The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98510 Jan 31, 2013
Fox News Propaganda Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole system is corrupt and Republicans and Democrats like it that way.
We The People always lose no matter who is in charge of DC.
----------
Americans need a viable third and fourth party who will represent “We The People” instead of the wealthy few who own Congress!
Progressive Democrats / http://pdamerica.org/
Green Party / http://gp.org/index.php
Ralph Nader / http://www.votenader.org/
Ron Paul / http://www.campaignforliberty.com/
Libertarian Party / http://www.lp.org/

AL said:
YES they ARE, I have ALWAYS said THAT!
Rino's & Rats!

I do NOT CARE what the 'party' is CALLED!
The party of US, the God-fearing PEOPLE is who needs to STICK together!

By God fearing I do NOT mean to be AFRAID of Him! Fear of God IS the beginning of WISDOM. He is reverent! Omnipresent!

You can run BUT you can't HIDE
... from Him!
Wherever "you" go, there you ARE!
You can NOT run from your troubles!

He is everywhere! ALL seeing, all KNOWING! <3

Just like getting DRUNK...
You CAN do that & FORGET your troubles, when that WAY!
BUT as soon as you SOBER up ...
Your SAME troubles are STILL there, and MOST times MORE of them, because of your actions while that way! Being an IDIOT!

Jesus Christ drank wine.
He just didn't do it in "excess" ...
Anything excessive is sinning - Gluttony
Eating too much is as sinful as drinking TOO much!

You have to learn how to say NO!

THAT is called self control!

The God 'ideology' is WHAT "works" ...
Because when WE flourished, we were acting as Christians!

As the United States Constitution INTENDED!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98511 Jan 31, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, YOU have. LOL!
Don't you have any tricks left to do?
Tricks are FOR kids ;0)

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#98512 Jan 31, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And who's gonna prosecute ConAgra? And is it worth it to prosecute Joe Smoe's Roofing Company?
Which raises an interesting logical conundrum. If a ban on illegal immigrants in every way, shape and form would rid us of the damage and evils of illegal immigration, then why would not a similar ban on guns produce similar results?
You might want to take a look at some of the research The Pew Hispanic Research Center has done about the concentration of undocumented workers in several specific occupations and industries.

Roofing in particular.

The percentage of illegal workers in some occupations (such as roofing) runs as much as 4X the percentage of illegal immigrants in the overall population.

So yes, it might very well be worth the effort of cracking down on "Joe Smoe's Roofing Company".

As far as Conagra?

LARGE FOOD COMPANY RECEIVES MASSIVE FINE FOR EMPLOYING ILLEGAL WORKERS

"ConAgra Inc., one of the nation's largest food manufacturing companies, agreed to pay a fine of $225,000 for knowingly hiring illegal workers at the company's chicken plant in Kentucky...

...The announcement of the fine comes on the heels of a report issued by Congress which estimated that as many as 25 percent of the workers at Midwestern meatpacking plants are working illegally.

http://www.visalaw.com/98may/11may98.html

So, yes, huge corporations can be prosecuted for hiring illegal workers.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98514 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:

Illegal immigration ranks high among concerns for the general public. What you don't see reported, but which I frequently hear mentioned, is the anger of unemployed American workers toward illegal workers who are employed in jobs they would willingly do. Nobody in politics wants to discuss this hugely important issue. We not only need to discuss it now, we need to take concrete steps to end the disparity soon. To ignore the problem is to invite it to continue until conflict is inevitable. Because I am genuinely convinced that Comprehensive Immigration Reform is a priority, given our economic forecast with respect to jobs, I have consulted with others and have given the problem a lot of thought in hope of finding a solution.

To summarize the proposal, we would afford a conversion of some of those here illegally who have been working, contributing and paying taxes into temporary guest workers only (with NO pathway to citizenship). We would compel employers of illegals to immediately sever non-qualified workers at the inception of the program and replace those workers with American citizen workers and/or legal immigrant workers. The value in this proposal is that we can free up as many as 3-5 million jobs immediately at inception, separate the productive workforce from the cash pay day underground economy illegals and those who are subsidized by welfare entitlement (primarily from their American born children.)

We would be able to send a clear message globally that illegally immigrating to America will never provide you the highest honor we have to bestow: citizenship. For that honor, you must stand in the line and wait your turn at admission.

The legislator who could provide 3-5 million jobs for unemployed Americans not only would be hailed as a hero to those Americans who would benefit, he/she would be a hero to their extended families and the communities in which so many unemployed Americans reside and which are afflicted by poverty and unemployment.

That legislator would be able to level the playing field for formerly illegal but diligent workers and gain the respect of millions of Americans of Hispanic descent who seek resolution that doesn't encompass mass deportation which is often viewed as ethnic in intent (regardless of facts).

