The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 390980 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#293273 Aug 9, 2014
SystemMaticOption wrote:
<quoted text>then you don't know about coyotes. normally? a pack of hungry coyotes don't need a feral dog.
You are not a farmer in Hemet California and are NOT here to observe coyotes and the occasional feral dog in their "nature" and to know what I know IN Hemet CA. It's jus everyday life around here. How about in Tokyo Japan?
Got coyotes?
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#293274 Aug 9, 2014
BTW Simi Valley is erroneous location, I can't change it.
Hemet is a little less than 200 mi. se of Simi Valley>tough shit for me.

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#293276 Aug 9, 2014
All you do is cross examine me.Well,YOU tell ME what happened.The tables are now turned.Give to me a History lesson.What ARE the facts?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i lived then also, dear.
and yet the facts are clearly on my side of reality.
tell me about these huge soviet arms buildups taht led to their collapse...what were they building? what did they do in response to the SDI (which you called a bluff and i pointed out was anything but...)
anything? anything at all?

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#293278 Aug 9, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Rose I am not. I am being polite and letting them know what I have noticed. They addressed me with kindness it is only proper to reply back in like. I am sorry that does not meet your approval. Seriously, I do not have the time to give you my attention that you desperately been seeking. The only advice I can give you at this time is to get over it and move on.:-)
"Lady Liberty"
"hoe" is going no place. She is a seeker of attention, she likes to whine that everybody is always picking on her. One plus though, lately she has cut back on the profanity that she used in nearly every post she offered.
Peace

Location hidden

#293279 Aug 9, 2014
Medicade was indeed big.Never said it wasn't.Since the "poor" already HAD that option,why a new phony plan called Obamacare?.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did you observe another gov't run health care plan bigger than the ones in the US? seems there was quite a bit to clear up. glad i could help...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#293280 Aug 9, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
All you do is cross examine me.Well,YOU tell ME what happened.The tables are now turned.Give to me a History lesson.What ARE the facts? <quoted text>
i am not the one posting clear BS...

the USSR was an unsustainable economic system from day one. one of the most resource rich areas on this planet propped them up for decades, but they even mismanaged that. the war in Afghanistan broke them financially as well as morally in the eyes of the outlying satellites, vis-a-vis the central russian ruling party. just a primer for you...

i already gave you a history lesson on your BS about nuclear weapon security as to the breakup of the USSR and on the fact that we already have gov't run health care in the US and have for decades...

anything else you need cleared up?

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#293281 Aug 9, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
A lamb being led over a cliff to the slaughter???
You not too smart are ya sparky?
"ricotheturd"
You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink you can also lead a liberal loon, like you to the truth, to facts, but that does not mean he will see the truth.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

St. Croix valley

#293282 Aug 9, 2014
Medicade was indeed big.Never said it wasn't.Since the "poor" already HAD that option,why a new phony plan called Obamacare?.<quoted text>
at does that have to do with your
bs about there never being gov't run health care in the US?

Location hidden

#293283 Aug 9, 2014
That is just the Lib viewpoint,refusing to credit Reagan anything.Opinion only.While financially damaging,the Afghan war was only a part of the problem for the USSR.Ehere economy was a house of cards.No American Prez before Reagan challenged it.Once challenged positively,it crumbled.THOSE are the FACTS.Anything else YOU need cleared up?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am not the one posting clear BS...
the USSR was an unsustainable economic system from day one. one of the most resource rich areas on this planet propped them up for decades, but they even mismanaged that. the war in Afghanistan broke them financially as well as morally in the eyes of the outlying satellites, vis-a-vis the central russian ruling party. just a primer for you...
i already gave you a history lesson on your BS about nuclear weapon security as to the breakup of the USSR and on the fact that we already have gov't run health care in the US and have for decades...

Location hidden

#293284 Aug 9, 2014
You gave me unproved opinions.Prove them.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am not the one posting clear BS...

Location hidden

#293285 Aug 9, 2014
Term bs profane.Input rejected.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
at does that have to do with your
bs about there never being gov't run health care in the US?

St. Croix valley

#293286 Aug 9, 2014
That is just the Lib viewpoint,refusing to credit Reagan anything.Opinion only.While financially damaging,the Afghan war was only a part of the problem for the USSR.Ehere economy was a house of cards.No American Prez before Reagan challenged it.Once challenged positively,it crumbled.THOSE are the FACTS.Anything else YOU need cleared up?<quoted text>
not being a lib, i wouldn't know.

so now you just cons tradicted yoru own statement and backed up mine. they system of the USSR was unsustainable...it was not reagan that toppled it, it was themselves as i stated and now you jsut agreed with, contrary to your previous BS post .

in fact, dear, every president before Reagan challenged them with our space race, our containment policy vis-a -vis the global expansion policy of the USSR, with our military readiness, with our economic prowess and the spreading of such across the planet where possible.

are you going to change your mind and agree with these facts also in your next post?

St. Croix valley

#293288 Aug 9, 2014
You gave me unproved opinions.Prove them.<quoted text>
no, not opinions at all proven facts. proven by history. and then you actually agreed with my facts, dear...

do you even understand what it is you are typing? just admit it. you spewed the BS about Reagan ending the USSR that you parroted without understanding the real facts of the matter..man up and admit it. you are just making a bigger ass of yourself trying to backpeddle.

