The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 1,621)

Showing posts 32,401 - 32,420 of239,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Bogie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Obama's elitist comment about middle-class Americans "clinging to their guns and their religion".
I was a Clinton supporter in 2008 and I have had more than a few unkind things to say about that comment.

The thing is, when Romney made his 47% comment he said that these were people that he wasn't even going to try and reach.

Obama was making the case that the people he was talking about were people that he needed to reach out to and talk to and convince them that he had their best interest at heart too.

There is a world of difference in those two perspectives.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Y-Chromosome Girl, I have only presented FACTS that you refuse to read from YOUR rag, the Puffington Host and USAToday.
Those are FACTS.
Something you are unable to recognize.
You are welcome to come try and "shut me up" any time you want.
I don't go anywhere and I don't yield to people like you who desperately cling to government to solve your every problem as long as someone else pays for it.
For instance:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinton-beng...
"Lima, Peru (CNN)-- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday tried to douse a political firestorm over the deadly assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, saying she's responsible for the security of American diplomatic outposts.
"I take responsibility," Clinton said during a visit to Peru. "I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."
But she said an investigation now under way will ultimately determine what happened at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, where Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed on September 11."
I am sure YOU and other moronic liberals will believe ANYTHING a Clinton says ("I did not have sex with that woman")but then you have to ask yourself why would the President of the United States NOT know that an American Embassy is under fire.
So, either ABJECT FAILURE Obama was ignorant or is lying. Like all liberals.
Which is it?
Shut you up? lol

I like that people like you post. You do more harm to your cause than good.

Please continue. ;)

How'd you like that top then conservative sex scandals?

Pretty interesting stuff. ;)

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama was seven years old, Romney was hiding in France pretending to be church clergy so he could avoid being drafted and sent to Vietnam.
Romney is fake. His hair is fake...his teeth are fake...his tan is fake...his words are fake. Romney is a total fake.
Reelect Obama!
Obama is a fake!

Unseal ALL the records!
US happy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Why is not ok to use word God, but try to say anything against Allah, Mr. president Obama?

Obama's CHANGE shortchanged America and a Christianity ...some of us like OLD way America back...

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Alienating a Generation wrote:
Obama takes kids' questions; Romney declines
http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/08/ob...
The Romney campaign refused to comment on its decision beyond saying it was unable to fit it into the candidate's schedule.
Both Obama and Sen. John McCain participated in the Nickelodeon 2008 kids special. Neither Sen. John Kerry nor President George W. Bush did an interview for it in 2004.
I think it's because Romney's a draft dodger....

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Bogie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you drank ALL the Dems koolaid! Our bankruptcy will destroy those programs you mention and a lot worse. The Republicans are trying to save those things by preventing a fiscal disaster. You have been watching Europe I assume? We are in worse shape than Greece by a long shot. Wake up and smell the coffee. Obama hasn't even got a clue. Do you have any idea how much money $17 trillion is? I don't think you do.
The United States is not going bankrupt and we are not in worse shape than Greece.

We have more than enough problems and our politicians need to get their act together or step aside, but what's with all the histrionics?

“laissez les bons temps rouler!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

¿Como quieres los huevos?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Bogie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Obama's elitist comment about middle-class Americans "clinging to their guns and their religion".
This is what he said:

"But the truth is that our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's no evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, Ohio—like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years, and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration and the Bush administration. And each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are going to regenerate. And they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, and they cling to guns or religion, or antipathy toward people who aren't like them, or anti-immigrant sentiment, or, you know, anti-trade sentiment [as] a way to explain their frustrations.

