The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97685 Jan 29, 2013
Dr Phibes wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were born, the Doctor slapped your Mom.
When he was born... him mom threw him all over the place.

Speed up to 1:00

swinging baby yoga video

“Ban me or kiss my a...”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97686 Jan 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why? simply because that person supports a stricter interpretation of the Constitution? by extension, are you saying that, UN-interpretated, the Constitution IS all of those things, too?
EQUALITY is the cornerstone of the American belief system. yes, it has taken several years AND AMENDMENTS to get us there (here). why throw it all away for the sake of expediancy?
if we disagree about certain words as they are written, why not AMEND the Const to reflect our modern, consensus-driven, super-majority, States approved version?
I have YET to read one poster such as yourself even suggest such a move. why? you no longer believe in the proscribed way to make the Constitution LIVE? a simple, often divisive, mercurial majority is good enough for you? even if that 'majority' is phony or is 51-49?
would you have EVERYTHING decided by mere Popular Opinion Polls? with an error factor of +/- 4 pts!
when your side touts majority votes, you do realize that rarely more than 55-60% of ALL ELIGIABLE VOTERS PARTICIPATE, right? how do you square THAT fact with democratic, majority rule?
you can't.... so you make posts like the one I am responding to. you make posts and divisive accusations. but, so do the pols you support.
and, IT HAS BEEN WORKING.
"...well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why?..."

Well higgans.

It's Mr. if you really need to know and I didn't imply anything.

I said it outright.

That particular poster is racist, sexist, homophobic and one of the nastiest human beings that I have ever encountered online.

He was banned just two days ago for violating TOS and came back with a new profile just to start it all over again.

Several of his posts last night were so far out of line that they were taken down by the mods this morning.

Now that you're up to date, all of that is old news.

I'm looking forward not back and I didn't read the rest of your post so I can't comment on whatever you might have said.

Have a nice day.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97687 Jan 29, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
"we have NO major pol Party sticking up for the Constitution and the Rule of Law."
This is a Republic... it's run by "We the People". The problem with many Americans is that we assume that it's the responsibility of everyone else to preserve our Republic.
That was not what early Americans believed... they got up, took their muskets and defended liberty.
You don't see that mentality anymore.
I'm not implying that we goto war with our guns against the government but rather we don't have that desire to push the federal government back with force that's outside the norm.
What we do is simply allow the demise and then cry about it as if that will make things better.
I wonder if this is how the folks in 1850s American felt?
I do know that the majority of the States are electing LOCAL governments that are almost 180 degrees from the Feds.
the Fed Courts are sending our mixed rulings.
all this talk about the Rep (conservative?) Party adapting? I think what the GOP morphs into is NOT what the Prog/Dems are hoping for.lol
Americans LOVE a fighter and an underdog... always have. when the new conservative party (old GOP, TP Movement,???) finds ITS 'messiah', look out!
remember those folks that have elected to 'drop-out' of the broken election process? when they find a reason to rejoin and VOICE their opinion, maybe this slide into Progressive-ruination will be not only halted but reversed.
maybe....
then again, it may already be TOO late....
I will stick it out because what happened in Russia and China, altho bigger than us, happened to DISARMED AND NEVER FREE peoples. and what happened in Japan, Germany and Italy (the big three) happened to smaller masses of peoples already predisposed to be 'subjects'.
neither were/ARE us.
therein lies OUR salvation, IMO.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97688 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why?..."
Well....

I'm looking forward not back and I didn't read the rest of your post so I can't comment on whatever you might have said.
Have a nice day.
my bad.... must have been the other jack, jackson,??? that claimed membership in the female gender. sorry.
also sorry u couldn't be bothered to read.:)
please, continue....

“Ban me or kiss my a...”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97689 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
When he was born... him mom threw him all over the place.
Speed up to 1:00
swinging baby yoga video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FnRmBD1I1kMXX
Hey Rico.

I was just passing through.

If you pause a youtube video and click "share" below the video there will be a check box to the right of the share link that will give you a link that will allow anyone that clicks the link you post here to start the video at the point you have selected rather than at the begining.

You can also right click over the paused video and select "copy video URL at current time" then paste wherever you want to post your link (like here on topix for example) and the video will begin where you have selected once someone uses the link you have posted.

