The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#99153 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.openmarket.org/2013/02/01/the-new-...
The New National Identification System Is Coming
by David Bier on February 1, 2013
After the election, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is leading the Democrats immigration push, told NBC News that one of his top priorities was to “make sure that there is a non-forgeable document” for all employees. After years of pushing for one, Sen. Schumer may have broken through GOP opposition.“We’re going to have to come up with something, but the principle we all agree on,” Sen. Chuck Schumer said this week....Even worse than a physical card, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) has created an electronic national ID called electronic employment verification (EEV). The current rendition is known as E-Verify, which has combined DHS’s immigration database with the SSA’s database, containing your name, address, legal status, work authorization, and social security number. The Senate immigration bill will mandate all employers use E-Verify to check the immigration status of their employees. Right now, employers can voluntarily submit the employee’s name and number to check if they match the name and number in the system. If the names or numbers don’t match, you must take further steps to prove your identity at SSA offices.(cont.)
It's really looking to me like the immigration reform plan will have real teeth in it this time around. If done correctly undocumemted will equate to unemployed.
Jay

Paris, TN

#99154 Feb 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
Jmo of course. ;)

Hey X Man, I'm not on anybody. I was simply making a point in response to what AL said. The Fox Debate is ancient, and lots of people come and go, but if you want to talk about name calling such as "libtard" come on over and listen-up.

JMO, too.

8)

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99155 Feb 2, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
You have no idea who I am or why I'm on here.
Whomever is messing with these sites are committing an interstate felony. Can be prosecuted for Federal & Interstate offenses. When a poster from one state replies to a poster in another state you are bound and obligated to laws of each containing state regarding cyber offenses.
Who would you like to prosecute across state lines, and what is it you think they did?

Do you think the thread has been hacked by criminals intent on messing with your evening? I hope you haven't gotten on the bad side of somebody with Anonymous! Try a little tenderness. Avoid calling folks "libtards". You'll probably get along better with the other posters who don't agree with you.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#99156 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that we are being harmed by the illegal work force. Much of how you think is due to old statistics by those that want less to no immigration.
"Does Immigration Cost Jobs?
Economists say immigration, legal or illegal, doesn't hurt American workers.
Summary
Do immigrants take American jobs? It’s a common refrain among those who want to tighten limits on legal immigration and deny a "path to citizenship" — which they call "amnesty" — to the millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally. There’s even a new Reclaim American Jobs Caucus in the House, with at least 41 members.
But most economists and other experts say there’s little to support the claim. Study after study has shown that immigrants grow the economy, expanding demand for goods and services that the foreign-born workers and their families consume, and thereby creating jobs. There is even broad agreement among economists that while immigrants may push down wages for some, the overall effect is to increase average wages for American-born workers."
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/does-immigra...
Do you remember some years back in these debates it was mentioned that mass deportation could result in having a negative effect on our economy. Those wanting mass deportation said they didn't care. They just wanted illegals gone. After all illegal is illegal was the saying of the day. We've had mass deportations and our economy has worsened during those years.
Now when someone breaks the law they are punished but once they serve their time or pay their fines then their punishment is done. But with your plan of one that pays any fines follows all the rules but will always be punished and never being able to become a citizen. That sounds more like a vindictive measure. Plus that puts those people into a second class status in this Country forever. Not very American or Constitutional of us is it? I think not.
Nor do I think doing a piece meal reform that would only help say, pick a number, is taking care of the problem. We have to address all that are here now. Repeat offenders or offenders of serious crimes we need to get rid of. The rest need to be placed in temporary legal status until they can work their way into a more permanent one.
I can't find anything you've said in our Immigration laws, can you point it out for me? Thanks.

By the way we do allow in over 900,000 "Legal" immigrants a year, but under your plan we just open the borders and let everyone that can slip across illegally stay, which makes it kind of hard to control our population!

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99157 Feb 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>just giving you the fact!
The US Constitution was not written for the aliens of the world, if you will read it you will understand.
All aliens in this country are here under reciprocal treaties with the US and their country of origin as to the treatment they will receive while here, to violate these treaties (being illegals) will leave them open to any punishment and the country of origin can't do a thing, but bitch.
It has been established that illegals are covered by our Constitution/Declaration of Independence as long as they are here.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99158 Feb 2, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find anything you've said in our Immigration laws, can you point it out for me? Thanks.
By the way we do allow in over 900,000 "Legal" immigrants a year, but under your plan we just open the borders and let everyone that can slip across illegally stay, which makes it kind of hard to control our population!
I already pointed it out along with a link. Try reading it.

