The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99209 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Letters | Republicans, guns, Congress
Wichita
Drug-testing Congress
Although I am all for drug tests for welfare recipients, I can’t help but wonder what the outcome would be if our elected officials were given random drug tests.
Perhaps something could get done in the halls of Congress and our various statehouses if all of the druggies and alcoholics were ousted.
Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/15/4012919/...
If we pizz tested our own gov't... there would be nobody in gov't.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99210 Feb 2, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ready for what??
Jesus is getting a makeover by new publishers

“This is a terrific time for both the religious and the non-religious, the believers and seekers alike, to find voices that resonate with their own experiences of mystery and doubt and a faith that really has to be wrestled with,” he adds.“There’s a longing for something more than what has been served up by traditional evangelicalism that is deeply felt all across the country by many believers, young and old.”

Read more: http://www.wisconsingazette.com/faith-gaze/je...

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99211 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
As More Kids Die, Handguns Still a Bigger Threat Than Assault Rifles
The weapons in all the kiddie carnage were handguns, which remain a far greater threat than assault rifles. That despite the notoriety assault rifles received after the movie theater shootings in Aurora, Colo., and the murder of 20 children at one time in Newtown, Conn.
Read more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...
There a infinitely more handguns than assault rifles in America, and as such, they would absolutely pose a greater risk to children AND adults. Nevertheless, Americans are FIRM on their Second Amendment right to bear arms, so expanding an weapons ban beyond those specifically designed to kill human beings in rapid succession is not going to fly in America. I am in agreement with that sentiment. We reserve the right.

I would also oppose government ever attempting to seize weapons already legally purchased and present in people's homes. But, I have no problem with banning further sales or in blocking the sale of high capacity magazines.

It's disingenuous to use the proposed ban on assault weapons in the way it's being used in this debate. It's fear mongering.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99212 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Try a little tenderness. Avoid calling folks "libtards". You'll probably get along better with the other posters who don't agree with you.
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Another "Do as we say, not as we do" suggestion by the oh-so-tolerant and oh-so-civil left.
Isn't it easier for everybody to avoid calling anybody any vulgar or disparaging names other than by their handle.
I try to live by this rule and the majority of my posts prove it on this thread. compared to the majority of others' Take a count if you don't believe me. LOL Every page.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#99213 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never used the expression "Conservat*rd" - fill in the blank either way. So, I do as I say. Unless you're a right wing extremist "fringer", I've had nothing bad to say about conservatives. I just disagree with social conservatives and fully understand fiscal conservatives who have a social conscience and don't believe corporations are people.
I haven't either.
What is a social conservative, NTR?
Isn't a social conservative a fiscal conservative as well?
I have a social conscience.
Should I incorporate?
XLL

Ireland

#99215 Feb 2, 2013

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#99216 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Warm temps are near, Punxsutawney Phil predicts!
Yea! It's snowing outside right now. Looking forward to spring.
YEAH! YAAAAAAAAAA! We be chucking wood soon.
Time to clean the burrow.
Hey, mud, you hearing me?
It's snowing.
Time to fire up old baldy.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99217 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Try a little tenderness. Avoid calling folks "libtards". You'll probably get along better with the other posters who don't agree with you.
<quoted text>Isn't it easier for everybody to avoid calling anybody any vulgar or disparaging names other than by their handle.
I try to live by this rule and the majority of my posts prove it on this thread. compared to the majority of others' Take a count if you don't believe me. LOL Every page.
I live by the rule that if you attack me, I will not be a quiet victim. If you espouse hate, I'll oppose you. If you call Democrats "libtards", I'll get in your face. There are plenty of moderate dems, and there are moderate pubs. Nobody acknowledges that in this forum. It's also disgusting to see repeated postings with links to far right and unethical propaganda sites designed to slander and libel our sitting President. It's our Congress that deserves every bit of the disdain it receives. They've sold us out.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#99218 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
City Guns and Country Guns: One of the Clearest Examples of the Political/Geographical Divide
People in the country grow up respecting guns, indispensable on most farms. In some families, hunting deer or doves or turkeys is as routine as going to the grocery, and serves the same purpose. And there are varmints: rats and groundhogs and foxes and, lately, coyotes that can do real damage to a farm. Most country people have guns. Most live long lives without ever aiming a gun at a human being, but defense is always in the back of their minds. People who live in remote places can never expect any sheriff’s deputy to get there in time to fend off an intruder.
Read more: http://www.metropulse.com/news/2013/jan/30/ci...
Yepper.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99219 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't either.
What is a social conservative, NTR?
Isn't a social conservative a fiscal conservative as well?
I have a social conscience.
Should I incorporate?
No. They are not the same. Google it and read. That way you'll know first hand for yourself what the differences are with respect to social conservative and fiscal conservative. You can be both or you can be only a fiscal conservative.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99220 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>There a infinitely more handguns than assault rifles in America, and as such, they would absolutely pose a greater risk to children AND adults. Nevertheless, Americans are FIRM on their Second Amendment right to bear arms, so expanding an weapons ban beyond those specifically designed to kill human beings in rapid succession is not going to fly in America. I am in agreement with that sentiment. We reserve the right.
I would also oppose government ever attempting to seize weapons already legally purchased and present in people's homes. But, I have no problem with banning further sales or in blocking the sale of high capacity magazines.
It's disingenuous to use the proposed ban on assault weapons in the way it's being used in this debate. It's fear mongering.
Fear Mongering and Media Bias

Looking closely at the facts, it is evident not only that violence does not decrease with increased legislation, but that the opposite is true: the decrease of legally obtainable weapons leads to an increase in violence. The obvious conclusion is that in either case, people who use firearms for harm do not obtain them legally.

