The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 412592 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#296688 Aug 17, 2014
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
I whipped your wife with my diamond head snake once.
Does that count?
Are you happy now, dummy?
It is possible that my Wife fooled around once , But definitely not with the likes of you.

She likes Rich big strong White guys !

Hulk Hogan maybe?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#296689 Aug 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Is this you demonstrating your Tourette's syndrome? You must surely recognize that you use this same line almost nightly as though you're on auto-pilot?
Tourette Syndrome

Quirky

Denver, CO

#296690 Aug 17, 2014
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit checking my huevos, canto de pato!
Would not want to pinche joto lambe cabrones!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#296691 Aug 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Please note the specific terminology "the same SORT of deal" , and this deal was applied to Special Ops forces who do not operate on the same terrain or in the same ways as regular enlisted armed forces. You know this.
Our troops on the ground have immunity from Iraqi law and obey the UCMJ. That sort of deal, where we help Iraq kill its enemies before ISIS attacks our homeland.

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
The article does not address what the specific changes are in the terms of the agreement, does it? No, it does not specify what, if any, changes in language were made.
Obama's big on terms and language, isn't he? Kinetic operations is warfare in English.

Obama doesn't approve of Iraq's duly elected government and wants to oust Maliki. Obama claims Iraq's government isn't diverse enough so he's withholding more military aid until Iraq elects a government that meets Obama's approval. Obama's foreign policy seeks regime change in Iraq. Another example of weakening our allies and strengthening our enemies.

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
In my opinion, this is another vaguely worded criticism of the President that doesn't offer enough specificity for anybody to jump to the conclusion you did.
Obama failed to negotiate a status of forces agreement with Iraq so when all our troops left, ISIS filled the power vacuum and massacred Iraqi civilians. The press got so bad, Obama was forced to return to war in Iraq. You may call Obama's foreign policy vague, the result is death, war and unrest.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#296692 Aug 17, 2014
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
I whipped your wife with my diamond head snake once.
Does that count?
Are you happy now, dummy?
If you could whip your way out of a wet paper bag it would make sense huh?

“It matters but not very much”

Level 6

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#296693 Aug 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to stick with what I posted, Linda Blair, unless you intend to pretend you're twenty years younger than I expect you are. Again, let's go back to the role of DNA in Evolution:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home...
Now, here's a nice summary:
The Thousand Dollar Genome Has Arrived!
Posted on January 26, 2014
http://eveloce.scienceblog.com/
The first human genome was sequenced about a decade ago, at a cost of around four billion dollars.
<snip> http://eveloce.scienceblog.com/16/dna-proves-...
DNA Proves Evolution
Posted on August 4, 2011
<snip>
One of the most incredible discoveries to come from the Human Genome Project was the remarkably small number of genes we have. It turns out that we only have about 25,000 genes!! This seems a pitifully puny number.(cont.)
What was all that silly, inaccurate fluff above for? Didja really cage all that from a coffee table picture book? I'll have to repeat myself so that you might get it, although I doubt you're that bright:

Evolution is a fact of life. The origin theories of our species are not proven fact - they are theories.

That all species evolve does not mean that all species evolved from one single life form. That primates evolved and humans evolved does not mean that humans evolved from primates or that primates evolved from humans. That chimps are close to us in DNA structure doesn't mean we evolved from chimps. Marry a chimp and see how that works out for you.

Level 6

Houston, TX

#296694 Aug 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to stick with what I posted, Linda Blair, unless you intend to pretend you're twenty years younger than I expect you are. Again, let's go back to the role of DNA in Evolution:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home...
Now, here's a nice summary:
http://eveloce.scienceblog.com/
The first human genome was sequenced about a decade ago, at a cost of around four billion dollars.
<snip> http://eveloce.scienceblog.com/16/dna-proves-...
DNA Proves Evolution
Posted on August 4, 2011
<snip>
AS for your obsession with time, silly, old cow - McClintock's work was part of our classwork in college as being fundamental history to the study of evolution and its mechanisms - I didn't study sociology or latino studies like you must have back in the 1960's. Please note the dates below. The abstract from the (gasp) Oxford Journals is dated 1979. DNA sequencing was old news when I atteded university - not so for you, you old fossil. You should learn what the Human Genome Project really was - it didn't invent DNA sequencing or originate the study of DNA.

