The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
81,381 - 81,400 of 243,850 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is YOU "lunatics" who make assumptions about people who don't agree with you on every topic.
Your post is bursting with so many ridiculous misconceptions about me and where I stand on the issues and problems facing "our" country I won't even waste my time arguing with you.
Why not? Your mind is made up. You've judged me without prejudice. Your ignorance and mindset is disappointing.
That's correct. I did judge you without prejudice simply based on reading your posts over time. You do little more than diss the Administration and your President - but say nothing about inequality in America. You seem to assume all problems will vanish if we just gut the government and leave the vulnerable to sink or swim on their own regardless of a dearth of jobs or opportunity, much less acknowledge the fact that children can't work (legally anyway) in America. What do you want to do about them? Nothing?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez...take a breath, would you? You are another liberal who doesn't understand that human reality is experienced in a linear fashion. We go from the past, to the present and proceed on into the future. Yes, it's true that our spending problems are not ENTIRELY the fault of Obama and the Democrats. However, they have two distinct advantages: They are in charge now AND they can see what mistakes were made in the past!
Let me repeat that, because you are kind of dim-witted: The Democrats & Obama are in charge NOW! Plus, they can see what problems were caused in the PAST by our foolish spending.
That was then, this is now... get it?
If you come upon a group of drunken sailors lying passed out in an alley with no money left in their pockets, what do you do? Buy several huge barrels of booze, get rip-roaring drunk and then see if you can SURPASS those poor, dumb, drunken fools by wasting even MORE money than they did?
No, you do not. Unless you are an immature child, like Obama.
Maybe I should put it to you like one would to a child: If the Republicans jumped off the roof, will you jump off the roof too?
Jeez... this is not complicated: The larder is empty, our bank account is running dry, we are going broke, there's no more money, you can't spend like a drunken sailor forever. Etc, etc, etc.
How many ways do we have to put this before somebody in charge (that's the President, in case you didn't know) behaves like an adult and stops this foolishness?
If Obama can't stop spending like a drunken sailor, then what is he but just another drunken sailor? Does it really matter that he got off a ship after a bunch of other drunken sailors?
GROW UP!
rolling eyes, puking and laughing at how childish you are....
You describe your President as an "immature child"? Don't expect to be taken seriously. I just can't do it. Find somebody who thinks you have functioning neurons with whom you can interact.

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Gangster Alley, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it. Anyone still blaming Bush is a lost (and indoctrinated) cause.
Or maybe it's "Bush's fault" Obama's Inauguration speech failed to mention America’s fiscal problems and focused instead on making the nation’s top priority "social justice."
Want to know how the left sees everyone that disagrees with them? Read "NTRPRNR1" critique of me, a person she's never met or discussed current affairs with. See what I mean?
Well.... we cannot blame Bush anymore as under Obama.... he has saved the US Economy and capitalism as we know it. You know... the sh(t Bush screwed up!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, didn't I also say that YOU are an immature child?
You can't add 2 + 2 and come up with 4!
ObamaZombies are immature children following an infant down the road to La La Land and financial ruin. Sorry if you don't like reality, but it'd be unkind of me to go along with your delusional fantasies. You need a dose of what's true, not more BS. BS you can get off the DNC or White House websites.
That you can't handle truth is not suprising, just kind of sad and pathetic. But I can't lie to you: you and Obama are indeed immature and childish.
Okay. Got that wrong. Shouldn't skim your posts, but "financial ruin" "La La Land"....etc. BS waste of space. I read widely, but what I DON'T read is either The White House or the DNC websites. Neither are in my bookmarked sites as each clearly presents the party line. If I want to clear up something with respect to the President's position, I might google and go there. That's it.

I'm sorry if you're offended by my opinion of you and your perspectives, but my comment is sincere. If you ever demonstrate some balance in your criticisms, I'd be happy to compliment that.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is YOU "lunatics" who make assumptions about people who don't agree with you on every topic.
Your post is bursting with so many ridiculous misconceptions about me and where I stand on the issues and problems facing "our" country I won't even waste my time arguing with you.
Why not? Your mind is made up. You've judged me without prejudice. Your ignorance and mindset is disappointing.
Sorry.......... but who ever told you that your shit smells like roses?

