The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#95975 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't advise anyone to stand up to a superior military force with nothing but an AR15. If you just have to do something, try hooking your tractor up to a 10,000 gallon tank of anhydrous ammonia and drive it to the field upwind from the military encampment then have an "accidental" release of the contents. When they arrest you, you can claim that you were simply trying to fertilize the field but the hose broke releasing the toxic gas and you are sorry about the dead soldiers but it was an accident or something like that. After all, war is deception.
The skilled artist wins it.

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Gangster Alley, North America

#95976 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Can't dispute the facts. They are also the ones who are inciting insurrection.
A very small group of obstreperous right wing nut radicals like you are the one's using fear tactics, fear mongering and in most cases.... outright hyperbole in your conquest of inciting insurrection.

Though I don't agree with everything that I see democrats throwing around in gun control.... I don't see republicans offering anything better than a stone wall attempt that's plagued with little sheep like you who run amuck with the most outrageous blather I have seen on these threads in a long time. Heck... as center-right as I am on any gun issue, people like you in fact push people to the left.

You sound crazy, insane, whacked in your far right ideology of gun control. So where do you draw the line? When Americans end up with RPG's? Seriously... there is no limit for the radical right.

Sure I'd love to have an AR-15 but I can easily get a Mini-14 with a rancher stock and guess what.... I have a gun that shoots the same caliber as an AR-15.

So technically speaking, the Gov't might want to ban specific guns for whatever reason they might have but if you educate yourself about guns you'll soon find out that there are many .223 rifles out there that if the need be.... can easily be converted into fully automatic assault rifles with a few change of parts.

Simply put, I can turn a Mini-14 into a full automatic AR-15 looking assault rife in about 1 hr.

In conclusion... the Mini-14 is not the only rife that's has this configuration, there are many .223 semi-auto [legal] rifles that possess this ability to morph into a fully auto rifle.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#95977 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Guns have always been prevalent in the USA. Why all of a sudden has there been such an upturn in mass shootings and murder suicides? It isn't hard to figure out. As the marketing of antidepressants have increased so too has the increase in these types of incidents. Not just murder suicides and suicides but people freaking out in bars and other public places forcing the police to use tasers to subdue the suspect only to see his layer use the prescription medication as a defense and courts allowing more and more diversions as a result yet the media remains silent because the companies who make and sell these products pay big bucks to advertise their dope to the masses. And when the public has had enough they divert our attention to guns.
A lot of truth in what you say. Good post.

Since: Feb 09

Bowling Green, KY

#95978 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
A very small group of obstreperous right wing nut radicals like you are the one's using fear tactics, fear mongering and in most cases.... outright hyperbole in your conquest of inciting insurrection.
Though I don't agree with everything that I see democrats throwing around in gun control.... I don't see republicans offering anything better than a stone wall attempt that's plagued with little sheep like you who run amuck with the most outrageous blather I have seen on these threads in a long time. Heck... as center-right as I am on any gun issue, people like you in fact push people to the left.
You sound crazy, insane, whacked in your far right ideology of gun control. So where do you draw the line? When Americans end up with RPG's? Seriously... there is no limit for the radical right.
Sure I'd love to have an AR-15 but I can easily get a Mini-14 with a rancher stock and guess what.... I have a gun that shoots the same caliber as an AR-15.
So technically speaking, the Gov't might want to ban specific guns for whatever reason they might have but if you educate yourself about guns you'll soon find out that there are many .223 rifles out there that if the need be.... can easily be converted into fully automatic assault rifles with a few change of parts.
Simply put, I can turn a Mini-14 into a full automatic AR-15 looking assault rife in about 1 hr.
In conclusion... the Mini-14 is not the only rife that's has this configuration, there are many .223 semi-auto [legal] rifles that possess this ability to morph into a fully auto rifle.
Very true. All the newbies to this argument may not be aware, but (back in the 70's I worked at a gunshop) there USED to be manufactured an item called an "auto-sear". With just a lit-tle bit of machining on your AR, it would literally drop into a trigger housing and convert an AR into full-auto. these things are rare as hen's teeth and are judiciously tracked by the BATF-E. Don't expect to ever have a chance to buy one. To get the monkey off your back, there are machine gun shoots periodically all over the country. Go to one, pay the price and spray n' pray- get it out of your system. I remember one training day I had the odious task of having my unit fire up 20,000 rounds of M-2 (.50 cal) ammo. I even had a visiting Major cop a squat and fire off a belt. Cleaning those 5 guns was a chore. I personally don't care to own a MG, but some people gotta have 'em. Some shooters are waaaaay into developing wildcat rounds. Some, like me, simply like to target shoot and hunt. Going shooting today with a few .22s and the like. Good times.

