOU should have NEVER been given AMERICAN citizenship!
THAT IS THE LAW!
IT is NOT that HARD to get a GED!
Just a little bit of STYDYING!
I'm TIRED of having to PUNCH one(1) for English on TELEPHONE CALLS!
COMPASS® Reading Test - COMP
Reading Placement Test
A multiple-choice test that helps you determine if your students have the reading skills they need to succeed in standard entry-level college courses.
Five types of reading comprehension passages are included:
Practical Reading
Prose Fiction
Humanities
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences
Sample Reading Test Questions (PDF; 11 pages, 612KB)
Reading Diagnostics Tests
Evaluate your students' specific skills in the areas of
Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary
http://www.act.org/compass/tests/reading.html
Reading Placement Test Sample Items
© 2004 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved. 5
1. Who is telling this story?
A. Jennifer
B. Andy
C. Tim
D. Andy’s father
E. An unnamed narrator
2. What is the most reasonable conclusion to make from the statement in the first
paragraph,“He felt sick.”?
A. Eating xoi with his father gave Andy a stomachache.
B. Andy was upset when he saw Jennifer holding hands with Tim.
C. Andy was unhappy about the restaurant his father had selected.
D. Andy was upset with Jennifer for making him miss the party.
E. Andy mistakenly thought that Tim was his best friend.
3. According to the passage, Tim would most likely describe the party as:
A. mysterious.
B. lively.
C. dull.
D. upsetting.
E. remarkable.
4. Based on the last paragraph, it can be most reasonably inferred that Andy’s
increasing enjoyment of eating xôi was related to:
A. hearing Tim and Jennifer laughing and talking.
B. the fact that it stuck to his fingernails.
C. sitting at a table with Tim and Jennifer while he ate.
D. the fact that his father made the xôi.
E. seeing Tim and Jennifer eating xôi.
5. This passage is mainly about the relationship between:
A. Andy and his father.
B. Andy and Tim.
C. Andy’s father and Tim.
D. Jennifer and Tim.
E. Jennifer and Andy.
http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading...
Why do you place such a high emphasis on a GED or High School diploma? Is that as far as you got?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99400 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "know" exactly WHAT you mean!
Point IS, "you" did NOT give up! <3
Let's Hang in THERE "together" ... ;0)
Along with the REST of the Patriots!
You're not a patriot.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99401 Feb 3, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Bill knows this song well!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jPNX9WBw1rsXX
I use Bill Clinton as an example of Republicans sticking their noses into peoples private sex lives to show the level of hypocrisy & voyeurism that's rampant in that party. It ironic part here is that I have a list of Republican politicians who also had marital infidelities and why no stink about those? Newt Gingrich had how many wives? Then he even admitted to an open relationship yet Republicans never considered holding sex hearings on him.

For a party to pride themselves on God, morals, values and everything peachy under the sun, they really do the complete opposite of the morals & values they try to force other to adhere to.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99402 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "did" go to college!
That's HOW I found OUT about THEM! ;0)
Yes... you went to college, took the placement exam and then tanked on them. You went to college all right!!!

ROLF!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99403 Feb 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a serious misconception about both why a person would attend a "technical" college and the requirements to legally immigrate to the United States.
As far as immigration, unless I'm mistaken, there is no requirement that an immigrant be able to speak English before they come here, only that they have a functional command of the language when they actually apply for citizenship.
If I'm wrong could you show me a link to a source that says different?
That's the problem with "American Lady" & ilk like her. They'll post a little truth and mix allot of lies and think they can slip it past "we the people".

LOL!!

It's just like when they pull their, if you come to the USA, speak English then point at the naturalized citizen requirements while conveniently ignoring the fact that when an immigrant enters lawfully under any kind of visa their is no law requiring them to speak English.

Yet they insist they do and the ironic part is that they want these people to speak English yet they're so bigoted, they'd never talk to these people in the first place.

