The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
King Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#277233 Jun 22, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
5 oz (155 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup (4 oz/125 g) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (4 oz/125 g) vegetable shortening
4 extra-large eggs
2 cups (1 lb/500 g) sugar
1 cup (4 oz./125 g) all-purpose (plain) flour sifted before measuring
Position a rack in the middle of an oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
Place the chocolate, butter and shortening in a heatproof bowl or the top pan of a double boiler. Set over a pan of gently simmering water but not touching the water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine the eggs nd sugar in a bowl. Using a whisk or electric mixer (my choice) set at medium speed, beat until thick and light colored (5-10 minutes).
Use a rubber spatula to fold into the cooled chocolate and then add the sifted flour, mixing only until the ingredients are incorporated.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake until the top looks dry and feels firm to the touch , 45 minutes. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares while still hot. Cool before serving.
Delicious! Going to make mine now!
Making them for Jourdan?

Most jails don't let you bring food into the place.
King Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#277234 Jun 22, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's just your attention deficit disorder, DP, and the reason why you can't keep up with reality and must resort to posting fiction derived from your smoke fueled visualizations and hallucinations.
Visualizations and hallucinations?

Like you when you were zonked out for years on white powder?

Then you handed your bad choices lifestyle down to that mongrel son of yours, Jourdan, to take over.

Did you teach him how to snort at a young age too like Rose did with her own son?

I am thinking you did.

He has no one to blame for his lot in life except you.

Just sayin'

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#277235 Jun 22, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's just your attention deficit disorder, DP, and the reason why you can't keep up with reality and must resort to posting fiction derived from your smoke fueled visualizations and hallucinations.
I have read enough of your long, poorly written novels to know that I won't miss out on much by not reading another.
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#277236 Jun 22, 2014
spocko wrote:
One of Gdub’s most toxic legacies is the introduction of al Qaeda into Iraq (the ISIS mother ship). If this wasn’t so tragic it would be supremely ironic, because before the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, top Bush officials were insisting that there was an al Qaeda-Iraq axis of evil. There was no al Qaeda-Iraq connection until the war; our invasion made it so. We have known this for nearly a decade; well before the murderous ISIS even appeared. Clearly, the Iraq war has made the overall terrorism problem much worse! Iraq, as we know, turned out to be an unmitigated disaster of which you right-wing loons were warned by none other than Obama before it even started, quote: "it will lead to the deaths of thousands of Iraqi civilians and soldiers as well as Coalition soldiers, and damage peace and stability throughout the region and the world" !!!!!!
So frank, ISIS is the former Republican Guard? al Qaeda? a combination of the two? or just ordinary Sunni Iraqis who want their government back?

General Powell was right from day one, you break it you own it.

==========

General Norman Schwartzkopf : Iraq Quagmire For USA
Iraq Quagmire: That, George Bush, knew!
http://tinyurl.com/2q9ex6 / PBS Television 1997:
King Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#277237 Jun 22, 2014
Gov. Bobby Jindal says 'rebellion brewing' against Washington

WASHINGTON (AP)— Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Saturday night accused President Barack Obama and other Democrats of waging wars against religious liberty and education and said that a rebellion is brewing in the U.S. with people ready for "a hostile takeover" of the nation's capital.

Jindal spoke at the annual conference hosted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a group led by longtime Christian activist Ralph Reed. Organizers said more than 1,000 evangelical leaders attended the three-day gathering. Republican officials across the political spectrum concede that evangelical voters continue to play a critical role in GOP politics.

"I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States," Jindal said, "where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren."

The governor said there was a "silent war" on religious liberty being fought in the U.S.— a country that he said was built on that liberty.

"I am tired of the left. They say they're for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them," he said. "The left is trying to silence us and I'm tired of it, I won't take it anymore."

Earlier this week, Jindal signed an executive order to block the use of tests tied to Common Core education standards in his state, a position favored by tea party supporters and conservatives. He said he would continue to fight against the administration's attempts to implement Common Core.

"The federal government has no role, no right and no place dictating standards in our local schools across these 50 states of the United States of America," Jindal said.

Jindal used humor in criticizing the Obama administration on several fronts, referencing the Bergdahl prisoner exchange and the deadly attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

"Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question," he said. "I've thought long and hard about it. Here's the only answer I've come up with, and I'm going to quote Secretary Clinton:'What difference does it make?'"