Those here illegally who would not make the cut would be subject to ongoing deportation efforts, but the numbers subject to being deported would be cut in half. Going forward, the reason to enter illegally (jobs) would be greatly diminished. This would make the job of Border Patrol and I.C.E. much more manageable than is the case today.

(CONTINUED:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98515 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to take a look at some of the research The Pew Hispanic Research Center has done about the concentration of undocumented workers in several specific occupations and industries.
Roofing in particular.
The percentage of illegal workers in some occupations (such as roofing) runs as much as 4X the percentage of illegal immigrants in the overall population.
So yes, it might very well be worth the effort of cracking down on "Joe Smoe's Roofing Company".
As far as Conagra?
"ConAgra Inc., one of the nation's largest food manufacturing companies, agreed to pay a fine of $225,000 for knowingly hiring illegal workers at the company's chicken plant in Kentucky...
...The announcement of the fine comes on the heels of a report issued by Congress which estimated that as many as 25 percent of the workers at Midwestern meatpacking plants are working illegally.
98 ???
ROTFL ...

Level 8

Location hidden

#98516 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL OUTLINE - PART I:

Below is a general outline without detailed specifics, simply because the details should be worked out and agreed to by our legislative bodies. That said, I hope you will consider this proposal as one that requires both sides of the issue to make allowances that would ultimately benefit both sides of the issue and definitely provide relief to American workers and taxpayers.

Here is how it works:

1) A temporary amnesty is awarded all who are present illegally for 90 days (TBD). A public announcement is circulated that the United States Government is affording a one time only opportunity to apply for legal temporary guest worker positions. Applicants must have resided and worked in the U.S.A. for no fewer than 5 or 10 consecutive years (TBD), have filed tax returns with the IRS using their legitimate ITIN number and invalid social security number. They must come forward, apply for the program and sign a waiver with the IRS permitting release of their tax filings in order to qualify.

2) Applicants must notify their respective employers that they have applied to remain and work in the U.S.A. legally. Employers of illegals are granted a one time only pass on penalty or fine for employing illegal workers and will cooperate with government officials in any electronic request on their employee(s).

Applicants will be entered into a separate E-Verify database which is mandatory for all employers to use to authenticate worker status.
Applicants will undergo fingerprinting identification which data will be entered into a National crime database for access by law enforcement.

3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.

4) Those accepted into the program must register their permanent address with DHS and keep it current with their employer. They must respond to mail inquiries from program administrators or be subject to being terminated from the program.

Accepted and enrolled TGW will be eligible to apply for and receive a valid driver's license in their states of residence that identify TGW status and which may be used as proof of legal status in any encounter with law enforcement or in transacting routine business.
(CONTINUED:)

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98517 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whenever anybody told me I couldn't do something - I went to that poem for courage. All of my life, the things that people told me I couldn't do, I just got more inspired to find out for myself. There is never shame in failing. Even if that happens, you learned something, and hopefully you don't repeat it. The shame is in never trying and living in regret. Many of our greatest success stories (financially) have been people who went bankrupt. On the other side, they came out swinging, and then fully recognizing where they fell short, they didn't make the same mistake twice.
But, the reality of poverty in America is not so simple. Some will escape the bonds. Many more will try valiantly and won't. I don't assign those folks any less value, and probably more human value, than SOME guys on Wall Street who amassed fortunes by screwing people over.
Anyone with 2 hours, 6 minutes and 21 seconds to kill can learn to lift themselves from poverty.

Level 8

Location hidden

#98518 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART II.

5) Temporary guest workers are subject to removal from the program for any felony conviction including DUI or domestic abuse. TGW are not eligible for public welfare other than emergency health care as mandated by federal law. They are responsible for the care and support of immediate family members ONLY who will be permitted to stay and be supported solely by the TGW.

No TGW is permitted to reside in taxpayer funded housing unless he/she is the primary caregiver and legal guardian (parent) of an American born child who is eligible. All others who have been staying with extended family members will be provided a ninety day window to move into the private sector and show proof of the relocation.

6) All temporary guest workers will have payroll taxes deducted and income reported. Social Security contributions will be held in a separate interest bearing account to be returned to the TGW at voluntary departure from the program and upon exit from the country, or at termination of the program.

TGWs must be paid at least minimum wage, be entitled to all legal protections afforded all workers, and they are eligible to participate in employer sponsored benefits afforded all other employees.

Any TGW who resigns his/her job, or is terminated due to job force reduction, will be afforded 90 days in which to become reemployed, or he/she will be terminated from the program and his/her driver's license will be electronically revoked.

The foreign born children of TGW will be admitted to public schools without penalty and are eligible to participate in school lunch programs afforded low income families (if applicable). They are not entitled to food stamps or Medicaid.

