The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277768 Jun 25, 2014
"The Authorities" a 1970s punk rock group is cancelled their engagement at Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Low ticket sales were the reason for the cancellation, said a spokesman for the group
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#277769 Jun 25, 2014
Obamacare is going to have to return its hero's cape, and we're all going to have to learn to think twice before we over-react to shaky economic data.

Two months ago, President Barack Obama's signature health-care reform law was widely credited with saving the U.S. economy from shrinking in the first quarter by giving a huge jolt to health-care spending. On Wednesday, we found out that had all been a mirage.

Using more-solid data than it had two months ago, the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis found that health spending actually shrank in the first quarter, weakening overall consumer spending and contributing to a terrible quarter for the broader economy. Gross domestic product shrank at a 2.9 percent annualized rate in the quarter, the worst since the depths of the Great Recession, with health spending alone shaving 0.16 percentage points from growth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/obam...
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277770 Jun 25, 2014
Type AGREE

if you think former poster "Ghost Rider" should make a triumphant return to Topix.

He has not posted in a long, long time and his voice of reason is needed on this message bord
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277772 Jun 25, 2014
NEWS ITEM

Polynesian witch doctor Urulo has perfected a skin lotion that could dark skinned Mexicans like RIco aka X Man aka Vorenus appear White.

Urulo says the potion has but one problem: the potion makes the person want to look for a job night and day

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#277773 Jun 25, 2014
WaPo weighs in (again) on the crumbling Obama presidency. June 24, 2014

"Why is Obamaís foreign policy now polling like Obamacare?

One of the mantras that many foreign affairs watchers have uttered over the past few years is that the Obama administrationís shifts in foreign policy simply mirror the shifts in U.S. public opinion. As Americans grow increasingly averse to expensive and risky actions overseas, so has President Obama.

So itís pretty odd that two polls out in the past day suggest that Obamaís foreign policy is increasingly unpopular. The Washington Post/ABC News poll is pretty clear:

President Obama receives his worst marks yet for handling the situation in Iraq, with 52 percent disapproving and strong negative sentiment now outpacing strong approval by 2 to 1 (34 to 17 percent).Ö

For the first time in Post-ABC polls disapproval of Obama for handling Iraq outpaces approval, 52 to 42 percent. His ratings tilted positive the last time Iraq approval was asked in September 2010 Ė 49 percent approving and 45 percent disapproving, with nearly one-third of Republicans giving him positive marks (31 percent). But Republican support has plummeted to 13 percent in the new poll while independents have also shifted negatively, with the share approving of his Iraq efforts dipping from 49 to 40 percent. Democrats have been more consistent in approval of Obama, though their level of support fails to match Republicansí opposition.

And the New York Times/CBS News poll is even more damning:

Dissatisfaction with President Obamaís conduct of foreign policy has shot up among both Republicans and Democrats in the past month, even though a slim majority supports his recent decision to send military advisers to Iraq to confront the growing threat from militants there, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

The survey suggests that most Americans back some of Mr. Obamaís approaches to the crisis in Iraq, including majority support for the possibility of drone strikes. But the poll documents an increasing lack of faith in the president and his leadership, and shows deep concern that further intervention by the United States in Iraq could lead to another long and costly involvement there.

The poll found that 58 percent of Americans disapprove of the way Mr. Obama is handling foreign policy, a jump of 10 points in the last month to the highest level since Mr. Obama took office in 2009. The spike in disapproval is especially striking among Democrats, nearly a third of whom said they did not approve of his handling of foreign policy.

So whatís going on? Itís not rocket science ó itís the difference between policy outputs and policy outcomes. A policy output is, say, the decision to send military advisers into Iraq, or the decision to rule out the use of combat troops there. A policy outcome is what actually happens on the ground ó in the case of Iraq, a worsening sectarian war. The thing about American foreign policy is that even the best foreign policy outputs do not necessarily translate into the best outcome, because the United States, for all its superpowery-ness, is not actually an omnipotent deity. In the case of Iraq, there are a lot of other variables at play besides U.S. foreign policy outputs: Malikiís poor leadership, the neighboring situation in Syria, the Kurdish desire for an independent state, Gulf funding of ISIS and Iranís sway over the Maliki regime.Ē

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/...

WaPo, Globe, NYT, LATimes, what happened to your chosen one? Waking from a hype induced slumber, eh?

The president has failed each and every one of us.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#277774 Jun 25, 2014
Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious. Weren't you the one saying a Christian can be a homosexual? Now, you are telling me you are married, correct? God is the final judge, not the one sitting behind a bench with a JD.
He's not sitting, he's buns up kneeling. Men don't do that.
PairODice Inn

Santa Ana, CA

#277775 Jun 25, 2014
Katrina wrote:
Type AGREE
if you think former poster "Ghost Rider" should make a triumphant return to Topix.
He has not posted in a long, long time and his voice of reason is needed on this message bord
The message board missing GR.......
Like the Sh!t without it's stink.
It sounds like you're insinuating GR will be completing re-hab soon.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#277776 Jun 25, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
A homosexual cannot be a Christian.
Complete polar opposites.
What mere activist judges rule here on earth, doesn't mean anything to God.
It only means that He is finding out who the real sinners are and who the real sinners are not.
By their worldly actions.
Guess what?
You failed the test.
Agree; no way...... Jax thinks he is above god.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#277777 Jun 25, 2014
Boehner Confirms Lawsuit Against Obama for Executive Actions

House Speaker John Boehner will file a lawsuit against the Obama administration for its use of executive actions to change laws, he formally announced Wednesday.

