The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#98949 Feb 1, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>A gentleman??? I guess not.
Never professed to be.. Please don't judas me...
higgans

Marion, IN

#98950 Feb 1, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am open to people of differing opinions. By the time I said anything judgmental or perceived as unkind toward you, you had been both insulting and dishonest toward me. I remember giving you plenty of chances to recognize that I was not here to fight, then perhaps you would take your hostility down a few notches. It didn't happen, so I informed you that I found you verbally abusive and was no longer interested in conversing with you.
Now, as to my thin skin - I am a sensitive, compassionate person. Sorry, but I am proud of that. If you have a problem with that, why not skip over my posts? I'm not going to change for you. I'm honest, curious, sincere, and open to ideas from all sides. If you're not impressed with my knowledge or ability to express ideas, again, feel free to skip over my posts. You say I can't take what I dish out. I disagree. There are a few miserable people here. You are one of them. I dislike people who come in insulting and bullying. This is what you do. I'm not whining, just telling you how it is. You can change, or you can stay the same. But I don't have to put up with you.
You came into this thread on day one, namecalling and belittling. I think YOU are the one who lacks civil debating skills. I'll bet you wonder why you can't get anybody in your life to debate with you. I'm saying this in all sincerity - your abrasiveness and disrespectfulness repel people. It's a shame, you seem very bright. Maybe you came here to fight. I'm here to exchange ideas and learn a thing or two.
I reall don't think we have much more to say to one another.
well, I guess it's time to go back and prove you a liar, AGAIN.
it will take me some time to find our original exchanges and who said what...
stay tuned...
higgans

Marion, IN

#98951 Feb 1, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing: I have a LOT of trouble reading/following your posts, it's not fun trying. And you are very good at taking what I've posted and COMPLETELY twisting/misunderstanding/taki ng HUGE leaps with it. So what you have accused me of in this post, I disagree, but I am not going to argue, since it means going around and around with you.
this is the third or fourth person of the Progressive mindset that has made this claim.
is it ME or them? anybody of a neutral or allied mindset having the same comprehension problems?
maybe I do need to change my 'style'... this BS that people can't read my posts is very, er, troubling.
anybody else care to chime in? seriously, that is...
thanks in advance....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#98952 Feb 1, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do you should be banned for refusing to cooperate with Topix mods.
Really, its spam to us. If you want your own thread start one but quit trying to shove it down uninterested people throats!
higgans

Marion, IN

#98953 Feb 1, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even read his posts for that exact reason, just too time consuming making sense of what he posts.
there's another one....
seriously, what am I doing wrong?

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#98954 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Last I knew the mods removed it. What happen did someone whine to them? and throw another hissy fit? Lmao! Crybabies!
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincohn
For you there is no doubt left.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#98955 Feb 1, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason they call economics the "dismal science", chump. It's predictions are usually anything but scientific. Furthermore, you conveniently ignored the shrinking GDP in your little analysis. That's like saying the Hinderburg's docking procedure went splendidly, apart from the gas explosion during the last few seconds.
Basic macro economics do NOT suggest that you ignore parts of the data that do not support your theory. No science of any sort, dismal or otherwise, makes that suggestion.
Before you post your childish nonsense, I suggest you think them all the way through.
Nice try, still no cigar.
I at least had the good sense to admit that one quarter's numbers do not make for a recession. Because I am not a hopeless ObamaZombie like you, I added a cautionary note. You should imitate my good example instead of leaping to unwarranted (and unsupported) conclusions.
According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, real gross domestic product decreased at an annual rate of 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012. The decrease was primarily due to a decrease in federal government spending.

So. You criticize the gov't for spending too much and then criticize it for dragged down the GDP by a "whopping" 0.1% without realizing that the reason for the decrease in GDP was a result of doing something Republicans have been urging the gov't to do: decrease federal spending.

You won't admit it, so I'll admit it for you. You're just a sore loser. Not so much angry that you and your party lost the election, but rather you're indignant that a black man got elected to the highest office in the nation. Twice. Your outrage stems from your inability to reconcile your imagined white superiority and all the imagined concomitant entitlements and privileges against the realization that you and your party got bested by a black man.