Anybody not accepted into this program is somebody who is either contributing to the underground cash economy which deprives government of tax revenues which we can ill afford, is living through criminal enterprise, or is somebody who is supported by public welfare for their American born child at taxpayer expense. We have enough of our own unemployed Americans that nothing but resentment comes of supporting those here illegally as well.

How do we handle the American born children of illegal immigrants? Activist organizations contend that these children are Americanized and would face grave emotional upheaval. I contend that any child age five or under is not yet Americanized and would sustain no emotional harm by accompanying his/her parents home to their countries of birth. THAT problem is addressed by electing the five (5) year option.

For any mother who steps forward during the temporary amnesty period, the Federal Government will afford a ONE TIME ONLY offer of stipend for parent and child (TBD) that is sufficient to resettle the family in their country of origin. Failure to accept the offer during the temporary amnesty will subject the parent to deportation only without stipend at the conclusion of the enrollment period. The advantage to U.S. taxpayers of this approach as opposed to subsidizing children and mother for as many as eighteen years is substantial and material and worth the one time only investment of tax dollars.

If parents prefer not to take their children home, they may remand them to the custody of a legal family member or place them up for adoption. The mother of said child/children will have a two month window during which she may change her mind. Thereafter, the state is deemed the sole custodian of the child and may place them in foster care or up for adoption.

The single most significant message we can deliver to the world at large is that U.S. citizenship is not on the table for those who violate our immigration laws. With clearly documented TGW, we have set a quota as to their numbers at this point in time and resolved the issue.(cont.)

Level 8

Location hidden

#98519 Jan 31, 2013
END:

Americans want a solution to illegal workers. They oppose "Amnesty" as characterized in every proposal which has been discussed by either party. This outline is a way to incorporate those illegal workers who have made a commitment and contribution to America. Just as importantly, it is a way to open the door to young Americans at a time when need has never been greater

Level 8

Location hidden

#98521 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the letter is popping up on some military (related) sites I go to regularly and consider trustworthy.
It's the letter itself that I find odd.
I just can't make myself believe it's legit unless I see the signatures.
From what I understand it's being distributed to and published by various right leaning sites and media outlets minus the signatures.
I'm with you on that: no signatures, no validity. We have no proof that these folks actually did endorse that letter.

Level 6

Location hidden

#98522 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
98 ???
ROTFL ...
Yes Gus, 1998.

There was a specific question about who was going to prosecute Conagra for hiring illegal workers.

The fact is that it has been done before and it could be done again.

Please try to keep up.
What Ever Do You Mean

Los Angeles, CA

#98523 Jan 31, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick around. It's going to get messy.=)
Too bad you couldn't stick around longer.

Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Hey Goodbye
http://youtu.be/WV0bqASKAY8

Gone but not forgotten
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/hellonhee...
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#98524 Jan 31, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>it wouldn't take very many prosecutions to get the point across.
You can't ban gun, unless the Constitution is amended and the way the 2nd amendment is written, it would be a violation of the Constitution to even try.
I understand gun ownership is protected, but putting that aside for the moment, the point I was trying to make was if the logic was good for the gander, then why is it not good for the goose?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98525 Jan 31, 2013
That's the libs problem ...- doubters
Conservatives - Believers

;0)

Level 6

Location hidden

#98527 Jan 31, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand gun ownership is protected, but putting that aside for the moment, the point I was trying to make was if the logic was good for the gander, then why is it not good for the goose?
From my point of view the comparison you made is not legitimate.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#98528 Jan 31, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
What some people on here find amusing never ceases to amaze me.
How have i been tricked?
Some things truly are amusing, but you have to have a sense of humor and understand the dynamics and the people posting here.

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't get it anyway. It was funny just the same.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98531 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Gus, 1998.
There was a specific question about who was going to prosecute Conagra for hiring illegal workers.
Please try to keep up.
WHY sue the people putting FOOD on your table ...???

dum-de-dum-DUMB!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#98532 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Roofing in particular.
As far as Conagra?
Did it help?

Like the tobacco industry lawsuits, getting sued is just part of doing business.

PS: that fine ConAgra paid? It represented 0.01875 of their revenue, or $1.87 of $1,000.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98533 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Gus, 1998.
Please try to keep up.
Do NOT call me Gus!
PUNK =)

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#98534 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
That's the libs problem ...- doubters
Conservatives - Believers
;0)
your problem,

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT

http://youtu.be/2GCr1eTbxbw

MANFRED MANN
Holy Ghost! Video

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 11 min Valerie 135,788
Fight For Immigration Reform Builds Supports in... 1 hr Bama Yankee 11
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 2 hr dirtbag1958 1
How a Republican Stays Afloat in a Hispanic-Maj... 3 hr dirtbag1958 1
Letter: Congress needs message of compassion, r... 3 hr dirtbag1958 3
Poll: Voters support legal path for immigrants 3 hr dirtbag1958 2
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 3 hr dirtbag1958 1,866
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••