How easy it is for you to label anyone who would take the time to try & understand both sides of any conflict as "lunatics", un-American, liberals, communist or a terrorist sympathizers.... and you do that shit all the time....... so I would argue that people like you are nothing more than bigots and there is nothing really patriotic about you.

You're simply a bigot comfortably wrapped in a cocoon of American flags, mottos and slogans.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to read the CBO's prediction (guess) for the next decade and do what, breathe easy? Say "Hallelujah Obama!"?
LMAO...and you call me a "kool aid" drinker?
Fool.
Considering the fact that you've made the allegations about Obama, I would have expected you to at least read up for 2012 to 2016 regarding the CBO outlook as that's all Obama will be under. Moreover, we have a Republican controlled House of Representatives who ultimately hold the power of the purse and can limit Obama at any time on spending but they don't... and that's becuase spending under Obama is falling at a 1.4% annual pace.

Unfortunately, you're incapable of comprehending the concept of statistics and how they're used in society today.

Sure, the CBO is an estimate but facts & figures are used and that alone is far more reliable than what you've presented with the simple denial of facts, figures and reality.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. We had an assault weapons ban. Didn't mean a thing except perhaps the acquisition mentality slowed. Good as far as I'm concerned. There is such a thing as too many weapons which certainly aren't cheap. Anyhow, you can blow a lot of dough on artillery to lock up somewhere and only bring out over a beer to show the boys how macho you are. Ridiculous. This is the "He who has the most toys at the time of his death is the winner" mentality. You can only use one at a time anyway, UNLESS you plan to shoot up a mall or a school or the neighborhood.
Something the left does not seem to understand is it is NOT about having "a beer to show the boys how macho you are". It is more about the times we live in. Countries with nuclear bombs and chemical weapons, the constant turmoil in the middle east, the possibility of total economic collapse, the ever growing Al Qaeda network, etc.

Some believe these fears to be irrational, but are they really? Is it possible any of these examples could result in major chaos? Of course it is.

Is it likely our home will burn down? No but we still obtain insurance in case it does. It is the same premise with our guns. Will a hand gun, rifle, or shotgun be enough if we have gangs of people searching for food? We have the constitutional right to protect ourselves and our families no matter who the "enemy" may be.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, we tried it before, then released the hold when we let it expire, subsequently flooded the market, provided the guns manufacturers record profits, armed the cartels, etc., etc.
Republicans don't want to help the mentally ill. They live in protected environments and don't care if criminals kill each other and innocent bystanders. They won't care until it spills into their neighborhoods. Oops! Just did, didn't it? But, still, nobody wants to help with mental health care. Nope. They want to leave the most unstable out there to prey on the rest of us.
And, what if you're wrong, and crimes involving those kinds of weapons DO decline? Would it then be worth it? Why don't we find out if new mandatory background checks for purchase, and an end to the flood of assault weapons being sold that probably DO go out of this country to supply insurgents and Al Qaeda operatives and cartel drug dealers, etc. could make a difference in the stats? Could you draw a line in the sand if we resumed the ban we had before? Could you compromise there and with high capacity magazines? If you could, I'll get behind you if there are any further intrusions or suggestions we should ban more. A one time only deal.
"Republicans don't want to help the mentally ill. They live in protected environments and don't care if criminals kill each other and innocent bystanders."

Link please.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>NPR can't control her own life or what goes down under her own roof. Topix is the only place where she can feel she's in control..
She reminds me of Lily Tomlin in this clip from Laugh In.
Lily Tomlin & Cher Bono Gossip
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Always having her nose in other people's business. Then having the audacity to try and deny them of their opinion. She's just not worth your time. She is only here to vent, fight and argue with others. Her position is well known. It's all about her.. And ONLY her!
They all lie. It's the reson they prjudge others. They can't handle that others have it going on and they don't.
100% hyperbole & conjecture based on your unhealthy obsession & hate for NTR!!!

