The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 408852 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#284395 Jul 16, 2014
Under Obama the United States for the first time has the highest corporate income tax rate in the world. And greedy Obama keeps complaining that taxes under “Obamer Droner Terminater” are STILL too low. Why raise taxes just so Obama can bomb another wedding party in Afghanistan?

William R. Junior Mattox said it best.“In 1950 the average family of four paid 2 percent of its earnings to federal taxes. Today it pays 24 percent.”

Winston Churchill said it best.“For a nation to try to tax itself into property is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.”
Detail the deatails

Gloucester, UK

#284396 Jul 16, 2014
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoid the question.
It's okay, it appears to be a theme of yours..
NTR, Hmmm.. I need her, more than she needs me...
You see, she is rather independent and speaks her mind..
Which in turn, give me much fruit for thought and keeps me on my toes as to expand my horizons.. One can never, possess to much knowledge and one can never stop learning.. What an inspiration that woman is...
What does her husband have to do with anything?
He's doing what he is suppose to be doing.. Certainly, that should not come as a surprise to you..
Oh, wait a minute, perthaps it does..
Correct me if I am wrong, you do not have one because of a divorce, or is it, that it was never meant to be and they chose not to do, what they were responsible for doing, like, providing for the family they took part in making/developing...
I can and will say this much, NTR's hubby, is one lucky baztard to have her as a wife... I know that, as if it were me, walking in his shoes, I would be thanking my lucky stars every morning I woke up and every night, I laid my head down to rest...
Do you, have anyone like that in your life..
You know, with the F.U. Self righteous attitude you possess...
Nope, I am sticking with NTR.. She not only has it going on, she knows how to deliver and get the job done when it comes down to defending her beliefs and making things happen...
You are not what or who you claim to be..
You are a shit stirrer as evidenced on who you immediately aligned yourself with, which indicate, you have been on the threads, changed your handle and have been brief'd to the goings on here of recent... And you are helping the damsels in distress...
Good luck with that one as if it's not one thing, it's another with them damsels.
Hmmm...well I'll be, you do see.
This was authored by NTR given in-to someone like you to provide it. Fact. Separate the real quote. Common sense.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#284397 Jul 16, 2014
Valuable wrote:
NTR1 wrote: <quoted text>
I have reported you for violation of TOS for your posting a completely fabricated post that you attribute to me, you disgusting troll. I will continue to report you and hope everybody else will as well. Youlong ago lost in..........
<quoted text>
Go ahead! You have provided personal info. of several here when you were trying to impress your side. This is where you should be looking as for as those violations. You are the author of many bait and switch tricks while acting all inclusive to be innocent of dirty deeds. You play very dirty sweetheart.
You miss the point. Your LIES are not personal information. They're fabricated tales from the crypt by your degenerate azz and have no relevance to anything factual which I ever posted. Are you playing for a mod? If so, why don't you post a link with post and page number? You can't. It doesn't exist, you prevaricating morally bankrupt coward. I'll report you repeatedly for that kind of concocted boolsheet. It has nothing to do with the debate about the President or anybody's political point of view. It's pure and simple outright blatant jealousy. You can't win, because God did not bless you with a three digit IQ. IT has NOTHING to do with me having noticed that fact. It is what it is. If you weren't such a nasty vulgar toad, I wouldn't care and would simply ignore you since I have almost no tolerance for the patheitically stupid, but you are nasty and mean and wicked, and I suspect karma will be biting your azz sooner rather than later.

I expect one day you will be compelled to reflect on what you, yourself, have created with your hostility and meanness.

