The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391186 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#266976 May 17, 2014
Obama shifts weekend golf game to elite VA course
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/obama-...
Obama usually plays his standard weekend golf game at Andrews Air Force Base or at Fort Belvoir in Virginia.

But on Saturday the president and his three companions teed off instead at the elite Robert Trent Jones Golf Club on the shores of Lake Manassas in Gainesville, Virginia.

The club, where membership is by invitation only, has played host to four Presidents Cup tournaments since it was established in 1991.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#266977 May 17, 2014
Woodtick,

FORBES
By Michael Peck, Contributor
(covers Defense and National Security)

11/15/12

How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...

A right-wing militia inspired by the Tea Party movement has taken over the city of Darlington, South Carolina, arrested the local government, and declared that the federal government should be overthrown. As the militia establishes checkpoints across I-95, other extremist groups across the nation rush to declare their support. South Carolina’s governor – a Tea Party supporter – declines to send in law enforcement to quash the militia, but quietly asks for federal intervention. The President invokes the Insurrection Act to authorize the use of federal troops, as the Pentagon prepares for war at home….

This is a drill, repeat, this is a drill. Actually, it’s a thought exercise by two authors exploring just how the U.S. military would respond to domestic insurrection. It sounds almost paranoid, except that nine days after Obama’s reelection, petitions for secession have sprouted in all 50 states, gun sales have soared for fear of what a second term means for gun owners, and white nationalist groups are elated over Obama’s victory. Add in a stagnant economy, a polarized electorate, and perhaps some disgruntled Afghanistan and Iraq veterans, and domestic strife seems improbable but not impossible.

The scenario appeared last July – before Obama’s reelection – in the respected Small Wars Journal. The article, titled “Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A ‘Vision’ of the Future”, was written by Kevin Benson, a retired Army colonel who teaches at University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and Jennifer Weber, a history professor at University of Kansas and a Civil War historian.(CONT.)

#266978 May 17, 2014
What Fourth Amendment? Police Raids Go Beyond the War on Drugs
http://original.antiwar.com/lucy/2014/04/23/w...
On April 15, seven police officers in Peoria, Illinois raided the home of Jon Daniel and his roommates. They took various electronics, and kept several residents of the house cuffed for hours. The reason for this raid? Any good student of the current state of American policing might have guesses – was it drug trafficking? Immigration issues? Terrorism?

No. Nothing as disturbingly expected as all that. This particular raid was over a parody Twitter account made by Jon Daniel that mocked Peoria Mayor Jim Ardis, portraying him as a Rob Ford-esque party animal and user of recreational substances. Though Daniel eventually marked the account as fake, and then Twitter suspended the damn thing anyway, that wasn’t enough for Ardis, who filed a complaint with the police department. And three different judges signed off on the search warrant that permitted seizing electronics, computer equipment, and mysteriously, "cocaine, heroin,[or] drug paraphernalia."

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#266979 May 17, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
Congratulations, you a "staunch" conservative, kissing president nobama's fannie.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
How about him simply being somebody who looked at the other options and said, "Oh, h*ll no!" That can happen even amongst STAUNCH conservatives. What is a staunch conservative? I hope that isn't like far right fielder, is it? If so, those are the folks who drove moderate conservatives out of the party onto the rolls of "Independent" where they can't really be counted on by Republicans anymore. See the problem with being too "staunch"? There seems to be one and it's associated with the sheeple being led to slaughter by Koch brothers policies. Which potential Republican candidate can address the concerns for over 50% of voters? They'd better get busy putting forth a new Plan.

Yes, I know. I posted to you, but you weren't addressing me and demanding I kiss your backside. I just felt like weighing in since Woodtick is actually fairly conservative from what I read. He just doesn't hate Obama because he hasn't figured out what you're hating him about. He hasn't done anything because Congress won't let us find out exactly what he would do with a little bit of cooperation. See the problem? CONGRESS is the problem.

#266980 May 17, 2014
How many people waive Fifth Amendment rights on arrest? Ask USA TODAY
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/opinion/2014/0...
Justice reporter Kevin Johnson explains how many people waive Fifth Amendment rights at the point of custodial arrest.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#266981 May 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to provide you a synopsis. I don't teach in a classroom. Just another poster. Apparently, you don't know how this conversation began or what provoked it. So, start here if it's not too much trouble for you to read a brief article from CNN:
Pentagon document lays out battle plan against zombies
By Jamie Crawford, CNN National Security Producer
updated 2:07 PM EDT, Fri May 16, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/pentag...
well, see i read one of yoru first links 'detailing' the conplan and it was full of allegations and very short on any actual facts showing the plan to be anything other than good preparedness for disasters.

it was a waste of time...not sure why you read it.

again, the idea that our military is training to take over civilians is ridiculous these are just well laid out plans for emergencies.

people are dumb, panicky animals and you know that is true. in an emergency there needs to be control.

