The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#277464 Jun 23, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>The team’s owner, Daniel Snyder, and top management have justified the team’s name as an “honor” to Native Americans in letters to fans and the public. So too has NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. And both have leaned on the story that Marshall chose the name to honor Dietz to make that case.
Snyder referenced the history without using Dietz’s name specifically in a letter to season ticket-holders last October:
As some of you may know, our team began 81 years ago — in 1932 — with the name “Boston Braves.” The following year, the franchise name was changed to the “Boston Redskins.” On that inaugural Redskins team, four players and our Head Coach were Native Americans. The name was never a label. It was, and continues to be, a badge of honor.
The team has also used Dietz’s heritage — and the claim that the Redskins were named in his honor — to defend itself in the lawsuits challenging its federal trademark.
The NFL, too, has rested its case on that history. Goodell did so in a letter to 10 members of Congress who wrote him to challenge the name last June. The commissioner called the name a symbol of “strength, courage, pride, and respect” and specifically referenced Dietz’s role in the name:
In our view, a fair and thorough discussion of the issue must begin with an understanding of the roots of the Washington franchise and the Redskins name in particular. As you may know, the team began as the Boston Braves in 1932, a name that honored the courage and heritage of Native Americans. The following year, the name was changed to the Redskins — in part to avoid confusion with the Boston baseball team of the same name, but also to honor the team’s then-head coach, William “Lone Star” Dietz
I remember when the Colorado Rockies were called the Denver Bears.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#277465 Jun 23, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... really don't think the NFL is worried about the Redskins of Welpinet WA. Besides, if they are indians and want to be known as the redskins - why not?
Isn't there some place called Beantown? I know, I know, but I'm not talking about LA.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#277466 Jun 23, 2014
Brickerman wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, you sure proved you like to lie about what you don't know. Pretending you know about raising cattle for the market? You don't know.
She is just reading from some canned liberal script just like the kiddie she is. She has no cow sense, much less common sense.....
WeDeserveBetter

Endicott, NY

#277468 Jun 23, 2014
USA has actually been COOLING since 1930s, the hottest decade on record...

http://games.cnn.com/games/52-card-pickup/52-...

“sunny day”

Since: Jan 14

in the mountains....

#277469 Jun 23, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang you Sunny, You hittin that Tequila again ?
lolol
"NONONO Quirky" Tequila is in a hiding place tell the Superbowl...lol
I got a relative that is a redskin fan an goes to ever redskin game he can and 2or3 years ago the Redskins played the Seahawks in Seattle and lost the game an he thought the game was rigged...."don't remember why he thought that but he did"......Funny thing was I told him to go back to Washington D.C. and cry to his Congressman "He lives back there".... Also there kind of like the Denver Broncos "you know they don't like getting there butts kick"...HEEHEE
WeDeserveBetter

Endicott, NY

#277470 Jun 23, 2014
President Warns of 'Hurricane Intensity' Despite 8-Year Hiatus...

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister...

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#277471 Jun 23, 2014
Nobody cares Jaxxon. Nobody at all. If I screw with a dirt bag heterosexual or I screw with a dirt bag homosexual, nobody cares. The two are the same thing. Undesirable excess destined to be separated from continued service for one reason or another. The sooner, the better. Before they get someone injured or worse. Sure! There will be those who pretend to care while they are trying to smooth it over with the dirt bag. But when they just laugh knowing that If someone like me has decided to put my neck out by outright harassment of the dirt bag, I already have enough ammo in my files to have the dirt bag separated for more reasons than three. And none of them have anything to do with the sexual orientation of the dirt bag. Trust me. If I want a dirt bag out of my Army, that dirt bag will be gone faster than you can sell one of your rare "breeding" chickens.
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, just like you and a few others here swore we couldn't file out taxes as a married couple because we live in a non-equality state. You were wrong about that too.
These are federal benefits.
The DOD directives instruct the various branches of the military to recognize any marriage license issued in any jurisdiction where that marriage is legal. Period.
The policy has been named "place of celebration" because the validity of the marriage is determined by where it was performed, not where you reside.
If you weren't lying about what you do for a living you would know that.
If you're not lying and you do try and deny service members the benefits they and their spouses qualify for based on your own ignorance or prejudice, you will lose your job and face criminal penalties.
You've tried to bluff your way through another attention seeking charade and you've been proven wrong again. I've done what I need to do. You can sit and spin trying to convince one or two trolls that you're right, but anyone with a brain and basic reading skills now knows that you were wrong. I'm happy with that.
You go ahead and have the last word on this one, but like I said earlier, you're either lying or trolling and no amount of hysterical gibberish is going to change that.
WeDeserveBetter

Endicott, NY

#277472 Jun 23, 2014
Under Obama, More Babies Aborted Than Jobs Created.....

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-sta...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#277473 Jun 23, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>She is just reading from some canned liberal script just like the kiddie she is. She has no cow sense, much less common sense.....
Except that she was right and DP was wrong, which shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.
WeDeserveBetter

Endicott, NY

#277474 Jun 23, 2014
40 million immigrants now live in USA!.

http://www.latintimes.com/most-latino-workers...
WeDeserveBetter

Endicott, NY

#277475 Jun 23, 2014
Nearly Half Of Detroit Residents Can't Pay Water Bills, UN May Be Called In For Help...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06/23/nearly...

“sunny day”

Since: Jan 14

in the mountains....

#277476 Jun 23, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang you Sunny, You hittin that Tequila again ?
lolol
Seahawks beat Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.(AP)-- Waiting to get their hands on the Lombardi Trophy, the Seahawks were surrounded by security guards in orange jackets. It was the first time anyone in that color stopped them all night.

