The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“life under BO”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#33057 Oct 5, 2012
Lakesuckless1961 wrote:
A vote for BO is a vote flushed.
any white person who votes for BO is an imbecile.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33058 Oct 5, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so where is the lie at?
Sorry, this forum doesn't allow for text to speech conversion. It is obvious that you can only look at pictures because you didn't(or couldn't) READ my post. Maybe call your literate neighbor over so they can read it to you.
Mass attack

Rumford, RI

#33059 Oct 5, 2012
Miss Chevious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey leper, I have a highly advanced mastery of the engish language plus I am good in the bed.
14/88
You had me at "good in bed".

Love,

Leper

PS - Actually, even your "finance" will be pleased about that one!

PSS - Ok, well... it would be better if your were just "good" at the English language and but had attained a "highly advanced mastery" in bed. But that's a minor point.(A girl who just shows up in bed is considered to have "advanced mastery" by most guys anyway.)
Erica71

Franklin, TN

#33060 Oct 5, 2012
I see on my page here that a post had been removed....can the individual remove a post...or is topix doing that?

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33061 Oct 5, 2012
Cooked Books wrote:
this morning the purported unemployment figure is 7.8% Talk about cooking the books!
Brokeback Barry hasn't fixed anything:

This “official unemployment rate” has been manipulated throughout the years. The current version does not include discouraged workers (those who stop looking for work, or no longer can qualify for unemployment benefits) and the underemployed (those who take part-time jobs just to get by).

Rep. Duncan D. Hunter, R-Calif., stated in The Washington Times,“The official unemployment rate treats this subset of Americans, totaling as many as 88 million people, as if they just vanished ... call it what it is, an accounting gimmick.”

So What Is the Real Number That Obama Would Prefer You Don’t See?

The real unemployment rate is an eye-opening 22.3%, according to John Williams with Shadow Government Statistics ... nearly triple the “official unemployment rate.”

But as alarming as this number is, certain experts — like Dick Morris, John Bolton, Lou Dobbs, Newt Gingrich, and Larry Kudlow — believe our economic situation could get much, MUCH worse.

Read more: Jobless rate is inaccurate as Obama Plays a Numbers Game

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33062 Oct 5, 2012
"Inside Job" does a brilliant job of exposing the criminals of Wall street and in the federal government, despite BO's lofty words and platitudes he has done zero to hold any of them accountable. Why not?

AS tub of guts Michael Moore said" wall street has it's man and his name is Barack Obama".

However I will posit forever that with no CRA, with no government coercion, with no ACORN, with no Barack Obama, with no Frank and Dodd, there never could have been a derivative market and credit default swaps and therefore no financial crisis in the mortgage industry or on Wall Street..
Bull Conner

Canyon Country, CA

#33063 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
That's telling em' Boy!

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33064 Oct 5, 2012
Erica71 wrote:
"If you want to be president you owe the American people the truth."
Obama said this in Denver after the debate...I guess the same rule doesn't apply to him.
Obama's entire life is one long, continuous lie. 38 in one book alone.

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33065 Oct 5, 2012
Faux News wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Race Is Still a Problem for Mormons
“I BELIEVE that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people,” sings Elder Kevin Price in the Broadway musical “The Book of Mormon.” The line is meant to be funny, and it is — in part because it’s true.
In a June 1978 letter, the first presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints proclaimed that “all worthy male members of the Church may be ordained to the priesthood without regard for race or color.” Men of African descent could now hold the priesthood, the power and authority exercised by all male members of the church in good standing. Such a statement was necessary, because until then, blacks were relegated to a very second-class status within the church.
The revelation may have lifted the ban, but it neither repudiated it nor apologized for it.“It doesn’t make a particle of difference,” proclaimed the Mormon apostle Bruce R. McConkie a few months later,“what anybody ever said about the Negro matter before the first day of June of this year, 1978.”
Mr. McConkie meant such words to encourage Mormons to embrace the new revelation, and he may have solemnly believed that it made the history of the priesthood ban irrelevant. But to many others around the country, statements of former church leaders about “the Negro matter” do, in fact, matter a great deal.
They cause pain to church members of African descent, provide cover for repugnant views and make the church an easy target for criticism and satire. The church would benefit itself and its members — and one member in particular, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee — by formally repudiating the priesthood ban and the racist theories that accompanied it.
Mormonism wasn’t always troubled by anti-black racism. In a country deeply stained by slavery and anti-black racism, the church, founded by Joseph Smith in 1830, was noteworthy for its relative racial egalitarianism. Smith episodically opposed slavery and tolerated the priesthood ordination of black men, at least one of whom, Elijah Abel, occupied a position of minor authority.
It was Smith’s successor, Brigham Young, who adopted the policies that now haunt the church. He described black people as cursed with dark skin as punishment for Cain’s murder of his brother.“Any man having one drop of the seed of Cane in him cannot hold the priesthood,” he declared in 1852. Young deemed black-white intermarriage so sinful that he suggested that a man could atone for it only by having “his head cut off” and spilling “his blood upon the ground.” Other Mormon leaders convinced themselves that the pre-existent spirits of black people had sinned in heaven by supporting Lucifer in his rebellion against God.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/opinion/sun...
Jews seem to have a problem with intermarriage as well, especially the women. I've never heard of a jewish woman marrying a black man. Likely why Prince could never get that little cutie from the Bangles. And he was half white.

