The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#97755 Jan 29, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
I see the judge it mast*rbater is on the prowl.
LOL! That's all they have left.

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#97756 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this about Obama's proposals.
Still looking it over myself.
Transcript: President Obama's Immigration Reform Outline
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/...
Not happy. If people think this will pass Congress, the borders will look like a traffic jam in the coming months. The promise of a way to earn citizenship (even if you get here next week, there are NO restrictions) is a deal breaker for me. There are no distinctions made for who may earn the pathway - except for criminals, and criminals have never had a pathway - so, no changes there.

This proposal does NOTHING for displaced American workers, and actually keeps the ones who were left behind even further behind the soon to be "former" illegals who replaced them. They're still on the outside looking in, and if wages do increase, they'll increase for the very people who replaced them.

I suppose I must acknowledge I am pouting and will oppose this plan. The worst part of this is I can't find anything in the plan that discourages future illegal immigration while it does guarantee that we'll very likely be receiving extended family members, many who probably have no skills or education themselves and whose options will be in the low wage sectors when they do get here.

Can you say "ongoing glut" - continuing low wages (maybe a tiny bit better, but low so long as more low skilled or unskilled folks keep turning up through expedited family reunification).

There are other parts of the proposal with which I have no disagreement (keeping graduates of our schools, affording pathway to citizenship to Dream Act candidates, making entry easier for those wishing to start businesses). But, the overall plan is a bummer as far as I'm concerned, because EVERYBODY not criminal qualifies, and it will have an impact on Social Security and Medicare that we can ill afford as well as welfare programs once LPR is earned.

Did I get any part of that wrong or miss something?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97757 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Jaxxon, I'll read up on it.

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#97758 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting the link Jaxxon,
I don't like what I've read so far, too many loopholes too easy to qualify for amnesty, besides the additional costs of higher education for "dreamers" will handcuff a public university system that's currently operating on a shoestring budget.
They need to fine tune this proposal, it won't pass in its current draft.....That's how I feel about it.

Level 8

Mount Vesuvius

#97759 Jan 29, 2013
They also need to immediately declare that only those who have been here illegally prior to let's say 2010 are elligible for amnesty.
We then would discourage potential amnesty seekers from flooding our Country.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97761 Jan 29, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like what I've read so far, too many loopholes too easy to qualify for amnesty, besides the additional costs of higher education for "dreamers" will handcuff a public university system that's currently operating on a shoestring budget.
They need to fine tune this proposal, it won't pass in its current draft.....That's how I feel about it.
V, you had said that you were going to discuss education as relates to illegal immigration. This would be a good time, if you don't mind, to discuss that part of it. Frankly, I hadn't tuned into it, and you seem to be in the loop. Thanks.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97762 Jan 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not happy. If people think this will pass Congress, the borders will look like a traffic jam in the coming months. The promise of a way to earn citizenship (even if you get here next week, there are NO restrictions) is a deal breaker for me. There are no distinctions made for who may earn the pathway - except for criminals, and criminals have never had a pathway - so, no changes there.
This proposal does NOTHING for displaced American workers, and actually keeps the ones who were left behind even further behind the soon to be "former" illegals who replaced them. They're still on the outside looking in, and if wages do increase, they'll increase for the very people who replaced them.
I suppose I must acknowledge I am pouting and will oppose this plan. The worst part of this is I can't find anything in the plan that discourages future illegal immigration while it does guarantee that we'll very likely be receiving extended family members, many who probably have no skills or education themselves and whose options will be in the low wage sectors when they do get here.
Can you say "ongoing glut" - continuing low wages (maybe a tiny bit better, but low so long as more low skilled or unskilled folks keep turning up through expedited family reunification).
There are other parts of the proposal with which I have no disagreement (keeping graduates of our schools, affording pathway to citizenship to Dream Act candidates, making entry easier for those wishing to start businesses). But, the overall plan is a bummer as far as I'm concerned, because EVERYBODY not criminal qualifies, and it will have an impact on Social Security and Medicare that we can ill afford as well as welfare programs once LPR is earned.
The "fact sheet" I've been reading seems to be heavy on rhetoric and a little light on the facts.

All generalities and talking points and positively glowing about what a brilliant "common sense" plan this is.

Makes me suspicious from the start.

I'd like to see something in writing that explains exactly how they plan to accomplish the things they're talking about.

Any idea where a person could find something like that? Just the facts without all the editorial.

Level 8

Mount Vesuvius

#97763 Jan 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not happy. If people think this will pass Congress, the borders will look like a traffic jam in the coming months. The promise of a way to earn citizenship (even if you get here next week, there are NO restrictions) is a deal breaker for me. There are no distinctions made for who may earn the pathway - except for criminals, and criminals have never had a pathway - so, no changes there.
Excellent summation NTR, the current proposal comes at a steep price, and would further marginalize our citizens now living in poverty, God knows we've neglected our mentally ill as well....

Gotta go, I'll be looking forward to reading what many have to say about the proposal later tonight.