I've copied the video URL at the current time both ways that I have described. See which one works best for you and you can link directly to any part of any video....

Hope this works, it's the video you had linked to starting 55 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://youtu.be/FnRmBD1I1kM...

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#97690 Jan 29, 2013
More Upstreaming of tax dollars:

January 29, 2013, 4:18 AM

Report: Jobless getting hit hard by bank card fees

WASHINGTON Jobless Americans are paying millions of dollars in unnecessary fees to collect unemployment benefits because of state policies encouraging them to get the money through bank-issued payment cards, according to a new report from a consumer group.

People are using the fee-heavy cards instead of getting their payments deposited directly to their bank accounts. That's because states issue bank cards automatically, require complicated paperwork or phone calls to set up direct deposit and fail to explain the card fees, according to a report issued Tuesday by the National Consumer Law Center, a nonprofit group that seeks to protect low-income Americans from unfair financial-services products. An early copy of the report was obtained by The Associated Press.(cont.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-575663...

Some of the benefiting banks mentioned: JPMorgan Chase & Co., U.S. Bancorp and Bank of America Corp. It's an interesting read.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97691 Jan 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if this is how the folks in 1850s American felt?
I do know that the majority of the States are electing LOCAL governments that are almost 180 degrees from the Feds.
the Fed Courts are sending our mixed rulings.
all this talk about the Rep (conservative?) Party adapting? I think what the GOP morphs into is NOT what the Prog/Dems are hoping for.lol
Americans LOVE a fighter and an underdog... always have. when the new conservative party (old GOP, TP Movement,???) finds ITS 'messiah', look out!
remember those folks that have elected to 'drop-out' of the broken election process? when they find a reason to rejoin and VOICE their opinion, maybe this slide into Progressive-ruination will be not only halted but reversed.
maybe....
then again, it may already be TOO late....
I will stick it out because what happened in Russia and China, altho bigger than us, happened to DISARMED AND NEVER FREE peoples. and what happened in Japan, Germany and Italy (the big three) happened to smaller masses of peoples already predisposed to be 'subjects'.
neither were/ARE us.
therein lies OUR salvation, IMO.
I'll agree that States are beginning to pass laws that contradict Federal law and seems to be growing exponentially but the ironic part is that these laws are a mix of both liberal and conservative ideologies... i.e. legalization of marijuana & gay marriage [liberal] and immigration laws & gun laws [conservative].

Our central gov't is only as strong as we allow it.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#97692 Jan 29, 2013
Arrest numbers signal 9 percent jump in illegal immigration in 2012

Even as President Obama travels to Las Vegas Tuesday to call for legalizing illegal immigrants, the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nation’s southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.

The Border Patrol made 356,873 arrests along the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2012, up from 327,577 in 2011, according to figures obtained by the Associated Press and confirmed by The Washington Times. Border Patrol officials estimate that apprehensions are a good proxy for illegal crossings, so when the numbers go up, it means that the flow of illegal immigrants is going up as well.

Last year’s increase marks a reversal. Apprehensions peaked in 2005 at 1.2 million and had been steadily dropping every year since as first President George W. Bush and then Mr. Obama committed more manpower and resources to the borde

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97693 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rico.
I was just passing through.
If you pause a youtube video and click "share" below the video there will be a check box to the right of the share link that will give you a link that will allow anyone that clicks the link you post here to start the video at the point you have selected rather than at the begining.
You can also right click over the paused video and select "copy video URL at current time" then paste wherever you want to post your link (like here on topix for example) and the video will begin where you have selected once someone uses the link you have posted.
I've copied the video URL at the current time both ways that I have described. See which one works best for you and you can link directly to any part of any video....
Hope this works, it's the video you had linked to starting 55 seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://youtu.be/FnRmBD1I1kM...
Ahhhhh... that's why I see youtube videos that start off with youtu.be

