The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336587 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#88661 Jan 10, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a lot of guilt to provide such a lengthy explanation in your defense. Good grief!!!
No guilt whatever. I explained the truth, nothing more. Again, it was none of your business, but you chose to butt in and stir up even more discord.

You're a trouble maker, RH and a hateful b*tch.
higgans

Marion, IN

#88662 Jan 10, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a polarized world where middle of the road Americans are forced to take extreme positions rather than the moderate views they hold. I find myself called upon to defend the President often, primarily because of the unjustified nature of the attacks on the man. I don't agree with everything that goes on under the current administration, but I'm positive I would be even less enthusiastic had Romney been elected. I'm very relieved he wasn't. That said, I don't think our biggest problems stem from the White House. I see them as the gridlock and intransigence in Congress and the partisanship "efforts" to block any kind of progress. Yes, I do see the Republican efforts as almost solely devoted to serving the interests of the wealthiest.
I'd like them to prove me wrong and get busy demonstrating they have ideas and legislative proposals that are helpful across the board for all Americans. I'm not holding my breath on that one. After all, McConnell signaled that "We're done with revenues." That pathetic compromise is the end of what Republicans find acceptable, and they think cuts alone will get us out of the hole we're in. That just shifts the burden to state and local governments to institute taxes and fees. Mark my words. Every cut to a Federal program will result in increased taxes at the state and local level. Sigh. Yes, I will be impacted, and I'm concerned, because I can't plan for the hit in a vacuum. My property taxes will likely climb at a time in life where I am on a pension and a budget, and it will make it tougher for me to handle my responsibilities if they move up very much futher. Still, I expect they will, and I will have to find a way.
don't want YOUR property taxes to go up... why? if u can afford to own property, shouldn't YOU pay so others can live rent reduced or free, too? that is what INCREASED income taxes on 'certain' wage earners is GOING FOR: to supplement those NOT earning any thing or not enough.
I work for a school corp... BUT I don't RUN the damn thing. I earn a set wage... BUT I don't determine that wage. my wife and I made two babies and PAID for them and made a conscious decision to NOT have any more... why should WE have to pay for others not doing the same?
YOU don't want to pay MORE taxes, neither do I. guess what, Mom, under the present form of govt, we both will. either income, payroll, property, gas, booze, tobacco, energy, communications, hotel, luxury, excise, etc... ALL TAXES.
the pity is, our infrastructure will continue to crumble, the jobs will still go overseas, the wars will continue, the borders will remain unsecured and illegals AND legal aliens will continue to take jobs, our schools and families will continue to erode AND those in office will continue to kick the can down the road and live well, OFF OF US, while doing it.
why? because people like YOU voted for the evil you knew (and agreed with 51%) instead of telling the failure-in-office to hit the road. four years later, do the same IF things do not improve. repeat as OFTEN as necessary. THAT is OUR failure, as the governed: worrying about OUR situation instead of the WHOLE.
pretty soon, you will be impacted by your choices. every one of us will be... if not already.
but, thank you for clarifying WHY u voted the way u did... so YOU wouldn't have to 'share the pain'.
welcome to the New America... revel in it, enjoy it.
hurry, hurry, hurry...

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#88663 Jan 10, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea , Hey Gzeena. What was it Rose , Rico, and Shaya said to S.B.?
Not to mention Rico claiming he was out side Her house.
Oh yeah is your phone ringing off the hook sweety?
They get what they give I suppose?
I never said anything of the kind to Barnes. You lie as always.

You pathetic losers are so desperate to retaliate and even the score, you act like little grade school kids. Laughable and so weak and cowardly, but that's most of the right wing extremist nut jobs here anyway. Nothing but weak, cowardly liars who have no power so need to use the internet to hide behind proxies and harass people.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#88664 Jan 10, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd figure out some way to blame republicans, and with the help of the media, the low-information democrat base would believe it.
I also heard NY Gov. Cuomo trying to out rant Alex Jones.
CT Gov. Malloy shouted a fine straw man yesterday, too.
I saw him. I wasn't impressed. I didn't see Malloy though. Off hand do you have a link?