Level 6

Location hidden

#97764 Jan 29, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting the same thing out of it and to be honest I expected to feel a little more optimistic about the whole thing at this point.

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97766 Jan 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
It is almost carbon copy to your plan. Now you are gonna cry about it?

WTF??????

Level 8

Location hidden

#97767 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The "fact sheet" I've been reading seems to be heavy on rhetoric and a little light on the facts.
All generalities and talking points and positively glowing about what a brilliant "common sense" plan this is.
Makes me suspicious from the start.
I'd like to see something in writing that explains exactly how they plan to accomplish the things they're talking about.
Any idea where a person could find something like that? Just the facts without all the editorial.
There has to be formal legislation to pick it up I believe. The President also outlined "principles" without specifics, and that would make me believe the legislation itself is not yet available for the specifics. I didn't find anything other than the outline at Whitehouse.gov except an outline from 2011 - IF that's the same proposal, and I'm not clear that it is, so I didn't read it.

The outline of the Committee of 8 from Congress is accessible on Rollcall:

http://www.rollcall.com/news/immigration_deal...

In unveiling a set of principles for enhancing border security, providing a pathway to citizenship and creating an employee verification system, the eight senators noted they still have to actually write the bill.

Regardless, Obama is recommending and promoting a broad blanket amnesty, and I have serious reservations that something of that nature CAN pass Congress even on a straight up vote. I will oppose it.

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97768 Jan 29, 2013
-- 0ld Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true my dear.
Keep on keeping!
You've been reported chickenshit.
You keep on sniffing my azz though. LOL

I would copy your avatar, but I am not a tranny like you, X-Man aka STV aka azzhole. LMAO

Level 8

Location hidden

#97769 Jan 29, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost carbon copy to your plan. Now you are gonna cry about it?
WTF??????
It is NOTHING like my plan. You never understood what I proposed in the first place. Never. I made distinctions fro the beginning, and the possibility of some (long term residents and the EMPLOYED TAX CONTRIBUTORS AND FILERS) converting to TGW status. Beyond that, I'm not opposed to the Dreamers, because they came as children at the whims of parents. They had no choice. We've educated them, and this is the only home most of them know.

If you can't follow what was outlined, bow out bozo. Thank you.
rooster

Ashland, KY

#97770 Jan 29, 2013
Why can't we do something simpler like fix Mexico?? What the heck is broke down there anyhow that these people keep flocking here in the first place?? Canada seems to be doing well.... good neighbor and all.... no need to worry about them crossing the border. But here we have these Mexicans who won't stay in their own yard?? I can't figure it... We go to Kuwait to protect those people from the Iraqi invasion... and yet we want to roll out the welcome mat for our own invaders....???

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97772 Jan 29, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they talk about it because you keep bringing it up with you pokes and slurs at another poster.
Report for lying and provoking.
Have a wonderful night.
:)

“Virtue is knowledge”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

"knowledge is happiness"

#97773 Jan 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is NOTHING like my plan. You never understood what I proposed in the first place. Never. I made distinctions fro the beginning, and the possibility of some (long term residents and the EMPLOYED TAX CONTRIBUTORS AND FILERS) converting to TGW status. Beyond that, I'm not opposed to the Dreamers, because they came as children at the whims of parents. They had no choice. We've educated them, and this is the only home most of them know.
If you can't follow what was outlined, bow out bozo. Thank you.
This is a copy of his remarks:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

This is a copy of his proposal:

Level 6

Location hidden

#97775 Jan 29, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a copy of his remarks:
This is a copy of his proposal:
Thanks Mail.

Been trying to get a handle on this.

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97776 Jan 29, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I really can't say if she did or not, and I certainly can't figure out why she got ticked at me, but that's okay, it's a new day. No problem. Schools have an awesome responsiblity to do what's best for the kids, and do encourage reasonable parental interaction, but those parents need to understand that the slightest thing can throw a reasonably productive day into a tizzy when things like a child not getting the food he/she ordered occurs, or drooling over his/her nieghbor's fast food. I have given up some of my lunch to try to lessen a child's distress. We all have done that when the need arose! You know, sometimes new folks come on these threads loaded for bear, until they get their feet wet. I know I did. Some of us change and grow and move on. With time, this should all be smoothed out. At least I hope so.
Back door politics...
Not good in the real world or the virtual world.
Have a great evening.

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97777 Jan 29, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't caught up with NTR's post. Thank you though, for the flattering comparison.
I see from today's posts you haven't yet signed up for that reading comprehension course. Hurry, classes are filling quickly!
Reported for condescending a participant of the community.
Have a good night.

Level 6

Location hidden

#97779 Jan 29, 2013
I can't stop laughing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 min johnny belinda 137,087
SEAL U.S.BORDERS-Cults! 2 hr SEAL OUR BORDERS-... 1
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 2 hr R12 Freon 126
Mike DeWine's decision to join Texas immigratio... 3 hr wild child 2
Detaining families seeking asylum is just wrong 3 hr wild child 8
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... 4 hr ronnie 6
Distinguished pol 5 hr serfs up 53
More from around the web