Keep it up and you'll lose that account too.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
100% hyperbole & conjecture based on your unhealthy obsession & hate for NTR!!!
Keep it up and you'll lose that account too.
That's why he uses this account for these kinds of posts.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republicans don't want to help the mentally ill. They live in protected environments and don't care if criminals kill each other and innocent bystanders."
Link please.
First, Republicans have been on record as wanting and planning to overturn the ACA under a Romney presidency. It didn't happen, but the intent has been made clear. Overturning the ACA would put millions out of the loop for mental health care of any kind. I may not be satisfied with the degree and scope of the ACA, but it sure beats a blank, and as of this moment, I've not heard from the Republicans any plan that would replace or improve what we have to date. Next, let's return to the wealthy in Congress (both parties) who are oblivous to the predicament of low wage and middle class Americans in need of health care (including mental health services):

Report: Nearly Half Of Congress, 67% Of Senate Are Millionaires
by Frances Martel | 10:14 am, November 20th, 2011

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-nearly-...

...According to the study, though, 110 Democrats and 140 Republicans in Congress are millionaires.

What’s more, the numbers are conservative, since the top income bracket for their spouses is listed as “$1 million or more,” and the financial disclosure forms don’t include assets like the personal home of a member of Congress......(cont.)

Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
By Communications on January 16, 2013

Ninety-four new senators and House members joined the 113th Congress. But if voters felt the last group of lawmakers was out of touch with "real America," the new class may not be better. In fact, according to a new analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics, the median estimated net worth of the incoming freshmen is almost exactly $1 million more than that of the typical American household.(cont.)

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013/01/new-c...

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please.
Beyond Gun Control: Republicans Routinely Sabotage Mental Health And Police Budgets

...State Republicans have frustrated another major attempt to increase access to mental health services...

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/12/18/1...
----------

Snyder eyes mental health makeover, GOP skeptical

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/viewart/20...
----------

Dozens of States Rethink Recent Mental Health Budget Cuts

The reversal is especially jarring in statehouses dominated by conservative Republicans, who aggressively cut welfare programs but now find themselves caught in a crosscurrent of pressures involving gun control, public safety and health care for millions of disadvantaged Americans.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20130124/NEW...
----------

Some republican lawmakers are getting the message and reversing course, but the simple truth is that GOP politicians have led a concerted effort nationwide to cut mental health care funding.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
No obsession at all. You guys think your shit don't stink. You put everybody down who has a differing opinion than you do. Here you are.. Still blaming Bush.. Well "Hispanic Rico" what are you
b!tches gonna do to fix the poblems? Continue to cry about Bush? Slander, fight, argue with anonymous posters on Topix?
C'mon big bad azz Rico, what ya gonna do? Yeah, we all know.. You and your buds are gonna go whining to Topx Moderators. LMAO..
Do you really think I care if you get this account banned? LMFAO.
So much for "sh!ts and giggles".
:)
Yawn

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>NPR can't control her own life or what goes down under her own roof. Topix is the only place where she can feel she's in control..
She reminds me of Lily Tomlin in this clip from Laugh In.
Lily Tomlin & Cher Bono Gossip
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Always having her nose in other people's business. Then having the audacity to try and deny them of their opinion. She's just not worth your time. She is only here to vent, fight and argue with others. Her position is well known. It's all about her.. And ONLY her!
They all lie. It's the reson they prjudge others. They can't handle that others have it going on and they don't.
How's the illegal prescription drug running out of Mexico biz going these days? Up or down or about the same? I assume you "have it goin' on" still?

If you don't want me to smack the h*ll out of you repeatedly, I suggest you cease and desist mentioning me in your idiotic posts. Thanks.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Offended? By you? Not in the least. That'd be like getting upset by the crying baby in the airline seat behind me. Children do what they do and say what they say. It's all babbling, poopy diapers and spit bubbles. That's what I usually get from your Topix post. Nothing to get upset about though. You obviously speak as would millions of other ObamaZombies. I understand that.
Balance? Oh, you mean mixing some stupid liberal nonsense into my eloquent logic & rational thinking? Sorry, can't do that. That would be dishonest.
However, if by balance you mean admitting that Obama did not cause all of our problems by himself? I've done that over & over & over & over & over.(I think I just did it again! Happy now?)
But there's a big difference between somebody who makes a bad mistake and someone who repeats a bad mistake, especially if that second person does it with full knowledge of the first person's error. It's even worse if the second person also doubles-down on the severity of the mistake.
That would be Obama and our debt. That's because we all agree that he did NOT get us there alone, right? Which means that he MUST know about our past mistakes, right?
That is reality. That's how the time proceeds, with the past first, then the present, then the future. We can do nothing about the past, only learn from it. What we can do, we do NOW. That in turn affects our future. Get it? Obama is responsible to know our past and act NOW to guard our future. If he does not, he is foolish like a child, because children know little of the past, nor can they forsee the future.
Or maybe by "balance" you mean add some TRUE brilliance to the conversation? Ok, here goes:
The fact that we are where we are today due to our rising debt is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here". Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
Great stuff, huh? Much better than the crap you post, NTR! I think the above paragraph is some of the best stuff I've posted so far. Don't you? I am a brilliant writer and a f*cking genius! LOL! You agree? They should chisel what I just wrote above the door to the Senate. Or maybe even the White House!
Eloquent? You?

