The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
ObamaDontCare

Riverside, CA

#96207 Jan 26, 2013
Immigration reform could add millions of people under Obama health law
By Elise Viebeck - 01/26/13 06:00 AM ET

Comprehensive immigration reform could make millions of people suddenly eligible for assistance under President Obama's healthcare law, assuming a final deal paves the way for undocumented immigrants to receive papers.

Illegal aliens are now prohibited from purchasing coverage through the Affordable Care Act's insurance exchanges, which will launch next year.

They are also ineligible for Medicaid under most circumstances, making the law's expansion of the program fruitless for people without documents.

Even young illegal immigrants with "deferred action" status, known as "DREAMers," cannot access the law's benefits.

But the picture could change completely if Hispanic lawmakers get their wish — an overhaul of U.S. immigration policy that includes a path to legalization.

"We have to figure out a way in which [undocumented immigrants] incorporate themselves into the larger workforce, and into our society in general, and not be a burden," said Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), a leader in the immigration debate.

"Do we want them to go to the exchanges? Absolutely we do — if and when they don't have healthcare through their employer," he said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#96209 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Obesity is becoming a national crisis and is going to cause untold disease, suffering and needless death not to mention add to the burden and cost of an already stressed health care system.
What's wrong with taking a factual look at the problem?
In the past, I had posted that we are doing something about it. The state has launched an education program focused in cities where the need is greatest and the state has coordinated and promoted using W.I.C. vouchers at local farmers' markets to promote healthier eating habits. I love the buy local/ buy fresh component. Cities have made it much easier for farmers' markets to set up shop in easily accessible areas. So, we are making strides in raising awareness.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#96210 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Obesity is becoming a national crisis and is going to cause untold disease, suffering and needless death not to mention add to the burden and cost of an already stressed health care system.
Don't patronize me Jax. Have we been discussing obesity on this thread? She wasn't mentioning it due to a "national crisis" or a "factual look at the problem". If you were, you would indicate national trends not a problem in Kentucky.. She was specifically responding to "Old Man" to prove a point. He had obviously seen her mention "fat Kentuckians" also.
When in Rome

Riverside, CA

#96211 Jan 26, 2013
Emails show FBI investigating Sen. Bob Menendez for sleeping with underage Dominican prostitutes
1:52 AM 01/25/2013

Documents published online for the first time Thursday indicate that the FBI opened an inquiry into New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez on August 1, 2012, focusing on repeated trips he took to the Dominican Republic with longtime campaign contributor and Miami eye doctor Salomon Melgen. TheDC reported in November that Menendez purchased the service of prostitutes in that Caribbean nation at a series of alcohol-fueled sex parties.

The documents, which The Daily Caller had obtained hours earlier from an anonymous source, also indicate that Carrie Levine, research director at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), was alerted on April 9, 2012 to Menendez’s habit of paying for sex while outside the United States.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/25/emails-show...
Placebo Domingo

Canyon Country, CA

#96213 Jan 26, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're going to STFU and stand down? We'll see. Don't make me make you look bad, loser. said NTRPRNR1
How are you going to make me look bad? What does your little threat,'we'll see' mean?
Nothing, not a thing. Just a lil smarmy retort.
You earn a YAWN = an honest opinion openly expressed.

Level 5

Location hidden

#96214 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, you're too late to start or enter this particular conversation. Say whatever floats your boat. I just stand aside and let you make a fool of yourself - or reveal yourself. You decide.
You have now designated what conversations we can "start or enter"? LMAO!!!!! Sorry sweetie! This just further proves your delusional belief that you own this thread. It is YOU who has made a fool of herself!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#96215 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to call fat people "fluffy".

Level 8

Location hidden

#96216 Jan 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't patronize me Jax. Have we been discussing obesity on this thread? She wasn't mentioning it due to a "national crisis" or a "factual look at the problem". If you were, you would indicate national trends not a problem in Kentucky.. She was specifically responding to "Old Man" to prove a point. He had obviously seen her mention "fat Kentuckians" also.
See. This is exactly what I had hoped to avoid. You're lying. You don't know what you're talking about. Either you have a link (something you read), or you're repeating somebody else's lie based on what? You just like to lie? Or, you just like to lie about me.
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

#96217 Jan 26, 2013
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

#96218 Jan 26, 2013
Gun Show Draws Record Crowd in Jackson
By Natalie Potts
By npotts@wbbjtv.com

Story Created: Jan 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM CST

Story Updated: Jan 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM CST
JACKSON, Tenn.- An annual gun and knife show in Jackson attracted record breaking numbers of attendees over the weekend.

With talks of tougher gun control regulations across the board for semi-automatic handguns and military style rifles, many West Tennesseans said they are looking to buy now just in case any new regulations are added.

"I think that that's what really kind've in a way set in a panic," said Tim South, a potential gun buyer. "You know a lot of people, they are getting to where they are not sure if they are going to be able to buy guns anymore."