And we all know that if they're not b*tching about them not speaking English... it'll be about something else.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99404 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "could" call you a "libTARDIAN" but I won't!
I'll LET my POST speak for ME!
``````````
Who Can Apply for U.S. Citizenship <<---<<<
Find out who is eligible for U.S. citizenship and how to apply.
The Eligibility Criteria <<<---<<< !!!
If you are interested in applying for U.S. citizenship, first make sure that all of the following apply to you:
you have lived in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least five years (with exceptions for refugees, people who get their green card through asylum, spouses of U.S. citizens, and U.S. military personnel)
you have been physically present in the United States for at least half of the last five years
you have lived in the district or state where you are filing your application for at least three months
you have not spent more than a year outside the United States
you have not made your primary home in another country
you are at least 18 years old
you have good moral character <<---<<<
you are able to speak, read, and write in English <<---<<<
you are able to pass a test covering U.S. history and government (based on questions provided by USCIS), <3
and
you are willing to swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the United States. <3
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applyi...
dumchit! ;0)
*snicker*
Couldn't HELP myself!
I know it wasn't "real" ladylike ...
BUT a Lady can FEEL vindicated & good about showing UP a dipstick that THINKS he "knows" it ALL! <3
On a board FILLED w/Vipers!
You know ... SNAKES!
If you went to college, why do you post like you do?
USMailXXX

Providence, UT

#99405 Feb 3, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... I love to fuck me them little brown boys!!!!!
Weirdo!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99406 Feb 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an "idiot" ...
WHO "leads you around" to help "you" get thru the DAY?
You poor sap. You lose your cool when called out on your lies!!! So typical of a troll.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99407 Feb 3, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Help me out here, folks. I am confused with some liberal thinking, on one side they think football is too dangerous, violent, whatever, and Obamam wouldn't want a son, if he had one, to play. Then, in another breath, we are now going to allow women to fight in the front lines...couldn', no, shouldn't we consider that to be dangerous and a violent circumstance for them? Why is one okay, and the other is not? Do these people even know what they really want??? Would Obama feel comfortable with his daughters going to war?
There are some several aspects to consider with these two issues.

In playing football, we are initially talking about young people, young brains, still forming and at highly susceptible to the high incident of brain injury in a collision sport like football. The science on football in recent years has determined that players are experiencing far more incidents of damage than previously recorded.

First off, in the case of females participating in combat situations, we are talking about adults engaging in the service to their country. Yes it's dangerous, but it's not a game and in my opinion, the higher risk is for a higher purpose. While the physical curve still exists between a male and a female it is not the equivalent to competitive football.

Football is a sport that relies heavily and constantly on speed and power that would put most females at an immediate physical disadvantage.

While in combat, there is always the potential for encountering situations where speed and power may be required, it involves a much wider range of skills and training with weapons and overall survival. It's not like in a football game where the entire emphasis is on speed and power where women would constantly be at a physical disadvantage.

Women with the proper training can be just as lethal as a man perfectly capable of defending themselves but in reality, there's little comparison between a football game and combat.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99408 Feb 3, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
So I am not the only one that thinks that way of Jaxxon eh? Personally I think NTR is the same way, maybe even the same person.
You're agreeing with the community blowhard!! That speaks volumes to how we all think about you.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99409 Feb 3, 2013
More fear mongering by the far right!!!!

NRA Life of Duty presented by Brownells is proud to announce the release of this month's Patriot Profile Feature "Catch & Release". Brought to you by Smith & Wesson, this documentary shares the story of two Spokane County Deputies shot in the line of duty by a felon who had no business being on the street. Watch the Full Feature here:

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/ #!/patriotprofiles/video/776

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99410 Feb 3, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
Requiring Gun Insurance Will Increase Safety
Insuring guns provides a means for financially compensating victims of unjustified gun violence — not only families who have lost loved ones, but also non-fatal shooting victims and those who are assaulted with guns.
Requiring gun-owner insurance as a form of gun safety regulation is not a radical change in social policy. It is common for our society to throw the risk on the owner of a potentially harmful commodity. Motor vehicles, for example, must be registered and insured in case their use harms humans or property; and the thrill of driving a high-performance car comes with a higher insurance premium.
States often have insurance requirements for the owners of motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, exotic wild animals — even pit bulls. Owners of establishments that sell alcohol, such as restaurants and bars, are often required to carry insurance for damages caused by intoxicated patrons.
Read more:
This is insane because you'll never get a bad guy to insure their guns.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99411 Feb 3, 2013
USMailXXX wrote:
<quoted text>Weirdo!
Do you realize that everyone knows that you changed that post and added the sexual molestation aspect to it. Forget about that you are trying portray Rico as the pervert.

Think about it..

1. Those perverted thoughts came from your brain
2. You think it's funny to make such implications
3. You are slandering and libeling two separate individuals
4. You are cowardly doing all this behind the guise of anonymity
5. You are likely one of the regular Conservatives regulars that post here under another name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 21 min Mickey Ratt Club 138,498
News El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, NM govern... 1 hr wild child 2
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 2 hr Tortus and Hare 24
News Illegal Immigrant Student Waves Mexican Flag As... 3 hr trumpisright 59
News Donald Trump's comments on immigration complica... 3 hr tod see the light 14
News Senator Ted Cruz on Trump: 'I Salute Donald Trump' 3 hr Jelly Belly Popcorn 2
News San Bernardino District Attorney blasts Donald ... 3 hr tod see the light 10
More from around the web