The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409180 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#33067 Oct 5, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this Media Bias Hack for B.O.?
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/13/chri...
What say you?
His gerbil had gotten loose and was heading for "home".

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33068 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
any white person who votes for BO is an imbecile.
"Rednecks for Obama" page creates controversy

LEE COUNTY -
Race and politics are two topics many people try to avoid. But controversy isn't stopping one Cape Coral teenager. It's just how he's getting his point across that got our attention!

For many people, just seeing the Confederate Flag can stir up some very strong emotions. And seeing President Barack Obama's picture next to that flag is something you might not expect to see.

Now though, the juxtaposition is part of a political message is part of a 16-year-old Ryan Turner's political message.

Ryan says he has the heart of a redneck.

"It's someone who's not afraid to get down and dirty for their money - someone who's not afraid to work hard wipe the sweat off their brow," he said.

"May use a little foul language once in a while but they're not bad people," added his uncle, Tony Turner.

Ryan explained his uncle Tony has been a big part of his life – especially since his father died of cancer 10-years ago.

"If he had good health insurance it would be totally curable - prostate cancer," Ryan said.

And it's that idea - healthcare reform - that steered Ryan toward one candidate.

"Oh, definitely President Obama," he said.

He even started a 'Rednecks for Obama' Facebook page.

"We're rednecks, but we're not racists," he said.

The premise is not exactly original. We found similar groups formed the last time Obama ran for president.

Ryan says where some see a symbol of hate in the Confederate Flag, he sees history.

"It's very, very likely my family fought in the Confederate Army," Ryan said.

"When I grew up in Plant City, Florida, they were still fighting the Civil War," Tony added.

It shouldn't be surprising to hear Ryan and his Uncle Tony to talk about southern heritage. After all, they live in Lee County, Florida - place named after confederate general Robert E. Lee.

When Lee County democrats opened up their new headquarters on Saturday, Ryan brought his own decoration - America's first black president conjoined with the Confederacy.

Moments later party leaders asked Ryan to take it down.

"If somebody is offended by it, I can understand it because they're only seeing one half of the flag," Tony said.

James Muwakkil, President of Lee County's NAACP, says he doesn't mind the Confederate Flag next to President Obama.

"Not if the intention is positive," he said. "For us to be here in the Deep South, and to see whites embracing an African-American man - we love it."

"The reason for the group is to prove not all southerners are racist," Ryan explained.

Lee County democratic leaders canceled our interview for Thursday.

We reached out to the Obama campaign to find out if they endorse Rednecks for Obama. They welcome the support, but did not want to comment on whether they support the use of the Confederate Flag next to the president.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/19240739/rednecks-...
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33070 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews seem to have a problem with intermarriage as well, especially the women. I've never heard of a jewish woman marrying a black man. Likely why Prince could never get that little cutie from the Bangles. And he was half white.
You never see it because you probably live in the backwoods of some inbreeding community where the only people you see are your cousins sisters and brothers.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33071 Oct 5, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Obama did not act the leader and do the things this country needed to get back on its feet. Instead he tried working with congress who was adamant that nothing would pass. They like and support the status quo. That is why they put those laws in place. It takes all the money from the workers and gives it to the idle rich. They don't want anything to change.
It is always laughable when I see die hard republicans trying their best to hate Obama when Obama gives them everything they ever wanted. Look at how he took the most right wing fanatic health care plan, straight from the heritage foundation and got it passed for the GOP even though not a single one voted for it.(I know you said you were not a republican, but you appear to hit all their talking points.)
If you wanted change, you certainly would not be supporting Romney who wants to continue trying trickle down and will keep it in place till there is no middle class (the GOP is almost there).
How does Romney's plans for ending Social Security, ending Medicare, Medicaid, eliminating welfare for people but keeping it for corporations, demanding the middle class give up more and more money, endless wars against whomever he can think to attack, and more make this a better country? It increases the deficit, makes government much much larger, and worsens prospects for 99.99% of all Americans. Soon the rich will wake up that the super rich have the upper hand and will be extracting their wealth as well, but the middle class won't be there to help. They won't have anything left.
That's what I'm talkin''bout! Amen. See, you may not be FOR Obama, but surely you must take a stand AGAINST Mitt Romney? Well, at least I hope you realize things could definitely get worse. It's amazing how many posters on this thread are oblivious to what the outcome would be. I saw let's make 2016 one heck of a show, and by then somebody, somewhere, somehow, should have developed a plan to save us. ;-) Let's keep sloshing forward instead of slip-sliding away.