That's what it all boils down to.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#98957 Feb 1, 2013
What has El Presidente of this Banana Republic done for you today?!

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98958 Feb 1, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> Never professed to be.. Please don't judas me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PblMwPRjYmsXX
Ahh posi I'd never judas ya. I've very faithful to most people even those I don't agree with.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#98959 Feb 1, 2013
Rico Retardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake, the site is a wannabe onion.
Real or fake... it was well worth the laugh!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#98960 Feb 1, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincohn
For you there is no doubt left.
Amen!!!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#98961 Feb 1, 2013
Illegal aliens do not come under the conditions of any treaty, therefore, they can be shot on spot!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#98963 Feb 1, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, real gross domestic product decreased at an annual rate of 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012. The decrease was primarily due to a decrease in federal government spending.
So. You criticize the gov't for spending too much and then criticize it for dragged down the GDP by a "whopping" 0.1% without realizing that the reason for the decrease in GDP was a result of doing something Republicans have been urging the gov't to do: decrease federal spending.
You won't admit it, so I'll admit it for you. You're just a sore loser. Not so much angry that you and your party lost the election, but rather you're indignant that a black man got elected to the highest office in the nation. Twice. Your outrage stems from your inability to reconcile your imagined white superiority and all the imagined concomitant entitlements and privileges against the realization that you and your party got bested by a black man.
That's what it all boils down to.
You have to come to terms that some of these people are here for the sake of b*tching and nothing more.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#98964 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
If they continue to post things that have already been removed they need to be banned just like others have been. That includes jaxxon reposting of removed material last night.
Fully agree.... Just wait till I lower the boom on him. I got years of posts.

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98965 Feb 1, 2013
The "conservative" view as defined by a Senator whose sole mission for four years was unseating the President is falling out of favor in America. Here's one example:

Raleigh, N.C. Mitch McConnell is the most unpopular Senator in the country. Only 37% of Kentucky voters approve of him to 55% disapprove. Both in terms of raw disapproval (55%) and net approval (-18) McConnell has the worst numbers of any of his peers, taking that mantle from Nebraska's Ben Nelson. McConnell is predictably very unpopular with Democrats (23/73). But his numbers are almost as bad with independents (33/58) and even with Republicans he's well below the 70-80% approval range you would usually expect for a Senator within their own party (59/28).(cont.)

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/mitch...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#98966 Feb 1, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Positron, eagle, republican honey, american lady, me, etc.
LOL LOL LOL
I don't think you should speak for them. Unless you are...them. ;)

Level 8

Location hidden

#98967 Feb 1, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't tell me anything i don't already know. LOL LOl LOL
About you not being one of the smart ones? Hey, at least you know that much..

lol

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98968 Feb 1, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
there's another one....
seriously, what am I doing wrong?
For my two cents, two things would help:

1) Use paragraph breaks. If you aren't sure what constitutes a paragraph, just insert a few breaks here and there anyway. It can only be an improvement.

2) Stop trying to reinterpret what somebody else has posted. Either allow that they meant exactly what they said, or, if you're not sure, ask them what they meant.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98969 Feb 1, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Illegal aliens do not come under the conditions of any treaty, therefore, they can be shot on spot!
And the one that shoots them can be arrested, tried and executed if the shooting resulted in a death.
Geesh

Level 8

Location hidden

#98970 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
If you do you should be banned for refusing to cooperate with Topix mods.
Really, its spam to us. If you want your own thread start one but quit trying to shove it down uninterested people throats!
Who's "us". It's not spam to me. Please feel free to find another thread. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distinguished pol 11 min Le Jimbo 42
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 1 hr R12 Freon 113
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 1 hr Deo Vindice 9
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 3 hr L Morales 27
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr J ValJean 137,084
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 6 hr spocko 587
The Big Stupid Thread About Everything (Jul '13) 6 hr positronium 545
More from around the web