Level 1

#95980 Jan 26, 2013
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. All the newbies to this argument may not be aware, but (back in the 70's I worked at a gunshop) there USED to be manufactured an item called an "auto-sear". With just a lit-tle bit of machining on your AR, it would literally drop into a trigger housing and convert an AR into full-auto. these things are rare as hen's teeth and are judiciously tracked by the BATF-E. Don't expect to ever have a chance to buy one. To get the monkey off your back, there are machine gun shoots periodically all over the country. Go to one, pay the price and spray n' pray- get it out of your system. I remember one training day I had the odious task of having my unit fire up 20,000 rounds of M-2 (.50 cal) ammo. I even had a visiting Major cop a squat and fire off a belt. Cleaning those 5 guns was a chore. I personally don't care to own a MG, but some people gotta have 'em. Some shooters are waaaaay into developing wildcat rounds. Some, like me, simply like to target shoot and hunt. Going shooting today with a few .22s and the like. Good times.
I'm not even much into target shooting.... but if I did, I'd use my little .22 semi-auto. I do have my heart set on a Mini-14. For one it's legal in California and two... I can convert it if I had too.

I'm fluent in machine tools and even have access to a machine shop where i can goto do the mods. Anyways... I know that's illegal to do for now but then the civil unrest if it were to ever happen, I'd have that rifle is tactical mode in about an hr or two.

I know that not everyone might be able to do that but even if they don't... a semi-auto .223 will still be a good gun... rather than no gun at all.

You gotta remember, I live in California where the gun laws are whacked so when I see Dianne Feinstein coming up with any kind of gun control, I see it as just another attempt by a b*tch to further attack gun owners. It's gotten to the point that I feel the need to bury any banned guns I might inherit down the road in undisclosed locations and hope I never have to exhume them.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#95981 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a "right wing nut radical" and your use of the word "obstreperous" indicates to me your desire to control me and those who oppose you and ilk
Furthermore, all of your blather about guns here indicates that you are nowhere near the "center right" that you claim to be and in actual reality, you and those like you are the far left who are trying to control (with guns) those whom you want to take guns from.
My education and wisdom about the use and mechanics of guns negates the need to brag about what I know about them here, unlike you.
It is the radical left wingers like you that are inciting insurrection so be careful what you and ilk wish for. You just might get it, Guerra.

Level 1

#95983 Jan 26, 2013
BATF Wash DC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm... have you already performed this highly illegal action, or are you just advertising you'll do it for others? Perhaps for a small fee? Please call us at your earliest convenience. We'd like to discuss a few things with you.
Bring it!!!

Level 1

#95984 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I am not a "right wing nut radical" and your use of the word "obstreperous" indicates to me your desire to control me and those who oppose you and ilk
Furthermore, all of your blather about guns here indicates that you are nowhere near the "center right" that you claim to be and in actual reality, you and those like you are the far left who are trying to control (with guns) those whom you want to take guns from.
My education and wisdom about the use and mechanics of guns negates the need to brag about what I know about them here, unlike you.
It is the radical left wingers like you that are inciting insurrection so be careful what you and ilk wish for. You just might get it, Guerra.
Have you heard the term.... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck?