"I believe the President is not faithfully executing the laws of our country, and on behalf of the institution and our constitution standing up and fighting for this is in the best long term interest of the Congress," he said.

nbcnews.com

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#277778 Jun 25, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
'ARROGANCE AND INCOMPETENCE'
Boehner to file lawsuit against Obama to force 'faithfully executing the laws'
HOUSE SPEAKER JOHN BOEHNER announces plans to file lawsuit against President Obama over alleged abuse of executive power.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/25/bo...
WOW! He has actually got my message that Obama has in fact, failed us......
It's about time....

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#277779 Jun 25, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
tea baggers need to get jobs.
No shit! Quit laying on your backs gobbling scrotums day and night.
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277780 Jun 25, 2014
Which of the Topix liberal extremists have a job?

Rico aka X Man aka Vorenus

NTR

Jaxxon

Woodtick

Which of the Topix liberal extremists need props to validate their existence?

Rico aka X Man aka Vorenus

NTR

Jaxxon

Woodtick

Holy inferiority complex Batman!
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277781 Jun 25, 2014
PairODice Inn wrote:
<quoted text>
The message board missing GR.......
Like the Sh!t without it's stink.
It sounds like you're insinuating GR will be completing re-hab soon.
Whatever...

You're still beneath him vato

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#277782 Jun 25, 2014
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
Boehner says to file lawsuit over Obama executive actions
http://news.yahoo.com/boehner-says-file-lawsu...
Look at this list of Presidential executive orders(see link below to see where these came from )
President No. Of Executive Orders
Franklin D. Roosevelt 3,522
Harry S. Truman 907
Dwight D. Eisenhower 484
John F. Kennedy 214
Lyndon B. Johnson 325
Richard Nixon 346
Gerald R. Ford 169
Jimmy Carter 320
Ronald Reagan 381
George H. W. Bush 166
William J. Clinton 364
George W. Bush 291
Barack Obama 180.
If you look, Obama has actually had less executive orders than any other president that has served two terms. Granted Obama has not finished his second term. Bill Clinton had 364 executive orders and the country was at peace! Since the Second World War, we have created an imperial presidency on a world stage and empowered the presidency. We have the War Powers Act hat permits the president to fight an undeclared war for 60 days. We demand the president to fight a war on terrorism(both aboard and at home) and a war on drugs. The president works with the FBI ,the CIA, the Justice Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the NSA, the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the State Department, military intelligence, etc. The Department of Homeland Security is supposed to be "regulating" all of this, but we know that is not true.
I don't about you, but I am sick of Congress(both parties). All they want to do is get on TV. Case in point: Congress complained that they were not notified about this Bowe Bergdahl release. When the Iraq conflict flared back up, Congress all ran away; leaving Obama holding the bag. Congress claimed that Obama did not Congressional authority to act militarily. No Congressmen with elections in the fall wants an Iraq vote on their record. If they we are having all these Congressional hearings (really tax payer funded attack ads), why not have some substantive hearings about our future role with Iraq?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_S...
Obama's ones were tyrannical and contribute to the incremental spread of communism just as you like it to be, bedwetter.
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#277783 Jun 25, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Agree; no way...... Jax thinks he is above god.
Why I wonder?

He is the typical liberal know it all. A notorious gay flamer

He washed out of the service I understand. He failed in several business ventures.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#277784 Jun 25, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's fair to say that you and your drunken pals are in decline. Maybe you'll look less foolish (but, I kind of doubt it) after I've finished my coffee.
To quote Harmonious:

As Stupid as you are Dumb!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#277785 Jun 25, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality, I am not spocko, but you already know that, you lying dumbass troll. LOL!
You surE HAVE THE SAME COMMUNIST, Obama loving demeanor as that poster you claim is not you. LMAO, Spoko.

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#277786 Jun 25, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflecting vato....
I want to see an executive order to seal the US Mexico border and keep out millions of invaders wanting to attach themselves to America's public assistance programs
You'll never see it mojada. Just think, you'll deprive many of tu familia entry!

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#277787 Jun 25, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever...
You're still beneath him vato
"Vato"? get out of the barrio.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#277788 Jun 25, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why I wonder?
He is the typical liberal know it all. A notorious gay flamer
He washed out of the service I understand. He failed in several business ventures.
I agree; a flaming liberal but the rest of what you say......Maybe, maybe not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 15 min Here Is One 498
The Big Stupid Thread About Everything (Jul '13) 1 hr USMail XXXII 536
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr American Werewolves 136,487
Obama admin. to allow thousands of Haitians int... 2 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 29
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 3 hr Responsibility 93
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) 5 hr bigcircle247 5,604
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 5 hr OneRepublic 1,909

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE