The President has failed us

There are 381468 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#91024 Jan 14, 2013

Is Obama anti-semitic??

Obama, Netanyahu: Bad blood between key allies

By STEVEN R. HURST | Associated Press Ė 2 hrs 53 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP)ó President Barack Obama heads into his second term weighed down by an American government snarled in partisan gridlock, but also by an unproductive relationship with the leader of Israel, the bedrock U.S. ally in the tumultuous Middle East.

And the puzzle that is the U.S.-Israeli relationship under Obama and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is only growing more complex.

"It's troubled. It's the greatest dysfunction between leaders that I've seen in my 40 years in watching and participating," said Aaron David Miller, a scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center who served under six secretaries of state in both Republican and Democratic administrations. He was deeply involved in negotiations involving Israel, Jordan, Syria and the Palestinians.

"I don't think we are headed for a showdown," he said, "but the relationship will continue to be dysfunctional."

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-netanyahu-bad-blo...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91025 Jan 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! It is ...
I've been trying to tell these peeps that ...
Have a "good" one :)
You and me both.....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE
Enlighten.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91026 Jan 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How about when you imply and infer things of a personal nature of which you have no firsthand knowledge? How about spreading lies and slander under the guise of your long time "silent" reading? Much of my "personal" information was not posted BY me until such time that my PRIVATE OFFSITE emails were publicly posted in the threads and only responded to them in order to set the record straight - not anything more. How about that? Do you approve of posting private emails (not PM's - emails) in excerpted format in order to mischaracterize and defame? Clearly, you do, because you repeat the offense after "silently" reading for so many years. Of course, you realize the very poster you support is also the same poster who was recently bumped and that ultimately ties back to the other character who was repeatedly banned and who did, in fact, repeatedly post my name, address, telephone number, my husband's name, my children's first and last names, etc.? You think I posted THAT? Really? Yet, you're here on his behalf and in opposition to the three of us who were recently threatened by you pooh-poohing (pun intended) the seriousness of those threats and trying to shift responsibility away from the source(s).
One would be inclined to believe you know something others do not. One would be inclined to believe you think the joke is only a joke - rather than the invitation it actually was to something or somebody much more sinister. You're an idiot. Games sometimes have unintended consequences, most especially when games involve release of somebody's names and addresses. Google that, dumbazz
There are a lot of crazy people in this world.

My biggest concern is the psycho that sees the information some other idiot posts, gets obsessed, and decides to act on it.

It's just completely irresponsible to place other people and their family members in the way of potential harm just because of some petty dispute on a forum like this.

The people doing this would be the first to cry foul if it was being done to them and theirs.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91027 Jan 14, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
The lefty thugs all when to the Welcome Top Mod 8 thread to bash and slash at her. They are trying to get her fired now. It never ends.....
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever stop whining?
LMAO, does anybody ever stop whining.
He's failed to stop whining too. Add that to the list of many others... LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91031 Jan 14, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Posit. I had a question for you if you don't mind.
You keep posting that you "know me" and that you have my personal information.
I know that not all that long ago you were posting with a location just up the road from me. It was about the time some of your friends were posting my personal information.
Have we met in real life? Have you ever been to the old farm we used to live at and have you ever approached one of my family members out here in the real world?
Might just be the games you people play, but you seem to suggest repeatedly that you have some "connection" of sorts with me and my real life.
For example, when I moved you insisted that you knew for a fact that I was still living at the old address. Did it repeatedly.
Just a couple of nights ago you said you knew me in a reference to real life and not Topix.
So what's the deal and where are you getting your "information"?
Exactly how do you "know" me?
I know you virtually. In the virtual world and only by what you or others have posted.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#91032 Jan 14, 2013
Yes Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
Good read. They don't like truth here though. What they all fail to realize is that not even feel good Obama will save any of us from what's coming. And BTW, I'm not a racist.
Race has nothing to do with poverty.

The left thrives on making race an issue. If you object to tax hikes, you hate the poor. If you object to abortion, you're launching a war on women. If you support traditional marriage, you hate gays. Discussion and debate about important policies is shut down immediately with such tactics. Political correctness has accomplished one thing, burying the truth.

Poverty strikes ALL. Poverty doesn't care what you look like.