Make no mistake about it, the content of your rhetoric is a manifest proof that you're in fact a duck.....

Quack Quack Quack!!!!!

Level 1

#95985 Jan 26, 2013
gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude! Shut the hell up. Do you want a visit from your friendly local Feds? You could wind up with all those nifty machine tools confiscated and your back yard dug up to see what you might have buried. Do you think you are just shooting the breeze in your local bar? This sh*t stays on the internet FOREVER.
I sympathize. Now, for your own good, shut up!
They can come and place an AFT office right outside my house if they want to and I could use a good tilling of the soil on my property. I really don't give a crap because I did acknowledge that it was illegal to do, I never said I've done it, but if I had to in the case of a breakdown in our society... I would because possessing machinist skills it would be easy to do it..... but by then law & order would be a joke.

Does that clear your insane interpretation of what I previously posted?

Dang... don't you ever watch doomsday preppers? LOL!!!

Level 1

#95988 Jan 26, 2013
gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to be helpful. Yes, this next post of yours helps clear it up. Didn't want you to get in hot water for something minor like a Topix post, that's all.
"Insane"? Well, maybe over-cautious. As I said, I sympathize. Wish I had your machine tools & skills & knowledge, but I don't.
LEO's have been to my home numerous times regarding gun issues. I hate it because they come with their little pea shooters & spitwads pointing at me. They know what I have but I appreciate the heads up... I forgot for a moment that pigs and gun haters lurk these threads.

I guess as touchy as the gun issue is... some hater would report me to the authorities and check me out but it's not a crime for me to have gone to trade school to learn how to use machinist tools.

However... I really would appreciate the Feds to come dig up my front and back yards. I need a free tilling!!! After all... tilling by one person is allot of work.

LOL!!!

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#95989 Jan 26, 2013
justagi wrote:
Interesting- the gummint can pen a gun ban bill in days but cannot balance their checkbook for over four years. Nice choices, friends.
That's easy - this administration, especially this administration and their base constituents, couldn't care less about balancing the budget, driving up the debt, or the burden that will be placed on generations to come.

It's tax now, borrow Now, spend NOW.

The left cares more about gay rights and running cars on algae than they do about the country's defense or debt. That's just a fact.

Level 1

#95990 Jan 26, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy - this administration, especially this administration and their base constituents, couldn't care less about balancing the budget, driving up the debt, or the burden that will be placed on generations to come.
The left cares more about gay rights and running cars on algae than they do about the country's defense or debt. That's just a fact.
Quit your foolishness.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.

What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress. The president only begins to shape the budget in his second year. It takes time to develop a budget and steer it through Congress — especially in these days of congressional gridlock.

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-05-22/co...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#95991 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard the term.... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck?
Make no mistake about it, the content of your rhetoric is a manifest proof that you're in fact a duck.....
Quack Quack Quack!!!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Yes, I have.
You don't see what I look like nor see how I swim.
You don't hear what I sound like.
How do you assume what it probably is based on the content of its "quack" alone?
To qualify you to be without mistake.
Tell me RICO.

Level 1

#95992 Jan 26, 2013
gotoguy FL wrote:
I've watched Doomsday Preppers. My reaction is: how secret can your sh*t be, now that you've gone on national TV? Everyone knows what you got, where you hide it and what you will do when D-day arrives. Doesn't seem too smart.
But, yes, the shows are interesting, even if I don't subscribe to their doomsday visions. I'd rather spend the money & time on a vacation or a home improvement project.
I suspect that if things get bad someday, the authorities will first concentrate in rounding up everyone's secret stash. Those guys would be the first ones they'd visit. Hell, they got them on videotape showing off all their stuff! Might as well put a red, flashing neon sign on their house that says "Guns, ammo, food and gold stored HERE!"
You're right, they've all but surrendered their secrecy but it's like fort knox, you can come but there will be a gunfight for sure.

