The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336223 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#97672 Jan 29, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
Papillon wrote:
GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL
For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian.
General Cosgrove was interviewed on ABC radio recently. Read his reply to the lady (extreme feminist) who interviewed him concerning guns and children.
Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you have to love this!
This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.
This is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.
FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?
GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.
FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?
GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.
FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?
GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.
FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?
The broadcast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.
=)
Along those same lines, you're equipped to be a rational individual buy you're not one.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#97673 Jan 29, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the loons come out in defense of the deviant homo sexers.
Homosexuality will NEVER be normal.
So Freespirit8, why is gay sex a good thing? It's been proven long ago that gays cannot have children by drilling in the same wrong places. It simply ain't normal.
Yeah we have choices...
So the criteria is the ability to procreate? Then what does that mean for hetrosexual couples who can't have children, like your parents?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97674 Jan 29, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize, Rico -- in my post above, I attributed the first line of your text (above) to be from you. I understand now that is not the case and am sorry. My sentiment is the same, but it is not directed at you.
Don't worry about it....!!!:)

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97675 Jan 29, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The invention of the wheel was a big disappointment to you also, right Brian?
If a stinking commie liberal democrat invented it.... yes it is!!!!!

If it was a neo-fascist conservative republican who invented it.... it was a Godsent!!
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#97676 Jan 29, 2013
Obama to pitch immigration reform

President Barack Obama heads to Las Vegas on Tuesday to make his pitch for an overhaul of the immigration system after failing to press the issue during his first four years in office.
With his re-election last November aided by strong support from Latino voters, Obama has made a comprehensive immigration bill a top legislative priority of his second term.
The president will highlight his immigration stance in a speech at 2:55 p.m. ET at Del Sol High School, which the White House says has a 54% Hispanic student body, according to U.S. News and World Report rankings.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/29/politics/immigr...
higgans

Marion, IN

#97677 Jan 29, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Oaky. I'm just taking a break and thought I would skim the pages. Will address other posts later on.
I just can't believe our government and how stupid they think us citizens are. Granted many are stupid but still... This immigration reform is nothing but a bunch of b.s. Our borders will never be secured. We are just going back to 1986 and starting all over just to begin a new influx of more illegal aliens into this country.
I cannot emphasis enough, this country has seen its best days. The constitution is being ignored and I guess like Bush tried to say during his term, "it's just a G.D. piece of paper".
Yes, it is a good time to go forward and put into effect what this government has been trying to do for the last 20-30 years. The majority of the republic is broken at the knees and the last election has confirmed what they needed to know.
Obama is no different than the Queen of England. Mind you, it is not the Queen who makes the laws or policies or gives leadership. It's the Parliment.
This country has lost it's core guts. That is disturbing,
To think, we had a pot smoker (Bill Clinton) a drunk (GW Bush) and an incompetent idiot (Obama) lead us into damnation.
Shameful, just damn shameful.
spot on.
we have NO major pol Party sticking up for the Constitution and the Rule of Law.
what we do have are two arms of an anti-Constitution, Progressive moevement: one that says 'Today' and another that says 'Tomorow'.
the Tomorrow-pols are consdiered the Obstructurists (Reps).
why else would BOTH Parties put up such lame candidates for Pres?
the last candidate that stood up for the Const was considered a 'nutjob'... BY MEMBERS OF BOTH PARTIES.
compromise today is between bad and very bad.
take this immigration issue. what IS broken?
only the enforcement of laws already on the books. for decades. by the Feds. the same folks that gave us the laws. now 'they' say we need a new set of laws to fix the problem their non-enforcement has led to!
our immigration 'problem' is exactly what/where the Feds what it to be, IMO. why else fight the individual States when THEY want to help handle the 'problem'?
the FG certainly didn't turn down the States help by sending their Nat'l Gd units to fight ITS undeclared wars, right? in foreign lands, no less. BUT fight them to help stem an INVASION of our national borders (and the States)!
our national problem is NOT Left v. Right... it is Constitution v. USURPERS.
but, that notion is just crazy, right?
riiight...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97678 Jan 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
spot on.
we have NO major pol Party sticking up for the Constitution and the Rule of Law.
what we do have are two arms of an anti-Constitution, Progressive moevement: one that says 'Today' and another that says 'Tomorow'.
the Tomorrow-pols are consdiered the Obstructurists (Reps).
why else would BOTH Parties put up such lame candidates for Pres?
the last candidate that stood up for the Const was considered a 'nutjob'... BY MEMBERS OF BOTH PARTIES.
compromise today is between bad and very bad.
take this immigration issue. what IS broken?
only the enforcement of laws already on the books. for decades. by the Feds. the same folks that gave us the laws. now 'they' say we need a new set of laws to fix the problem their non-enforcement has led to!
our immigration 'problem' is exactly what/where the Feds what it to be, IMO. why else fight the individual States when THEY want to help handle the 'problem'?
the FG certainly didn't turn down the States help by sending their Nat'l Gd units to fight ITS undeclared wars, right? in foreign lands, no less. BUT fight them to help stem an INVASION of our national borders (and the States)!
our national problem is NOT Left v. Right... it is Constitution v. USURPERS.
but, that notion is just crazy, right?
riiight...
"we have NO major pol Party sticking up for the Constitution and the Rule of Law."