The Seahawks stayed true to their mantra to make each day a championship day. They made Super Bowl Sunday the best day of all with one of the greatest performances in an NFL title game - sparked by a defense that ranks among the best ever.

The Seahawks won their first Super Bowl crown by punishing Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos 43-8. That masterful defense, the NFL's stingiest, never let the five-time MVP get going, disarming the highest-scoring offense in league history.
HEEHEE

“RELAX”

Level 8

#277477 Jun 23, 2014
Fox News Makes You Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
When asked why he served less than the six-year commitment, Bush responded,“I was going to Harvard Business School and worked it out with the military.”
MILITARY 101:
The military releases individuals for the convenience of the military, NOT FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE INDIVIDUAL ( e.g., so someone could attend business school).
Because the 111th FIS had a need for pilots at the time Bush was discharged, and because his early release could not have been for his own convenience, there must have been a reason the military could no longer use the services of Dumbya Bush.
----------
Listen to ignorant Bush in his own words:
On “Meet the Press,” Bush said,“I put in my time, proudly so.” When pressed by Russert on why news reporters who previously investigated the charge could find no records of his Alabama service, Bush said,“They’re just wrong. There may be no evidence, but I did report; otherwise, I wouldn’t have been honorably discharged.
----------
Bush said,“They’re just wrong. There may be no evidence, but I did report; otherwise, I wouldn’t have been honorably discharged.
----------
There may be no evidence,
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
BUT ALL AMERICANS SHOULD JUST TRUST BUSH BECAUSE HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH ???
----------
==========
Bush defends military service record in NBC interview /
President also backs Tenet, war against Iraq
http://tinyurl.com/2zyjug Feb. 9, 2004
President Bush defended his service in the National Guard during an interview aired Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” and offered to produce evidence to counter allegations raised by political opponents that he was AWOL for a time in 1972.
On “Meet the Press,” Bush said,“I put in my time, proudly so.” When pressed by Russert on why news reporters who previously investigated the charge could find no records of his Alabama service, Bush said,“They’re just wrong. There may be no evidence, but I did report; otherwise, I wouldn’t have been honorably discharged.
In other words, you don’t just say ‘I did something’ without there being verification. Military doesn’t work that way. I got an honorable discharge, and I did show up in Alabama.” http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4209283/
AR 140-10 allows a guardsman or select reservist to perform duty with another unit . Especially if the soldier is outside the distance of a reasonable commute for reasons of education or employment. The host unit would have no permanent record of the duty. Just a certificate of duty performance that would have been forwarded to his unit of assignment to be processed for pay and retirement points. A unit commander may authorize an "Excused Absence" for the Soldier who is attending school or performing temporary employment outside of the reasonable commute. In that case, there would only be a code on the unit's performance package for that month. Bush did his time and was honorably discharged. That's more than can be said for the community organizer.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#277478 Jun 23, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Smugglers Instill Fear Along U.S. Border
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/smugglers...
Neither walls nor local authorities are able to stem the tide of drug smugglers along the nation’s border, and states are looking for the federal government to help.
Simple solution: Shoot to kill.....Compassion be damned, IMO
Quirky

Denver, CO

#277479 Jun 23, 2014
Katrina wrote:
I sure hope Carmelo Anthony doesnt want to play for the Suns.
He was quite a drama Dude when he was playing for Denver Nuggets.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#277480 Jun 23, 2014
WeDeserveBetter wrote:
40 million immigrants now live in USA!.
http://www.latintimes.com/most-latino-workers...
The article you linked to says nothing about 40 million immigrants.

It was reporting the fact that most Latino workers in America are native born.

I'm missing the connection between your comment and your source.
Whose Sane

Glendale, CA

#277481 Jun 23, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Simple solution: Shoot to kill.....Compassion be damned, IMO
Spoken like a man that condones tyranny.
Grim Reaper

Santa Ana, CA

#277482 Jun 23, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The article you linked to says nothing about 40 million immigrants.
It was reporting the fact that most Latino workers in America are native born.
I'm missing the connection between your comment and your source.
WDB is a proxy user who's WMD are Judge-its and hysteria..

“RELAX”

Level 8

#277483 Jun 23, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that she was right and DP was wrong, which shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.
You are all wrong. There are many ways of making money with cattle, or any other livestock. Breeding is only one way. Finishing is another. That's what I do. I buy calves and feed them until they are so fat they look like they will explode. Then I take them to the sales barn and watch the buyers bid the price up as high as it will go. Ching Ching!
Alex Trebek

Harlem, GA

#277485 Jun 23, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all wrong. There are many ways of making money with cattle, or any other livestock. Breeding is only one way. Finishing is another. That's what I do. I buy calves and feed them until they are so fat they look like they will explode. Then I take them to the sales barn and watch the buyers bid the price up as high as it will go. Ching Ching!
I'd a figurd thes hi fulutin' queers an wannabe arstocraps wat lives in thar sisters an mommas cellars wood b all up on veal an such outher fance fixans. I recons not howevar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama amnesty greater threat to blacks than pol... 22 min Dee Dee Dee 35
News Conservative Media Rallies to Scott Walker Afte... 49 min Teddy 14
News Coping with reality: Legislation could offer dr... 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Republicans back bill letting illegal immigrant... 1 hr tomin cali 28
News Years-ago arrest saved his life, but now haunts... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 1
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 2 hr Carlos Danger 158
News Is Jeb Bush Too Enthusiastic About Immigration? 6 hr The Sin City Cat 6
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 9 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 137,974
More from around the web