Yawn.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
No obsession at all. You guys think your shit don't stink. You put everybody down who has a differing opinion than you do. Here you are.. Still blaming Bush.. Well "Hispanic Rico" what are you
b!tches gonna do to fix the poblems? Continue to cry about Bush? Slander, fight, argue with anonymous posters on Topix?
C'mon big bad azz Rico, what ya gonna do? Yeah, we all know.. You and your buds are gonna go whining to Topx Moderators. LMAO..
Do you really think I care if you get this account banned? LMFAO.
So much for "sh!ts and giggles".
Hey bedpan cleaner... hows Temecula, Ca?

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How's the illegal prescription drug running out of Mexico biz going these days? Up or down or about the same? I assume you "have it goin' on" still?
If you don't want me to smack the h*ll out of you repeatedly, I suggest you cease and desist mentioning me in your idiotic posts. Thanks.
You beat me to the punch.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still recovering from being taken through the ringer. How are the death threats going? Catch any anonymous posters? Oh did you finally wise up and concede to defeat, you big azz phony. lol
The sky only falls on Topx hot shots like yourself, big guy. You should be tickled pink 'bout that, sweetheart!
You do know you are a very controlling personality, don't cha?
You want to control Topix.
You want to control guns.
You want to control opinions.
You want to control anonymous posters.
You want to control Topix Moderators.
Is there anything in your real life that you have control of?
Or does Paul manage that too?
It's the only account I have used. You and your friends just do not like being seen for what you are.
Are you ever nice when you speak, Jax? You always come across as angry and condescending. Something you actually think you are entitled in how to treat others. You can't deny many anonymous people have told you as much in a very short period of time.
How does it feel knowing that a gay man controls every move you make?

You dance to the tune I play you bitter old fool.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still recovering from being taken through the ringer. How are the death threats going? Catch any anonymous posters? Oh did you finally wise up and concede to defeat, you big azz phony. lol
The sky only falls on Topx hot shots like yourself, big guy. You should be tickled pink 'bout that, sweetheart!
You do know you are a very controlling personality, don't cha?
You want to control Topix.
You want to control guns.
You want to control opinions.
You want to control anonymous posters.
You want to control Topix Moderators.
Is there anything in your real life that you have control of?
Or does Paul manage that too?
It's the only account I have used. You and your friends just do not like being seen for what you are.
Are you ever nice when you speak, Jax? You always come across as angry and condescending. Something you actually think you are entitled in how to treat others. You can't deny many anonymous people have told you as much in a very short period of time.
Yups.... I've seen turds more interesting than your blather. Btw... still living off your offspring?

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
"cease and desist"
Wow, you really got me shaking in my boots now. LMAO.
"smack away", sweetheart. I can only assume you are still using Topix to build yourself up.
They are only "idiotic posts" cause you can't control or refute them. You are nothing but a controlling internet b!tch. How's that working for your cuase? Fix any prolems yet? Or are guns diverting you away from the real issues? Seems like Obama doesn't like you either. He knows how to divert problem people. lmao.
Ya beter get back to your notes and get focused on... hmmmm.. Do you even know what the issue is that is troubling you?
Yeah, I didn't think so..........
So much for your previous registered accounts claims of being a man of integrity & personal accountability. She said to fk off... that's not an invitation to continue harassing & stalking her.

Go spend some quality time with your kid... I'm sure he can use some TLC right now considering the fact that you're wasting your time on chasing things you can never can have!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••