Thanks!!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#97694 Jan 29, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
Even as President Obama travels to Las Vegas Tuesday to call for legalizing illegal immigrants, the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nation’s southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.
The Border Patrol made 356,873 arrests along the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2012, up from 327,577 in 2011, according to figures obtained by the Associated Press and confirmed by The Washington Times. Border Patrol officials estimate that apprehensions are a good proxy for illegal crossings, so when the numbers go up, it means that the flow of illegal immigrants is going up as well.
Last year’s increase marks a reversal. Apprehensions peaked in 2005 at 1.2 million and had been steadily dropping every year since as first President George W. Bush and then Mr. Obama committed more manpower and resources to the borde
This is not about "liberals". For the last couple of years, some of us have pushed for alternative solutions and promoted CIR NOW because of the simple fact that the numbers of illegals present has been at a low point (the best time to settle the issue) and have pointed out that once the economy started to improve, the race would be on for more to enter illegally or overstay visas. Well, these figures indicate that the economy is improving and that we are right in our assessment. So, this is becoming a very important issue that needs a solution before we wind up with three times as many illegals in this country, a situation that would make it even more difficult to find a solution.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97696 Jan 29, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
This is due in part to Republicans dangling the "you'll get amnesty & citizenship" if you come. We expect Democrats to always say that with no avail...but now that Republicans are jumping on board... and in doing so there is a 9% increase in illegal aliens.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#97697 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Senators’‘tough but fair’ immigration blueprint would make people wait for citizenship
A bipartisan group of eight senators unveiled a new immigration reform proposal Monday that would allow most of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants currently living in the country eventually to become citizens....
...The senators' plan puts forward several hurdles before undocumented immigrants could obtain permanent residence visas, called green cards, which is the first step towards citizenship. First, immigrants would apply for temporary legal status by registering with the government, completing a background check and paying a fine. Before any immigrant could obtain a green card, "a commission comprised of governors, attorneys general, and community leaders living along the Southwest border" must recommend that the government has taken enough steps to beef up border security and has also implemented a system that tracks when temporary visitors have left the country....
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/senators-t...
(posted in accordance with Fair Use according to US copyright law relating to the use of factual material)
An interesting read Jax. I also saw this on the site you gave.

"A conservative pro-immigration reform group has issued talking points to Republican lawmakers, telling them to avoid referring to the U.S. citizen children of illegal immigrants as "anchor babies" or calling for the construction of an "electric fence" on the border, among other things.

The talking points, published by BuzzFeed, went out to Republican lawmakers on the Hill as momentum builds for an immigration bill that would legalize most of the country's 11 million illegal immigrants. The memo urges lawmakers to call them "undocumented immigrants" and to avoid terms such as "aliens" or "illegals," which are seen as offensive and dehumanizing. Another phrase to avoid? "Send them all back."

"Conservatives get a bad rap when it comes to immigration reform because of a few people who say things that can be taken to be offensive," said Jennifer Korn, executive director of the Hispanic Leadership Network, the center-right group that sent the talking points on Monday. "It all means the same thing, but the way you say it matters."

Korn worked in the White House when President George W. Bush attempted to get immigration reform passed in his second term. Two bills—one in 2006, the other in 2007—died after a vocal grass-roots movement emerged in opposition to what it called "amnesty" for illegal immigrants. The amnesty tag stuck, even though both bills would have required any applicant to go through a lengthy legalization process that required him or her to meet certain requirements, like paying back taxes and a fine and learning English. Lawmakers received thousands of phone calls about the bill, Korn remembers, almost all of them strongly against reform.

Korn hopes theses talking points will help avoid the "pitfalls" she saw then.

"Right now what's really giving me heartburn is people saying 'pathway to citizenship,'" she said. "It's not a pathway to citizenship. It's 'earned legal status.' If you want conservative support you have to explain what it is so there's not this knee-jerk reaction of 'No amnesty!'"

Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida who's part of a bipartisan group of senators pushing for immigration reform, has used "earned residency" at times in interviews with conservative talk show hosts to describe what immigration reform would provide to qualifying illegal immigrants. Democrats, including Obama, often use "pathway to citizenship" to describe the bill."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/conservati...

