The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 4,128)

Showing posts 82,541 - 82,560 of218,243
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine too. There's always going to be someone who can't stand to see people get along. It's shameful how petty and ugly some people can be.
I've got to be honest with you X.

After last nights episode on the mods thread with oaky and old man I was finished with Topix altogether.

I had a series of posts ready to go that would have no doubt seen my account banned and that was going to be my swan song, but I stopped by this thread first and I read that post and it gave me reason to pause.

I realized that despite the trolls and the psychos and the stalkers there are some real, genuine, honest people here.

Doesn't matter one bit if those people think I'm wrong about every opinion I have. It just matters that they are sincere and only want to express their view of things as much as I do.

There may be some people that never forgive Teddy4me for providing the inspiration that changed my heart, but fate put it it right there in front of me and I am grateful for that.

I have to rethink how I approach all of this and focus on the genuine people and not the haters.

It was an unexpected gift that stopped me in my tracks just before I crossed the line and became just like the people I was so angry with for treating others with so much disrespect.

It was a humbling experience and gave me good reason to take a good long look at myself.

Anyway, I never expected this morning on Topix to turn out this way, but I'm glad it did.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm speechless. Imagine that? Just know that your respect is returned ten fold and I appreciate not only the friendship we've built but the perspectives you've shared that have helped me to understand and grow. That's the way it should work. ;)
My pleasure, young'un! I hope you have a good one! Hey, the girls won the first game of the tourney last night, and play again tomorrow night. Win or lose they are champions!!! My daughter is "da bomb"! The offciating was bothersome, because the team they played was...all white, and they were allowed to get away with some dirty moves. Our team is...black and white, but the starters are mostly black. What was happening was pretty obvious, but as I always say, when it's meant to be, it just turns our right. This win and those trophies just may be the only bright spot in some of these girls' lives...so it's all good. If they lose, they will know they gave it their all, but the scales were being tipped just a bit in favor of the lesser team! I can't help it, some of those girls were once mine, so I am overtly proud of their accomplishments!

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
After last nights episode on the mods thread with oaky and old man I was finished with Topix altogether.
I had a series of posts ready to go that would have no doubt seen my account banned and that was going to be my swan song, but I stopped by this thread first and I read that post and it gave me reason to pause.
I realized that despite the trolls and the psychos and the stalkers there are some real, genuine, honest people here.
Doesn't matter one bit if those people think I'm wrong about every opinion I have. It just matters that they are sincere and only want to express their view of things as much as I do.
There may be some people that never forgive Teddy4me for providing the inspiration that changed my heart, but fate put it it right there in front of me and I am grateful for that.
I have to rethink how I approach all of this and focus on the genuine people and not the haters.
It was an unexpected gift that stopped me in my tracks just before I crossed the line and became just like the people I was so angry with for treating others with so much disrespect.
It was a humbling experience and gave me good reason to take a good long look at myself.
Anyway, I never expected this morning on Topix to turn out this way, but I'm glad it did.
I understand where you're coming from. I'm glad you decided to stick around.

I hope you never let the disgruntled posters here silence you.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>

I guess by now we know that some of the people that call themselves conservatives around here are nothing more than a gang of bitter rejects that won't tolerate anyone that doesn't fall in line, but I wanted to commend you for this post.
My issue is with most of the media and both major political parties.

They continue to cultivate and promote the attitude to reject and disparage those who don't "fall in line." All have contributed greatly to this unprecedented animosity.

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap, you guys have brought me to tears!!!! I think I have just adopted you!!!! I am glad that you made the decision to regroup and reboot. There will always be those who can't accept our opinions, but as long as you keep your cool, and hold fast to your heart and convictions, you will have done the best you can. Be strong and try to be fair. Some people will never change, but many do, and sometimes your enemy can suddenly become your best friend. I have found that to be true in school, kids that drove me up the wall the first semester, suddenly became, I hate to say this but more special, even my favorites, when I realized what their true stories were. One of my black co-workers used to tell everybody that those rotten black boys always loved me and listened to me when I gave them hell, and I did, because I knew what they were capable of, and knew they needed to believe they were essentially good, because not even their moms thought they were. Those stories and those kids' successes, because I pushed their buttons and chose to be their advocate, made what I did so rewarding. I have a soft spot for the little black boys, because so many of them are so misguided, unloved, misunderstood and never given enough encouragement. I loved all the kids, but steered to the troubled ones. Maybe it's a way of completing my purpose on this earth, because I was not able to finish raising my son beccause of his early death, I don't know, but I wanted to heal the hearts and minds of those kids and steer them in the right direction. When I am out in public, it's those black boys that nearly knock me down when they see me, they never forget that I loved them! Have a purpose, set a goal, it's all good!!! Okay, no more about this...we are all good...everybody. Hold no grudges...kindness really works!
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thrilled to see some actual respectful dialog passing between people of opposing viewpoints.
Keep up the good work.
I have chosen not to even read those who just rant and rave against their presumed "opponents" here.
Hopefully those who do will tire of the respect and lack of hateful dialog and go elsewhere.
Thank you.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
"you come here day in and day out posting the most radical right wing hyperbole one can imagine."
Why don't you post just one example of me "posting the most radical right wing hyperbole one can imagine."?
I know you never sleep and that you hide in hours of slow thread movement. You are always busy clicking judge its when you have the strength and you're always posting under many avatars.
Surely this will be an easy task for you. Bring it! LMAO!
"I know you never sleep and that you hide in hours of slow thread movement. You are always busy clicking judge its when you have the strength and you're always posting under many avatars."

