The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388278 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#65921 Nov 28, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you also consider it a "possibility" that Obama and his administration considered 4 dead Americans, killed by terrorists prior to the election as a political embarrassment? Is it "possible" that rather than admit a terrorist attack, he chose to make it the responsibility of a spontaneous riot based on a video rather than a massive blunder under his watch?
Yes it is possible. But we will never know the real reason. We can only speculate what it might be. As to it being a blunder on his part. The embassy was being protected by the country it is in. That's normal. What the problem was, the fact that the guards ran when the fighting happened. That wasn't something anyone could have anticipated.
In the mean time we have to move on with the present problems before us.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65923 Nov 28, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>OH honey law school WAS a piece of cake AFTER the chemistry degree I already had and worked with for 32 years!
Are you jealous? You should act like a lady and applaud all I paid in to the FG to help YOU!
Good day. DONE!
I don't get jealous of people that may do better in life then I have. Nor do I feel superior to people that I may have done better then. We're all fish in the same pond.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65925 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
"you igmo" ... some people can see enuf, in their long range planning, about 0's policies, NOT to go the road they originally planned to! Unlike you, WHO evidently can NOT! Wonder WHY people DUMPED their Stocks, the day after the election ??? eh? And why it still has not steadied?
Color has NOTHING to DO with iT!
Policies have EVERYTHING to DO with iT!
"you" racist igmo CLUELESS pos!
==========
http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/
-----LAYOFFS-------
November 28 , 2012
American Superconductor AMSC - 25% of Workforce
City of Jellico Tenn.- Layoffs Possible
Update: Wilkes-Barre PA - Will Announce Layoffs Soon
Vivendi ( International )- 856
Bankia ( Spain )- About 6,000 Jobs
Meriter Hospital in Madison Wis.- 50
Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority - 8
November 27 , 2012
Mercier's Inc. in Harmans MD - 75 Possible Layoffs
Credit Suisse ( Britain )- 100
Morton Hospital - Talk of Layoffs
CFB Borden ( International )- up to 120
November 26 , 2012
The C.R. Bard plant in Queensbury NY - 54
General Dynamics Anniston Plant - 98
Propark America - 186 Layoffs in Jan
Devon Energy Corp.- First Round of Layoffs to Start
University of the District of Columbia - Plans 25 Layoffs
November 25 , 2012
Jungle Jim’s in Union Township - 40
Slidell LA.- Proposes 16 Job Cuts
First Air ( International )- 15
Bloomberg - Cuts up to 100 TV Jobs in London
November 24 , 2012
TriHealth - 150 Employees Let Go, for Not Getting Required / Forced Flu Shot
November 23 , 2012
Eurocom - Layoffs Reported
Gol Brazilian Airlines - 850
Tata Steel ( International )- 900
PNC Financial in Houston - 33
Madison-based radio station WTDY - Some Layoffs
Yet you claim not to say vulgar things to other posters.

"you" racist igmo CLUELESS pos!"
==========

Your no lady.
Brit Expat

Baillargues, France

#65927 Nov 28, 2012
Before Obama was elected President he went to see Bill and Hillary for some campaign advice, at their spacious home.
After drinking several glasses of iced tea, he asked Bill Clinton if he could use his personal bathroom.
When he entered Clinton 's private toilet, he was astonished to see that Clinton had a solid gold urinal! Wow!
That afternoon, Obama told his wife, Michelle, about the urinal. "Just think,' he said,'when I am President, I too could have a gold urinal. But I wouldn't have something so self-indulgent!"

Later, when Michelle had lunch with Hillary, she told Hillary
how impressed Obama had been at his discovery of the fact that, in his private bathroom, Bill had a gold urinal.

That evening, when Bill and Hillary were getting ready for bed,
Hillary smiled, and said to Bill:
"I found out who pissed in your saxophone."

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65928 Nov 28, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text> REALLY that last statement....better be careful what YOU post!
So ....STILL no way should BE the bearer of the LEECH society, as YOU call others huh?!
You made no sense in the above statement. Plus I'm not into calling anyone names like so many others do on these threads. If you consider someone that worked all their lives raised a family and has grandchildren then became ill a leech then have at it. I've done my best that's all I can do.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#65929 Nov 28, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you also consider it a "possibility" that Obama and his administration considered 4 dead Americans, killed by terrorists prior to the election as a political embarrassment? Is it "possible" that rather than admit a terrorist attack, he chose to make it the responsibility of a spontaneous riot based on a video rather than a massive blunder under his watch?
I can certainly consider that a possibility, but I think it is MUCH less likely than the scenario that Islamic extremists whipped up a mob over the video, which then overran the embassy.

