The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Jay

Paris, TN

#99138 Feb 1, 2013
You guys can mark clueless all you want, but they are deleting posts on Fox Debate. There was some good stuff posted on that site, informative and educational, and some jackass decided for us what they wanted us to read. What Nazi this is, we have yet to find out!

And, that's a fact! Not clueless or nuts. Fact!!!

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99139 Feb 1, 2013
Jay wrote:
You guys can mark clueless all you want, but they are deleting posts on Fox Debate. There was some good stuff posted on that site, informative and educational, and some jackass decided for us what they wanted us to read. What Nazi this is, we have yet to find out!
And, that's a fact! Not clueless or nuts. Fact!!!
Frankly, both of ya' are hyped up on some kind of paranoia. You've brought your complaints to the wrong place. TOPIX, itself, is pulling posts, not posters. If AL/HOH/and whatever else name she uses is losing posts from a thread left and right, it's because she continuously violates the TOS, and somebody has her number. The other night on this thread, it appeared possibly that some sympathic Topix employee came by to try and have a dialogue with her. She shut that person down immediately by calling them a Libtard - although he/she had said nothing that would even indicate political position.

So, whatever happened "over there" has nothing to do with anybody over here. We'd love her to be happy as a clam "over there". Really. We would.
Jay

Paris, TN

#99140 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, both of ya' are hyped up on some kind of paranoia. You've brought your complaints to the wrong place. TOPIX, itself, is pulling posts, not posters. If AL/HOH/and whatever else name she uses is losing posts from a thread left and right, it's because she continuously violates the TOS, and somebody has her number. The other night on this thread, it appeared possibly that some sympathic Topix employee came by to try and have a dialogue with her. She shut that person down immediately by calling them a Libtard - although he/she had said nothing that would even indicate political position.
So, whatever happened "over there" has nothing to do with anybody over here. We'd love her to be happy as a clam "over there". Really. We would.

You missed the whole point, "NTRPRNR1" if they can do it there for little or no reason to everyone, they can do it here. So there is no real over there or over here. It's a public forum where everyone has a right to post. Or do you own this site? Never the less, just because you don't like what someone says, is this not still a free country, with differences of opinion? Or do the people on this side of the "over here" own this joint?

See? I don't think so!

Oh, and by the way; there's nothing that she posts that's any worse than some on there...meaning "over there." In fact, there is slander and plenty of violations, but those people are never booted. See what I'm sayin'?

Level 8

Location hidden

#99141 Feb 2, 2013
http://www.openmarket.org/2013/02/01/the-new-...

The New National Identification System Is Coming

by David Bier on February 1, 2013

After the election, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is leading the Democrats immigration push, told NBC News that one of his top priorities was to “make sure that there is a non-forgeable document” for all employees. After years of pushing for one, Sen. Schumer may have broken through GOP opposition.“We’re going to have to come up with something, but the principle we all agree on,” Sen. Chuck Schumer said this week....Even worse than a physical card, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) has created an electronic national ID called electronic employment verification (EEV). The current rendition is known as E-Verify, which has combined DHS’s immigration database with the SSA’s database, containing your name, address, legal status, work authorization, and social security number. The Senate immigration bill will mandate all employers use E-Verify to check the immigration status of their employees. Right now, employers can voluntarily submit the employee’s name and number to check if they match the name and number in the system. If the names or numbers don’t match, you must take further steps to prove your identity at SSA offices.(cont.)

Level 8

Location hidden

#99142 Feb 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the whole point, "NTRPRNR1" if they can do it there for little or no reason to everyone, they can do it here. So there is no real over there or over here. It's a public forum where everyone has a right to post. Or do you own this site? Never the less, just because you don't like what someone says, is this not still a free country, with differences of opinion? Or do the people on this side of the "over here" own this joint?
See? I don't think so!
Oh, and by the way; there's nothing that she posts that's any worse than some on there...meaning "over there." In fact, there is slander and plenty of violations, but those people are never booted. See what I'm sayin'?
Whoaa! Slow down a second. I do NOT want anybody's right to free speech impeded. I'm trying to help you understand how her posts could have been stripped from the thread. Did she violate a TOS? Somehow she must have. Did she receive a warning before it happened? I don't know.

I had my own posts stripped from this thread last night, and the reason used was that they had been reported as spam. The Mod indicated that if you put up two or three posts in a row fast, they might be considered spam. BS as far as I'm concerned, but that's what I was told. Is there a magic number for "how fast" or "slow"? Who knows. But, NOBODY over here is responsible for HOH's posts being yanked. Why doesn't she ask a Mod why her posts were pulled?

