The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336682 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#98287 Jan 30, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Just so you all know, the Old Man account has been cloned twice now and the posts were not from the original poster.
And more than likely it was Rico , or Kevin who did it!
ima

El Paso, TX

#98289 Jan 30, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW TRUE, Quirky....bet you're right.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98290 Jan 30, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY TOPIX! WHY AREN'T THERE ANY SMILEY FACE JUDGITS?
They withhold them from short people. Didn't you get the memo?
Rico in Covina

West Covina, CA

#98291 Jan 30, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> HOW TRUE, Quirky....bet you're right.
You're wrong!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98293 Jan 30, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals are lazy. For instance: A deer is capable of jumping a fifteen foot high fence yet deer frequently get tangled in fences as low as three feet because it jumps only as high as it thinks it needs to jump to make it over and it calculated wrong.
People are animals too. People as a whole are capable of sending a man to the moon and bringing him back safely. However, most people are doing just the minimum that they absolutely have to just to get buy. Sure, many people dream about having more than enough, but most are unwilling or unable to go that extra mile to make it happen so they satisfice and make excuses and assign blame for not achieving greater things in life.
Does this mean that if American workers don't work harder and spend longer at training, and illegal immigrants get jobs they need, they're.......bad and lazy? I don't see it that way. I see business greed and indifference to what they are creating - too many American men who are frustrated and angry. That has consequences, and I see some of them right here on Topix. Where is the equity in the formula to stop illegal immigration and find a solution that provides some relief for American job seekers?

155,000 New Jobs Added, But Black Unemployment Rises
January 4, 2013 | Posted by Nick Chiles

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/01/04/155000...

Finding work is still a major headache in the black community. December overall job growth numbers in the U.S. indicate an increase of about 155,000 new jobs, with the unemployment rate still at 7.8 percent. While these figures are similar to previous months, the black unemployment rate saw a significant increase, signaling a challenge for President Barack Obama in his second term if he is going to make a difference for the black community.

The black jobless rate jumped from 13.2 percent in November to 14 percent in December, which is a big rise because the rate only includes people who are still actively looking for work.(cont.)

They're looking for work.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#98294 Jan 30, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
I "crossed" that line
And made MY point =)
And there's NOT a thing 'you' can do about it.
You salty old dog!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98295 Jan 30, 2013
Arrest numbers signal 9 percent jump in illegal immigration in 2012

By Stephen Dinan

-

The Washington Times

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Even as President Obama travels to Las Vegas Tuesday to call for legalizing illegal immigrants, the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nationís southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.

The Border Patrol made 356,873 arrests along the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2012, up from 327,577 in 2011, according to figures obtained by the Associated Press and confirmed by The Washington Times. Border Patrol officials estimate that apprehensions are a good proxy for illegal crossings, so when the numbers go up, it means that the flow of illegal immigrants is going up as well.(cont.)

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98296 Jan 30, 2013
Ralfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere on earth is there a better place to pray and meditate than on a bank of a stream running through the forest.
You said it.

For me anyway, there's nothing like the trout fishing here in October - right after the streams are restocked and the foliage is at its peak. The skies are that cobalt blue you see only in the early fall, the air at its freshest, the silence at its most golden.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#98297 Jan 30, 2013
Ralfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to the right of it.
I did some work near there 3 or 4 years ago. One of the firm used to live near there then.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#98298 Jan 30, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no idea of what you say, or how you are saying it.
THAT was the US ambassador done this way.
That is their way of taking a man's dignity right before he dies, or possibly after. I was not there, but lots of people have seen the reports, and know of that stuff. More than me.
I'm standing up for Our Countrymen who DIED while protecting your sorry azz! For you to get on here and ACT as you DO!
Unbecoming to America!
WA and Freespirit8 Look and think alot a-like. Both clueless as a doorknob.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98299 Jan 30, 2013
Immigration reform: Will 'amnesty' produce more illegal immigration?