I mean, it's not like we haven't seen that scenario before. Remember when a mob stormed the Danish embassy in Pakistan over a cartoon drawing of Mohammad? That was way less antagonistic to them than this movie.

Sometimes it isn't a grand cover-up, sometimes it's just a mob of idiots that unexpectedly overwhelm people.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65931 Nov 28, 2012
Taj smelly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey whitey, are there any other color in your America?
In my America, yes there are many different colors. But not in my bloodline.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#65938 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bumps in the road ...:(
Could be worse...47% bumps in the road would sell us to China in a heartbeat.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#65940 Nov 28, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>He was just put back in office. By Us.
Then that would negate his being elected by those.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65942 Nov 28, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
POST 65897
This could be said of many on here! But, who knows who is telling the truth OR why one is on disability OR if they truly need to be! WA has made a very interesting statement on here days back AND in a reply right up there^-to then call someone on NO gov. pay a leech or moocher!
ACTUALLY none of this was any of my business UNTIL WA and NTR called me a leech several pages back!...kept/keep saying those who voted for Romney are moochers, leeches, etc. etc.! I ignored their ignorance as I knew better!
HOWEVER, when I read this morn. ALL this "stuff" about those on SSD and early SS....that changes! All THOSE who call people leeches and moochers and who are on those types of income-those who voted for Obama. WOW really!?
This is the post you referenced above:

"_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>The back pay is yours to do with as you please. At least you didn't spend it on drugs and booze.
Oh and Eagle just fyi I'm not buying the property with disability money. It's being paid for monthly by my husband. One day we hope to put a fish farm on it.

"T4YOU 2 wrote:
I am willing to bet hw disd wast a lot of it on Booze and drugs Wagle is not the most dtand up person in Fls Look at hol he left is wife after she supported his loser azz all of those years "

Now where in my post did I call anyone, anything?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#65945 Nov 28, 2012
TN Reader wrote:
I like the title of this article "The President has failed us."
How has the President failed "us" exactly?
I am lower middle class, but I was able to buy a house for the first time during his last term, my elderly parents can better afford medications, and another family member of mine was in danger of losing their job at an auto parts manufacturer until the auto industry was saved.
Who exactly has been hurt and how by this president? He never guaranteed a job to everyone, and you need to keep in mind that things were already in a massive nose dive during the end of Bush Jr.'s second term. It takes time and a lot of resources to pull the economy out of the kind of nose dive Bush Jr. sent it into.
The Economy was great under Bill Clinton (say whatever else you want about him) and was increasingly lousy under Bush Jr. culminating in the housing market crash and other economic problems brought on by his massive borrowing and spending. Take for instance the "Iraq War..." completely unnecessary. Paid for how... money borrowed from China. Nice one Republicans, the so called fiscally conservative party.
He has failed to give anyone anything for free. The biggest of which is the incentive to work and is the most valuable.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#65946 Nov 28, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>OH honey law school WAS a piece of cake AFTER the chemistry degree I already had and worked with for 32 years!
Are you jealous? You should act like a lady and applaud all I paid in to the FG to help YOU!
Good day. DONE!
And where did you get your AA Degree? Arrogant Azzhole, that is.

You didn't help anyone, you condescending, pompous jerk.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65947 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG !!!
It doesn't ALWAYS take an attorney hun.
SOME people are in such BAD health, their doctors HAVE iT done ...
Not really wrong....and yes some people are so bad off that they get disability the first time. But all have to get their doctors to state their disability and their inability to work for at least 12months. But most will still need to have an attorney no matter what the illness or disibility may be.
That's just how it is.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#65949 Nov 28, 2012
Taj smelly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey rhino how come yer pic looks like you're dead? Had someone poached you now?
Do you come from a land down unda?

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#65951 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney:
By the way, both my dad and Ann's dad did quite well in their life, but when they came to the end of their lives, and, and passed along inheritances to Ann and to me,
we both decided to give it all away.
So, I had inherited nothing.
Everything that Ann and I have we earned the old-fashioned way, and that's by hard work and…[applause] I see that—
Audience member: You've just lost Samantha's vote for a second time.[Audience laughs.]
Audience member (female): These jokes are [unintelligible].[More laughter.]
Romney: I say that because there's the percent that's, "Oh, you were born with a silver spoon," you know, "You never had to earn anything," and so forth. And, and frankly, I was born with a silver spoon, which is the greatest gift you could have, which is to get born in America. I'll tell ya, there is—95 percent of life is set up for you if you're born in this country.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/f...
you lefty's BLOG !!!
He told enough different things I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. Plus he is one of the few Presidential candidates that even lost in his own state. They know him.
What's with this "you lefty's BLOG"? What do you mean by that. I prefer full sentences so that I understand what you are trying to say.