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#88665 Jan 10, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK today's my 76th Birthday so I'll give you this one.
14.4 Million :(:(
Happy?
Happy Birthday, Cricket.

You don't look a day over 55.:-)

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88666 Jan 10, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>as far as I've seen it has always been the radical right that has done things like post personal information. Both sides hit each other with trash but not that very low blow of posting personal information.
Are you a radical right? If not I wasn't talking about you, if yes I was.
It's the radical right that wants to publish the ersonal information of gun owners?

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#88667 Jan 10, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
"What was posted was a link to a real estate website which I didn't even know was really hers."
You're saying, "What I posted was a link to a real estate website which I didn't even know was really hers."
You posted S Barnes personal information. Spin it any way you want but I was there when you did it and now it's happened to you.
Quit your dam whining please. Most people here don't care who you are anyway, but what you are. A liar and a hateful, rude one at that.
Pfffttt!
Wrong, but whatever makes you feel good, geelzebub.

I don't care about you, your opinion of me or anyone else's opinion of me. It affects me in no way, so your silly power struggles are humorous at best.

Level 1

Location hidden

#88668 Jan 10, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite and liar just like those you defend and align yourself with.
Do you align yourself with a political party?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#88669 Jan 10, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the whole thing is working to further isolate the extreme right wing of the republican party.
Might help more moderate elements regain their footing and take back control of a party that has lost it's way.
Do I see a glimmer of sense from you, Jack? I don't agree with your "lost it's way adage" Though.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#88670 Jan 10, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's been the problem all along. You really don't know what's happening or what has happened on these threads many years ago.
It's the culture.

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#88671 Jan 10, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you align yourself with a political party?
I'm a registered Independent. What's your point?

Level 1

Location hidden

#88672 Jan 10, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I saw him. I wasn't impressed. I didn't see Malloy though. Off hand do you have a link?
This is from the Hartford Courant, the CT newspaper with the largest circulation. It is a very liberal-leaning entity.

The piece I'm including shows how the left takes and molds an issue through rhetoric, and in this case a straw man argument.

"Mr. Malloy promises to improve school security without, thankfully, arming teachers or posting guards outside every classroom. More than 850 local officials and parents attended a workshop Monday featuring national experts on ways to improve security without turning schools into armed camps."

This is how the left took the suggestion of placing ONE armed police officer/resource officer at CT schools and turned it into something the NO ONE has suggested.

I wish someone would confront Malloy why it's necessary to have SEVERAL armed officers at the CT Capitol building. I guess it's more important for our politicians to be protected than our children.

http://articles.courant.com/2013-01-09/news/h...

Level 1

Location hidden

#88673 Jan 10, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's the culture.
I've been posting here a bit longer than you ('07). Nothing has changed. Most posters align themselves with small cliques of like minded people on a thread and insult and disparage those that disagree. Sadly, the number of reasonably civil posters is dwindling.

Sound familiar?

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#88674 Jan 10, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
So?????????? I certainly know what has occurred since I have been on here!
Since Nov 12? Or are you an old user with a new name?

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#88675 Jan 10, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the radical right that wants to publish the ersonal information of gun owners?
Is it really? I don't feel that posting names of people that own guns does any good. If anything it lets the criminals know who isn't armed. In fact they are the only ones I see winning out on that process.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Wekweti NT