Level 1

Location hidden

#91033 Jan 14, 2013
Oaky wrote:
The president will address the nation today at 11:15 a.m.
Still campaigning, is he?
LMAO

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#91034 Jan 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How about when you imply and infer things of a personal nature of which you have no firsthand knowledge? How about spreading lies and slander under the guise of your long time "silent" reading? Much of my "personal" information was not posted BY me until such time that my PRIVATE OFFSITE emails were publicly posted in the threads and only responded to them in order to set the record straight - not anything more. How about that? Do you approve of posting private emails (not PM's - emails) in excerpted format in order to mischaracterize and defame? Clearly, you do, because you repeat the offense after "silently" reading for so many years. Of course, you realize the very poster you support is also the same poster who was recently bumped and that ultimately ties back to the other character who was repeatedly banned and who did, in fact, repeatedly post my name, address, telephone number, my husband's name, my children's first and last names, etc.? You think I posted THAT? Really? Yet, you're here on his behalf and in opposition to the three of us who were recently threatened by you pooh-poohing (pun intended) the seriousness of those threats and trying to shift responsibility away from the source(s).
One would be inclined to believe you know something others do not. One would be inclined to believe you think the joke is only a joke - rather than the invitation it actually was to something or somebody much more sinister. You're an idiot. Games sometimes have unintended consequences, most especially when games involve release of somebody's names and addresses. Google that, dumbazz
I have just composed a letter that I am getting ready to post but I saw this and wanted to address it first.

You are wrong.

I have posted totally on my own here and not in support of anyone except maybe RH. I found what was done to her disgusting and decided to give you all a taste of your own medicine. As it turns out, not a wise choice on my part.

And I never posted anything to or about you that I did not take directly from the things you yourself posted.

" you're here on his behalf and in opposition to the three of us who were recently threatened by you pooh-poohing (pun intended) the seriousness of those threats and trying to shift responsibility away from the source(s)."

As I said, you are most definitely wrong.

I don't even know who you are talking about. I am not here on ANY ONES behalf and I most certainly did not pooh-pooh ANY kind of threats made here. In fact, I reported them. I have no idea who made threats to you and others but I certainly do not condone them. And I never tried to shift any responsibility away from anyone. Not even myself.

We don't like each other. That is a given. But at least I have taken a long hard look at my ugliness here. Maybe you should do the same. You are not without blame.
LMAO

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#91036 Jan 14, 2013
My wife just finished reading all that I had written last night. And she was not a happy woman. She said I played mighty rough. I told her to read what others had written. She said she didnít care what anyone else wrote, she didnít live with them. Then she asked me how I would feel if some of the things I had said had been said to either her or our daughter? Let me tell you, that stopped me dead in my tracks.

It made me take a really long, hard, un-objective look at myself. And I didnít like what I saw.

I guess I figured that posting insults is like that study about violence on television. It is so prolific, you just donít notice it anymore. If I got immune to having insults hurled at me after only one week, then I figured you all were really immune after several years of them. I could have been wrong about that. I often am. My wife says my redeeming quality is that I know and can admit it.

So here I am, offering a heartfelt apology to all who will accept it. And yes, I do mean from MY heart. I really do have one even though it certainly was not in evidence here. I am sure that some, probably most, will scoff and not believe me. And who could really blame you. But I am being sincere.

Hopefully, there will be no more posts from me. Well, maybe one or two.(this truly is addictive) But if, and I really mean IF there is, it will be a kinder and gentler LMAO. That is a promise. And it will be posted under this name, the only name I have used here, believe it or not.

There will be no proxy server downloaded on this computer. I share it with my wife and she has put her foot down. It is such a dainty little foot but it wields a lot of power. Some will call me whipped. Probably so, but she is well worth it. She is the light that guides me. Always has been. I was almost blinded by the mirror I tried to hold up to some of you, but not so blinded that I canít see she is right. I am going to have to work very hard to redeem myself in her eyes and it makes me truly sad to know that.

I hope you will take this post as it is intended. As an apology. Those who do not, well, canít say I blame you. But unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that.