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#99143 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>There are some here that would. I know those. I can see them when I look at them right between the eyes and see deeper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8_5zXI8xCvMXX
I was being bad when I said you weren't American or believed in the Constitution. Not good.
But here you're being bad ..... well really much worse then I was.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99144 Feb 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
See? I don't think so!
LOL

Why are you getting on Ntr? She didn't boot anyone. She is as free to here opinion of that poster as the next person.

I think YOU missed the point...calling the wrong persona a "libtard" may get you banned.

It's really pretty simple. ;)

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99145 Feb 2, 2013
Jmo of course. ;)

Level 8

Location hidden

#99146 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I was being bad when I said you weren't American or believed in the Constitution. Not good.
But here you're being bad ..... well really much worse then I was.
It seems like a threat, does it not? He says it isn't, but that doesn't register on the truth-o-meter.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99147 Feb 2, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey WA.
I saw that you had asked several questions about the discussion we were having last night and I would love to examine all of this and exchange ideas, but you need to understand that my point last night was just to examine what the proposal actually said.
There are parts that I agree with, some parts I think might cause a problem in the current political environment and some I might not agree with at all.
All of that would be worked out as we talk about it and consider the possible ramifications of each piece of the proposal.
I wasn't taking sides pro or con. I was simply determined that it be put out there for discussion despite the obvious impediments Topix tried to place in the path of that conversation.
I would love to discuss it Jax. Which is why I replied to some of what you posted. But remember that I don't expect to agree with all your views or all of any other posters. I'm sure some we will agree about though. That's all good and will help to open up the discussion on the thread which it should be. I'm looking forward to expressing our different views on here. So I'm ready when you are.
Jay

Paris, TN

#99148 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whoaa! Slow down a second. I do NOT want anybody's right to free speech impeded. I'm trying to help you understand how her posts could have been stripped from the thread. Did she violate a TOS? Somehow she must have. Did she receive a warning before it happened? I don't know.
I had my own posts stripped from this thread last night, and the reason used was that they had been reported as spam. The Mod indicated that if you put up two or three posts in a row fast, they might be considered spam. BS as far as I'm concerned, but that's what I was told. Is there a magic number for "how fast" or "slow"? Who knows. But, NOBODY over here is responsible for HOH's posts being yanked. Why doesn't she ask a Mod why her posts were pulled?

Ok, thanks for your decent reply. Wish I could answer what you asked, but I don't know why some nasty vile posts get left on there that don't even apply to the subject and others who leave links to sites that have relevent and informative subjects are suddenly deleted. Thing is in the last two hours everything is gone from the Fox Debate site. Nothing on there was in violation that anyone could tell. Just comments in return.

This is what I'm saying. I did not mean to imply that anyone posting was doing this, only that it doesn't make sense.

Thanks again.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99149 Feb 2, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't the one who decides what spam is either.
Geesh get off of it all right all ready. The mods decided it wasn't spam after taking a second look at it. Ok....No Spam.

“American & Cowgirl by Birth”

Since: Jan 13

Dodge City, KS

#99150 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, both of ya' are hyped up on some kind of paranoia. You've brought your complaints to the wrong place. TOPIX, itself, is pulling posts, not posters. If AL/HOH/and whatever else name she uses is losing posts from a thread left and right, it's because she continuously violates the TOS, and somebody has her number. The other night on this thread, it appeared possibly that some sympathic Topix employee came by to try and have a dialogue with her. She shut that person down immediately by calling them a Libtard - although he/she had said nothing that would even indicate political position.
This is your story?
This is YOUR story!

I'ts NOT just my posts being removed, it's mine PLUS several of the other Conservatives. As for the rest of your story, I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Thanks for your input.
HoH