Supporters of immigration reform that includes of a path to citizenship say that the US is not as attractive a destination as it once was for illegal immigration.

By Gloria Goodale, Staff writer / January 28, 2013

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/0128/Immigr...

......But, just as there promises to be no easy consensus on a final deal, there is little agreement about how much the overall reforms will actually stem the flow of illegal immigration across Americaís borders. Critics of the proposals say a path to citizenship invites more undocumented migrants, while supporters of the move to legalize many who have lived and worked in the US for years say it is not an open invitation to new illegal immigration.(cont.)

Not as attractive and yet the numbers are up 9% this year alone after the President and Homeland Security assured us that the "border has never been more secure". Hummm.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#98300 Jan 30, 2013
Welcome to Pooh Corner to the Utmost

&li st=FLiAFR7CrZGznWeUUsWfECTA

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98302 Jan 30, 2013
Household Survey Data

The number of unemployed persons, at 12.2 million, was little changed
in December. The unemployment rate held at 7.8 percent and has been at
or near that level since September.(See table A-1.)
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

Friday, January 4, 2013

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult women
(7.3 percent) and blacks (14.0 percent) edged up in December, while
the rates for adult men (7.2 percent), teenagers (23.5 percent),
whites (6.9 percent), and Hispanics (9.6 percent) showed little or no
change. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.6 percent (not seasonally
adjusted), little changed from a year earlier.(See tables A-1, A-2,
and A-3.)

Level 5

Location hidden

#98303 Jan 30, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>No, not you!! I meant that for rico...he made a promise to me not to use that word quite some time ago, and he has held to his promise. That makes me very happy! Have a good evening.
Thanks for clearing that up! I knew that is not a word I would use.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#98304 Jan 30, 2013
Ralfff wrote:
<quoted text>
By that I assume you mean keep the landing gear up. And don't be afraid to raise the finger next to that either!
Not quite but that works too.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#98305 Jan 30, 2013

Level 1

Location hidden

#98306 Jan 30, 2013
In June 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 AGAINST a handgun ban in the city of Chicago in McDonald v. Chicago.

But just four days after the Supreme Court decision, the Chicago City Council adopted the Responsible Gun Owners Ordinance which, among other restrictions, requires prospective gun owners to take a firearm safety course at a gun range in order to obtain a permit to own a gun in a home. At the same time, the city councilís decision placed a virtual ban on gun ranges in the city.

In Chicago, there have been 470 murders within its city limits in 2012, as of Dec. 2, a 19 percent increase in homicide from 2011, when there were 394 murders.

Those numbers are from the Chicago Police Departmentís city wide crime statistics report, covering up through Nov. 25. Further reporting from Chicago media places the number of murders in Chicago at 485 as of Dec. 2.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#98307 Jan 30, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#98308 Jan 30, 2013
Almost a third of the unemployed in America are those in the low income sector ($12,499 or less), followed by about nineteen percent who are unemployed in the next income sector ($12,500-20,000). These are figures from 2010, but I seriously doubt the overall percentages has changed significantly or suddenly shifted unemployment to higher income sectors. Could be wrong, but I could locate current data.

So, when we talk about illegal immigrant competition, we're talking about a large segment of those who are unemployed who are directly competing in the same income sectors.

What's in the current immigration reform proposals to assist them, or are they just not worth considering because the didn't go to college or get degrees?

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#98309 Jan 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I did some work near there 3 or 4 years ago. One of the firm used to live near there then.
Oh, you're familiar with southern Indiana?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 min Quirky 138,673
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... 1 min WE PORK HICKS 211
News Victor Davis Hanson 6 hours ago 51 min USA 2
News Jindal: Bush 'got it wrong' on immigration 2 hr Beauty Through Order 25
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 3 hr Christsharian Law 4
News Lawmaker: school aid for illegal immigrants wrong (Oct '08) 4 hr Real farts 5
News Rising murders of citizens by illegal aliens bl... 4 hr tomin cali 7
More from around the web