Read more: http://www.houghtonstar.com/2013/01/28/147/

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99221 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear Mongering and Media Bias
Looking closely at the facts, it is evident not only that violence does not decrease with increased legislation, but that the opposite is true: the decrease of legally obtainable weapons leads to an increase in violence. The obvious conclusion is that in either case, people who use firearms for harm do not obtain them legally.
Read more: http://www.houghtonstar.com/2013/01/28/147/
What is your specific problem with the proposed assault weapons ban? In particular, how would it affect you?
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99222 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What is your specific problem with the proposed assault weapons ban? In particular, how would it affect you?
In Franklin County, a Global Arms Dealer Quietly Makes a Killing

Imported, foreign-made firearms are another matter. For decades, Century has exploited a loophole to get around a federal law banning the importation of military-style rifles, according to a February 2011 investigative report jointly produced by the Center for Public Integrity and PBS’s “Frontline.” It does so by importing “slimmed down,‘sporting’ versions of their foreign rifles” that can clear federal importation restrictions, then retrofitting them with U.S.-made parts, including bayonets and high-capacity clips.

Read more: http://www.7dvt.com/2013franklin-county-globa...
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99223 Feb 2, 2013
Gun Sales Skyrocketing in Las Vegas Shops

"If you're the manufacturer, and you're making AR-15s, are you going to rush order another 20,000 of them through production when before you get them done it could be illegal to sell them?"

Read more: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/20589412/gun-sa...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99224 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
Gun Sales Skyrocketing in Las Vegas Shops
"If you're the manufacturer, and you're making AR-15s, are you going to rush order another 20,000 of them through production when before you get them done it could be illegal to sell them?"
Read more: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/20589412/gun-sa...
The gov't is making the NRA and gun manufacturers rich with the fear mongering. I would not be surprised if gun control stalls or becomes watered down to nothing when all is said and done!!!!

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#99226 Feb 2, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the third or fourth person of the Progressive mindset that has made this claim.
is it ME or them? anybody of a neutral or allied mindset having the same comprehension problems?
maybe I do need to change my 'style'... this BS that people can't read my posts is very, er, troubling.
anybody else care to chime in? seriously, that is...
thanks in advance....
Again, it has nothing to do with your ideology. Your sentence structure, style, and misuse of ALLCAPS and punctuation make it difficult to comprehend your ideas.
Oh, and once I see your insults, I scroll on by.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99227 Feb 2, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
The gov't is making the NRA and gun manufacturers rich with the fear mongering. I would not be surprised if gun control stalls or becomes watered down to nothing when all is said and done!!!!
Dems and Their Gun Money

While gun-control advocates are slinging mud, suggesting that it’s immoral to support the NRA or have an expansive view of gun rights, it’s important to remember that many Democrats invest in the very industry they’re lambasting lock, stock, and barrel.

Read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/338186...

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#99228 Feb 2, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, I guess it's time to go back and prove you a liar, AGAIN.
it will take me some time to find our original exchanges and who said what...
stay tuned...
You never proved me a liar, higgans. In your sick mind, maybe. You're just here to argue and belittle people who disagree. I've told you, I'm not interested in conversing with you.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#99229 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I live by the rule that if you attack me, I will not be a quiet victim. If you espouse hate, I'll oppose you. If you call Democrats "libtards", I'll get in your face. There are plenty of moderate dems, and there are moderate pubs. Nobody acknowledges that in this forum. It's also disgusting to see repeated postings with links to far right and unethical propaganda sites designed to slander and libel our sitting President. It's our Congress that deserves every bit of the disdain it receives. They've sold us out.
It is also the right of any poster to bring out anything to do with our president whether it be good or bad without any judgement of whether the particular link presented is far left or right or whether another deems the link as a propaganda site or not, as all talk no matter what it is, is essentially "propaganda" meaning "horray for our side" and all,(or at least most) stories contain fact as well as fiction. Even the most "official" ones.
We decide what to believe and I personally feel that our president has failed us based on all that I have read, Left or right.
But you are right......
When will congress see this.
They fail to see a failure.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#99230 Feb 2, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems and Their Gun Money
While gun-control advocates are slinging mud, suggesting that it’s immoral to support the NRA or have an expansive view of gun rights, it’s important to remember that many Democrats invest in the very industry they’re lambasting lock, stock, and barrel.
Read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/338186...
Now that doesn't surprise me at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Threatens Consequences If Law Enforcement... 13 min Who Guessed It 2
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 16 min SirPrize 22
If immigrants win under Obama order, does someo... 32 min Who Guessed It 489
Race an issue for Hazleton mayoral candidate 44 min Sean Donahue 1815 1
Wonkbook: After a long fight, the FCC is about ... 1 hr okimar 4
Senator David Perdue Votes Against Loretta Lync... 3 hr wild child 1
New Mexico moves to cut off driver's licenses f... 3 hr Earl 9
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 hr Just Slim 137,573
More from around the web