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99151 Feb 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, thanks for your decent reply. Wish I could answer what you asked, but I don't know why some nasty vile posts get left on there that don't even apply to the subject and others who leave links to sites that have relevent and informative subjects are suddenly deleted. Thing is in the last two hours everything is gone from the Fox Debate site. Nothing on there was in violation that anyone could tell. Just comments in return.
This is what I'm saying. I did not mean to imply that anyone posting was doing this, only that it doesn't make sense.
Thanks again.
It's never made sense to the long time posters either. I guess some things are just inscrutable.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99152 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It seems like a threat, does it not? He says it isn't, but that doesn't register on the truth-o-meter.
Agreed that's why he says it that way. It gives him a little wiggle room...very little.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99153 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.openmarket.org/2013/02/01/the-new-...
The New National Identification System Is Coming
by David Bier on February 1, 2013
After the election, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is leading the Democrats immigration push, told NBC News that one of his top priorities was to “make sure that there is a non-forgeable document” for all employees. After years of pushing for one, Sen. Schumer may have broken through GOP opposition.“We’re going to have to come up with something, but the principle we all agree on,” Sen. Chuck Schumer said this week....Even worse than a physical card, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) has created an electronic national ID called electronic employment verification (EEV). The current rendition is known as E-Verify, which has combined DHS’s immigration database with the SSA’s database, containing your name, address, legal status, work authorization, and social security number. The Senate immigration bill will mandate all employers use E-Verify to check the immigration status of their employees. Right now, employers can voluntarily submit the employee’s name and number to check if they match the name and number in the system. If the names or numbers don’t match, you must take further steps to prove your identity at SSA offices.(cont.)
It's really looking to me like the immigration reform plan will have real teeth in it this time around. If done correctly undocumemted will equate to unemployed.
Jay

Paris, TN

#99154 Feb 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
Jmo of course. ;)

Hey X Man, I'm not on anybody. I was simply making a point in response to what AL said. The Fox Debate is ancient, and lots of people come and go, but if you want to talk about name calling such as "libtard" come on over and listen-up.

JMO, too.

8)

Level 8

Location hidden

#99155 Feb 2, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
You have no idea who I am or why I'm on here.
Whomever is messing with these sites are committing an interstate felony. Can be prosecuted for Federal & Interstate offenses. When a poster from one state replies to a poster in another state you are bound and obligated to laws of each containing state regarding cyber offenses.
Who would you like to prosecute across state lines, and what is it you think they did?

Do you think the thread has been hacked by criminals intent on messing with your evening? I hope you haven't gotten on the bad side of somebody with Anonymous! Try a little tenderness. Avoid calling folks "libtards". You'll probably get along better with the other posters who don't agree with you.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#99156 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that we are being harmed by the illegal work force. Much of how you think is due to old statistics by those that want less to no immigration.
"Does Immigration Cost Jobs?
Economists say immigration, legal or illegal, doesn't hurt American workers.
Summary
Do immigrants take American jobs? It’s a common refrain among those who want to tighten limits on legal immigration and deny a "path to citizenship" — which they call "amnesty" — to the millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally. There’s even a new Reclaim American Jobs Caucus in the House, with at least 41 members.
But most economists and other experts say there’s little to support the claim. Study after study has shown that immigrants grow the economy, expanding demand for goods and services that the foreign-born workers and their families consume, and thereby creating jobs. There is even broad agreement among economists that while immigrants may push down wages for some, the overall effect is to increase average wages for American-born workers."
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/does-immigra...
Do you remember some years back in these debates it was mentioned that mass deportation could result in having a negative effect on our economy. Those wanting mass deportation said they didn't care. They just wanted illegals gone. After all illegal is illegal was the saying of the day. We've had mass deportations and our economy has worsened during those years.
Now when someone breaks the law they are punished but once they serve their time or pay their fines then their punishment is done. But with your plan of one that pays any fines follows all the rules but will always be punished and never being able to become a citizen. That sounds more like a vindictive measure. Plus that puts those people into a second class status in this Country forever. Not very American or Constitutional of us is it? I think not.
Nor do I think doing a piece meal reform that would only help say, pick a number, is taking care of the problem. We have to address all that are here now. Repeat offenders or offenders of serious crimes we need to get rid of. The rest need to be placed in temporary legal status until they can work their way into a more permanent one.
I can't find anything you've said in our Immigration laws, can you point it out for me? Thanks.

By the way we do allow in over 900,000 "Legal" immigrants a year, but under your plan we just open the borders and let everyone that can slip across illegally stay, which makes it kind of hard to control our population!

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99157 Feb 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>just giving you the fact!
The US Constitution was not written for the aliens of the world, if you will read it you will understand.
All aliens in this country are here under reciprocal treaties with the US and their country of origin as to the treatment they will receive while here, to violate these treaties (being illegals) will leave them open to any punishment and the country of origin can't do a thing, but bitch.
It has been established that illegals are covered by our Constitution/Declaration of Independence as long as they are here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 35 min D Valens 135,851
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 39 min Freedomx4 1,893
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 53 min ItsCrazy 12
Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans 1 hr Gig 15
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 2 hr spud 9
Boehner: Immigration Reform Will Help Economy 3 hr spud 5
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border 7 hr tomin cali 9
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••