This is a Republic... it's run by "We the People". The problem with many Americans is that we assume that it's the responsibility of everyone else to preserve our Republic.

That was not what early Americans believed... they got up, took their muskets and defended liberty.

You don't see that mentality anymore.

I'm not implying that we goto war with our guns against the government but rather we don't have that desire to push the federal government back with force that's outside the norm.

What we do is simply allow the demise and then cry about it as if that will make things better.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97680 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I cannot emphasis enough, this country has seen its best days."
If you feel that way go live somewhere else. Who needs ya.
I personally believe that despite the challenges America's best days are still ahead of her.
We are an exceptional nation and an exceptional people with a pivotal role still to play in the course of human events.
All we have to do is get grumpy old b*stards like you outta the way so we can achieve our full potential for all of our people. Not just the ones that look, think and believe the way you do.
The constitution isn't being ignored. It just isn't being interpreted the way you want it to be.
Demographics are changing, women have the same rights that you do, LGTB Americans are on the verge of full equality, minorities no longer "know their place" and your voice is now only one among many and all of that scares you.
Doom and gloom is all you can see because you know your way is the old way.
Your time is past and you want to project your fear and pessimism on the nation as a whole because you can't bear a more personal truth.
Your problem isn't that America has seen its best days.
Your fear is that you have.
well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why? simply because that person supports a stricter interpretation of the Constitution? by extension, are you saying that, UN-interpretated, the Constitution IS all of those things, too?
EQUALITY is the cornerstone of the American belief system. yes, it has taken several years AND AMENDMENTS to get us there (here). why throw it all away for the sake of expediancy?
if we disagree about certain words as they are written, why not AMEND the Const to reflect our modern, consensus-driven, super-majority, States approved version?
I have YET to read one poster such as yourself even suggest such a move. why? you no longer believe in the proscribed way to make the Constitution LIVE? a simple, often divisive, mercurial majority is good enough for you? even if that 'majority' is phony or is 51-49?
would you have EVERYTHING decided by mere Popular Opinion Polls? with an error factor of +/- 4 pts!
when your side touts majority votes, you do realize that rarely more than 55-60% of ALL ELIGIABLE VOTERS PARTICIPATE, right? how do you square THAT fact with democratic, majority rule?
you can't.... so you make posts like the one I am responding to. you make posts and divisive accusations. but, so do the pols you support.
and, IT HAS BEEN WORKING.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97682 Jan 29, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or he could have been suggesting that the poster is a Neanderthal...but I know very little of the exchange. I just wanted to add my thought on it if it might somewhat soften the insult.
Polly want a cracker?:)
NTR say what....
Dr Phibes

Canyon Country, CA

#97683 Jan 29, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the condome poster child?
IF only your parents had a child that lived...
When you were born, the Doctor slapped your Mom.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97684 Jan 29, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the condome poster child?
IF only your parents had a child that lived...
"condome" <--- That's not a typo... the keyboard letters "m" & "e" are not even close to each other.

If only your parents made a child that possessed the ability to be literate!

Pffftt.....

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97685 Jan 29, 2013
Dr Phibes wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were born, the Doctor slapped your Mom.
When he was born... him mom threw him all over the place.

