The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395341 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Coffee Party

Central Islip, NY

#301177 Sep 1, 2014
Truth be told the Middle East is Vietnam all over again.

From 1979-1989 , the Red Army took over Afghanistan in less than one week and spent the next 10 years fighting an internecine guerrilla war and lost with the second best military on earth.

Back then the Russian Generals said they did not know who the enemy were because the same people who cheered them in the daytime were the same people who stabbed them in the back at night.

History repeats.

==========

The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.
Harry S. Truman

----------

Iraq, 1917
http://tinyurl.com/raud8 / 17 June 2004
They came as liberators but were met by fierce resistance outside Baghdad. Humiliating treatment of prisoners and heavy-handed action in Najaf and Fallujah further alienated the local population. A planned handover of power proved unworkable. Britain's 1917 occupation of Iraq holds uncanny parallels with today - and if we want to know what will happen there next, we need only turn to our history books...
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301178 Sep 1, 2014
“I hate to say it, because, you know, I’m an American. I wanted the robust recovery. I wanted a more peaceful world. We don't have. He's failing. I certainly don’t think there’s much question about it. Things I suppose could turn around, but it's hard for me to imagine that the same policies which he seems hesitant to change, are going to bring anything but similar results going forward. So, I think we're looking at a failed presidency.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/19/me...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301179 Sep 1, 2014

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#301180 Sep 1, 2014
Vietnam--Started by LBJ.For his own profit and glory.After he had JFK killed.
Coffee Party wrote:
COINTELPRO
http://vault.fbi.gov/cointel-pro
COINTELPRO / http://tinyurl.com/kbwx2kj
COINTELPRO is an acronym for the FBI’s Counter Intelligence Program, which was used in the 1960s to monitor, manipulate and disrupt social movements in the United States. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., the Black Panthers and the American Indian Movement were among the program’s targets. Democracy Now! has extensively covered COINTELPRO and its aftermath, as well as similar tactics still used today against anti-war and animal rights activists./ http://www.democracynow.org/topics/cointelpro
COINTELPRO Again?
3.05.04 / http://tinyurl.com/9mchxdw
http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/cointelpro.ht...
==========
The Martin Luther King You Don't See on TV
It's become a TV ritual: Every year in mid-January, around the time of Martin Luther King's birthday,-------
Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence
Declaration of Independence from the War in Vietnam
Delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr April 4, 1967
April 4, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/3fxtop
At Manhattan’s Riverside Church
Over the past two years, as I have moved to break the betrayal of my own silences and to speak from the burnings of my own heart, as I have called for radical departures from the destruction of Vietnam, many persons have questioned me about the wisdom of my path. At the heart of their concerns this query has often loomed large and loud: Why are you speaking about the war, Dr. King? Why are you joining the voices of dissent? Peace and civil rights don’t mix, they say. Aren’t you hurting the cause of your people, they ask. And when I hear them, though I often understand the source of their concern, I am nevertheless greatly saddened, for such questions mean that the inquirers have not really known me, my commitment or my calling. Indeed, their questions suggest that they do not know the world in which they live. In the light of such tragic misunderstanding, I deem it of signal importance to try to state clearly why I believe that the path from Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, the church in Montgomery, Alabama, where I began my pastorate, leads clearly to this sanctuary tonight.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/04/0...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#301181 Sep 1, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've admitted I was wrong dozens of times on this thread alone. What else is a rational human being to do?
You've admitted to being wrong how many times now? Point made....
There's no reason to get all bent out of shape. We simply have a difference of opinion.
Can you show me an example that backs up your claim that Christ taught Christians that they were supposed to overthrow Rome (as you originally claimed)?
Yes or no?
i have admitted i was wrong on these pages many times, jax.

i already did, and it seems you got so many more while i was gone, you asked for when did jesus teach about a particular political doctrine and i gave you two.

St. Croix valley

#301182 Sep 1, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
Vietnam--Started by LBJ.For his own profit and glory.After he had JFK killed.<quoted text>
was that the beral LBJ or the conservative LBJ? did one of them have a goatee beard, ala Spock, so we could tell which universe we were in the good or the evil one?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301183 Sep 1, 2014
We live in the greatest nation in the world.

The founders of America established a system of government such as the world had never known before where Biblical principles formed a common thread.

But things have been changing in recent years under President Obama.

He seems he thinks it is unfair that the United States enjoys a higher standard of living than the rest of the world.

He apparently wants to “fundamentally change” the United States by reducing our economic and military superiority.

With President Obama, we live in a hidden welfare state which has grown to nearly a trillion dollars a year.

One hundred million Americans now receive benefits from at least one of 79 welfare programs.

As the public appetite for government entitlements has grown, so has the national debt and the size of the burden.

There has been a tremendous increase in public spending with accelerated shifting of the debt to future generations.

The America of history appears at times to be teetering on the brink of inward collapse.

We see special rights protecting homosexuality and radical feminism continues to undermine our once secure foundation.