As TIny Tim said (and, somebody PLEASE shake the hey out of any a-hole who wants to reference Scrooge as an authority on anything) "God bless us all, everyone." If you would make that request, who knows? Your heart might start to feel again. I think it's way past time that it did. a battle of truth versus prejudice and hate. No matter how many lies you tell, you're still the biggest loser and psychopath I've ever encountered, and I once encountered a man later convicted as a mass murderer. I think he was probably a better person than you. I wouldn't trust allowing a small child to be in the same block as you, you knuckle dragger hater.
Detail the deatails

Gloucester, UK

#284398 Jul 16, 2014
Charmin wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have reported you for violation of TOS for your posting a completely fabricated post that you attribute to me, you disgusting troll. I will continue to report you and hope everybody else will as well"
Awww...hurt you feelings?? Let me give some toilet paper to wipe your tears..HAHAHAHA!!
Awww X man did you get a PM. You people are so ignorant with your childish games. Dea tails. dea tales dea trails

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#284399 Jul 16, 2014
American companies are abandoning the sinking ship of the Illegitimate Obamer Drone Terminater Regime, which has the highest corporate taxes in the world and even higher taxes for next year for the stated purpose of Obama's crazy desire to bomb every wedding party in Afghanistan.

"Since 2009, at least 10 U.S. public companies have moved their incorporation address abroad or announced plans to do so, including six in the last year or so, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of company filings and statements. That's up from just a handful from 2004 through 2008." Online source is http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000087...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#284401 Jul 16, 2014
We can't stop illegal immigration because our President has plans to use it for his political goals. He invited this child crusade by giving amnesty without any congressional legislation or court decree.

Obama alone is responsible for the trail of children's bodies from Tegucigalpa to Texas.

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#284402 Jul 16, 2014
The corporate income tax rate in Britain is close to 20 percent which is on half of the Illegitimate Obamer Droner Terminater Regime's corporate income tax rate. Ensco moved from Obama's Illegitimate Regime to Britain in 2009. "Ensco's tax rate has declined. In the second quarter, the company said its "effective tax rate" was 10.5%, down from 19% in 2009. The savings: more than $100 million a year.

Around the time of Ensco's move, Rowan executives fielded questions from investors and analysts about their own tax rate. In February, Rowan answered the questions, announcing plans to move to the U.K. from Houston. "We're able to be competitive, with a low effective rate," says Suzanne Spera, the firm's director of investor relations." Online source is http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000087...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#284403 Jul 16, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
What a hypocrite.You back "common labor" and denigrate someone who does it.Once again,I am RETIRED.I mentioned this last Sunday.Great 401K and IRA.Guess I got lucky,right?Had nothing to do with hard work,good investments,and a very good savings plan.Yes.I work at the bowling alley 3 times a week.6 hour shifts.Bowling is my hobby.Get it?Job pays minimum wage,as it should.I run the lane cleaner.Buff the approaches.Don't need the money.Retirement is rather boring.Unless you have other interests.Trying to bandy words with narrow minds is fun.Made YOU curse!And WT is right.Those who don't prepare don't deserve jack.Their "need" will not buy any food.Unless they beg to Gov't.I would suggest a malthusian solution to the poor problem.As Scrooge said "Are there no prisons?Are there no workhouses?"<quoted text>
"As Scrooge said "Are there no prisons?Are there no workhouses?"

Funny that you would mention Scrooge considering the fact that Dickens used that character to demonstrate the moral failure of a form of capitalism that has since been rejected by the world at large.

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#284404 Jul 16, 2014
Vietnam has announced it is cutting its corporate rate to 25% from 28%. Singapore has approved a corporate tax cut to 18% from 20% to compete with low-tax Hong Kong's rate of 17.5% which is less than half of the Illegitimate Obamer Droner Terminater Regime's high corporate income tax rate of 39.2 percent. It might be pointed out that corporations get a lot of tax breaks in America. But it may also be pointed out that corporations get even more lucrative tax breaks in other nations such as the UK or Ireland or Hong Kong or Vietnam or even Japan. Will the last company out of the dishonest and snoopy and vicious and cruel Obamer Regime please turn out the lights?

Level 6

Location hidden

#284405 Jul 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Well, the troll has had to change id about five times since I posted to it. Please note, troll, there's only one of me but you keep changing faces faster than Oscar Pistorius on trial.
What are you afraid of, troll? Stand up and be counted.
One or two trolls are responsible for most of the "right wing" posts that appear on this thread.