#88676 Jan 10, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
don't want YOUR property taxes to go up... why? if u can afford to own property, shouldn't YOU pay so others can live rent reduced or free, too? that is what INCREASED income taxes on 'certain' wage earners is GOING FOR: to supplement those NOT earning any thing or not enough.
I work for a school corp... BUT I don't RUN the damn thing. I earn a set wage... BUT I don't determine that wage. my wife and I made two babies and PAID for them and made a conscious decision to NOT have any more... why should WE have to pay for others not doing the same?
YOU don't want to pay MORE taxes, neither do I. guess what, Mom, under the present form of govt, we both will. either income, payroll, property, gas, booze, tobacco, energy, communications, hotel, luxury, excise, etc... ALL TAXES.
the pity is, our infrastructure will continue to crumble, the jobs will still go overseas, the wars will continue, the borders will remain unsecured and illegals AND legal aliens will continue to take jobs, our schools and families will continue to erode AND those in office will continue to kick the can down the road and live well, OFF OF US, while doing it.
why? because people like YOU voted for the evil you knew (and agreed with 51%) instead of telling the failure-in-office to hit the road. four years later, do the same IF things do not improve. repeat as OFTEN as necessary. THAT is OUR failure, as the governed: worrying about OUR situation instead of the WHOLE.
pretty soon, you will be impacted by your choices. every one of us will be... if not already.
but, thank you for clarifying WHY u voted the way u did... so YOU wouldn't have to 'share the pain'.
hurry, hurry, hurry...
They will be negatively impacted by the choices that they made, while I will continue to be posit*ively impacted, by the choices I made Posit*ively long ago, regardless of who they voted for. LOL
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#88677 Jan 10, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
hurry, hurry, hurry...
If you're that sick and tired of paying taxes, why don't you move to a country where taxes are minimal? Like Somalia? You can even go gun-crazy there and buy a bazooka.

Crumbling infrastructure? Taxes paid for that infrastructure. It's crumbling because Republicans refuse to release federal funds to pay for repairs. And states with the highest taxes have the best infrastructure; states with the lowest taxes have the worst.

Jobs shipped overseas? You can thank Romney and other die-hard capitalist Republicans for that. Labor's cheaper overseas and cheaper overhead means increased profits, but at US citizens' expense.

Legal and illegal take our jobs? Illegals pick your lettuce and change hotel sheets. Are you angry that this line of work is no longer available to you? Legal aliens take our jobs? First, they're legal, so they have every right to be here. Second, the jobs they take are jobs the US citizens are not qualified for, jobs that require specific education, like those in computer sciences and math-related occupations. Our citizens could qualify for such positions if they had the appropriate education, but Republicans' have for years been trying to minimize the quality of education by refusing to fund it and even do away with the Dept. of Education. Another example of Republicans setting fire to their home and then complaining that their house is on fire and trying to blame it one others. Brilliant.

Level 1

Location hidden

#88679 Jan 10, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Is it really? I don't feel that posting names of people that own guns does any good. If anything it lets the criminals know who isn't armed. In fact they are the only ones I see winning out on that process.
Yes, it's the left calling for the names to be published.

As to the rest of your post, we agree.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#88680 Jan 10, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Is it really? I don't feel that posting names of people that own guns does any good. If anything it lets the criminals know who isn't armed. In fact they are the only ones I see winning out on that process.
You can't have it both ways. If the list of individuals is a public document, then its publication is legal. And since gun owership is enshrined in the 2nd Amen, one would expect that proud gun owners would have no problem letting others know that they have exercised their Constitutional right to own a gun.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#88681 Jan 10, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
hurry, hurry, hurry...
Did you ever think that we might need more of the social programs right now because of the economy? We have more people out of work now then ever before. They do need help as well as help to find jobs. That's how we will pull out of all of this and keep the integrity of our Nation. When we are economically better off then the social services can be either shut down or lowered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 1 hr Prep-for-Dep 91
News Trump lashes out at lawyer over breast pump 1 hr Mite Be 21
News Donald Trump Calls for Deporting Undocumented I... 1 hr Justin 4
News Voters To G.O.P.: We're Just Not That Into Immi... 2 hr STFU 1
News Victor Davis Hanson 6 hours ago 3 hr see the light 1
News Jindal: Bush 'got it wrong' on immigration 3 hr Go Blue Forever 18
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 4 hr Your Ex 87
More from around the web