The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393241 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71283 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
You're babbling again.
Somehow you remind me of these words, Jack. With respect of course. ;) ;)
Songwriters: MARKS/LONDIS

It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack
You taught me all I know and I'll never look back

You took a colored ribbon from out of the sky
And taught me how to use it as the years went by
To tie up all your problems and make them look neat
And then to sell them to the people in the street

I saw right through the way you started teachin' me now
So some day soon you could get to use me somehow
I thank you very much and though you've been very kind
But I'd better move along before you change my mind

You know how I feel as if I'll never come back

You taught me all the things the way you'd like them to be
But I'd like to see if other people agree
It's all very int'resting the way you disguise
But I'd like to see the world through my own eyes

No hard feelin's if I never come back
You're a very strange man and I thank you, Master Jack

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71284 Dec 11, 2012
entrenched wrote:
Im on board too! Political parties use the divide and conquer mentality
YES they do.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71285 Dec 11, 2012
trekk wrote:
WOW I had no idea just how many people are sleeping in this day and age. Until I came to Topix. Wake UP!! Obama is a puppet! He doesnt make any decisions. He is the face of the unseen. Until we realize that, we will be blaming or idolizing him and all the while getting "royally f#@$$d" and wont know whose f@#$%d us.
Both parties are to blame too.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71286 Dec 11, 2012
Mo Delon wrote:
Is it true undocumented landscapers worked at the white house?
Who said they did? Link?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71287 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen said what?
If you want it to stop simply STFU or deal with it.
Your choice.
:)
Let's move on. We will both deal with it
I "simply" and with reason, and you ? LOL

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#71288 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow you remind me of these words, Jack. With respect of course. ;) ;)
Songwriters: MARKS/LONDIS
You took a colored ribbon from out of the sky
And taught me how to use it as the years went by
To tie up all your problems and make them look neat
And then to sell them to the people in the street
I saw right through the way you started teachin' me now
So some day soon you could get to use me somehow
I thank you very much and though you've been very kind
But I'd better move along before you change my mind
You know how I feel as if I'll never come back
You taught me all the things the way you'd like them to be
But I'd like to see if other people agree
It's all very int'resting the way you disguise
But I'd like to see the world through my own eyes
No hard feelin's if I never come back
You're a very strange man and I thank you, Master Jack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A0WvXpyufT8XX
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Gettin' seriously creepy dude.

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Location hidden

#71289 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Let's move on. We will both deal with it
I "simply" and with reason, and you ? LOL
Would it help if I let you have the last word?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#71290 Dec 11, 2012

"DEMOCRATIC" Senator Harry Reid, the leader of the rat pack had no problem ramrodding this past B.O. lol

Defense Authorization – Final Passage - Vote Passed (98-0, 2 Not Voting)

Following a Monday cloture vote, last week the Senate gave unanimous support to its FY 2013 defense authorization bill. The measure provides funding for all branches of the armed services (excluding the Coast Guard), nuclear security operations at the Department of Energy, and “overseas contingency operations,” i.e., funding for the war in Afghanistan and other overseas conflicts. Fiscal 2013 funding in the bill would come to roughly $631 billion,$88 billion of which covers war costs. Major amendments adopted during debate would further toughen sanctions against Iran; clarify that U.S. citizens and permanent residents may not be detained without charge or trial if apprehended on American soil; prohibit transfer of detainees from Guantanamo Bay to a U.S. facility; and ensure that the Pentagon is able to purchase alternative fuels. The provision on alternative fuels is likely to be a sticking point in conference negotiations with the House, whose bill prohibits purchase of such fuels if they are more expensive than traditional options such as petroleum.

Despite President Obama’s veto message, both chambers’ bills contain restrictions on Guantanamo detainee transfers, retirement of Air National Guard planes, and TRICARE enrollment fees. Though conferees have not been named for either side (that is likely to happen this week), staff discussions have already begun.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71291 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
If the hole fits....
Ralff is about as "free thinking" as you are clever.
Not very.
Free thinking, as per individual, doesn't fit the bipartisan realm and never did.

Level 8

#71292 Dec 11, 2012
B,O where are you when those children need you??

Oh,supporting the unions in Detroit!

Because the children are not enough to vote!!

Crowd cheers President Obama at Daimler Detroit Deisel plant in Redford, Mich., Dec. 10, 2012 (AP Photo)

Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading

By Terence P. Jeffrey

December 11, 2012

( CNSNews.com )- In the public schools in Detroit, Mich., according to the U.S. Department of Education, only 7 percent of the eighth graders are grade-level proficient or better in reading.

Some public school teachers in the City of Detroit and around the state of Michigan are reportedly taking a vacation or a sick day today to protest right-to-work legislation likely to be approved by the state legislature. Under current law, Michigan public school teachers must pay dues to the teachers’ union. If the right-to-work law is enacted, Michigan public-school teachers will be free to join the union and pay dues to it if they wish, but they will also be free not to join the union and not to pay it dues.