Speed up to 1:00

swinging baby yoga video

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97686 Jan 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why? simply because that person supports a stricter interpretation of the Constitution? by extension, are you saying that, UN-interpretated, the Constitution IS all of those things, too?
EQUALITY is the cornerstone of the American belief system. yes, it has taken several years AND AMENDMENTS to get us there (here). why throw it all away for the sake of expediancy?
if we disagree about certain words as they are written, why not AMEND the Const to reflect our modern, consensus-driven, super-majority, States approved version?
I have YET to read one poster such as yourself even suggest such a move. why? you no longer believe in the proscribed way to make the Constitution LIVE? a simple, often divisive, mercurial majority is good enough for you? even if that 'majority' is phony or is 51-49?
would you have EVERYTHING decided by mere Popular Opinion Polls? with an error factor of +/- 4 pts!
when your side touts majority votes, you do realize that rarely more than 55-60% of ALL ELIGIABLE VOTERS PARTICIPATE, right? how do you square THAT fact with democratic, majority rule?
you can't.... so you make posts like the one I am responding to. you make posts and divisive accusations. but, so do the pols you support.
and, IT HAS BEEN WORKING.
"...well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why?..."

Well higgans.

It's Mr. if you really need to know and I didn't imply anything.

I said it outright.

That particular poster is racist, sexist, homophobic and one of the nastiest human beings that I have ever encountered online.

He was banned just two days ago for violating TOS and came back with a new profile just to start it all over again.

Several of his posts last night were so far out of line that they were taken down by the mods this morning.

Now that you're up to date, all of that is old news.

I'm looking forward not back and I didn't read the rest of your post so I can't comment on whatever you might have said.

Have a nice day.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97687 Jan 29, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
"we have NO major pol Party sticking up for the Constitution and the Rule of Law."
This is a Republic... it's run by "We the People". The problem with many Americans is that we assume that it's the responsibility of everyone else to preserve our Republic.
That was not what early Americans believed... they got up, took their muskets and defended liberty.
You don't see that mentality anymore.
I'm not implying that we goto war with our guns against the government but rather we don't have that desire to push the federal government back with force that's outside the norm.
What we do is simply allow the demise and then cry about it as if that will make things better.
I wonder if this is how the folks in 1850s American felt?
I do know that the majority of the States are electing LOCAL governments that are almost 180 degrees from the Feds.
the Fed Courts are sending our mixed rulings.
all this talk about the Rep (conservative?) Party adapting? I think what the GOP morphs into is NOT what the Prog/Dems are hoping for.lol
Americans LOVE a fighter and an underdog... always have. when the new conservative party (old GOP, TP Movement,???) finds ITS 'messiah', look out!
remember those folks that have elected to 'drop-out' of the broken election process? when they find a reason to rejoin and VOICE their opinion, maybe this slide into Progressive-ruination will be not only halted but reversed.
maybe....
then again, it may already be TOO late....
I will stick it out because what happened in Russia and China, altho bigger than us, happened to DISARMED AND NEVER FREE peoples. and what happened in Japan, Germany and Italy (the big three) happened to smaller masses of peoples already predisposed to be 'subjects'.
neither were/ARE us.
therein lies OUR salvation, IMO.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97688 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...well, Ms Jax (it is Ms/Mrs/Miss. right?), with this one post u have implied that a certain poster/POV is sexist, anti-gay, racist and lord knows what else. why?..."
Well....

I'm looking forward not back and I didn't read the rest of your post so I can't comment on whatever you might have said.
Have a nice day.
my bad.... must have been the other jack, jackson,??? that claimed membership in the female gender. sorry.
also sorry u couldn't be bothered to read.:)
please, continue....

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97689 Jan 29, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
When he was born... him mom threw him all over the place.
Speed up to 1:00
swinging baby yoga video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FnRmBD1I1kMXX
Hey Rico.

I was just passing through.

If you pause a youtube video and click "share" below the video there will be a check box to the right of the share link that will give you a link that will allow anyone that clicks the link you post here to start the video at the point you have selected rather than at the begining.

You can also right click over the paused video and select "copy video URL at current time" then paste wherever you want to post your link (like here on topix for example) and the video will begin where you have selected once someone uses the link you have posted.

I've copied the video URL at the current time both ways that I have described. See which one works best for you and you can link directly to any part of any video....