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#284406 Jul 16, 2014
Would you buy ground beef at $3.50 per pound when you can find the same ground beef at $2.50 per pound or $1.70 per pound across the street just to support immoral and illegal actions by such gangs as the Illegitimate Obamer Droner Terminater Regime? Please write letters to your local companies demanding that they save hundreds of millions of dollars by relocating to tax havens such as the UK or Ireland or Hong Kong!

Level 6

Location hidden

#284407 Jul 16, 2014
Philliproy wrote:
The corporate income tax rate in Britain is close to 20 percent which is on half of the Illegitimate Obamer Droner Terminater Regime's corporate income tax rate. Ensco moved from Obama's Illegitimate Regime to Britain in 2009. "Ensco's tax rate has declined. In the second quarter, the company said its "effective tax rate" was 10.5%, down from 19% in 2009. The savings: more than $100 million a year.
Around the time of Ensco's move, Rowan executives fielded questions from investors and analysts about their own tax rate. In February, Rowan answered the questions, announcing plans to move to the U.K. from Houston. "We're able to be competitive, with a low effective rate," says Suzanne Spera, the firm's director of investor relations." Online source is http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000087...
The minimum wage in Britain has been raised to the £6.50 (roughly $11.50) an hour....just sayin'.

Minimum wage up to £6.50 an hour

The national minimum wage will increase by 19p an hour to £6.50, the government has announced.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26543267
Valuable

Gloucester, UK

#284408 Jul 16, 2014
NTRPRN1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point. Your LIES are not personal information. They're fabricated tales from the crypt by your degenerate azz and have no relevance to anything factual which I ever posted. Are you playing for a mod? If so, why don't you post a link with post and page number? You can't. It doesn't exist, you prevaricating morally bankrupt coward. I'll report you repeatedly for that kind of concocted boolsheet. It has nothing to do with the debate about the President or anybody's political point of view. It's pure and simple outright blatant jealousy. You can't win, because God did not bless you with a three digit IQ. IT has NOTHING to do with me having noticed that fact. It is what it is. If you weren't such a nasty vulgar toad, I wouldn't care and would simply ignore you since I have almost no tolerance for the patheitically stupid, but you are nasty and mean and wicked, and I suspect karma will be biting your azz sooner rather than later.
I expect one day you will be compelled to reflect on what you, yourself, have created with your hostility and meanness.
As TIny Tim said (and, somebody PLEASE shake the hey out of any a-hole who wants to reference Scrooge as an authority on anything) "God bless us all, everyone." If you would make that request, who knows? Your heart might start to feel again. I think it's way past time that it did. a battle of truth versus prejudice and hate. No matter how many lies you tell, you're still the biggest loser and psychopath I've ever encountered, and I once encountered a man later convicted as a mass murderer. I think he was probably a better person than you. I wouldn't trust allowing a small child to be in the same block as you, you knuckle dragger hater.

You are baiting? You were the author of that post. It was discussed later on by you. Now, you want me to direct you to it so that you can have it removed. How many more times are you going to mention that man you encountered? My job is to put those types behind bars. How many do you hate on here because you are jealous? Talk to whoever you converse with about this sin. It is you, the wicked povercator of much of the distractions on here when you don't agree or won't accept the truth as some see it. Wise up!!! Your word is not golden where the president stands. Your problem is more about his race than those who disagree with his policy. That makes you a _____?

“Impeach Obama!”

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#284410 Jul 16, 2014
The following companies are thinking about abandoning the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Do you blame them?