“Extremely me”

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33066 Oct 5, 2012
Miss Chevious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey leper, I have a highly advanced mastery of the engish language plus I am good in the bed.
14/88
"engish"?

What language is that?

It's spelled English and it should be capitalized.

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33067 Oct 5, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this Media Bias Hack for B.O.?
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/13/chri...
What say you?
His gerbil had gotten loose and was heading for "home".

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33068 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rednecks for Obama" page creates controversy

LEE COUNTY -
Race and politics are two topics many people try to avoid. But controversy isn't stopping one Cape Coral teenager. It's just how he's getting his point across that got our attention!

For many people, just seeing the Confederate Flag can stir up some very strong emotions. And seeing President Barack Obama's picture next to that flag is something you might not expect to see.

Now though, the juxtaposition is part of a political message is part of a 16-year-old Ryan Turner's political message.

Ryan says he has the heart of a redneck.

"It's someone who's not afraid to get down and dirty for their money - someone who's not afraid to work hard wipe the sweat off their brow," he said.

"May use a little foul language once in a while but they're not bad people," added his uncle, Tony Turner.

Ryan explained his uncle Tony has been a big part of his life – especially since his father died of cancer 10-years ago.

"If he had good health insurance it would be totally curable - prostate cancer," Ryan said.

And it's that idea - healthcare reform - that steered Ryan toward one candidate.

"Oh, definitely President Obama," he said.

He even started a 'Rednecks for Obama' Facebook page.

"We're rednecks, but we're not racists," he said.

The premise is not exactly original. We found similar groups formed the last time Obama ran for president.

Ryan says where some see a symbol of hate in the Confederate Flag, he sees history.

"It's very, very likely my family fought in the Confederate Army," Ryan said.

"When I grew up in Plant City, Florida, they were still fighting the Civil War," Tony added.

It shouldn't be surprising to hear Ryan and his Uncle Tony to talk about southern heritage. After all, they live in Lee County, Florida - place named after confederate general Robert E. Lee.

When Lee County democrats opened up their new headquarters on Saturday, Ryan brought his own decoration - America's first black president conjoined with the Confederacy.

Moments later party leaders asked Ryan to take it down.

"If somebody is offended by it, I can understand it because they're only seeing one half of the flag," Tony said.

James Muwakkil, President of Lee County's NAACP, says he doesn't mind the Confederate Flag next to President Obama.

"Not if the intention is positive," he said. "For us to be here in the Deep South, and to see whites embracing an African-American man - we love it."

"The reason for the group is to prove not all southerners are racist," Ryan explained.

Lee County democratic leaders canceled our interview for Thursday.

We reached out to the Obama campaign to find out if they endorse Rednecks for Obama. They welcome the support, but did not want to comment on whether they support the use of the Confederate Flag next to the president.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/19240739/rednecks-...
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33070 Oct 5, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews seem to have a problem with intermarriage as well, especially the women. I've never heard of a jewish woman marrying a black man. Likely why Prince could never get that little cutie from the Bangles. And he was half white.
You never see it because you probably live in the backwoods of some inbreeding community where the only people you see are your cousins sisters and brothers.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33071 Oct 5, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Obama did not act the leader and do the things this country needed to get back on its feet. Instead he tried working with congress who was adamant that nothing would pass. They like and support the status quo. That is why they put those laws in place. It takes all the money from the workers and gives it to the idle rich. They don't want anything to change.
It is always laughable when I see die hard republicans trying their best to hate Obama when Obama gives them everything they ever wanted. Look at how he took the most right wing fanatic health care plan, straight from the heritage foundation and got it passed for the GOP even though not a single one voted for it.(I know you said you were not a republican, but you appear to hit all their talking points.)
If you wanted change, you certainly would not be supporting Romney who wants to continue trying trickle down and will keep it in place till there is no middle class (the GOP is almost there).
How does Romney's plans for ending Social Security, ending Medicare, Medicaid, eliminating welfare for people but keeping it for corporations, demanding the middle class give up more and more money, endless wars against whomever he can think to attack, and more make this a better country? It increases the deficit, makes government much much larger, and worsens prospects for 99.99% of all Americans. Soon the rich will wake up that the super rich have the upper hand and will be extracting their wealth as well, but the middle class won't be there to help. They won't have anything left.
That's what I'm talkin''bout! Amen. See, you may not be FOR Obama, but surely you must take a stand AGAINST Mitt Romney? Well, at least I hope you realize things could definitely get worse. It's amazing how many posters on this thread are oblivious to what the outcome would be. I saw let's make 2016 one heck of a show, and by then somebody, somewhere, somehow, should have developed a plan to save us. ;-) Let's keep sloshing forward instead of slip-sliding away.