"White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that we are being harmed by the illegal work force. Much of how you think is due to old statistics by those that want less to no immigration.
Summary
Do immigrants take American jobs? It’s a common refrain among those who want to tighten limits on legal immigration and deny a "path to citizenship" — which they call "amnesty" — to the millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally. There’s even a new Reclaim American Jobs Caucus in the House, with at least 41 members.
But most economists and other experts say there’s little to support the claim. Study after study has shown that immigrants grow the economy, expanding demand for goods and services that the foreign-born workers and their families consume, and thereby creating jobs. There is even broad agreement among economists that while immigrants may push down wages for some, the overall effect is to increase average wages for American-born workers."
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/does-immigra ...
Do you remember some years back in these debates it was mentioned that mass deportation could result in having a negative effect on our economy. Those wanting mass deportation said they didn't care. They just wanted illegals gone. After all illegal is illegal was the saying of the day. We've had mass deportations and our economy has worsened during those years.
Now when someone breaks the law they are punished but once they serve their time or pay their fines then their punishment is done. But with your plan of one that pays any fines follows all the rules but will always be punished and never being able to become a citizen. That sounds more like a vindictive measure. Plus that puts those people into a second class status in this Country forever. Not very American or Constitutional of us is it? I think not.
Nor do I think doing a piece meal reform that would only help say, pick a number, is taking care of the problem. We have to address all that are here now. Repeat offenders or offenders of serious crimes we need to get rid of. The rest need to be placed in temporary legal status until they can work their way into a more permanent one."

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99159 Feb 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey X Man, I'm not on anybody. I was simply making a point in response to what AL said. The Fox Debate is ancient, and lots of people come and go, but if you want to talk about name calling such as "libtard" come on over and listen-up.
JMO, too.
8)
Oh, no thanks. I'm pretty sure I've seen "AL" use the term "libtard" plenty on this thread, no need to see it on "Fox Debate".

If your friend is getting posts removed there are proper channels go through if an explanation is needed. For her to post random threats at random posters is really not necessary and looks, in all honesty kind of nutty. Just my opinion of course. ;)

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#99160 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Who would you like to prosecute across state lines, and what is it you think they did?
Do you think the thread has been hacked by criminals intent on messing with your evening? I hope you haven't gotten on the bad side of somebody with Anonymous! Try a little tenderness. Avoid calling folks "libtards". You'll probably get along better with the other posters who don't agree with you.
:)

Level 8

#99161 Feb 2, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>

I see Rep. Darrell Issa is on this one.

He's notorious for pulling crap like this for show and nothing more.
I equate it to a person teasing a dog with a bone.

All you neo-cons get all happy in the pants only to walk away with blue balls.
Is that the same as B.O. getting slap down by the Federal Appeals court?

President Obama's Recess Appointments Have Been Slapped Down by Federal Appeals Court as Abuse of Power

January 25, 2013 4:56 PM

In a setback for President Barack Obama, a federal appeals court ruled Friday that he violated the Constitution in making recess appointments last year, a decision that could severely curtail the president's ability to bypass the Senate to fill administration vacancies.

http://www.blackchristiannews.com/news/2013/0...

And this guy taught Constitutional Law??

LOL!!!

Level 8

#99162 Feb 2, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>

what really stymies real dialogue are biased generalizations like those two you made about xenophobes and KKKluckers.

the overwhelming 'face' of illegals IS Hispanic/Latino/Mexican/brown. .. whatever you wish to call it.

somehow, when the OBVIOUS is mentioned, it gets turned slantwise into racial/ethnic prejudice... and the dialogue ENDS.

groups like La Raza then get involved and really ratchet up the rhetoric and the main points get sidelined with threats of pols being labeled 'racists' or worse.

people like you are quick to generalize about folks like me that SIMPLY want existing laws enforced, period.

will doing such effect mostly Hispanics? yes... not because of any prejudice but because Hispanics make up such a LARGE percentage OF THE PROBLEM.

just like the ANTI-Uncle Tom bias in the black sub-culture, groups like La Raza have made it almost impossible for law-and-order Americans of Hispanic descent (read that as Reps or conservatives) to either speak out or be heard when they do.

just like any GOOD HYPHENATED American, the 'Hispanic-American' must need to put his/her ethnicity FIRST... or be labeled a turncoat.

besides, the ONLY immigration 'problem' starts and ends with NON-enforcement of our Laws, period.

Progressives, like you and Obama and Bush and McCain, etc... love to bring up individuals''personal' stories and move the point from border security, national ID, JOBS for Americans AND LAW ENFORCEMENT.

re-read YOUR recent post... it took you exactly two paragraphs to inject racism into a simple question of law enforcement and national security for ALL Americans.

hurry, hurry, hurry...
Well done "higgans", but you have to remember that all they have is the "Race" card!