The conference featured most of the well-known Republicans considering a 2016 presidential run, including Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul. Jindal is expected to announce after the November midterm elections whether or not he will launch a presidential bid.

http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge/index.ss...
Positronium

Gloversville, NY

#277238 Jun 22, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not. Your so-called "tactics" are that of a lonely, insecure, miserable old fool who has nothing but Topix to make him feel important. LOL!
You are out of touch with reality and completely ill-informed.
Your tactics are that of a liberal heckler.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#277239 Jun 22, 2014
spocko wrote:
One of Gdub’s most toxic legacies is the introduction of al Qaeda into Iraq (the ISIS mother ship). If this wasn’t so tragic it would be supremely ironic, because before the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, top Bush officials were insisting that there was an al Qaeda-Iraq axis of evil. There was no al Qaeda-Iraq connection until the war; our invasion made it so. We have known this for nearly a decade; well before the murderous ISIS even appeared. Clearly, the Iraq war has made the overall terrorism problem much worse! Iraq, as we know, turned out to be an unmitigated disaster of which you right-wing loons were warned by none other than Obama before it even started, quote: "it will lead to the deaths of thousands of Iraqi civilians and soldiers as well as Coalition soldiers, and damage peace and stability throughout the region and the world" !!!!!!
Whatever Rose !!

lolol

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#277240 Jun 22, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Here's the problem with your "truth". First, you have provided no evidence that your story is true. Any faint resemblance to "truth" is undoubtedly a huge exaggeration of anything remotely factual about the anecdote you provided. Otherwise, provide the link.
Now, that said, surely you know that your kind of propaganda provided to droolers encourages them to believe they have found answers to what ails us. Once again, you encourage these dimwits to believe that their problems are a result of "users - and welfare abusers" even as you expand the definition to include vets and of course, old folks who spent most of their adult lives working and contributing and playing by the rules.
Surely you must know that for all the social welfare programs, none of that cost comes close to the magnitude of CORPORATE welfare at taxpayer expense that's doled out year after year. Right? WTF is wrong with you that you're pointing your crooked finger at the least of your fellow Americans and helping fuel the kind of divisiveness that allows a small group of elite to continue separating you and the rest of us from what we have rightfully earned as a result of WORK ETHIC? You know? The folks you disparage are the same people whose efforts keep the place functioning.
For example, what good would it do you to win a government contract to clean a facility if nobody shows up to do the cleaning. It may be a million dollar contact, but one guy can't fulfill it no matter how much multi-tasking you do.
You really don't impress me as a guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and you certainly don't have the writing skills of an Ivy leaguer. Well, neither did George Bush so I suppose you can ignore that criticism. Nevertheless, you might want to slow down and stop pointing a finger are every single minority group of Americans as being the root cause of all that ails us. You could add up collectively the tax dollars used for social welfare programs, and you would still fall well short of the tax benefits extended to already profitable businesses: Crony capitalism at its' "finest".
He can't provide a link because he lied. Plain and simple.

It's actually classic DP. Tell an outrageous lie, insult a group of people that should be respected and the sit back and spend an entire day enjoying the attention it gets him.

Pathetic, but very effective troll strategy.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#277241 Jun 22, 2014
What could happen, really, if the tea party ran the U.S.?
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/06/22/3247...
What exactly does the tea party movement want? Other than bringing three-cornered hats, powdered wigs and knee breeches back in style, that is.

If every Republican squish in Congress were booted out of office and replaced by a doughty defender of our constitutional freedoms, what kind of laws would this purer, more authentically conservative GOP pass, and which government programs would it dismantle? If FDR gave us the New Deal and LBJ gave us the Great Society, how would President Rand Paul or President Ted Cruz seek to transform American life?

No one really knows. But it is a question that comes to mind after the defeat of Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va. It is not particularly likely that we'll see unified tea party control of the government anytime soon. It is nevertheless useful to think through what a Teatopia might look like.

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#277242 Jun 22, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read enough of your long, poorly written novels to know that I won't miss out on much by not reading another.
That's okay. Regardless whether you do or don't, I'll still respond to any of your ridiculous nonsense anytime the mood strikes me. ;-)
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#277243 Jun 22, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not calling God a liar. I'm simply pointing out the fact that you are mistaken.
That narrative is a condemnation of the use of public ritualistic sex as a means of worshiping a false god (idolatry to be specific) which was a common practice at the time. It is not and has never been a condemnation of homosexuality, or a committed relationship between two people of the same gender.
You can pick and chose a couple of verses here and there and have the bible say anything you want it to say. The passages you have chosen (taken in their entirety) are clearly in reference to idolatry and the use of public orgies as a means of worship.
Men and women were having sex during this "worship" too. Do you think that means God is also condemning heterosexuality, or was he condemning the idolatry?
More and more Christians are rejecting the fundamentalist interpretation and returning to the original scriptures for their inspiration.
Jaxxon

You can tell yourself over and over that GOD condones Homosexuality but it won't fly with him.

You would know this if you had a personal relationship with GOD....nothing else needs to be said.