Level 5

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#65955 Nov 28, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Backwards???? Ignorant???? You seem to have issues with those who are poor and live in eastern Kentucky. BTW, I didn't arrive at this opinion based on this post alone. There are areas in eastern Kentucky in which people are very poor and some may even be considered "backward" due to their cultural environment. This is certainly not the same as "ignorant". This is also true of many areas of the United States and not just eastern Kentucky.
Values are deeply held beliefs which guide our behavior and decisions. People generally use these values in making daily and life-long decisions. This includes everything from choosing their spouses, friends, type of employment, what they watch on TV, etc. Personal values are not always about religion. Values are things you feel strongly enough about to keep regardless of what you may get in return.
I would think most people who vote certainly use these values when making a selection, even if it is done subconsciously. Do you believe there were people who voted for Obama as he was pro-choice and/or pro-gay marriage? Of course they did. Should they be considered bigots for doing so?
I am also of the opinion that those who determine their vote based on their core values rather than the amount of entitlements they may receive says a great deal about their character. They are unselfish and live by their principles rather than their pocketbook.
Aha! Just as I thought - it's the Plagiarizing Princess Piglet from Plainfield! Lolol...I'd know that snarky, holier than thou attitude anywhere! And just to prove it...

"Values are deeply held beliefs which guide our behavior and decisions. People generally use these values in making daily and life-long decisions. This includes everything from choosing their spouses, friends, type of employment, what they watch on TV, etc"

Hmmmm....sounds a bit like this?
"Values are deeply held beliefs that guide our behaviors and decisions. They reside deeply within the subconscious and are tightly integrated into the fabric of everyday living. We make decisions and choose behaviors, friends, employment, and entertainment based, in large part, on our values."
http://suite101.com/article/development-of-pe...

BUSTED...again.

:)

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#65956 Nov 28, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>As you mentioned me I'll tell you. I'm physically disabled and that has to be verified by both the doctors and the Gov. doctors prior to being approved. Even with that SSD has an automatic decline for benefits. It takes an attorney in order to get your benefits. Normally approximately 3yrs to get approval. Thus the back pay lump sum.
I also recieve my retirement monies from the place I worked at for many years.
I hope that answered your question.
Until I was talking about this (or trying to talk about this) with
Eagle I didn't realized there was such a long wait between the time you apply for benefits and when you actually receive them.

Three years sounds like a incredible hardship if you're waiting for help you're entitled to.

The size of some of those initial checks came as a surprise too, but if you qualified three years ago and had to wait it's going to add up.

Guess I learned something.

Do you think it would be better if the review and approval process was faster or are the lump sum payouts the better way to be doing it?

I'm not sure anymore.

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#65957 Nov 28, 2012
Taj smelly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stoopy, I thought Santa had 'Balls'?
It's a safe bet that one does.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#65958 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congressman Allen West Says:
There are Between 78 and 81 Communist Party Members in Congress!
And He's Not Backing Down!
Actually, There are Well Over 110. Many are Republican. Says Progressives are Communists
http://commieblaster.com/
Wow, it sounds like he really has solid proof and isn't just trying to slander folks. <rolls eyes.> Good sources... NOT.

Let me use your logic for a moment. If Congressman Allen West said you were a filthy whore... would that make it true? Because, come on... a congressman would never lie right?

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#65959 Nov 28, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
"you igmo" ... some people can see enufMadison-based radio station WTDY - Some Layoffs
Sorry about editing your post, but I didn't want to include all your propaganda in my reply. I'm not sure with which name you were trying to insult me when you call me "igmo". I've been out of grde school for quite a while, so I generally refrain from the name calling. I'll try to pay attention to your posts, but really, they're pretty mundane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's 'unlimited' wealth may not be enough to... 11 min Chilli J 90
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 11 min ImFree2Choose 822
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 20 min Mikey 6,655
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 40 min KIP 301
News Obama blamed for immigration influx (Jul '14) 42 min nanoanomaly 196
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 31
News The Latest: Obama: Mexican Americans help shape US 1 hr davy 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr jimmy krack korn 141,589
More from around the web