I've ask this question before but not one "Hispanic" American has answered it.

What do they base their support of Amnesty for 11 Million illegal aliens on, with over half being "Hispanic"?

Level 8

#99163 Feb 2, 2013
Open Letter to John Gibson,Sean Hannity Jorge Ramos, John Boehner,Luis V. Gutierrez,Lindsey Graham &
Susan Collins

11/9/2012

The Gentleman & Lady I've listed above are advocating amnesty for the 12-20 million (wag) illegal aliens in our country . I strongly disagree with their position for the following reasons.

In 1986 President Reagan signed off on a bill granting amnesty to 1 1/2- 2 Million illegal aliens, today I wonder how many thousands more of their family members are here now because of the current Chain Immigration policy in place?

In the past 26 years since President Reagan signed that bill, because of politicians from both parties like Congressman John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez ,Senator Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins who have none nothing to help control both of our borders, except to stick their finger in the dike to appease the voters at home and not offend special interest groups ,12-20 Million more illegal aliens (wag) have entered our country and now because the finger caper didn't work, their solution to the problem is amnesty.

The message that people like John Gibson, Sean Hannity , Jorge Ramos, John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez,Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins are sending to immigrants around the world is that if you can enter our country illegally without getting caught and hide out for another 26 years, then sooner or later another amnesty will be granted.

Case in point, a large number of American Hispanic voters including Chicago Congressman Luis V Gutierrez & Jorge Ramos have again rally their support for amnesty, and are using their vote to blackmail the Democrats into granting it. My question is what are those Hispanic Americans basing their support on?

My answer is it's based on the fact that a large number of the illegal aliens are also Hispanics which would appear to make their support based on race.( Google some of Chicago Congressman Luis V Gutierrez's & Jorge Ramos comments on the subject).

Now if I say I don't support amnesty because it's wrong then those same people yell I'm a "Racist".

We currently have no control of illegal immigration into our country, yet continue to allow in around 900,000 legal immigrations a year, and now John Gibson,Sean Hannity Jorge Ramos, John Boehner, Luis V. Gutierrez, Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins want to add 12-20 Million illegal aliens (wag) to our population (315 Million), which doesn't include the millions more of their family members that will come here legally under the chain migration policy...

My question to John Gibson, Sean Hannity, Jorge Ramos, John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez, Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins that support amnesty is how many more immigrants will our country hold, and how many more legal & illegal ones entering our country will make you happy?

Just because you can walk across our borders or swim / wade across a river doesn't give someone a place at the head of the line here. The line for those people starts inside the border of their own country.

To compound the problem, under the 14 Amendment we have around 300,00 new American Citizens a year who are born in our country to illegal Hispanic women, and yes John, Sean, Jorge, John B., Luis, Lindsey & Susan a lot of them walk or swim/ wade across our borders just to have those new American babies..

My closing comment is granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens is not fair to immigrants waiting in their own country to enter here the legal way and violating our immigration laws should not be rewarded with American Citizenship, it's worth more than that!

The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, "I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

Dave

Level 8

Location hidden

#99164 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I already pointed it out along with a link. Try reading it.
"White American_ wrote:
Summary
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/does-immigra ...
Nor do I think doing a piece meal reform that would only help say, pick a number, is taking care of the problem. We have to address all that are here now. Repeat offenders or offenders of serious crimes we need to get rid of. The rest need to be placed in temporary legal status until they can work their way into a more permanent one."
WA, 14 million Americans are actively seeking work. Of that 14 million, about 7 million of them are in the lowest two tiers of the income sectors $12,400-20,000 approximately. These are the Americans who faced illegal competition. Now, 7 million illegal workers are on the books. If we legalize all of them, what have we done for the 7 million unemployed Americans who are seeking work in that income range?

Well, WA, we took away their jobs that once paid more and parked them on a curb. Employers replaced them with illegals who worked for less. When those illegal workers are made legal, they will have to be paid more in many instances, and they will have been afforded seniority as well. In the meantime, 7 million Americans are still struggling to get back in the game.

Please don't start with "lazy". I can't stand reading that description. Please don't tell me how much harder illegal workers work. They do not. They are like everybody else - some work hard, some do not. What they have up until now had in common as a group is that they work cheaper.

I have such a hard time accepting that what was done wrong to American workers and legal immigrants who also lost jobs and/or had their own wages and income rolled back a decade, have no rights restored to them and are left further behind. That just stays on my mind and makes a broad blanket amnesty so hard to swallow. It's not about compassion and concern for doing the "right thing" for illegals from my standpoint. It's really a question of what are we doing for our own unemployed Americans?

