The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341392 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Coffee Party

Bay Shore, NY

#298886 Aug 24, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
I am still for a flat tax.13%.Across the board.<quoted text>
Flat tax is a gimmick.

One of our greatest Presidents 5 Star General Eisenhower had the wealthiest pay 91% in taxes that gave relief to all Americans.

I am sure you realize that during 8 years of Bush and Cheney, State and Local taxes went way up in most of our 50 States.

Truth be told BOTH corrupt parties use the tax code to benefit their friends.

That is why our tax code is over 76,000 pages.

==========

Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich- and Cheat Everyone Else
http://tinyurl.com/3ptn5qm / May 18, 2004
One of the country's top investigative reporters reveals how the richest people within the top 1 percent of the country has rigged the tax code and other laws in its favor.
Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter David Cay Johnston has been breaking pieces of this story on the front page of The New York Times for nine years, work for which one business school professor calls him ěthe de facto chief tax enforcement officer of the United Statesî. With Perfectly Legal, he puts the whole shocking narrative together in a way that will stir up media attention and make readers angry about the state of our country. And he has sound advice on what to do.
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/181339-1

----------

Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense /(And Stick You with the Bill)
January 18, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2yequa
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Cay Johnston joins us to talk about his new book,“Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (And Stick You with the Bill).” Johnston reveals how government subsidies and new regulations have quietly funneled money from the poor and the middle class to the rich and politically connected.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/18/free_lu...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#298887 Aug 24, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of that started with Atheist Madelyn O`Hare.
A report stated that before she pushed to have "In God We Trust" Prayers And the pledge of Allegiance Removed from schools that the worst offences in Schools before were.
Talking in class
Chewing gum
Cutting Class
and minor items as such
After She succeeded in her bid the offences were.
Rape
Murder
Robbery
Assault
Drugs
Shootings
Cutting class
Excessive violent Hazing
Gang rape
Knives and weapons in the Schools
Yes, absolutely correct.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298888 Aug 24, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Ntr has her some deep water trolling streamers to me. But not sure ..
lolol
Hey Quirky. I have a technical question for you since I believe you are into science and tech.

Do you know what the composition of the solder was that General Electric used for its televisions and heavy military electronics in the 40s 50s and early 60s.?

I can't seem to find the answer to this.
Tinka as it is I

Westminster, CA

#298889 Aug 24, 2014
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but it's even more tragic than that, IMO. I think the fascist elite are running a puppet show in Washington. They give the republican cast their turn on the boards, then they script for democrats. The ignorant populace, still thinking that there is a two party system responds in a backlash over perceived (but scripted) blunders by the party in power, and predictably votes for the other party. When candidates of both parties are fascists, how can the fascists lose? Their agenda goes forward no matter who gets elected.
The fascists believe, with good reason, I think, that the American public is really unintelligent and easy to manipulate. There are only two things they fear in this country - our Constitution and an armed rebellion by people who know what the fascists are doing. The fascists know that the ignorant public would not fight (or even vote) with rebels who would actually be trying to save their rights and freedoms. Such people have been methodically ridiculed and vilified in the media by propaganda and by politicians to cause a huge rift between the ignorant and the informed. While denigrating constitutionalists, the sock puppet is made to appear to be "helping' people with sops like obamacare (which only aids the medical industry and the insurance industry). The fascists know full well that if you say 'free' to a very large segment of the US population, their eyes light up like Vegas slot machines, To these people,'free' would never mean freedom - it could only mean getting something for nothing.
Land of the brave isn]t it?
Freedom requires bravery surely it is not free...how many churches give gift baskets stuffed with soaps and other goodies?
Tinka as it is I

Westminster, CA

#298890 Aug 24, 2014
was that stupidity or sarcasm?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298891 Aug 24, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Waiting until they are on U.S. Soil or in U.S. Waters is unacceptable. There are enemies of the U.S. and they have publicly declared war on US. Take the fight to their cities on their soil. The eagle in the national seal is holding arrows in it's left talon and it's holding an olive branch in it's right talon. Notice which talon the the eagle is looking at? It's looking at the olive branch. We prefer every nation to be our friends and we extend an olive branch in good will. But for those who mean us harm we have a quiver of arrows ready to defend and we will bring the fight to you.
<quoted text>
Don't Panic simply rocks. They have indeed declared war on US. I agree, take the fight there and smash them into the stone age and do it by the god we trust.

GREAT POST!
Tinka as it is I

Westminster, CA

#298892 Aug 24, 2014
Q is smart?
Coffee Party

Bay Shore, NY

#298893 Aug 24, 2014
You might ask what did Eisenhower do with the money?

He put Americans to work with Shovel Ready Jobs building our infrastructure with roads, bridges, and tunnels all across America.

And when the General left office he told our citizenry the truth about corruption in the Pentagon and Congress.