This is what a good summary really looks like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_McClinto...

"Barbara McClintock (June 16, 1902 – September 2, 1992), was an American scientist and one of the world's most distinguished cytogeneticists, the 1983 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine. McClintock received her PhD in botany from Cornell University in 1927.... From the late 1920s, McClintock studied chromosomes and how they change during reproduction in maize. Her work was groundbreaking; she developed the technique for visualizing maize chromosomes and used microscopic analysis to demonstrate many fundamental genetic ideas. One of those ideas was the notion of genetic recombination by crossing-over during meiosis—a mechanism by which chromosomes exchange information. She produced the first genetic map for maize, linking regions of the chromosome to physical traits. She demonstrated the role of the telomere and centromere, regions of the chromosome that are important in the conservation of genetic information. She was recognized among the best in the field, awarded prestigious fellowships, and elected a member of the National Academy of Sciences in 1944.

During the 1940s and 1950s, McClintock discovered transposition and used it to demonstrate that genes are responsible for turning physical characteristics on and off. She developed theories to explain the suppression and expression of genetic information from one generation of maize plants to the next. Due to skepticism of her research and its implications, she stopped publishing her data in 1953.

Later, she made an extensive study of the cytogenetics and ethnobotany of maize races from South America. McClintock's research became well understood in the 1960s and 1970s, as other scientists confirmed the mechanisms of genetic change and genetic regulation that she had demonstrated in her maize research in the 1940s and 1950s. Awards and recognition for her contributions to the field followed, including the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, awarded to her in 1983 for the discovery of genetic transposition; she is the only woman to receive an unshared Nobel Prize in that category.[1]"

"A strategy of DNA sequencing employing computer programs
R. Staden
Author Affiliations
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Received March 23, 1979.

Abstract

With modern fast sequencing techniques1,2 and suitable computer programs it is now possible to sequence whole genomes without the need of restriction maps. This paper describes computer programs that can be used to order both sequence gel readings and clones. A method of coding for uncertainties in gel readings is described. These programs are available on request. "

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/6/7/260...

Level 6

Houston, TX

#296695 Aug 17, 2014
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains PI's "unique" looks and her rare delusions of grandeur.
It's not her fault, she was born that way.
Great job on schooling that pretentious P.I., NTR!
Ah, another one who is as ignorant as NTR. Your notion of information sources are coffee table books, too? Oh well.

Level 6

Houston, TX

#296696 Aug 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Linda Blair, I could never be jealous of any woman who is a racist . It wouldn't matter what other qualities you might have to admire, that fact alone makes me grateful not to be you even if you looked like Rita Hayworth in her heyday. There's not much on planet earth that is uglier than racism or xenophobia, the rotten part at the core that can lead to all kinds of heinous acts and despicable behavior. <quoted text>
You just can't control your deep-seated need to nanner-nanner, can you? You obfuscate, deflect, and change the subject with totally irrelevant insults to try to worm your way out of a bind.

Why the obsession with the way I look? How am I a racist, or xenophobic? Just because you want to believe the worst of people, you have to attribute what you feel are wrong thoughts to people you have targeted as your enemies. Just because I disagree with your plan for a Utopia and campfire singing sessions you turn into a raging, spittle-flecked harridan who has to invent faults in me that are not actually present. You need some serious mental health intervention.

That said, understand that I couldn't care less what you think of me. Why on earth whould I? What are you to me? Think about it. I really don't care what you think about anything at all. I fling insults at you only because you fling them first. I post replies to you only to disprove your nattering and prattle - if the subject even interests me. Since you butted in to take over in my argument for someone else (who couldn't handle it) concerning human origins and evolution, I have responded to you. It chafes to do so, because you are not offering any real challenge, nor is your weak knowledge of the subject at all relevant.