Detroit public-school eighth graders do even worse in math than they do in reading, according to the Department of Education. While only 7 percent scored highly enough on the department’s National Assessment of Educational Progress test in 2011 to be rated “proficient” or better in reading, only 4 percent scored highly enough to be rated “proficient” or better in math.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/only-7-detroi...

Level 8

#71293 Dec 11, 2012
OLD!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71294 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
There once was a man from Nantucket...
Gettin' seriously creepy dude.
No harm or creepiness intended, seriously. LOL You'll be ok. But thanks for your concern, Jack.

Level 8

#71295 Dec 11, 2012
B.O. Gaff Sept. 2011

Morsi Declares Martial Law in Egypt 1 Year After Obama Praised Arab Spring’s ‘Moral Force of Non-Violence’

By Penny Starr

December 10, 2012

( CNSNews.com )- On Sunday, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi issued a decree that allows the military to arrest civilians until the vote on a new constitution is over – just a little more than one year after President Barack Obama praised the Arab Spring as the “moral force of non-violence.”

In September 2011, Obama spoke at the United Nations in New York City, praising the uprisings in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.

“One year ago, Egypt had known one president for nearly 30 years,”

Obama said.“But for 18 days, the eyes of the world were glued to Tahrir Square, where Egyptians from all walks of life – men and women, young and old, Muslim and Christian –

******demanded their universal rights.******

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/morsi-declare...

Since: Feb 09

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#71296 Dec 11, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you haven't been calling the President a traitor?
Those aren't my "judge-it's", but so far you've been 100% wrong in your accusations, having p-r-o-v-e-n nothing. I'd say it's time you took your fly-buzzing-around-someones-po sts somewhere else.

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Location hidden

#71297 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Free thinking, as per individual, doesn't fit the bipartisan realm and never did.
Uhmmm...I think you've got that backwards.

Free thinking doesn't fit the PARTISAN realm and never has.

Bipartisanship on the other hand (reaching across the aisle to find common ground for the common good) requires a great deal of "free thinking" and a good measure of courage in this hyper-partisan political culture.

Keep trying....

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#71298 Dec 11, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"AR is Army Regulation, civilian."
Find a link for AR113 (Army Regulation #113) from an "Official" document. And dude, I am a civilian and so are you. Being in the National Guards doesn't exactly make you GI Joe.
And for the record, your discussion with Terry maybe over, but my discussion with you is not. It is you who's violating the rules if in fact you're in the Army. Eh!
<yawn> I don't work for you, either. You want something looked up, do it yourself.

Level 8

#71299 Dec 11, 2012
What B.O. didn't tell the voters was that he and Pelosi would spend $6 "Trillion" in his first term!

Obama in 2008:‘We’re Going to Have to Take On Entitlements – I’d Like to Do It in My First Term’

By Fred Lucas

December 10, 2012

( CNSNews.com )– As a candidate for president in 2008, Barack Obama said he would like to address entitlement reform during his first term in office.

“We’re going to have to take on entitlements, and I think we've got to do it quickly,” Obama said as a candidate on Oct. 7, 2008, during the second presidential debate.“We're going to have a lot of work to do, so I can't guarantee that we're going to do it in the next two years, but I'd like to do it in my first term as president.”

As president-elect, Obama made a similar statement to the editorial board of the Washington Post, which ran a story headlined,

“Obama Pledges Reform of Social Security, Medicare Programs.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-2008-we...

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#71300 Dec 11, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to realize that this guy is an eleven bang bang aka: Cannon Fodder. Don't expect too much intelect there.
Everybody wants to be infantry, no one wants to earn it. KMA, "poge". Not to say much, but my ASFAB were pretty good. in the top 5%. Been a while.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71301 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it help if I let you have the last word?
Why? Does the last word count? Don't you know Jack, that neither of us will ever have it no matter how hard we each try to. That is the inherent fault of the bipartisan system. ;)

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Location hidden

#71302 Dec 11, 2012
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Those aren't my "judge-it's", but so far you've been 100% wrong in your accusations, having p-r-o-v-e-n nothing. I'd say it's time you took your fly-buzzing-around-someones-po sts somewhere else.
Hey justagi.

Look, I wish I could just ignore all of this and I have no desire to disrespect or fight with you, but if you said the things you have posted here to one of your superior officers you could be brought up on charges and you know it.

An active duty soldier can not say the things you have said about their superiors.

Might be time to drop the whole thing.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Privilege: G Soros E Mails Reveal Massive Subve... 3 min Jeff Brightone 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 11 min Just Slim 142,206
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 17 min Lawrence Wolf 24
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 24 min abc 7,538
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 25 min Battle Tested 7,137
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 56 min WasteWater 10,958
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr Eleanor 88
More from around the web