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33072 Oct 5, 2012
Rico the Gingerbread Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It all began when Fox News destroyed journalism by going to court and winning a case where they argued that they have the right to lie to you.
And based upon your reliance of Fox News... you are one of the most misinformed people on Topix.
Haven't you noticed how every time you post a link... it's watered down to pure bullshit the majority of the time?
But hey... if that's what give you a hard on... carry on!!!
It wasn't Fox news channel pendejo, tell the truth.

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33073 Oct 5, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
Unemployment rates plummets dramatically...
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/...
Obama's plan seems to be producing dramatic positive results at a rapidly accelerating pace.
Stay the course?
Hilarious, altho i agree if by dramatic you mean anemic. And clearly you must.

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33074 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Imagine that, Warren Buffet played strong arm and stopped the Keystone pipeline because he wanted to be the one to move the oil.
Now how is that Free Market Enterprise ploy Obama's fault?
What's ironic here is that people like you want to stop government spending yet you want the government to spend money on a private company all due to a mythological belief that it will create 20,000 jobs.
This is a manifest proof that Republicans are retarded.
Your post is proof you're retarded.
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33075 Oct 5, 2012
PBS CEO Paula Kerger: Mitt Romney's Debate Attack Was 'Stunning'(VIDEO)

The CEO of PBS fired back at Mitt Romney Thursday, saying that it was "stunning" that the Republican candidate had singled her network out in Wednesday's debate.

Romney had one of his most memorable moments when he vowed to cut the federal subsidy to public broadcasting.

"I'm sorry Jim, I'm gonna stop the subsidy to PBS," he told moderator Jim Lehrer, who has worked for PBS since the 1970s. "I like PBS, I love Big Bird, I actually like you too, but I'm going to stop borrowing money from China to pay for things we don't need."

PBS chief Paula Kerger spoke to CNN's Carol Costello on Thursday, and didn't mince words in her response to Romney.

"With the enormous problems facing our country, the fact that we are the focus is just unbelievable to me," she said. Later, she called it a "stunning moment."

Noting that the debate touched on education, she called PBS "America's biggest classroom," adding, "This is not about the budget. It has to be about politics."

Kerger also fact-checked Romney -- who she has tussled with before -- pointing out that PBS doesn't get any direct money from the government.

"In fact, the money that comes from the government into the Corporation for Public Broadcasting goes to our member stations," she said.

Curiously, Kerger declined to praise or defend Lehrer, who has been tarred and feathered for his moderating.

"It was a very complicated debate structure," she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/pbs-...

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33076 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
You never see it because you probably live in the backwoods of some inbreeding community where the only people you see are your cousins sisters and brothers.
Name some or shut your filthy, greasy burrito stuffing mouth.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33077 Oct 5, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a worldwide market but I just can't see the oil companies shipping our oil out at the same time we are importing.. Shipping those tankers is not cheap..
Eagle
It is estimated that about 10% of U.S. domestic oil is sold offshore. That's as of 2008. But, the Keystone pipe line is forecast to increase the cost of gasoline in the Midwest:

Keystone XL Will Increase Gas Prices: Explained
George Zornick on May 22, 2012 - 2:10 PM ET

http://www.thenation.com/blog/168011/keystone... #

Proponents of the Keystone XL pipeline have two central arguments: that the project will create jobs and lower gas prices. That would make it a wonderful undertaking—if either claim were true. On the jobs front, the Cornell Global Labor Institute estimates the project would create only 2,500 to 4,650 short-term construction jobs—not the “hundreds of thousands” of jobs claimed by House Speaker John Boehner. And as we’ve noted, Keystone XL will ultimately raise gasoline prices in the United States. While Boehner has said,“We want lower gas prices for the American people” by completing the project, that simply isn’t the case.(cont.)

(explanation at the link:)

sage won

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33078 Oct 5, 2012
Miss Chevious wrote:
Why does President Sotero wish to run on Bill Clinton's economy
Doesnt he have one of his own?
this one:

23 million unemployed
47 million on food stamps
gas prices doubled
the Fed churning out trillions to prop up Wall Street and his controllers.