BTW, how many of your acid-based, emotionally damaged cohorts do you intend to bring in to try to 'take me down?' The gnats are already thick here, and Rico can't keep up with his multiple logins. It appears that posting on internet boards is your (and their) entire life, but really, you act as if what happens here has some kind of higher meaning for us all. It is merely a place to exchange opinions and information. But I guess if it's your entire life, winning hate contests and trying to rule the thread is the epitome of success to you. But you're setting up a false challenger. Hey, if you want to be queen of the board, have at it. It's not something I aspire to at all. But you are not the opinion judge, nor are you qualified to be anything more than a person with an opinion. I do think that you just like to complain and moan and try to make someone else feel worse than you do in life - you hope you hurt people. Get a grip, and get some perspective. Seriously. We are not all like you. You must have a very sad and inadequate life.
Forbes

Covina, CA

#296697 Aug 17, 2014
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
AS for your obsession with time, silly, old cow - McClintock's work was part of our classwork in college as being fundamental history to the study of evolution and its mechanisms - I didn't study sociology or latino studies like you must have back in the 1960's. Please note the dates below. The abstract from the (gasp) Oxford Journals is dated 1979. DNA sequencing was old news when I atteded university - not so for you, you old fossil. You should learn what the Human Genome Project really was - it didn't invent DNA sequencing or originate the study of DNA.
This is what a good summary really looks like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_McClinto...
"Barbara McClintock (June 16, 1902 – September 2, 1992), was an American scientist and one of the world's most distinguished cytogeneticists, the 1983 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine. McClintock received her PhD in botany from Cornell University in 1927.... From the late 1920s, McClintock studied chromosomes and how they change during reproduction in maize. Her work was groundbreaking; she developed the technique for visualizing maize chromosomes and used microscopic analysis to demonstrate many fundamental genetic ideas. One of those ideas was the notion of genetic recombination by crossing-over during meiosis—a mechanism by which chromosomes exchange information. She produced the first genetic map for maize, linking regions of the chromosome to physical traits. She demonstrated the role of the telomere and centromere, regions of the chromosome that are important in the conservation of genetic information. She was recognized among the best in the field, awarded prestigious fellowships, and elected a member of the National Academy of Sciences in 1944.
During the 1940s and 1950s, McClintock discovered transposition and used it to demonstrate that genes are responsible for turning physical characteristics on and off. She developed theories to explain the suppression and expression of genetic information from one generation of maize plants to the next. Due to skepticism of her research and its implications, she stopped publishing her data in 1953.
Later, she made an extensive study of the cytogenetics and ethnobotany of maize races from South America. McClintock's research became well understood in the 1960s and 1970s, as other scientists confirmed the mechanisms of genetic change and genetic regulation that she had demonstrated in her maize research in the 1940s and 1950s. Awards and recognition for her contributions to the field followed, including the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, awarded to her in 1983 for the discovery of genetic transposition; she is the only woman to receive an unshared Nobel Prize in that category.[1]"
"A strategy of DNA sequencing employing computer programs
R. Staden
Author Affiliations
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Received March 23, 1979.
Abstract
With modern fast sequencing techniques1,2 and suitable computer programs it is now possible to sequence whole genomes without the need of restriction maps. This paper describes computer programs that can be used to order both sequence gel readings and clones. A method of coding for uncertainties in gel readings is described. These programs are available on request. "
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/6/7/260...
Lol...the copy and paste 24/7 queen of Topix. Enjoy your Sunday on Topix.
Coffee Party

West Islip, NY

#296698 Aug 17, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
I did.That is one opinion.I BELIEVE evidence to the contrary.Remember,I have stated an opinion.Perhaps Oswald did the deed.I can't see how.Besides,to many people had "accidents".I do not set store by any "coincidence".So,if you do NOT believe in MB,how do you explain eight wounds by two bullets?One missed,you know.How many shots were fired?Warren C says three.I BELIEVE that is wrong.<quoted text>
I am not that familiar with the Kennedy assassination so I misspoke about MB.

Bullets can ricochet and shrapnel can cause wounds and even death.

CtC, you do realize that even if Orenthal James Simpson would have taken the stand and admit that he killed Nicole and Ron, that jury would have still voted not guilty.

The former prosecutor makes more sense too me, so we have to agree to disagree.