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Record-Atten...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#96219 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>In the past, I had posted that we are doing something about it. The state has launched an education program focused in cities where the need is greatest and the state has coordinated and promoted using W.I.C. vouchers at local farmers' markets to promote healthier eating habits. I love the buy local/ buy fresh component. Cities have made it much easier for farmers' markets to set up shop in easily accessible areas. So, we are making strides in raising awareness.
One of the things that both the President and the First Lady have done that I really do support is to raise awareness about the epidemic of obesity, especially among young people.

When I was a young a "fat" kid was kind of rare and junk food was something you begged for when you wanted a treat.

We were always on the move too.

Today we're raising a generation of couch potatoes that think "microwavable" qualifies as a food group.

Level 5

Location hidden

#96220 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>In the past, I had posted that we are doing something about it. The state has launched an education program focused in cities where the need is greatest and the state has coordinated and promoted using W.I.C. vouchers at local farmers' markets to promote healthier eating habits. I love the buy local/ buy fresh component. Cities have made it much easier for farmers' markets to set up shop in easily accessible areas. So, we are making strides in raising awareness.
Oh please! You may have done that some time ago, but that was certainly not what you were referring to today!

Level 5

Location hidden

#96221 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>See. This is exactly what I had hoped to avoid. You're lying. You don't know what you're talking about. Either you have a link (something you read), or you're repeating somebody else's lie based on what? You just like to lie? Or, you just like to lie about me.
I DON'T LIE!!!!! Never have, never will! Now you get that in your very thick skull!

--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still abusing retards. Rob any seniors out of the SS lately, Rico? Or do you just pushing them face first into the ground? Your friend NPR does. Especially the "fat Kentuckians".

Quote from NPR:

Recent report on Ky.'s obese future has experts seeking solutions

Published: September 24, 2012

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/09/24/2349167/re ...

By Cheryl Truman — ctruman@herald-leader.com

Hey, did you hear the one about Kentuckians getting even fatter?

Last week the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation released the "F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America's Future 2012" report, which stated plainly that if the United States doesn't change its couch-hugging, burger-scarfing ways, 13 states could have adult obesity rates higher than 60 percent by 2030. Kentucky is predicted to jump from a 30 percent adult obesity rate in 2011 to 60.1 percent in 2030.(cont.)

Smoke that, dimwit.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#96222 Jan 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Honey, as a matter of fact on this thread (and several others) some of us have discussed the problem of obesity in America several times going back over the last couple of years so you can get your attitude outta my face and contribute or STFU and go bother somebody that cares.

I tried to be nice. I really did.
Carrie Nation

Canyon Country, CA

#96226 Jan 26, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
I made this little speech on another forum or two. All I have to do is change a couple names and it works here to, seeing as it is in the same vein.
You, NTRPRNR1, have got to be one of the most obnoxious, and profane idiots, that I have ever come across. You and [rose], along with several more! You do not have the sense to see that a lot of what we are paying for now, is interest payments, on the out of control debt, that we have. If you think that jerk up there in the WH is your friend, you better think again. He's not. Never was, never will be.
All he has in mind is destroying this nation's economy, along with it's pride, to come in and take over for his mentors. Then he will just become like all other rats, done with. Except he will go to HI, and live like a king in a taxpayer funded home, along with all the amenities. Funded by you. On yours and yours children's dime, even grandchildren's dime. This debt can not be paid off, if out of control spending is not stopped. I do not see him working on that. All I see is him, continuing on his lavish vacations. Yes, Bush went on some, but he went to his Ranch mostly. To his home! Where he funded that by himself. Not on your dime, except for Air Force One.
Some Republicans up there in DC are crooked, but we also have some of the most patriotic. I do not see any of that coming from the major democrats there. They are all in this collusion together, because they are mostly godless liars. I would love to see some good old fashioned honesty, once again reigning, in my lifetime, in Washington D.C. but not gonna happen, if he stays there.
Patriots are getting sick and tired of all this mess. I truly believe the only reason they have not revolted yet, is because they are getting their forces together. Because when and if it happens, obama will declare martial law, and try to control everything that he isn't already. He's wanting a war, so he can do that, and the patriots can see that.
Trust me, in my foresight, WE will be prepared.
At least I hope and pray we are!
With God for us, who can beat that?
Chew on that this week end.
There's bound to be more sparks flying come Monday, to open some more eyes.
Your Envy shoots at others and only wounds yourself.

Level 8

Location hidden

#96228 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the things that both the President and the First Lady have done that I really do support is to raise awareness about the epidemic of obesity, especially among young people.
When I was a young a "fat" kid was kind of rare and junk food was something you begged for when you wanted a treat.
We were always on the move too.
Today we're raising a generation of couch potatoes that think "microwavable" qualifies as a food group.
So true. You probably had the same kinds of freedom I had as a child. Once we were let outside, we have endless freedom to move about the area for most of the day. Being curious, we'd go as far as we could exploring until the sun began to settle and we knew the whistle would blow. When my father blew the whistle, we'd better be within hearing range, or there would be h*ll to pay. It meant "five minutes to be here". We were there.