Thank you for confirming that your comments are always filled with typical radical right wing hyperbole.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made so much progress with your progressive agenda. When you address freako in this cordial way it brings tears to my eyes. I love your brand of progress.
Can I have a kleenex please?
And as expected... you lash out a typical radical right wing comment full of hyperbole. Seriously, is there no intellect in that empty skull of yours that can rebut the comment NTR presented?

Apparently not... as that's the modus operandi of a typical radical right wing nut.

LMFAO!!!

Keep up the Dee Dee Dee.... we're all laughing at you!!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "poozE"? Is that "Christian" talk? hmm..
I better flag and report that to be safe. ;)
I noticed that geezna is using her low iq vernacular now.

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thrilled to see some actual respectful dialog passing between people of opposing viewpoints.
Keep up the good work.
I have chosen not to even read those who just rant and rave against their presumed "opponents" here.
Hopefully those who do will tire of the respect and lack of hateful dialog and go elsewhere.
Thank you.
Kudos to you!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the loons come out in defense of the deviant homo sexers.
Homosexuality will NEVER be normal.
So Freespirit8, why is gay sex a good thing? It's been proven long ago that gays cannot have children by drilling in the same wrong places. It simply ain't normal.
Yeah we have choices...
"Homosexuality will NEVER be normal."

Neither will you.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Those crazy people are the real threat. They hate the black President and simply cannot control themselves.
Some militias are nothing more than white supremacist organizations hiding behind the 2nd amendment. Anyways... it's their hate that is not only their character defect... but will be their demise as well.

I bet you all the gun toting right wing nuts think making death threats to anyone as "Christian acceptable" and instead focus on playing the victim as if making death threats is ok in the USA.

Stay tuned for all the radical right wing hate coming to this comment.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
MILITIA LEADER, 28, GETS 26 YEARS FOR TOUGH TALK
Schaeffer Cox, leader of the Alaska Peacekeeper Militia (APM), was sentenced on January 8 to a staggering 26 years in prison after he was accused of plotting to kill government employees. But those who know the 28-year-old believe he is a good patriot who has been railroaded by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and federal prosecutors because of his outspoken beliefs and opposition to tyranny.
“I put myself here, with my own words, and I feel horrible about that, and I hurt my family, and that’s who’s really paying,” he said at a hearing in federal court in Anchorage.
Read more: http://americanfreepress.net/...
It was not tough talk... it was stupid talk. This militia was lucky that Obama did not send an armed drone to their barn command center and drop a few bombs on their azzes.

I've found out that if you want to do something bad.... you don't announce it to the public.... unless you're a dumb azz!!!!
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither will you.
I have no idea how old you are, nor do I care, but hopefully as generations pass, more and more intolerant people will be gone and tolerance and acceptance will be the norm. I'm old, and some of my generation feel as you do, but thankfully our children are more accepting of differences.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know do you?
Surely you're not expecting me to know what you are "hearing" do you?
Get help lady.
Hell on Heels might deny being American Lady but like most trolls.... tHey'rE a cReAturE oF haBit And alWayS rEVert tO thEIr oRiGinal COMMENT StYling aND POMPus cLIChe bLATHer!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither will you.
I apologize, Rico -- in my post above, I attributed the first line of your text (above) to be from you. I understand now that is not the case and am sorry. My sentiment is the same, but it is not directed at you.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
Why Sandy Hook Massacre Spawned Conspiracy Theories
One month after the Sandy Hook school shootings, the list of victims continues to grow. One man, Gene Rosen — who found six children and a bus driver in his driveway, brought them into his home, fed them and called parents to assure them that their children were safe — has been harassed by telephone, email and online by those who think he is lying about his actions, and is part of a conspiracy.
Rosen is not the first hero to be assaulted and insulted by conspiracy theorists with doubts. In 2002, when conspiracy theorist Bart Sibrel confronted astronaut Buzz Aldrin and called him a "coward and a liar" for faking the moon landings, the 72-year-old promptly punched Sibrel in the face.
A group called the Sandy Hook Truther movement has emerged from the dust and chaos over the past weeks to claim that the school shooting was all a staged event. Though many Americans are outraged and incredulous that anyone could doubt that the tragedy even happened, the Sandy Hook school shootings follow classic conspiracy thinking. Here are a few reasons why.
Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/why-sandy-hook-massacre...
Though I think that a Sandy Hook conspiracy is a conglomeration of wild allegations is nothing more than right wing rhetoric... this would not be the USA... if we did not question "EVERYTHING" when massacres like this happen.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Cutting the military to pre 9/11 troop levels, integrating women in combat units; the President is a failure.
We're the United States of America... not the Imperialist States of the World. It's time to cut defense down and focus on Homeland issues.

You do know that some of the reasons for the demise of the Roman Empire is that they spread themselves too thin and committed too much bloodshed?

Apparently you think that's a good thing.

So why do you wish for the demise of the USA? Do you hate Americans?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

holdencolfield75 wrote:
<quoted text>Is the internet normal?
Gneeza once role-played a girl and chased a man around for awhile... later on gneeza became a man..... then flip flopped!!!!! Comments are in the archives and plenty of people here will vouch & clarify what I've said but there was definitely some gender flip flopping going on!!!

Is that normal?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot about the repeal of Don't Ask Don't tell.
Gay and Lesbian Americans are now serving openly and with their honor intact.
Does that count as a failure in your world too?
For those of us who have served it's one of the most important advancements toward equality in recent memory.
I was just wondering how you view that achievement in light of your other "complaints".
Success or failure?
Gay men who serve in the US military... have more courage than *****!!!

I bet that's petty humiliating to a heterosexual right wing Republican with a bad case of John Wayne Syndrome.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,541 - 82,560 of218,243
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••