I think I'll take into consideration that "STFU" comment you presented to me earlier. I took it the wrong way. I don't intend to go and modify guns, heck I don't even own a mini-14 yet but I'll get one some day and like I said before, if society breaks down [which I hope never happens] I'm skilled enough to machine anything I need.

Anyways... onto another issue, where I draw my anger is that California is a strict gun state. You turn on the news or read a newspaper and all you see is gun related crimes and murders yet California doesn't even provide the LEO presence to effectively replace our restricted rights to guns. Sure I have a right to own guns so long as my nose is clean but the guns I have are nothing like what the Calif ban or even the proposed federal gun ban is trying to ban yet the bad guys are free to use any gun they steal or get their hands on.

For example... fast & furious gave millions of dollars in assault rifles to Mexican cartel criminals.... yet the gov't wants to ban those kind of guns on its own citizenry.

WTF is that?

I disapprove of Obama on that key note and I can see where the radical right can spark the conspiracy that our gov't is arming the bad guys and disarming the good guys in some clandestine effort to attack the USA from within.

It's just that when it comes to gun issues... I swing more to the right and I'm noticing that I keep moving to the right the more I hear the words gun control. I understand we need some but damn... all the drama it creates, I often lose track of who to believe and who to not believe.

I just want the guns I have left alone becuase they're special to me.

“Call first. Don't knock. ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#95993 Jan 26, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they figure you lunatics are going to overthrow the government with your assault rifles and machine guns - so why worry about tomorrow? That seems to be the thinking of the corporatists. They'll get theirs now and to h*ll with their country or the people in it. It's all expendable. Right?

Let's all focus on guns and fear and strangers and illegals and our differences and our suspicions - anything but inequality and disparate treatment or class warfare. If centrists or democrats or moderates attempt to bring equity to the formula or close the gap, let's accuse them of being communists or socialists. Let's accuse the victims of corporatists of being lazy good for nothings and pretend that all the lazy good for nothings are minorities and illegal immigrants who are screwing up "our" great nation. Who is forcing employers to hire illegals or eliminate benefits and pay CEOs 467X their average workers? Liberals? How does that work?

You, for one, continue promoting the insane idea that all this spending you talk about is the province of dems when facts tell a very different story. The vast majority of that missing money was spent by Republicans and lost to unfunded wars and lack of Congressional oversight under the tenure of a Republican. By and large, only stimulus spending to boost the economy and health care legislation can be attributed to Obama.

Neither party in Congress will accept any formula that seems to impact their own bottom lines. It's Government of the wealthy, by the wealthy and primarily for the wealthy. It's testament to the dumbing down of America that this reality is completely ignored in favor of admiration for the real crooks and criminals in this picture - corrupt predator globalists with laws on their side as they continue picking the pockets of America's labor force assisted by THEIR congressional representatives - bought out lock, stock and barrel.

That brings us back to talk of guns, insurrection and government overthrow.

...rolling eyes.....

Level 1

Location hidden

#95994 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your foolishness.
Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:
Post all the "official" government stats you want. I look at reality, not their OR your "foolishness."

Level 1

#95995 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have.
You don't see what I look like nor see how I swim.
You don't hear what I sound like.
How do you assume what it probably is based on the content of its "quack" alone?
To qualify you to be without mistake.
Tell me RICO.
You're so easy to fck with!!!!!

Look... we might not agree on much but I know we share a similar position on gun control... it means using both hands.

And what makes you think I'm Rico??? Is my screen name an obvious give away or did you use the famous ISP detection software.... or maybe your "firm" did the footwork????

ROLF!!!

Level 1

#95997 Jan 26, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Post all the "official" government stats you want. I look at reality, not their OR your "foolishness."
I would not expect an Obama hater like you to accept reality or facts provided by the Office of Management and Budget or the latest CBO report for 2012-2022.