"Now, these are in some communities. You know, I think what you'll find is that people of every background—there are going to be a mix of people. You can go in the toughest neighborhood, you know, working-class lunch-pail folks, and you'll find Obama enthusiasts. And you can go into places where you’d think that I'd be very strong, and people will just be skeptical. The important thing is that you show up and you're doing what you're doing." (Obama Apr. 2008)
~~~~~~~~~~

He was right when he said it. He won 7 months later and ended picking up both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

How 'bout that? Your crap didn't stick 4 years ago - it won't stick today. Good luck, peckerhead!

Level 7

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither obama or biden are role models.
Both showed much disrepect in their debates. obama had sneered at Romney and gave a few gang banger looks at him. His only saving grace, was he didn't make a peep..
But biden's disrespectful, ill mannered behavior, has already cost him the respect of many who have always been unbiased towards him and as well as those who have been biased about him..
Anyhow, we do not need their kind of disrespect being used as a role model for kids to look up to.. As it is, we already have too much disrespect in our communities, ghettos and hoods...
I agree.

The hood folks will not have the collective energy to make it to the polls without getting something for the effort. Libs in general have made up their collective minds to vote Obama because they want a "celebrity" in office. That is sad and weak and it's based on denial. Obama has no record of success and doesn't deserve another term. Obama simply has got to go.

“I hate Francis”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

I want a recount!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

US happy wrote:
Why Obama don't ever talk about, God, Jesus, or a cross, but everywhere else, he always defends Islam, Mouhamed and Allah?
Come to church, my son.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

US happy wrote:
Why is not ok to use word God, but try to say anything against Allah, Mr. president Obama?
Obama's CHANGE shortchanged America and a Christianity ...some of us like OLD way America back...
I'm sure "some" do...especially the kkk....the Koch Brothers...David lane...The white nationalists......

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Bogie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you drank ALL the Dems koolaid! Our bankruptcy will destroy those programs you mention and a lot worse. The Republicans are trying to save those things by preventing a fiscal disaster. You have been watching Europe I assume? We are in worse shape than Greece by a long shot. Wake up and smell the coffee. Obama hasn't even got a clue. Do you have any idea how much money $17 trillion is? I don't think you do.
I don't like their plan. This is not the time to reduce taxes. Not in my mind. 65 years of history informs us that trickle down econmics doesn't work. I want the Bush tax cuts to expire for the wealthiest. No need to give them more. If we take away any, it won't matter, because they're already increasing their wealth and distance between themselves and every other income group in America, creating the kind of disparity that will literally cripple a democratic form of governance. Enough already. No way. Just say H*ll no! They've had the benefit, and now it's time to slow the gap and let the middle class B-R-E-A-T-H-E. I don't want to deregulate financial institutions. Sorry, but they've already demonstrated how they can screw up the economy about as bad as it has ever been screwed up since we've been a Republic.

I don't want to hurt little children, the disabled and old folks so that some defense contractor makes out like a bandit. Rather than leveraging their ways to wealth and privatized profit at public expense, I'd like entrepreneurs to get back to the business of CREATING something tangible, something that advances humanity, the earth, the quality of life instead of parking it in a bank offshore, creating some garish and opulent retreat, etc. while raping the land and its' people, the progeny of the men and women who risked all for freedom. They're not corralling me or starving my people out if I have any voice left.

I came here because the reality is that 35 million of my fellow Americans don't even have a GED. They labor for their wages, and they have the same dreams my parents instilled in me - to make their lives better. They are the reason I oppose illegal labor competition.

I feel pretty much the same way about why I oppose Mitt Romney. I know LBO guys and the way they think. They don't give a ratz' azz about sharing even a tiny sliver of the pie with you. It's all about them. I don't want one of those guys running this country. So, I only have one choice. Let Obama continue and hope an inspirational leader of vision comes on the scene by 2016.

Barack Obama has tried to keep his promises in spite of the most unhelpful intransigent Congress in memory. I have no reason to believe he will not continue to move toward accomplishing his objectives, and I think he will do more in the next term.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut you up? lol
I like that people like you post. You do more harm to your cause than good.
Please continue. ;)
How'd you like that top then conservative sex scandals?
Pretty interesting stuff. ;)
What is a "conservative sex scandal"?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
CNS News?
Pffftt!!!
Does this change the fact that the information is coming from CBO and obama's OMB's OWN NUMBERS?

NOPE!!! So pfft that in your pipe and smoke it!

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Clinton supporter in 2008 and I have had more than a few unkind things to say about that comment.
The thing is, when Romney made his 47% comment he said that these were people that he wasn't even going to try and reach.
Obama was making the case that the people he was talking about were people that he needed to reach out to and talk to and convince them that he had their best interest at heart too.
There is a world of difference in those two perspectives.
You don't know yourself!

Romney speaks rightly of a SMART business decision. As there are 2 - 3 entitlement liberals out of ever 10 Americans, why waste time trying to reach them?

That is like trying to get you and other liberals to see logic and common sense. It is a waste of time and money.

Some people that receive entitlements are NOT entitlement liberals, they are people that temporarily need them or have earned them (like Social Security or Medicare). These would be those "swing voters" you might have read about, if you read anything other than the crap NTR puts out there.

Let's see how well your mind can comprehend spme background and then a concept:

http://www.pogo.org/pogo-files/reports/contra...

(also, notice the date on the article)

"Bad Business: Billions of Taxpayer Dollars Wasted on Hiring Contractors