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#277244 Jun 22, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Visualizations and hallucinations?
Like you when you were zonked out for years on white powder?
Then you handed your bad choices lifestyle down to that mongrel son of yours, Jourdan, to take over.
Did you teach him how to snort at a young age too like Rose did with her own son?
I am thinking you did.
He has no one to blame for his lot in life except you.
Just sayin'
That's pathetic, you know. At least when I talk about you, I tell the truth about you. On the other hand, when you post about me, you post outrageous and preposterous lies. Had I been anything like you portray me, I would much more likely be on your side of the table and oblivious to the world around me and the people in it. Somehow I think you're once again projecting your own history. You're using my son's name because you have nothing with which to rebut. Isn't that sad? Most posters here know that about you. You're a bona fide slow thinking jackass.

My son is waiting for the brownies, some of which he'll take to work with him. Now. I have to go take them out of the oven. Too bad there's nobody at your house to make any dessert.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#277245 Jun 22, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't provide a link because he lied. Plain and simple.
It's actually classic DP. Tell an outrageous lie, insult a group of people that should be respected and the sit back and spend an entire day enjoying the attention it gets him.
Pathetic, but very effective troll strategy.
He provided an opinion based on experience. Plain and simple ,Jax. I happen to agree with him based on my experience. You don't know what you are talking about, Jax.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#277246 Jun 22, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an honorable discharge certificate with an embossed seal and a signature of someone important. I even have my DD form 214 on file at the county register of deeds. All official government issued proof of my "Honor". All you have is a certificate that says you completed massage parlor training. Where's the "Honor" in that? It's probably MIA like that lie you told about your MIA brother.
and yet we have this long list of proven lies that show you have no honor....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#277247 Jun 22, 2014
Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Jaxxon
You can tell yourself over and over that GOD condones Homosexuality but it won't fly with him.
You would know this if you had a personal relationship with GOD....nothing else needs to be said.
since that god has been proven false, like all other man made gods, it doesn't really matter, does it...kind of like pissing off thor, the worst that could happen is a couple of comic book geeks might get mad at you...
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#277248 Jun 22, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was whether or not one "Christian" has the right to question the faith of another "Christian" simply because they do not agree in their interpretation of scripture. That question was asked and answered when the disciples came to Christ and complained about a man that was doing "mighty works" in Christ's name, but refused to accept their authority.
Mark 9:
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man who shall do a mighty work in my name, and be able quickly to speak evil of me.
40 For he that is not against us is for us.
41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink, because ye are Christ's, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
To be blunt about it, your job is to get yourself right with your God and let other people do the same.
Apostle John is talking to Jesus about false prophets who are casting out devils in the name of Lord Jesus but are not believers of the Lord Jesus. Meaning false prophets trying to profit off of our Lord Jesus Christ but unbelievers.

Actually Christ instructed the Apostles to do healing and miracles in HIS NAME. Jesus NEVER instructed non believers to do so.

If you condone homosexuality then you don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can not ride both sides of the fence. Jesus said: "If you are lukewarm I will spew you out. You are either COLD (do not acknowledge his commandments for Christ) or HOT (on fire for Christ).

Then if a person truly believes in Jesus Christ and does not condone sinful acts "Ye are Christ's and will receive your reward."

You did exactly what you said to others to not do---picked and chose a few verses without the entire passage and meaning.

You would know this if you knew Christ instead of arguing that it is wrong.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#277249 Jun 22, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am beginning to believe that it will come to that sooner than later.
I agree with you.

Just wanted to let you know, the little girl down the road may kill deer but I am still unable to kill animals. We have several.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#277250 Jun 22, 2014
Is this anti-tea party robocall from Cochran supporters?
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/dailyledes...
A video released by a tea party activist purportedly shows the voicemail of a robocall aimed at Democrats asking them to vote against Chris McDaniel in the Republican primary runoff.

It's no secret that Cochran supporters have been working to turn out votes in majority African American precincts, and sources say they are dropping thousands of robocalls aimed at minority voters. However, there's several things that make me doubt this video is of those planned calls.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#277251 Jun 22, 2014
"In the land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of Political Correctness.

Robert Griffin III

or RGIII
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#277252 Jun 22, 2014
http://endtimeheadlines.org/politics/s-dakota...

The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday. The resolution says Obama has “violated his oath of office in numerous ways.” It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama’s statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.”Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States,”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 43 min Le Jimbo 678
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 43 min STFU 32
Why Democrats Are So Confident 3 hr SobieskiSavedEurope 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Ga Girl 56 137,104
Obama administration accused of political motiv... 7 hr Guess Who 6
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 10 hr Earl 4
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 14 hr Rural living 13
More from around the web