Hope this works, it's the video you had linked to starting 55 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://youtu.be/FnRmBD1I1kM...

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#97690 Jan 29, 2013
More Upstreaming of tax dollars:

January 29, 2013, 4:18 AM

Report: Jobless getting hit hard by bank card fees

WASHINGTON Jobless Americans are paying millions of dollars in unnecessary fees to collect unemployment benefits because of state policies encouraging them to get the money through bank-issued payment cards, according to a new report from a consumer group.

People are using the fee-heavy cards instead of getting their payments deposited directly to their bank accounts. That's because states issue bank cards automatically, require complicated paperwork or phone calls to set up direct deposit and fail to explain the card fees, according to a report issued Tuesday by the National Consumer Law Center, a nonprofit group that seeks to protect low-income Americans from unfair financial-services products. An early copy of the report was obtained by The Associated Press.(cont.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-575663...

Some of the benefiting banks mentioned: JPMorgan Chase & Co., U.S. Bancorp and Bank of America Corp. It's an interesting read.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97691 Jan 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if this is how the folks in 1850s American felt?
I do know that the majority of the States are electing LOCAL governments that are almost 180 degrees from the Feds.
the Fed Courts are sending our mixed rulings.
all this talk about the Rep (conservative?) Party adapting? I think what the GOP morphs into is NOT what the Prog/Dems are hoping for.lol
Americans LOVE a fighter and an underdog... always have. when the new conservative party (old GOP, TP Movement,???) finds ITS 'messiah', look out!
remember those folks that have elected to 'drop-out' of the broken election process? when they find a reason to rejoin and VOICE their opinion, maybe this slide into Progressive-ruination will be not only halted but reversed.
maybe....
then again, it may already be TOO late....
I will stick it out because what happened in Russia and China, altho bigger than us, happened to DISARMED AND NEVER FREE peoples. and what happened in Japan, Germany and Italy (the big three) happened to smaller masses of peoples already predisposed to be 'subjects'.
neither were/ARE us.
therein lies OUR salvation, IMO.
I'll agree that States are beginning to pass laws that contradict Federal law and seems to be growing exponentially but the ironic part is that these laws are a mix of both liberal and conservative ideologies... i.e. legalization of marijuana & gay marriage [liberal] and immigration laws & gun laws [conservative].

Our central gov't is only as strong as we allow it.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#97692 Jan 29, 2013
Arrest numbers signal 9 percent jump in illegal immigration in 2012

Even as President Obama travels to Las Vegas Tuesday to call for legalizing illegal immigrants, the latest numbers from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that the flow across the nationís southwest border jumped by 9 percent last year.

The Border Patrol made 356,873 arrests along the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2012, up from 327,577 in 2011, according to figures obtained by the Associated Press and confirmed by The Washington Times. Border Patrol officials estimate that apprehensions are a good proxy for illegal crossings, so when the numbers go up, it means that the flow of illegal immigrants is going up as well.

Last yearís increase marks a reversal. Apprehensions peaked in 2005 at 1.2 million and had been steadily dropping every year since as first President George W. Bush and then Mr. Obama committed more manpower and resources to the borde

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#97693 Jan 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rico.
I was just passing through.
If you pause a youtube video and click "share" below the video there will be a check box to the right of the share link that will give you a link that will allow anyone that clicks the link you post here to start the video at the point you have selected rather than at the begining.
You can also right click over the paused video and select "copy video URL at current time" then paste wherever you want to post your link (like here on topix for example) and the video will begin where you have selected once someone uses the link you have posted.
I've copied the video URL at the current time both ways that I have described. See which one works best for you and you can link directly to any part of any video....
Hope this works, it's the video you had linked to starting 55 seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://youtu.be/FnRmBD1I1kM...
Ahhhhh... that's why I see youtube videos that start off with youtu.be

Thanks!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 5 min Synque 44
News Trump heads to border amid 3rd party threat 11 min goonsquad 155
News Ann Coulter: GOP Candidates "A Bunch of P*ssies... 16 min goonsquad 294
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 16 min Prep-for-Dep 68
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Mickey Ratt Club 138,649
News Texas Fights Suit After Denying Birth Certifica... 1 hr An NFL Fan 129
News House to vote on 'sanctuary cities' bill 2 hr An NFL Fan 160
More from around the web