----------

Killing Conspiracy
Why the best conspiracy theories about JFK’s assassination don’t stand up to scrutiny./ Nov. 14 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/lmdmhra
Fifty years after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, 59 percent of Americans still believe it was the work of a conspiracy. I was once among them. Back in the early 1970s, as a high school senior and college freshman, I read Mark Lane’s Rush to Judgment, Richard Popkin’s The Second Oswald, Penn Jones’ Forgive My Grief, and other tomes, some of them best-sellers, that argued the case for a dark plot.
Then, one day, I looked up the footnotes in those books, most of them leading me to the multivolume hearings of the Warren Commission. I was shocked. The authors had taken witnesses’ statements out of context, distorted them beyond recognition, and in some cases cherry-picked passages that seemed to back their theories while ignoring testimony that didn’t. It was my first brush with intellectual dishonesty.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Location hidden

#296699 Aug 17, 2014
No.A bullet can NOT do what that one did and come out "pristine".And a cheap,pre-world war 2 rifle can NOT kill with any accuracy.No ballistics were run on "Magic Bullet and cheap rifle.And Garrison was TEN times the DA as that fool you showed me.If he was crazy,why did Gov't bug his office?
Coffee Party wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not that familiar with the Kennedy assassination so I misspoke about MB.
Bullets can ricochet and shrapnel can cause wounds and even death.
CtC, you do realize that even if Orenthal James Simpson would have taken the stand and admit that he killed Nicole and Ron, that jury would have still voted not guilty.
The former prosecutor makes more sense too me, so we have to agree to disagree.
----------
Killing Conspiracy
Why the best conspiracy theories about JFK’s assassination don’t stand up to scrutiny./ Nov. 14 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/lmdmhra
Fifty years after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, 59 percent of Americans still believe it was the work of a conspiracy. I was once among them. Back in the early 1970s, as a high school senior and college freshman, I read Mark Lane’s Rush to Judgment, Richard Popkin’s The Second Oswald, Penn Jones’ Forgive My Grief, and other tomes, some of them best-sellers, that argued the case for a dark plot.
Then, one day, I looked up the footnotes in those books, most of them leading me to the multivolume hearings of the Warren Commission. I was shocked. The authors had taken witnesses’ statements out of context, distorted them beyond recognition, and in some cases cherry-picked passages that seemed to back their theories while ignoring testimony that didn’t. It was my first brush with intellectual dishonesty.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

Location hidden

#296700 Aug 17, 2014
Input rejected.
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very very sad, and you must surely absolutely reject my input, because it's about you and that Independent Patriot poster.
Those dimwits who disavow evolution are avoided in all academic circles where intelligent folks gather. You're not fit companionship for dinner parties, wine tastings, boating excursions, golf outtings, equestrian events, or anywhere else people gather to have wide ranging conversations. The first time word gets out that you're a creationist and don't believe in evolution, you are persona non grata, buddy - a pariah and a loser. It won't matter how much money you have to spend on Republican candidates either. Somebody will just stop by your house or your office to chat you up and accept a check. But, outside of the ballet and the opera where it's too loud during intermission for you to embarrass anybody, you're gonna' be one lonely one percenter, because you are considered an ignorant uneducated jerk.
That goes for you too, IP. But, if either of you thinks racist comments are cute or funny? You're not even going to be invited to the hot dog lunch on the Capitol lawn.

Location hidden

#296701 Aug 17, 2014
Hi.Just took a look.Yesterday,if you notice,I was asking WT some questions.I am not at all "Evangelical".The "Darwin" theory is pretty valid.I believe in Creation AND evolution.All part of a Divine plan.Otherwise,there is no point to life itself.I just do not hold with some "know it all" saying they know for sure.It is fun to puncture pomposity.
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
What was all that silly, inaccurate fluff above for? Didja really cage all that from a coffee table picture book? I'll have to repeat myself so that you might get it, although I doubt you're that bright:
Evolution is a fact of life. The origin theories of our species are not proven fact - they are theories.
That all species evolve does not mean that all species evolved from one single life form. That primates evolved and humans evolved does not mean that humans evolved from primates or that primates evolved from humans. That chimps are close to us in DNA structure doesn't mean we evolved from chimps. Marry a chimp and see how that works out for you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#296702 Aug 17, 2014
"The Anti-Christ is not a person, it is our own inclination to greed and our need to somehow justify that greed. It is the need to demonize those who do not have as much as others as somehow being lazy and therefore undeserving of help or redemption. It is the Ayn Rand/extreme Conservative/Libertarian ideology which embraces the basic mantra of 'Screw you, I got mine.' That, in my opinion, is the Anti-Christ."
Manny Schewitz

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#296703 Aug 17, 2014
Obama hates Iraq's government because it lacks diversity. He acts to weaken our allies and strengthen our enemies.