September 13, 2011

Service contract award dollars have dramatically increased in recent years based on the assumption that shifting work to the private sector saves taxpayer dollars. POGO’s report compares total annual compensation for federal and private sector employees with federal contractor billing rates in order to determine whether the current costs of federal service contracting serves the public interest. Previous analyses have only focused on employee salaries and compensation and not federal contractor billing rates. POGO’s study shows that the federal government approves service contract billing rates that, on average, pay contractors 1.83 times more than the government pays federal employees in total compensation, and more than 2 times the full compensation paid in the private sector for comparable services. Given that one-quarter of all discretionary spending now goes to service contractors, a reassessment of the total federal work force, with a focus on contractor billing rates, could save taxpayers billions of dollars annually."

From the CBO itself:

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...

In fiscal year 2011, the government spent roughly
$200 billion to compensate federal civilian employees—
about $80 billion for civilian personnel working in the
Department of Defense or on defense-related activities
in other departments, and about $120 billion for nondefense personnel, the majority of whom work in the
Departments of Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security,
Justice, the Treasury, and Agriculture. Federal employees
typically receive periodic increases in their wages on the
basis of performance, longevity, and changes in the cost
of living. In 2010, however, lawmakers eliminated
cost-of-living raises for most federal civilian workers in
calendar years 2011 and 2012."

So, the USA spends approx 400 BILLION a year on government employee compensation.

But, my question is this:

If those employees are paid out of tax dollars, which they are, and taxes are taken out of their checks and counted as NEW TAX REVENUE, does it make sense to you that we dig ourselves into a fiscal hole every government pay day?

Is this really the direction you want to keep going?

And what about our Congress, comprised essentially of the two major parties which have emptied the coffers of Social Security and Medicare and left a pile of IOU's?

Are these the kind of "leaders" you endorse?
Rock Gated Community Vote

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
The hood folks will not have the collective energy to make it to the polls without getting something for the effort. Libs in general have made up their collective minds to vote Obama because they want a "celebrity" in office. That is sad and weak and it's based on denial. Obama has no record of success and doesn't deserve another term. Obama simply has got to go.
While both President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney spoke out about a search for answers amid the media storm that followed the Trayvon Martin shooting - which took place in a key battleground state - the silence since has been notable.

Election silence over Trayvon Martin and America's guns
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-199...

Level 9

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama the ABJECT FAILURE and his flying blue monkeys like Pelosi:
"As the AARP made clear, the Republican proposal risks "simply increasing costs for beneficiaries while removing Medicare's promise of secure health coverage -- a guarantee that future seniors have contributed to through a lifetime of hard work."
AARP's words echo those of President Lyndon Johnson's on the day he signed the Medicare bill: "No longer will older Americans be denied the healing miracle of modern medicine. No longer will illness crush and destroy the savings that they have so carefully put away over a lifetime so that they might enjoy dignity in their later years. No longer will young families see their own incomes, and their own hopes, eaten away simply because they are carrying out their deep moral obligations to their parents, and to their uncles, and their aunts. And no longer will this nation refuse the hand of justice to those who have given a lifetime of service and wisdom and labor to the progress of this progressive country.""
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/opinion/pelosi-...
Yes, Obama, the liberal AARP and President Lyndon Johnson, architect of "The Great Society", are in alignment.
If you believe Nanci "we have to pass it to see what is in it" Pelosi, well, I have a bridge to sell you!
But you have already bought the rainbow and unicorn Obama bridge!
Whaaaa!!!!!
Whaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Whine Department - Second Window

Get a psychiatrist, Mr Nipples.

Level 9

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Hark the Herald Examiner wrote:
<quoted text>
"More than 2,000 years ago, a child was born to two faithful travelers who could find rest only in a stable, among the cattle and the sheep. But this was not just any child. Christ's birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar. He was a manifestation of God's love for us.
"And he grew up to become a leader with a servant's heart who taught us a message as simple as it is powerful: that we should love God, and love our neighbor as ourselves. That teaching has come to encircle the globe. No matter who we are, or where we come from, or how we worship, it's a message that can unite all of us on this holiday season."
5 Most Religious Quotes By Obama
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/obam...
ROTFFLMFAO!!!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because Romney's a draft dodger....
And Obama? I think he's ineligible on many counts and he's PROVEN to NOT be qualified to lead this country.

I want the "draft dodger" to be our next president and I'm not talking about Obama. Romney has a record of success he can run on.

Obama forged his selective service card the same as he has used false documents to cover his seedy past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama is a fraud and a serial liar. Even YOU don't know who he is, fool.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is not going bankrupt and we are not in worse shape than Greece.
We have more than enough problems and our politicians need to get their act together or step aside, but what's with all the histrionics?
What it is the debt/GDP ratio? 100%+ AND COUNTING. What happens when the money you owe exceeds the money you produce? What happens under those circumstance for an individual? You seem fairly intelligent so I think you can figure out where your statement is incorrect.

Level 9

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a fake!
Unseal ALL the records!
Unseal all of Mutt's records. How'bout it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,401 - 32,420 of239,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••