Location hidden

#293289 Aug 9, 2014
You try to twist everything.I contradicted nothing.You did.Your point of view is opinion.And even a house of cards needs a push.Especially a "House" as big as the USSR.I said no Prez before Reagan ever "pushed" them before.You,as usual,neglected to mention that fact.A defensive posture is not a direct challenge.You are so blind on this subject,it amounts to a mania.Containment is NOT a challenge.Peaceful co-existence is not a challenge.This is another exercise in futility.I have spoken my piece.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not being a lib, i wouldn't know.
so now you just cons tradicted yoru own statement and backed up mine. they system of the USSR was unsustainable...it was not reagan that toppled it, it was themselves as i stated and now you jsut agreed with, contrary to your previous BS post .
in fact, dear, every president before Reagan challenged them with our space race, our containment policy vis-a -vis the global expansion policy of the USSR, with our military readiness, with our economic prowess and the spreading of such across the planet where possible.
are you going to change your mind and agree with these facts also in your next post?

Location hidden

#293291 Aug 9, 2014
Obviously you know as little of semantics as you do of history.Since I did not answer posted question,and will not ,input was indeed rejected.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you responded to it so, no, not rejected...more bullshit from you.

St. Croix valley

#293292 Aug 9, 2014
You try to twist everything.I contradicted nothing.You did.Your point of view is opinion.And even a house of cards needs a push.Especially a "House" as big as the USSR.I said no Prez before Reagan ever "pushed" them before.You,as usual,neglected to mention that fact.A defensive posture is not a direct challenge.You are so blind on this subject,it amounts to a mania.Containment is NOT a challenge.Peaceful co-existence is not a challenge.This is another exercise in futility.I have spoken my piece. <quoted text>
the vietnam war was not a challenge?
yes, you did contradict yourself several times. i twisted no words at any time.

this discussion is out of your league. yes, you spoke you piece and i showed you where it was pure BS...then you agreed with that assessment.

St. Croix valley

#293293 Aug 9, 2014
Obviously you know as little of semantics as you do of history.Since I did not answer posted question,and will not ,input was indeed rejected. <quoted text>
oh sweetie, the proof is right there on the answered several of my statements where i called out your bullshit using that exact term..now you are lying about can be so easily proven?

like i said, you are just making a bigger ass of yourself trying to back peddle...

St. Croix valley

#293294 Aug 9, 2014
Obviously you know as little of semantics as you do of history.Since I did not answer posted question,and will not ,input was indeed rejected. <quoted text>
semantics wouldn't come into play here...do you actually know what that word means? why did you use it incorrectly there?

Location hidden

#293296 Aug 9, 2014
Anyone can cross examine and then SAY they have proven something.You have proven nothing.I stand by my statement.Reagan was the prime mover in the collapse of the USSR.SDI had a lot to do with it.I provided a source.You did not.USSR probably would have collapsed eventually,but Reagan did precipitate early collapse.These are facts,as a lawyer would say.And they can't be disputed.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the vietnam war was not a challenge?
yes, you did contradict yourself several times. i twisted no words at any time.
this discussion is out of your league. yes, you spoke you piece and i showed you where it was pure BS...then you agreed with that assessment.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#293298 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not being a lib, i wouldn't know.
Reagan’s conviction that the Soviet Union was both a dangerous military power and a collapsing economic system derived not from any deep knowledge of the Soviet Union. Yet he proved to be the proverbial right man in the right place at the right time. By whatever means he arrived at his views regarding the Soviet Union, he drew from them policy directions that were devastatingly effective in undermining the rotten Soviet edifice. Because of the high oil prices of the 1970s the Soviet leadership avoided serious economic reforms, such as those that saved Deng Xiaoping’s China. Instead, it relied on oil revenues as a means of keeping its decrepit economy going. By the early 1980s the Soviet Union was becoming a hollow shell, with an unreformed and increasingly backward industrial base producing outmoded pre-computer armaments. Thus it was highly vulnerable to the pressures that the Reagan administration was planning.

A central instrument for putting pressure on the Soviet Union was Reagan’s massive defense build-up, which raised defense spending from $134 billion in 1980 to $253 billion in 1989. This raised American defense spending to 7 percent of GDP, dramatically increasing the federal deficit. Yet in its efforts to keep up with the American defense build-up, the Soviet Union was compelled in the first half of the 1980s to raise the share of its defense spending from 22 percent to 27 percent of GDP, while it froze the production of civilian goods at 1980 levels.

Particularly effective, though with unintended long-term side effects, was the Reagan administration’s support for the mujahideen (holy warriors) that were fighting against the Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Reagan was determined to make Afghanistan the Soviet Vietnam. Therefore in 1986 he decided to provide the mujahideen with portable surface-to-air Stinger missiles, which proved devastatingly effective in increasing Soviet air losses (particularly helicopters). The war in Afghanistan cost the United States about $1 billion per annum in aid to the mujahideen; it cost the Soviet Union eight times as much, helping bankrupt its economy.
Apart from his defense policies, Reagan also weakened the Soviet Union through economic moves. His supporters’ claims that he brought about the fall of the Soviet Union are somewhat weakened by the fact that he ended Carter’s grain embargo, which had produced alarming food shortages in the Soviet Union. On the other hand Reagan was able to reduce the flow of Western technology to the Soviet Union, as well to limit Soviet natural gas exports to Western Europe. One of the most effective ways in which his economic policies weakened the Soviet Union was by helping bring about a drastic fall in the price of oil in the 1980s, thereby denying the Soviet Union large inflows of hard currency".

http://wais.stanford.edu/History/history_ussr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 41 min VorenusI 141,891
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Brian_G 5,234
News Ana Navarro Slaps Trump For Bringing Joe Arpaio... 1 hr Wildchild 4
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr Brian_G 1,136
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr USA Number One 10,338
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 hr BabyDoll 7,007
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 2 hr Bahili 13
More from around the web