It's pretty obvious that when the right wing nut demagogues handed out the kool-aid, you brought a tanker truck and have been bonging the Kool-aid ever since.

Oficial numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historic...

The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42905

Level 1

Location hidden

#95998 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they figure you lunatics are going to overthrow the government with your assault rifles and machine guns - so why worry about tomorrow? That seems to be the thinking of the corporatists. They'll get theirs now and to h*ll with their country or the people in it. It's all expendable. Right?
Let's all focus on guns and fear and strangers and illegals and our differences and our suspicions - anything but inequality and disparate treatment or class warfare. If centrists or democrats or moderates attempt to bring equity to the formula or close the gap, let's accuse them of being communists or socialists. Let's accuse the victims of corporatists of being lazy good for nothings and pretend that all the lazy good for nothings are minorities and illegal immigrants who are screwing up "our" great nation. Who is forcing employers to hire illegals or eliminate benefits and pay CEOs 467X their average workers? Liberals? How does that work?
You, for one, continue promoting the insane idea that all this spending you talk about is the province of dems when facts tell a very different story. The vast majority of that missing money was spent by Republicans and lost to unfunded wars and lack of Congressional oversight under the tenure of a Republican. By and large, only stimulus spending to boost the economy and health care legislation can be attributed to Obama.
Neither party in Congress will accept any formula that seems to impact their own bottom lines. It's Government of the wealthy, by the wealthy and primarily for the wealthy. It's testament to the dumbing down of America that this reality is completely ignored in favor of admiration for the real crooks and criminals in this picture - corrupt predator globalists with laws on their side as they continue picking the pockets of America's labor force assisted by THEIR congressional representatives - bought out lock, stock and barrel.
That brings us back to talk of guns, insurrection and government overthrow.
...rolling eyes.....
The problem is YOU "lunatics" who make assumptions about people who don't agree with you on every topic.

Your post is bursting with so many ridiculous misconceptions about me and where I stand on the issues and problems facing "our" country I won't even waste my time arguing with you.

Why not? Your mind is made up. You've judged me without prejudice. Your ignorance and mindset is disappointing.

Level 1

Location hidden

#95999 Jan 26, 2013
gotoguy FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, bullsh*t. You're just covering for the drunken sailor we have as our Child-President. What matters is that he's SPENDING MONEY WE DON'T HAVE! The debt has gone up under Obama more than under any President ever, no matter how you measure it. If you spend a lot more than you take in, you get enormous debt: pretty simple really.
The Senate, totally controlled by Democrats, has not passed a budget since Obama took office. NOT ONCE! It doesn't take four years to find your ass with both hands, yet the Senate and Obama can't seem to do just that.
$17 trillion in debt and no end in sight. That's due to Obama, the child who must finally admit that his dog did NOT eat his homework.
Nice job presenting only the numbers that you want us to notice while ignoring all the rest, including the most important ones. You have a job waiting for you in government as a BS artist. You can even start as a GS-12, as you have a gift for obfuscation. You are a talented ObamaZombie, a step above the usual transparent liars we see in their ranks.(Or did you copy & paste your DNC talking points from somebody else?)
Forget it. Anyone still blaming Bush is a lost (and indoctrinated) cause.

Or maybe it's "Bush's fault" Obama's Inauguration speech failed to mention America’s fiscal problems and focused instead on making the nation’s top priority "social justice."

Want to know how the left sees everyone that disagrees with them? Read "NTRPRNR1" critique of me, a person she's never met or discussed current affairs with. See what I mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 26 min Memo From Turner 23
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 2 hr Le Jimbo 33
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 3 hr Guess Who 57
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr American Werewolves 137,128
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 5 hr dumb and dumber 3
2016: Jeb Tries to Head Off Controversy by Exit... 6 hr Guess Who 1
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 8 hr barefoot2626 311
More from around the web