Level 8

#99165 Feb 2, 2013
"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and
into the sunshine of America"
May 17, 2007

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts
Member of the Democratic Party

Level 2

Since: Dec 11

#99167 Feb 2, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
Ann Coulter Refuses to Board Airplane With Black Pilot
Conservative commentator and author Ann Coulter refused to stay on board a Miami to New York commercial airline flight today after learning the pilot was a woman of African-American descent.
According to witness reports Coulter was concerned the experienced, decorated pilot in question may have gained her position as a result of affirmative action and wasn't fully qualified to fly.
http://dailycurrant.com/2013/01/29/ann-coulte...
Research before you commit to that leap of misinformation:

No, Ann Coulter Did NOT Refuse To Board A Plane Because Pilot Was Black

http://www.mediaite.com/online/no-everyone-an...

Level 8

Location hidden

#99168 Feb 2, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done "higgans", but you have to remember that all they have is the "Race" card!
I've ask this question before but not one "Hispanic" American has answered it.
What do they base their support of Amnesty for 11 Million illegal aliens on, with over half being "Hispanic"?
I see it differently. Fear mongers made it into a issue of ethnicity. From the time I came onto these threads, I wish I had a nickel for every time "b*aner" was used or Mexican was used as synonymous with illegal. And, that was never the point. If our southern border neighbor was China, the bulk of illegals would be Chinese, and the situation of unfair competition would be exactly the same regardless of ethnicity or race.

The other part of the phobic reaction is clearly a function of fear. I wish I had another nickel for every time I read about "my people", the "white race" and "genocide", "our culture", "taco eaters", and "brown t*rds". I wish I had a penny for every time I've read the words "Go back to Mexico" directed toward anybody who identified themselves as Hispanic. It's as though Hispanic translates into "unAmerican". Poppycock.

I'd like to have a quarter for everytime I've been called a "Monkey Boy Ho" or "n***er lover" on Topix. I'll take a penny for each time I've seen black and welfare in the same sentence.

You can pretend to yourself that these kinds of losers haven't insulted Hispanic Americans and caused them to wrap their arms around illegal Hispanics in a show of brotherhood and solidarity, but you're lying to yourselves.

Were it not for the hate and animosity Hispanic Americans have seen oozing out of this debate, we might not have lost their balanced perspective as simply fellow Americans impacted like every other American. The haters made it personal, and now? That's what it is: personal. The numbers make the win for illegals inevitable. I'm still hoping that we don't forget our fellow Americans who also come in every ethnicity who had nothing to do with the venom in this debate. They are the true victims of the fruit of prejudice and vitriol and the greed of predator capitalism.
Quirky The Eye

Denver, CO

#99169 Feb 2, 2013
Could health care law 'glitch' price families out of system?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2134891954001/coul...

Global medical company lays off 100 in US, blames ObamaCare

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/01/me...

Unions turn sour on ObamaCare

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2131175127001/unio...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99170 Feb 2, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Research before you commit to that leap of misinformation:
No, Ann Coulter Did NOT Refuse To Board A Plane Because Pilot Was Black
http://www.mediaite.com/online/no-everyone-an...
It was OBVIOUSLY a parody piece, much like what one gets from the Onion. Heck, one of the best flights I ever took WAS piloted by a woman!!!

“God Bless our Republic”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#99172 Feb 2, 2013
"The BIGGER the lie, no matter how absurd, then people will always believe it, for they could never imagine themselves telling such a grand falsity."
This event is brazenly and maliciously being used to brainwash the public about guns, regardless of FACTS.
No motive whatsoever has been established for Adam Lanza doing this, and there is no record of him doing anything cruel to anyone, ever, and yet they are forcing us to believe that he did it, without providing one speck of actual evidence, and despite lying to us from the beginning:

http://www.sandyhookhoax.com/
What

Tallinn, Estonia

#99173 Feb 2, 2013
What?

“God Bless our Republic”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#99174 Feb 2, 2013
The Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse is a term for internet criminals, or the imagery of internet criminals.

like so many other "computer hacker" items, as a tool for the "Four Horsemen": drug-dealers, money-launderers, terrorists, and pedophiles.
17.5.7. "What limits on the Net are being proposed?"
[...]
Newspapers are complaining about the Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse:
terrorists, pedophiles, drug dealers, and money launderers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Media baron joins Quebec's separatist cause (Mar '14) 58 min ozanotokiralama 5
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... 1 hr nobama 5
Distinguished pol 2 hr Le Jimbo 42
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 3 hr R12 Freon 113
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 3 hr Deo Vindice 9
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 5 hr L Morales 27
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr J ValJean 137,084
More from around the web