Peace out.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91038 Jan 14, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a very serious phisher stalking you today. I wouldn't give him anymore information. Remember, he thinks he is being stalked and threatened and it looks like he think it may be you and might try to get revenge.
I don't stalk anybody and he shouldn't even feel that I am stalking anybody. I just disagree with some things he posts but not all.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91042 Jan 14, 2013
LMAO wrote:
My wife just finished reading all that I had written last night. And she was not a happy woman. She said I played mighty rough. I told her to read what others had written. She said she didnít care what anyone else wrote, she didnít live with them. Then she asked me how I would feel if some of the things I had said had been said to either her or our daughter? Let me tell you, that stopped me dead in my tracks.
It made me take a really long, hard, un-objective look at myself. And I didnít like what I saw.
I guess I figured that posting insults is like that study about violence on television. It is so prolific, you just donít notice it anymore. If I got immune to having insults hurled at me after only one week, then I figured you all were really immune after several years of them. I could have been wrong about that. I often am. My wife says my redeeming quality is that I know and can admit it.
So here I am, offering a heartfelt apology to all who will accept it. And yes, I do mean from MY heart. I really do have one even though it certainly was not in evidence here. I am sure that some, probably most, will scoff and not believe me. And who could really blame you. But I am being sincere.
Hopefully, there will be no more posts from me. Well, maybe one or two.(this truly is addictive) But if, and I really mean IF there is, it will be a kinder and gentler LMAO. That is a promise. And it will be posted under this name, the only name I have used here, believe it or not.
There will be no proxy server downloaded on this computer. I share it with my wife and she has put her foot down. It is such a dainty little foot but it wields a lot of power. Some will call me whipped. Probably so, but she is well worth it. She is the light that guides me. Always has been. I was almost blinded by the mirror I tried to hold up to some of you, but not so blinded that I canít see she is right. I am going to have to work very hard to redeem myself in her eyes and it makes me truly sad to know that.
I hope you will take this post as it is intended. As an apology. Those who do not, well, canít say I blame you. But unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that.
Peace out.
IMO, I have no choice but to accept that.

Level 1

Location hidden

#91043 Jan 14, 2013
Wow...six lies in his first 2 minutes.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#91044 Jan 14, 2013
Oaky wrote:
Wouldn't!!!!! Wouldn't let him buy a gun!
Thank God that guns are used for protection and shouldn't be used for revenge.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#91048 Jan 14, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Peace out.
Kudos to your wife! I wish everybody could come here with this kind of mindset. I hope your new attitude sticks, and others decide to follow your lead! You never said anything untoward to me, but I hope that those to whom you may directed those comments will accept your apology and move on with the kinder, gentler mindset you have decided to take.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91051 Jan 14, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Peace out.
For what it's worth, I think you are being sincere.

Might be a lesson in there for all of us.

good for you

Absecon, NJ

#91055 Jan 14, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Peace out.
Good for you. I hope you are sincere and I wish you and yours the best.

Sadly though I have read deathbed confessions on here only to find the poster that died had became a new poster after all the sympathy was used up.

I have read of husbands, sons and brothers that were lost to war. only to find out later that it was all made up shit for attention.

I have read too many things on topix and the internet as a whole to have anything more then surface compassion for anyone I don't know in real life.

If you were mean to anyone on this thread I'm sure it was warranted and I doubt they deserve an apology. They probably deserve more ridicule because they are truly the bottom feeders of society.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#91057 Jan 14, 2013
White House tells Paul Ryan it wonít meet budget deadline
By Erik Wasson - 01/14/13 12:06 PM ET

The White House has informed House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that it will miss the legal deadline for sending a budget to Congress....

Under the law, Obama must submit a budget by the first Monday in February, but he has met the deadline only once. The annual budget submission is supposed to start a congressional budgeting process, but that has also broken down. The Senate last passed a budget resolution in 2009.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/...
Brad

Manchester, CT

#91058 Jan 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
White House tells Paul Ryan it wonít meet budget deadline
By Erik Wasson - 01/14/13 12:06 PM ET
The White House has informed House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that it will miss the legal deadline for sending a budget to Congress....
Under the law, Obama must submit a budget by the first Monday in February, but he has met the deadline only once. The annual budget submission is supposed to start a congressional budgeting process, but that has also broken down. The Senate last passed a budget resolution in 2009.
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/...
But smokin Joe Biden will have new gun legislation on Oblamers desk by tomorrow.
Funny how things get done when they're agenda drivin?

Level 1

Location hidden

#91060 Jan 14, 2013
good for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly though I have read deathbed confessions on here only to find the poster that died had became a new poster after all the sympathy was used up.
I have read of husbands, sons and brothers that were lost to war. only to find out later that it was all made up shit for attention.
The personal stories/boasts/accomplishments read on Topix are best taken with the largest grain of salt.

Level 1

Location hidden

#91061 Jan 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The White House has informed House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that it will miss the legal deadline for sending a budget to Congress...
Again? Sheesh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-INS Agent: 'They're Not Undocumented Immigra... 6 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 3
News "I have never seen negatives that high," says a... 12 min okimar 119
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 36 min Mickey Ratt Club 140,914
News Anti-Trump protests break out again in California 3 hr Memo From Turner 5
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 3 hr spud 300
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 4 hr Denny CranesPlace 5,418
News Twice convicted and deported illegal alien arre... 5 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web