The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#273664 Jun 9, 2014
Ever since Colorado started getting high, crime has dropped by 10 per cent
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...
Crime in Denver, the capital of Colorado, has dropped by 10 per cent since last year - reassuring those who feared it would rise after the first legal marijuana stores opened in the state on 1 January.

The statistics published by Denver authorities show that crime overall dropped by 10.6 per cent, while violent crimes including sexual assault and homicide fell by about 5 per cent in total. Meanwhile, property crime such as motor theft fell by around 11 per cent in the city as a whole.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#273665 Jun 9, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yuck! What nonsense and disjointed nonsense at that. Buzz off, bozo. We're full up with your sock puppets. How many faces are you going to wear this afternoon?
This is a forum where INDIVIDUALS can express their opinions. If you want to play team sports, get off the internet and go purchase a hockey stick or baseball bat. You shouldn't assume that gathering five other intellectually challenged followers to lap up your lame posts means you've won anything. There are no prizes awarded here on Topix - ever since they stopped the "crown" game. That's over. Maybe FB has something where you can win. Don't know. Go play in traffic.
Do you even know the title of this thread, Blabby? Apparently not.

#273666 Jun 9, 2014
2 Las Vegas shooting suspects had 'white supremacist' ideology: police
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/2-las-vegas-shoot...
A husband and wife who went on a deadly shooting rampage in Las Vegas harboured anti-government beliefs and left a swastika and a "Don't tread on me" flag on the body of one of the two police officers they killed, authorities said Monday.

The flag, with its roots in the American Revolution, is a symbol for anti-government groups. Police said they believe the swastika was intended to paint police as Nazis, not necessarily as an expression of the Millers' own white-supremacist views.

Jerad and Amanda Miller had been kicked off a Nevada ranch where anti-government protesters faced down federal agents earlier this year because they were "very radical," according to the son of rancher Cliven Bundy.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#273667 Jun 9, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Harassment? In the same way that you call me a racist for confronting you and those you support on your racism, it is the same when you accuse me of "harassment".
The reality is that nothing could be further from the truth. You know it and I know it. You support the most vile, verbally abusive, harassing posters on these threads.
Temper temper.....I support the opinions of various people here in regards to the failure known as barak obama. You are not one of those people,exman. BTW you are just as abusive to your opposers as you claim I am.
Your history here proves it.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#273668 Jun 9, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You are inaccurate, exman.
No, I don't think I am, gramps.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#273669 Jun 9, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> You are not honest nor do you observe. LOL
Prove it.

#273670 Jun 9, 2014
Don't Tread on Me

The history of the Gadsden flag and how the rattlesnake became a symbol of American independence
http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsd...
Franklin sketched, carved, and published the first known political cartoon in an American newspaper. It was the image of a snake cut into eight sections. The sections represented the individual colonies and the curves of the snake suggested the coastline. New England was combined into one section as the head of the snake. South Carolina was at the tail. Beneath the snake were the ominous words "Join, or Die."

This had nothing to do with independence from Britain. It was a plea for unity in defending the colonies during the French and Indian War. It played off a common superstition of the time: a snake that had been cut into pieces could come back to life if you joined the sections together before sunset.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#273671 Jun 9, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the ex man.
Another vicious lie. Do you people ever NOT lie about others? LOL!

“you know i know”

denver

#273672 Jun 9, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much more "responsible" will I need to be as a senior citizen, you ignorant b*stard? Should we old folks get out there and try to compete toe to toe with somebody 21? Don't you think they have enough problems as it is? After all, even if they pursue a college degree, what are the repercussions to them when they graduate with student loan debt hanging over their heads? The elite talk a d*mned good game about higher education and the need for it, but it frequently does not translate into higher income. The downward pressure on salaries here in America is fueled by the high cost of higher education:
http://taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.c...
Student Loans Rising
An Overview of Causes, Consequences, and Policy Options
William G. Gale, Benjamin H. Harris, Bryant Renaud, Katherine Rodihan
Published: May 14, 2014
The share of households with student loans rose from 9 percent in 1989 to 19 percent by 2010, while inflation-adjusted median student debt rose by more than 50 percent. Rising debt burdens can affect numerous outcomes. For those in school, loans may affect completion rates, choice of major, and academic performance. After students graduate, debt can impact career choice and pursuit of a graduate education. Loan burdens can also affect decisions later in life, such as homeownership, marriage and saving. The costs of having higher student loan debt should be weighed against the well-documented economic returns to acquiring more education.
Blame BO, ya' silly dingbat.

How's that search for the Bengazi killers going? Has BO spotted any on the golf course?
Confucius

Covina, CA

#273673 Jun 9, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> You are not honest nor do you observe. LOL
Confucius say.....Pos is a dumb_fk.