“Natural selection created apes”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#33079 Oct 5, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
And, what have those estimated 758k registered voters been doing with their time since the last election? It couldn't possibly take 2 years to get to a place that issues ID's. Pennsylvania is not that rural.
You ask too many questions than can easily be answered if you cared enough about the accuracy of the assumptions you make.

It hasn't taken anybody two years to get voter's ID in the Commonwealth. Act 18 was passed on March 14 of "this" year by the Republican legislature and signed by a Republican governor that were fully aware that PENNDOT (the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation - the agency in charge of issuing the IDs) could not possibly handle the additional burden of making 758,000 ID in 7 months. They knew that PENNDOTs normal rate of production is roughly 10,000 to 12,000 ID per month.

Not having a "single" example of voter impersonation to support their claim for the need of the ID law, it was pretty clear from the beginning that this was a political move to keep 785,000 from voting.
ima

El Paso, TX

#33080 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
WRONG... Romney has made it clear to his 1% audience that he'll raise taxes on the poor & middle class and cut taxes on the rich. It's trickle down economics all over again and even Paul Ryan under pressure admits that Romney's plan is nothing more than failed trickle down economics.
Paul Ryan Cracks Under Pressure and Admits Romney’s Tax Plan is Trickle Down
http://www.politicususa.com/paul-ryan-cracks-...
So now we've had 15 yrs of Bush tax cuts for the rich and the constant mantra by Republicans disseminating "trickle down economics" work, in spite of the stock market being up, along with corporate profits being high....
Yet unemployment is still high.
You mean that money is staying at the top and not trickling down?
Think about this before telling me whose policies are failing.
THE ONLY FAILURE HERE IS YOURS, rico. With every post backing up obama you fail to gain those votes! YOU'RE FIRED!!!

“Natural selection created apes”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#33081 Oct 5, 2012
By the way.., Ms. Applewhite's lawsuit against the Commonwealth was not filed 2 years ago either. It was filed in August of "this" year.
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33082 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Fox news channel pendejo, tell the truth.
In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/ar...
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33083 Oct 5, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> THE ONLY FAILURE HERE IS YOURS, rico. With every post backing up obama you fail to gain those votes! YOU'RE FIRED!!!
Have you seen the polls lately where Obama is in the lead?

Mitt Romney built that.
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33084 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
this one:
23 million unemployed
47 million on food stamps
gas prices doubled
the Fed churning out trillions to prop up Wall Street and his controllers.
That's why we should not allow Mitt Romney to become President. What got us into the mess above is Bush era policies and Romney wants to go back to that fail.
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33087 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is proof you're retarded.
What's really funny is that what I said is off a link that your Romneybots posted earlier in the day.

A year after the election of Obama, Warren Buffett bought a giant railroad, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe. The BNSF has more than 32,000 miles of track and right-of-way in this nation, running from the west coast and through the agricultural heartland of America. It is also hauls coal from the mines in Montana and Wyoming and is the railroad with the best existing north-south infrastructure. In fact, it's quite well-situated to perform precisely the task for which TransCanada has proposed to build a pipeline.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/thank_...
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33088 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Name some or shut your filthy, greasy burrito stuffing mouth.
Do you feel weird when you make out with your sister?
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33089 Oct 5, 2012
The job numbers came out today, and they showed that the unemployment rate dropped to 7.8%. This got the radicals on the right all twisted and spouting absurd conspiracy theories that the BLS (Bureau Of Labor And Statistics) is conspiring to bring down the job numbers to get President Obama re-elected.

The problem for Republicans is that these numbers don’t help their prospects of getting elected, or support their argument. It’s pathetic really. When you think about it, the right is cheering on and hoping for bad numbers in order to increase their chances of winning elections.

The Right Wing Conspiracy Theorists Who Attack Job Numbers Are Pathetic
http://www.politicususa.com/wing-conspiracy-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 18 min President Donald ... 17,838
News Cubans sold everything to reach U.S., now hundr... 38 min dave 10
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 1 hr X Crypsis X 289
News 'Beautiful Wall' a Tough Task Patchy border bar... 1 hr SANDRA 4
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Born USA 14,855
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr J ValJean 144,063
News Latinos who voted for Trump look toward Inaugur... 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
More from around the web