Most conservatives reject libertarian foreign policy, marriage policy, drug policy and abortion policy. We only share fiscal policy in common; libertarians may find far more appeal with Democrats than Republicans.

BTW, Ayn Rand was born a Jew. She converted to atheism in High School. Self interest justifies freedom. If that's greed to you, bite me.

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#296704 Aug 17, 2014
Coffee Party wrote:
<quoted text>
General Eisenhower had the wealthiest Americans paying 91% in taxes.
Not the Middle Class, not the working poor.
Why does a multi-millionaire like Mitt Romney only has to pay 11% to 13% in taxes while everyone else pays 35%?
And do not forget Federal, State and Local taxes plus more.
==========
Warren Buffett: Tax the Rich!
Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary
June 28, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/yj339w6
Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.
Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said:“The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”/ http://www.cnbc.com/id/19483842
The 11 to 13% that Romney and other wealthy people pay is more than you, I or any other middle working class pays. Don't let the percentage fool you. I think our percentage should be lower than the wealthy hands down. I will not go as far as say, the wealthy do not pay because they do.

Warren Buffett is under investigation for tax evasion. He has done well but he is also a schmuck. He is feeding the frenzy of the OWS fools who have been brainwashed to believe the rich owes them something. They don't.

We need to get the deep pockets out of Washington DC. Will we? I seriously doubt it.

Location hidden

#296705 Aug 17, 2014
I hope you hold with differing opinions without rancor.I believe that the redistributers of wealth are the Anti-Christ.Those who would take what is EARNED legally from those who EARNED it and give it to the undeserving poor,who do not have enough guts,talent,skill,and brains to EARN it.In Ayn Rands "Atlas Shrugged" you see what a society would possibly be like if the "Persons of Mind and Talent" went on strike.And don't tell me that the so-called "Workers" could keep things going.---Coffee is "Libertarian".I am conservative.Note the difference. Thanx for listening.
Freespirit8 wrote:
"The Anti-Christ is not a person, it is our own inclination to greed and our need to somehow justify that greed. It is the need to demonize those who do not have as much as others as somehow being lazy and therefore undeserving of help or redemption. It is the Ayn Rand/extreme Conservative/Libertarian ideology which embraces the basic mantra of 'Screw you, I got mine.' That, in my opinion, is the Anti-Christ."
Manny Schewitz

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#296706 Aug 17, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Socialism sucks! The Employer is already being forced to match withholdings for Social Security and Medicare. Now you want the employer to match your personal retirement savings as well? Why not force your employer to provide you with housing and other essentials? Why not just go back to the company towns with the company stores and accept pay in company script? After all, we know what kind of workers utopia that was.
Cradle to grave entitlement mentality is good for nothing except to ensure that everyone suffers. Not just the lazy. I prefer keeping my god given rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness. Not yours! If you want happiness, go find it yourself! Keep government's meddling hands away of my happiness!
Have you noticed that it is those who are nearing retirement age are the ones complaining about wages and not being able to retire. I can only wonder, what did those people do with their earnings. No one forced them to spend their earnings. No one advised them not to save. If they did not save, it is not the employers fault by any means. If they didn't get paid enough, they should have done something about it long before now. Funny how many think their happiness should be paid by others. Yes we certainly do have a social problem. We have those who planned for the long term and those who planned for the short term and now the short termers want the long termers to pay the difference. That is not what this country is about. We pave our own roads. Some roads are paved to hell while other roads are paved to happiness. You do not need to be amongst the wealthy to have that happiness. Common sense works well for most.
Internet observation

Sydney, Australia

#296707 Aug 17, 2014
Forbes wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...the copy and paste 24/7 queen of Topix. Enjoy your Sunday on Topix.
ntr needs some attention? start baiting and showing what a jealous tool you really are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian police intercept 22 people on U.S.-Man... 6 min spytheweb 1
News Phoenix immigrant deported to Mexico amid protests 10 min coco 140
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Mustang 20,909
News Feds say border fence has been cut 9,200 times ... 17 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 9
News Thousands descend on downtown LA for a Free the... 21 min Matthew 20
News Critics say El Paso arrest may deter immigrants... 32 min Need big busses 11
News US arrests Mexican immigrant in Seattle covered... 36 min Matthew 9
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 9 hr Just Slim 144,304
More from around the web