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33072 Oct 5, 2012
Rico the Gingerbread Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It all began when Fox News destroyed journalism by going to court and winning a case where they argued that they have the right to lie to you.
And based upon your reliance of Fox News... you are one of the most misinformed people on Topix.
Haven't you noticed how every time you post a link... it's watered down to pure bullshit the majority of the time?
But hey... if that's what give you a hard on... carry on!!!
It wasn't Fox news channel pendejo, tell the truth.

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33073 Oct 5, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
Unemployment rates plummets dramatically...
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/...
Obama's plan seems to be producing dramatic positive results at a rapidly accelerating pace.
Stay the course?
Hilarious, altho i agree if by dramatic you mean anemic. And clearly you must.

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33074 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Imagine that, Warren Buffet played strong arm and stopped the Keystone pipeline because he wanted to be the one to move the oil.
Now how is that Free Market Enterprise ploy Obama's fault?
What's ironic here is that people like you want to stop government spending yet you want the government to spend money on a private company all due to a mythological belief that it will create 20,000 jobs.
This is a manifest proof that Republicans are retarded.
Your post is proof you're retarded.
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Los Angeles, CA

#33075 Oct 5, 2012
PBS CEO Paula Kerger: Mitt Romney's Debate Attack Was 'Stunning'(VIDEO)

The CEO of PBS fired back at Mitt Romney Thursday, saying that it was "stunning" that the Republican candidate had singled her network out in Wednesday's debate.

Romney had one of his most memorable moments when he vowed to cut the federal subsidy to public broadcasting.

"I'm sorry Jim, I'm gonna stop the subsidy to PBS," he told moderator Jim Lehrer, who has worked for PBS since the 1970s. "I like PBS, I love Big Bird, I actually like you too, but I'm going to stop borrowing money from China to pay for things we don't need."

PBS chief Paula Kerger spoke to CNN's Carol Costello on Thursday, and didn't mince words in her response to Romney.

"With the enormous problems facing our country, the fact that we are the focus is just unbelievable to me," she said. Later, she called it a "stunning moment."

Noting that the debate touched on education, she called PBS "America's biggest classroom," adding, "This is not about the budget. It has to be about politics."

Kerger also fact-checked Romney -- who she has tussled with before -- pointing out that PBS doesn't get any direct money from the government.

"In fact, the money that comes from the government into the Corporation for Public Broadcasting goes to our member stations," she said.

Curiously, Kerger declined to praise or defend Lehrer, who has been tarred and feathered for his moderating.

"It was a very complicated debate structure," she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/pbs-...

“life under BO”

Level 1

buena vista

#33076 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
You never see it because you probably live in the backwoods of some inbreeding community where the only people you see are your cousins sisters and brothers.
Name some or shut your filthy, greasy burrito stuffing mouth.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33077 Oct 5, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a worldwide market but I just can't see the oil companies shipping our oil out at the same time we are importing.. Shipping those tankers is not cheap..
Eagle
It is estimated that about 10% of U.S. domestic oil is sold offshore. That's as of 2008. But, the Keystone pipe line is forecast to increase the cost of gasoline in the Midwest:

Keystone XL Will Increase Gas Prices: Explained
George Zornick on May 22, 2012 - 2:10 PM ET

http://www.thenation.com/blog/168011/keystone... #

Proponents of the Keystone XL pipeline have two central arguments: that the project will create jobs and lower gas prices. That would make it a wonderful undertaking—if either claim were true. On the jobs front, the Cornell Global Labor Institute estimates the project would create only 2,500 to 4,650 short-term construction jobs—not the “hundreds of thousands” of jobs claimed by House Speaker John Boehner. And as we’ve noted, Keystone XL will ultimately raise gasoline prices in the United States. While Boehner has said,“We want lower gas prices for the American people” by completing the project, that simply isn’t the case.(cont.)

(explanation at the link:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Hall County teens struggle to care for their ... 5 min wild child 5
News Democrats hearing wrong message on immigration 8 min wild child 2
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 18 min Memo From Turner 150
News Republicans back bill letting illegal immigrant... 18 min wild child 3
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr quetzalcoatl 137,956
Why Americans are starting to really hate mexic... (Oct '07) 1 hr mexicans over ame... 1,497
News 5Full transcript of President Obamaa s White Ho... 3 hr Who Guessed it 15
More from around the web