What Jax said.
(Use according to US copyright law relating to the use of factual material)

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97698 Jan 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is not about "liberals". For the last couple of years, some of us have pushed for alternative solutions and promoted CIR NOW because of the simple fact that the numbers of illegals present has been at a low point (the best time to settle the issue) and have pointed out that once the economy started to improve, the race would be on for more to enter illegally or overstay visas. Well, these figures indicate that the economy is improving and that we are right in our assessment. So, this is becoming a very important issue that needs a solution before we wind up with three times as many illegals in this country, a situation that would make it even more difficult to find a solution.
Yuppers!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#97699 Jan 29, 2013
Dear judge-it troll. The theft of tax dollars from taxpayers and the funneling of those tax dollars up to corporations (BANKS) is not off topic. We have a right to expect our tax contributions are used to benefit those we intend to benefit - NOT the BANKS or other corporations. That is what being fiscally conservative means - expecting frugal spending, not further using tax dollars for CORPORATE welfare.

If you read the article (I'm sure you didn't), you'd have found that some of the states, themselves, have bought into this bank card program rather than cut paper checks or making the set up of bank accounts easy for those unemployment benefits.

"Thimk".
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#97700 Jan 29, 2013
we petition the obama administration to:
We Demand Surveillance Technology in Congress and White House

The Department of Homeland Security is currently providing tax-payer funded grants to install microphones and cameras in public buses and is also funding the use of facial recognition technology in airports and bus and train stations to surveil the American people without probable cause. Due to rampant and well-documented corruption at all levels of the federal government, we demand that this ubiquitous surveillance technology be placed in the White House and all congressional offices and a live-feed of the video be made available at the Library of Congress and its website. Alex Jones and Infowars.com are making this demand because the government is listening and watching the American people at a time when we need to watch the government and keep its tyranny in check.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-...

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#97702 Jan 29, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, "your people" make excellent girl friends to hetero-women.
Not a pervert at all. Just don't support older people (male/female) trying to act like sex objects. It takes away from what is suppose to be wise and distinguished when we get up in years. But, I guess "cougar" type of behavior is just another part of the changes that are occurring. Yeah, I am an old man, a pervert? It's not my mind on sex. It's yours and that of your friends. To be pimping oneself off on the internet on a public forum? I guess you guys think that is "sexy", I simply don't.
I guess I am kinda funny about my expectations and expecting people to act their age. Especially elderly people. I'm still young at heart and agile myself. I just do not see the need to flaunt and compete with younger men the way NPR competes with the younger women here.
Everything they can do, she thinks she can do better and if not, she will just ridicule them with the help of her friends. I find it to be embarrassing for her and her friends. And that makes me a pervert? You are one twisted messed up man, Jaxx. I pity the torment you put yourself through. And don't say you don't, cause you would just be lying.
Grannies aren't like they used to be. People are more health conscience then they used to be years back. They don't look the same and they don't act the same.
Now stop ridiculing those that have maintained themselves both physically and mentally.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#97704 Jan 29, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
we petition the obama administration to:
We Demand Surveillance Technology in Congress and White House
The Department of Homeland Security is currently providing tax-payer funded grants to install microphones and cameras in public buses and is also funding the use of facial recognition technology in airports and bus and train stations to surveil the American people without probable cause. Due to rampant and well-documented corruption at all levels of the federal government, we demand that this ubiquitous surveillance technology be placed in the White House and all congressional offices and a live-feed of the video be made available at the Library of Congress and its website. Alex Jones and Infowars.com are making this demand because the government is listening and watching the American people at a time when we need to watch the government and keep its tyranny in check.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-...
That's an interesting proposition.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#97706 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
This is due in part to Republicans dangling the "you'll get amnesty & citizenship" if you come. We expect Democrats to always say that with no avail...but now that Republicans are jumping on board... and in doing so there is a 9% increase in illegal aliens.
So which came first Rico? Was it the immigration reform or the economy starting to get better? It seems to me that the increase could be an effect or either or both.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#97707 Jan 29, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are a couple sizes bigger than the way "skinny jeans" are suppose to appear on the body. I get you are lonely and need affection. We all do. You just don't need to lie about it or flaunt how pathetically desperate you are.
Did your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say......say nothing at all? I'm sure she did. Did you forget?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#97708 Jan 29, 2013
Judge-it Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
HYPOCRITE!
LIAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... 14 min Le Duped 7
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 36 min Le Duped 558
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr johnny belinda 137,080
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 6 hr Hooogle It 4
More Mexican women infected by AIDS in recent y... (Jul '08) 6 hr Zanony 650
Obama immigration plan changes little for undoc... 9 hr sandy1 4
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 10 hr Lawrence Wolf 104
More from around the web