When I was four years old (yes - 4), I walked a long block to a major cross street and waited with the adults in order to catch a bus to my kindergarten school. Nobody seemed to think it odd that a four year old little "Chiminese" looking girl was cathing a city bus along with the adults. I turned five in November, so I was actually 4 3/4;-) One day, I got on the wrong bus. Either I was late or early, but I climbed aboard and nobody said anything. At any rate, about midway, the bus was supposed to make a left turn that took me up the second leg of my journey to the street that my school was on just a few blocks down. Only he didn't turn left! He kept going straight toward downtown. I jumped up and yelled "Stop the bus! You're going the wrong way!" I swear to God, he stopped the bus right then and there, and I got off, walked back two long city blocks, crossed a four lane highway, and proceeded up the last part of my route arriving at school without batting an eye. I had walked a mile or more alone with nobody noticing.

It's a different world today for sure;-) I'm sure both of my parents should have been arrested for child neglect. But, hey! I was very competent. LOL

Level 5

Location hidden

#96230 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Honey, as a matter of fact on this thread (and several others) some of us have discussed the problem of obesity in America several times going back over the last couple of years so you can get your attitude outta my face and contribute or STFU and go bother somebody that cares.
I tried to be nice too, but I haven't read anything on this thread regarding obesity. I haven't been on here for years and am not privy to your previous discussions. She was responding to Old Man regarding his comments of "fat Kentuckians".

My attitude isn't in your face and you have no right to tell me to STFU. You certainly have no problem making comments regarding anything you feel strongly about. Do I interfere and tell you to STFU? Also I didn't "bother you"! You jumped into this discussion.

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#96231 Jan 26, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
I made this little speech on another forum or two. All I have to do is change a couple names and it works here to, seeing as it is in the same vein.
You, NTRPRNR1, have got to be one of the most obnoxious, and profane idiots, that I have ever come across. You and [rose], along with several more! You do not have the sense to see that a lot of what we are paying for now, is interest payments, on the out of control debt, that we have. If you think that jerk up there in the WH is your friend, you better think again. He's not. Never was, never will be.
All he has in mind is destroying this nation's economy, along with it's pride, to come in and take over for his mentors. Then he will just become like all other rats, done with. Except he will go to HI, and live like a king in a taxpayer funded home, along with all the amenities. Funded by you. On yours and yours children's dime, even grandchildren's dime. This debt can not be paid off, if out of control spending is not stopped. I do not see him working on that. All I see is him, continuing on his lavish vacations. Yes, Bush went on some, but he went to his Ranch mostly. To his home! Where he funded that by himself. Not on your dime, except for Air Force One.
Some Republicans up there in DC are crooked, but we also have some of the most patriotic. I do not see any of that coming from the major democrats there. They are all in this collusion together, because they are mostly godless liars. I would love to see some good old fashioned honesty, once again reigning, in my lifetime, in Washington D.C. but not gonna happen, if he stays there.
Patriots are getting sick and tired of all this mess. I truly believe the only reason they have not revolted yet, is because they are getting their forces together. Because when and if it happens, obama will declare martial law, and try to control everything that he isn't already. He's wanting a war, so he can do that, and the patriots can see that.
Trust me, in my foresight, WE will be prepared.
At least I hope and pray we are!
With God for us, who can beat that?
Chew on that this week end.
There's bound to be more sparks flying come Monday, to open some more eyes.
YOU TALK TOO MUCH

http://youtu.be/ocTn3JQYPtw

JOE JONES
blog-videos

Level 5

Location hidden

#96232 Jan 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
--Old Man-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still abusing retards. Rob any seniors out of the SS lately, Rico? Or do you just pushing them face first into the ground? Your friend NPR does. Especially the "fat Kentuckians".

Quote from NPR:

Recent report on Ky.'s obese future has experts seeking solutions

Published: September 24, 2012

By Cheryl Truman — ctruman@herald-leader.com

Hey, did you hear the one about Kentuckians getting even fatter?

Last week the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation released the "F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America's Future 2012" report, which stated plainly that if the United States doesn't change its couch-hugging, burger-scarfing ways, 13 states could have adult obesity rates higher than 60 percent by 2030. Kentucky is predicted to jump from a 30 percent adult obesity rate in 2011 to 60.1 percent in 2030.(cont.)

Smoke that, dimwit.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#96233 Jan 26, 2013
Want to Know Just How Close the Muslim Brotherhood Is to the Obama Admin?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/26/wa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 1 hr Earl 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Ga Girl 56 137,101
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 1 hr Earl 26
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 1 hr Earl 673
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 4 hr Rural living 13
Monday's Letters: Thanks to police officers 5 hr wild child 1
Obama administration accused of political motiv... 6 hr Earl 5
More from around the web