The Bible is the ultimate blueprint for fiscal sanity.

There is still hope that this grand republic can carry on, but it will take men and women of courage and conviction to humble themselves, pray for America and then become active in restoring a Biblical standard to business, education, government and family life.

There is hope...... Even including the audacity of it.

St. Croix valley

#301184 Sep 1, 2014
positronium wrote:
The founders of America established a system of government such as the world had never known before where Biblical principles formed a common thread.
He seems he thinks it is unfair that the United States enjoys a higher standard of living than the rest of the world.
He apparently wants to “fundamentally change” the United States by reducing our economic and military superiority.
With President Obama, we live in a hidden welfare state which has grown to nearly a trillion dollars a year.
One hundred million Americans now receive benefits from at least one of 79 welfare programs.
As the public appetite for government entitlements has grown, so has the national debt and the size of the burden.
There has been a tremendous increase in public spending with accelerated shifting of the debt to future generations.
The America of history appears at times to be teetering on the brink of inward collapse.
We see special rights protecting homosexuality and radical feminism continues to undermine our once secure foundation.
There is still hope that this grand republic can carry on, but it will take men and women of courage and conviction to humble themselves, pray for America and then become active in restoring a Biblical standard to business, education, government and family life.
There is hope...... Even including the audacity of it.
our nation was not founded on biblical principles, dear. not even close.

why don't you know even the basics of your own nation?

(oh, and when you steal other's words you need to give them credit, even if it is from teh Ottumwa Iowa courrier! way to go radar o'reilly! what a theiving tool you are POShit...)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301185 Sep 1, 2014
Beauregard Dixon wrote:
I agree

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301186 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>our nation was not founded on biblical principles, dear. not even close.
why don't you know even the basics of your own nation?
(oh, and when you steal other's words you need to give them credit, even if it is from teh Ottumwa Iowa courrier! way to go radar o'reilly! what a theiving tool you are POShit...)
OH! You steal my words all of the time. I deserve credit too. Do you always discriminate? Slap, slap! What a fool you are. GROW UP!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#301187 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>our nation was not founded on biblical principles, dear. not even close.
Take that up with the author. The author will tell you to eat sh*t.

St. Croix valley

#301189 Sep 1, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>OH! You steal my words all of the time. I deserve credit too. Do you always discriminate? Slap, slap! What a fool you are. GROW UP!
yeah, as if! why would i steal the words of an idiot when mine work just fine?

show one time i stole your words?(can i just add this to your growing list of lies right now, dear?)

St. Croix valley

#301190 Sep 1, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Take that up with the author. The author will tell you to eat sh*t.
the author is as big of an idiot and as poor of a citizen as you. you reprinted it as your own, fool. thinking people wouldn't be able to tell a well worded post from one of your pieces of shit...
and then you freakin agreed with it!! kind of like when you clearly stated you didn't understand an article you posted and then were indignant enough in your ignorance to ask me who i am to tell you what you do and do not understand!!!

you really take the cake at making an ass of yourself POShit...

Location hidden

#301191 Sep 1, 2014
No.It was the one from Pangea who believed in God.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>was that the beral LBJ or the conservative LBJ? did one of them have a goatee beard, ala Spock, so we could tell which universe we were in the good or the evil one?
positronium

Rodman, NY

#301192 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, as if! why would i steal the words of an idiot when mine work just fine?
show one time i stole your words?(can i just add this to your growing list of lies right now, dear?)
Time can't be shown; only art shaped by it can be shown. That is its law. C 13:20
SMACK!

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#301193 Sep 1, 2014
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he's omnipotent and I doubt his "firm" is firm enough. LOL!
"uslessfail000"
And you do not have a "firm" to firm up.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Location hidden

#301194 Sep 1, 2014
http://www.cosmographicresearch.org/ice_age_f... Evidence of Flood.Now,a guy named Noah COULD have built a large boat(Ark,if you will),put all of his family and livestock aboard,and survived the flood.Can ANYONE prove he did not?(hehe).

Location hidden

#301195 Sep 1, 2014
Time is duration.Nobody can point to the direction of last week.Unless he had a time machine.
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Time can't be shown; only art shaped by it can be shown. That is its law. C 13:20
SMACK!

St. Croix valley

#301196 Sep 1, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Time can't be shown; only art shaped by it can be shown. That is its law. C 13:20
SMACK!
did i steal that from you? when?

St. Croix valley

#301197 Sep 1, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
No.It was the one from Pangea who believed in God.<quoted text>
so nothing on how LBJ or Clinton weren't liberals still? nothing at all? nothing about JFK not cutting taxes? not one thing?

so sad....so very sad for you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) 15 min Big Agribusiness 48
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 17 min Big Agribusiness 10,160
News Trump pledges to recognize Jerusalem as united ... 47 min Wildchild 1
News Trump Meets With Netanyahu to Discuss Israel's ... 48 min Wildchild 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Patriot 11,250
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 142,637
News Angelina Jolie slams Trump, warns against 'poli... 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
More from around the web