==========

Why We Fight
http://tinyurl.com/bn73v
http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/main.h...

We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. Today the real test of power is not capacity to make war but capacity to prevent it. The guns and the bombs, the rockets and the warships, are all symbols of human failure. History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap./ Dwight D. Eisenhower

----------

Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex
&mo de=related&search=

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298894 Aug 24, 2014
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
DILLIGAF!
You don't give anything. You are a taker only. Your posts are proof.
Coffee Party

Bay Shore, NY

#298895 Aug 24, 2014
Tinka as it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom requires bravery surely it is not free...how many churches give gift baskets stuffed with soaps and other goodies?
Welcome back Tinka!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298896 Aug 24, 2014
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Waahh!!
Waaahhh!!!
Waaaahhhh!!!!
Can I buy you a lollypop?
It figures that you would condone lying by our elected officials to those who elected them.

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Screw that petition. "we the people" are sick of being lied to. I
I know I am being lied to.........
My family is being lied to.......
My friends are being lied to......
My firm is being lied to.......
My nation is being lied to.........
The petition should be rewritten In 6 words.
And posted on every corner.
Mr Obama , STOP LYING TO US!
Lying is failing
Stop failing us

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298897 Aug 24, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's just say I never met a pacifist yet who wouldn't get up and at least start flinging rocks at somebody about to attack them. It's amazing how the instinct for self-preservation supersedes all the hypotheticals in the world.
That was a great post, NTR.
That is why I didn't believe him when he said he was a pacifist.
He also said Obama is a facist. Do you agree or is he a Marxist like I think he is?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298898 Aug 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
every fliberal on here is a criminal apologist, fact
It sure seems that way from what I have seen since starting the thread.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298899 Aug 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
BO is a war criminal..........
Whether he be a Marxist or a fascist.

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#298900 Aug 24, 2014
No gimmick.Fact.Why work for everyone else.91% was rotten.Our most valuable getting ripped off that way.All tax is evil.But we must have a military.And internal security.All else is up to states.Especially "Social Spending".Let the people VOTE if they want a welfare state or not.Bet most would vote against.Any polit who talks about "The Common Good" speaks with forked tongue.
Coffee Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat tax is a gimmick.
One of our greatest Presidents 5 Star General Eisenhower had the wealthiest pay 91% in taxes that gave relief to all Americans.
I am sure you realize that during 8 years of Bush and Cheney, State and Local taxes went way up in most of our 50 States.
Truth be told BOTH corrupt parties use the tax code to benefit their friends.
That is why our tax code is over 76,000 pages.
==========
Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich- and Cheat Everyone Else
http://tinyurl.com/3ptn5qm / May 18, 2004
One of the country's top investigative reporters reveals how the richest people within the top 1 percent of the country has rigged the tax code and other laws in its favor.
Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter David Cay Johnston has been breaking pieces of this story on the front page of The New York Times for nine years, work for which one business school professor calls him ěthe de facto chief tax enforcement officer of the United Statesî. With Perfectly Legal, he puts the whole shocking narrative together in a way that will stir up media attention and make readers angry about the state of our country. And he has sound advice on what to do.
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/181339-1
----------
Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense /(And Stick You with the Bill)
January 18, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2yequa
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Cay Johnston joins us to talk about his new book,“Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (And Stick You with the Bill).” Johnston reveals how government subsidies and new regulations have quietly funneled money from the poor and the middle class to the rich and politically connected.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/18/free_lu...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298901 Aug 24, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane, and it's YOU who's a terrorist. You're just not brave enough to spew your ignorant bilge to anyone in public. You're too much of a coward.
He is brave enough to post on a public thread.
What's the matter with you, Rose? Why so angry and hateful?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298902 Aug 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed , Blabby's output is particularly voluminous.
I saw her posts at the pub.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#298903 Aug 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That was a great post, NTR.
That is why I didn't believe him when he said he was a pacifist.
He also said Obama is a facist. Do you agree or is he a Marxist like I think he is?
How about some evidence that President Obama is a Marxist? Normally, one would observe behavior and come to conclusion based on those observations. So what behavior have you observed to come to that conclusion?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298905 Aug 24, 2014
Tinka as it is I wrote:
<quoted text>

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#298906 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some evidence that President Obama is a Marxist? Normally, one would observe behavior and come to conclusion based on those observations. So what behavior have you observed to come to that conclusion?
This is an opinion thread.
Isn't any evidence based on history? Or does history flip flop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 1 hr joey 495
News Immigrant suspect faces tough battle fighting m... 2 hr livermore 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr red and right 138,959
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 3 hr Responsibiility 434
News Bristol Palin to Obama: Stop Renaming Our Mount... 4 hr wild child 1
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 4 hr mjjcpa 280
News What rights do immigrants in the US have? 4 hr Quirky 28
More from around the web