"Prospective Deals:
Medtronic
Walgreen
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
C&J Energy Services Inc.
Forest Laboratories Inc.
Chiquita Brands
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Merck consumer care unit
Mondelez International coffee unit
Applied Materials Inc.
Allergan Pharmaceuticals"
Online source is http://democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/timel...
Valuable

Gloucester, UK

#284411 Jul 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Well, the troll has had to change id about five times since I posted to it. Please note, troll, there's only one of me but you keep changing faces faster than Oscar Pistorius on trial.
What are you afraid of, troll? Stand up and be counted.
There is no need to work the way you do. One thing was consistent.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#284412 Jul 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Meet the Love Child Rev. Sun Myung Moon Desperately Tried to Hide
How the family values crusader made the publisher of the Washington Times raise his secret son.
—By Mariah Blake Mon Dec. 9, 2013
When the Washington Times threw its 20th anniversary gala in 2002, conservative luminaries lined up to pay tribute, including Ronald Reagan, who addressed the packed ballroom via video. Afterward, the paper's enigmatic founder, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, took the podium. "Even before the term 'family value' became a popular phrase, every day of the week the Times was publishing articles highlighting the breakdown in values and what must be done to return to a good, moral society," he said, through a translator. "Today, family values have become an essential piece of the social fabric in America, even becoming part of the political landscape. We can be proud of the Washington Times' contribution that promoted and elevated family values to an essential part of society in America and the world!"
Moon, the founder of the South Korea-based Unification Church, which had hundreds of thousands of adherents at its peak, claimed to be on a divine mission to salvage humanity by rebuilding the traditional family. Before his death last year at age 92, the self-proclaimed messiah—who was known for marrying off his followers in mass weddings—presided over a multibillion-dollar business empire. And he plowed huge sums of money into politics, launching a vast network of media outlets and front groups that promoted conservative family values and left a lasting mark on the modern-day GOP.
Park and Choi at home
Sam Park with his mother, Annie Choi, and a portrait of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, whom he would later learn was his father. Courtesy of Samuel Park
But this family values crusader harbored a secret. While he was promoting marriage as the solution to society's woes and inveighing against "free sex," his personal life was full of philandering—including at least one adulterous relationship that produced a son. To hide the boy's identify from his followers, Moon instructed his right-hand man, who was also the founding president and publisher of the Washington Times, to raise the child. Moon's illegitimate son, Sam Park, who is now 47 years old and lives in Arizona, also helped guard his father's secret, by staying silent. Until now.(cont.)
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/12/r...
So what?? I can't use a link as the publisher is a philanderer?? I guess that means we must totally disregard anything Clinton said or did.

Mother Jones???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#284413 Jul 16, 2014
Now, this is a really good read, "conservatives": Don't be scared. Read it.

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2014

I was poor, but a GOP die-hard: How I finally left the politics of shame
I hated government -- even as it was the only thing trying to save me. Here's how, one day, I finally saw the light

Edwin Lyngar

I was a 20-year-old college dropout with no more than $100 in the bank the day my son was born in 1994. I’d been in the Coast Guard just over six months. Joining the service was my solution to a lot of problems, not the least of which was being married to a pregnant, 19-year-old fellow dropout. We were poor, and my overwhelming response to poverty was a profound shame that drove me into the arms of the people least willing to help — conservatives.

Just before our first baby arrived, my wife and I walked into the social services office near the base where I was stationed in rural North Carolina.“You qualify for WIC and food stamps,” the middle-aged woman said. I don’t know whether she disapproved of us or if all social services workers in the South oozed an understated unpleasantness. We took the Women, Infants, Children vouchers for free peanut butter, cheese and baby formula and got into the food stamp line.

Looking around, I saw no other young servicemen. Coming from the white working class, I’d always been taught that food stamps were for the “others”— failures, drug addicts or immigrants, maybe — not for real Americans like me. I could not bear the stigma, so we walked out before our number was called.

I felt my own poverty was a moral failure. To support my feelings of inadequacy, every move I made only pushed me deeper into poverty....
If you had taken WIC and the EITC away from me, my son would still have eaten, but my life would have been much more miserable. Without government help, I would have had to borrow money from my family more often. I borrowed money from my parents less than a handful of times, but I remember every single instance with a burning shame. To ask for money was to admit defeat, to be a de facto loser.