“you know i know”

denver

#273674 Jun 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>NTR, what is it you think is driving that ridiculous increase in tuition we have seen? is there anything holding them back from raising it at will?
my theory...for what its worth... is that if i had a product like a university education, that almost everybody in the country could get a low interest loan to buy, i would see no reason to not raise the price. it would seem there is no market check in place.
Federal loans quarantees have resulted in increased tuition, Daffy. And the rest of you clueless libs.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#273675 Jun 9, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
We had the best system in the world.
Admired and revered worldwide.
Until Obama came into the picture.
Look no further than the VA for the real, picture.
Until then, you're a non tax paying lifelong taker who never gave her fair share and is just now, at 65 years of age, and getting worried about the mid terms and 2016, who is attempting to be clawing her way up on anyone's backs to stay afloat.
PERIOD!
Well said.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#273676 Jun 9, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Every civilized nation on the Planet who's borders are inundated by people from a neighboring state would call those people Refugees and set them up in a refugee camp near the border where they crossed and keep them there until the problems in the country they came from were resolved and then force those refugees to return from were they came or find some country that will accept them. Well, every civilized nation except the USA. Here we don't call them refugees. We call them "Undocumented Immigrants" and sign them up for public assistance so they have time to breed and multiply like rodents. The illegal invaders from south of our border are an invasive species that are destroying native habitat. Where are all the environmentalists on this issue? Why are there no government funded eradication programs being proposed? We need to do something drastic now or else the USA will be no different than the banana republics in the southern hemisphere of planet earth. You are next Canada!
You seem unable to understand what is happening in this part of the world. Goodness gracious, great balls afire, DP. I thought you supported Republicans? I suppose I was wrong. Republicans love cheap labor, and they are perfectly content to foist the costs of such labor onto the backs of working class Americans! This is called free market capitalism AKA "free for all plutocrats", not so free for you and me. There not only isn't any government funded eradication program, there is a government taxpayer funded welcome wagon as government comports and sashays down the aisles giving hat tips to lobbyists for corporatists. Later, they'll all have a few cabbage leaves;-)

Why must you do this stuff? What stuff? Post this ridiculous nonsense for the reading pleasure of those of double digit IIQ status? You know you just keep them on the thread, right? Can't we just freeze them out by NOT pandering to them? Then, you could get back to your mid-America folksy Mark Twain journalism which occasionally plays to a few chuckles (albeit with much greater awareness of your motives today than in the past when you amused us).

“you know i know”

denver

#273677 Jun 9, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Do keep in mind, dearie, that every Republican candidate for President (with the exception of Ron Paul) fully supported the Patriot Act. So, why are you putting this on the President? Check this out for the details of who voted and which way to extend the Patriot Act:
http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/11...
That would be 54 Democrats who voted to extend it and 196 Republicans who voted in favor. It required 202 votes to pass. Thanks Republicans.
Now, Obama signed it into law in the llth hour because he had been informed that a veto would seriously compromise ongoing investigations and tracking of terrorists. At any rate, it was a crowd pleaser for Republicans. Let's move on.
Because he campaigned against it, you clueless git.

#273678 Jun 9, 2014
After Georgia and Vegas Attacks: Why Won’t Media Call Right-Wing Violence ‘Terrorism’?
http://www.thenation.com/blog/180160/after-ge...
Terrorist couple in Las Vegas IDed, plus photos, videos, online rants.

It was a busy, violent weekend for right-wing nuts in America. But will the US media dare call them “terrorists”?

First, you had the Sovereign Nation shootout plus explosives outside the courthouse in Forsyth, Georgia. I’ll let the great Charles P. Pierce take it from here:

“you know i know”

denver

#273679 Jun 9, 2014
Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico really gets around. Wasn't he the short, pudgy Mexican on top of one of the roofs in LA today after a high-speed chase where he ends up in someone else's home seeking refuge from EVERYONE??
Either that or the short, fat, bald frijole pushing a stolen shopping cart full of empty beer cans as the cops raced by.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#273680 Jun 9, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know the title of this thread, Blabby? Apparently not.
Why? Are you worried about me, Harpo? Try not to give what I do or don't know too much thought. I know you are somehow related to Bomb Mexico and still play footsie with the transgendered conflicted pole dancer wannabe, regardless of who is in the role.

“you know i know”

denver

#273681 Jun 9, 2014
Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
This man is nothing but evil. I am sure you know this but I want to express it over and over.
Today's news reported that over 64,000 vets did not get an appointment with a doctor. More will come out and this is why Obammie is in a hurry to project as much damage on America and then high tail it off like a coward. He will go into hiding like the Muslim terrorist do in the mountains.
Must be nice to have a free 747 at yur command to get the hell out of dodge when one of yur many lies and fiascos blow up, like the liar BO has.. Likely he'll run out of places to visit before he runs out of lies and disasters.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#273682 Jun 9, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> Temper temper.....I support the opinions of various people here in regards to the failure known as barak obama. You are not one of those people,exman. BTW you are just as abusive to your opposers as you claim I am.
Your history here proves it.
More lies.

“you know i know”

denver

#273683 Jun 9, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
I somehow managed to insert a comment in the middle of the story about Calipari.(I'm sure there is a lot.......) The next paragraph returns to the article. Sorry.
Cut back on the Jack, ya' hack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican leaders look for escape plan on immi... 6 min Le Duped 8
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 10 min spud 382
Former Mexico Prez: Illegal Immigrants Stay in ... 37 min Who Guessed It 21
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 1 hr woodtick57 31
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 1 hr Mr_D_ElPaso 53
Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 6 hr Who Guessed It 40
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 13 hr American Werewolves 137,356
More from around the web