To make up for my own failures, I voted to give rich people tax cuts, because somewhere deep inside, I knew they were better than me. They earned it. My support for conservative politics was atonement for the original sin of being white trash.

By the financial meltdown of 2008, I was out of the military and living in Reno, Nevada — a state hard hit by the downturn. I voted libertarian that election year, even though the utter failure of the free market was obvious. The financial crisis proved that rich people are no better than me, and in fact, are often inferior to average people. They crash companies, loot pensions and destroy banks, and when they hit a snag, they scream to be rescued by government largess. By contrast, I continued to pay my oversize mortgage for years, even as my home lost more than half its value. I viewed my bad investment as yet another moral failure. When it comes to voting and investing, rich people make calculated decisions, while regular people make “emotional” and “moral” ones. Despite growing self-awareness, I pushed away reality for another election cycle.

In 2010, I couldn’t support my own Tea Party candidate for Senate because Sharron Angle was an obvious lunatic. I instead sent money to the Rand Paul campaign. Immediately the Tea Party-led Congress pushed drastic cuts in government spending that prolonged the economic pain. The jobs crisis in my own city was exacerbated by the needless gutting of government employment. The people who crashed the economy — bankers and business people — screamed about government spending and exploited Tea Party outrage to get their own taxes lowered. Just months after the Tea Party victory, I realized my mistake,

(cont.)

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/16/i_was_poor_bu...
howdy doody

Huntington Park, CA

#284414 Jul 16, 2014
Philliproy wrote:
Would you buy ground beef at $3.50 per pound when you can find the same ground beef at $2.50 per pound or $1.70 per pound across the street just to support immoral and illegal actions by such gangs as the Illegitimate Obamer Droner Terminater Regime? Please write letters to your local companies demanding that they save hundreds of millions of dollars by relocating to tax havens such as the UK or Ireland or Hong Kong!
You're an advocate of taking jobs from Americans??

Get the hell out of the USA!

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#284415 Jul 16, 2014
Of course I know that.I just thought NTR would find it amusing.Should I get a "Living Wage" for my "common labor"?Since my retirement is adequate?Bye now.I wish to work at some "common labor".(housekeeping).
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"As Scrooge said "Are there no prisons?Are there no workhouses?"
Funny that you would mention Scrooge considering the fact that Dickens used that character to demonstrate the moral failure of a form of capitalism that has since been rejected by the world at large.

“It matters but not very much”

Level 6

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#284417 Jul 16, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be serious? You post an OPINION piece from the Washington Times? Do you even know what that rag is about? Here:
The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet published in Washington, D.C., United States. It was founded in 1982 by the founder of the Unification Church, Sun Myung Moon, and until 2010 was owned by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate associated with the church.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_T...
You are apparently too stupid to be embarrassed. Sorry about your bad luck. You should have picked better gene donors.
And you believe whatever Wikipedia says? LOL! Latest, and not at all surprising, news about Wikepedia:

"Yesterday evening a Wikipedia user attempted to edit radio host Alex Jones’ profile to add the sentence,“Following his appearances on Russia Today, there were allegations that he was a disinformation agent with ties to the Kremlin.”

A simple trace on the IP address that posted the entry reveals that the computer involved “is registered to Information Systems, U.S. House of Representatives.”

A separate edit describes RT host Abby Martin as a “Russian propagandist,” despite the fact that Martin made headlines back in March for publicly criticizing Russia’s involvement in Crimea on her own show. The IP address leads back to the same computer.

Although the Alex Jones entry remained pending, the entry describing Abby Martin as a “Russian propagandist” was posted live to Wikipedia before being amended a minute later."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 5 min PastorHaggardsMet... 17,642
News Cruel bully or modern-day Wyatt Earp? Sheriff's... 35 min spud 34
News Sanctuary city mayors urge Obama to protect ill... 59 min spud 18
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr spud 40
News Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue t... 1 hr spud 6
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 1 hr Jeremy 437
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Liar Watch 14,827
More from around the web