St. Croix valley

#266982 May 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Woodtick,
FORBES
By Michael Peck, Contributor
(covers Defense and National Security)
11/15/12
How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...
A right-wing militia inspired by the Tea Party movement has taken over the city of Darlington, South Carolina, arrested the local government, and declared that the federal government should be overthrown. As the militia establishes checkpoints across I-95, other extremist groups across the nation rush to declare their support. South Carolina’s governor – a Tea Party supporter – declines to send in law enforcement to quash the militia, but quietly asks for federal intervention. The President invokes the Insurrection Act to authorize the use of federal troops, as the Pentagon prepares for war at home….
This is a drill, repeat, this is a drill. Actually, it’s a thought exercise by two authors exploring just how the U.S. military would respond to domestic insurrection. It sounds almost paranoid, except that nine days after Obama’s reelection, petitions for secession have sprouted in all 50 states, gun sales have soared for fear of what a second term means for gun owners, and white nationalist groups are elated over Obama’s victory. Add in a stagnant economy, a polarized electorate, and perhaps some disgruntled Afghanistan and Iraq veterans, and domestic strife seems improbable but not impossible.
The scenario appeared last July – before Obama’s reelection – in the respected Small Wars Journal. The article, titled “Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A ‘Vision’ of the Future”, was written by Kevin Benson, a retired Army colonel who teaches at University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and Jennifer Weber, a history professor at University of Kansas and a Civil War historian.(CONT.)
seriously?

#266983 May 17, 2014
Obama confirms citizens can be denied jury trial, elections near
http://digitaljournal.com/news/world/obama-co...
The most recent renewal of the bill, HR 641 in the House of Representatives, took place last year by a vote of 350-69 in the House, with 13 abstaining. All US congressmen are up for reelection every two years. The law has sparked a grassroots movement in opposition to it which may impact the congressional elections.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#266986 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i already gave you the proof that the man made religious gods are false. you know this. why are you lying about it?
why can't you show even one lie of mine?
too funny to watch you fools make asses of yourself over me... all your pathetic attempts and i swat you away without effort, you are that insignificant and worthless.
Hey! You! Duck! Man never made God. God made man. He even made you duck.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#266987 May 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How about him simply being somebody who looked at the other options and said, "Oh, h*ll no!" That can happen even amongst STAUNCH conservatives. What is a staunch conservative? I hope that isn't like far right fielder, is it? If so, those are the folks who drove moderate conservatives out of the party onto the rolls of "Independent" where they can't really be counted on by Republicans anymore. See the problem with being too "staunch"? There seems to be one and it's associated with the sheeple being led to slaughter by Koch brothers policies. Which potential Republican candidate can address the concerns for over 50% of voters? They'd better get busy putting forth a new Plan.
Yes, I know. I posted to you, but you weren't addressing me and demanding I kiss your backside. I just felt like weighing in since Woodtick is actually fairly conservative from what I read. He just doesn't hate Obama because he hasn't figured out what you're hating him about. He hasn't done anything because Congress won't let us find out exactly what he would do with a little bit of cooperation. See the problem? CONGRESS is the problem.
"ntr"
I do not hate the boy president nobama. I dislike his policies. To date his policies have;
- Led to nobamakare a program a majority of American's do not like or support
- Led to ever increasing levels of national debt
- Has led to slower home sales and slower new home starts
- Has led to a reduction in the work force, millions American's have given up looking for a job in the boy president nobama's economic recovery program
- Has led to decreasing household incomes
- Has led to record numbers of American's needing food stamps to eat
You support the above results of nobama's policies?
Please explain where I demanded you kiss my backside?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#266988 May 17, 2014
Hope everybody has a good afternoon. Must go now. Time to head out for an art exhibition and good company

St. Croix valley

#266989 May 17, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ntr"
I do not hate the boy president nobama. I dislike his policies. To date his policies have;
- Led to nobamakare a program a majority of American's do not like or support
- Led to ever increasing levels of national debt
- Has led to slower home sales and slower new home starts
- Has led to a reduction in the work force, millions American's have given up looking for a job in the boy president nobama's economic recovery program
- Has led to decreasing household incomes
- Has led to record numbers of American's needing food stamps to eat
You support the above results of nobama's policies?
Please explain where I demanded you kiss my backside?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
perhaps you heard of the worldwide recession? and in spite of that, house sales are up from when he took office.
you hate what you are told to parrot...you don't understand the issues you make a fool of yourself on..

St. Croix valley

#266990 May 17, 2014
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! You! Duck! Man never made God. God made man. He even made you duck.
which god? not one of the religious cults gods on this planet are real...

no evidence of any god, gods or goddesses ever,. not one shred.

seems man has made thousands of gods. anything else you want to be wrong about?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#266991 May 17, 2014
Seriously now:
Just last Thursday, GOP senators filibustered their own tax-cut bill that they support. If only there was a way to get them their very own planet.
Therealnews com

New Brunswick, NJ

#266992 May 17, 2014
spocko wrote:
Seriously now:
Just last Thursday, GOP senators filibustered their own tax-cut bill that they support. If only there was a way to get them their very own planet.
Yes frank and not one GOP voted for Obamacare which was and still is a Republican healthcare plan.

“Vos figere non stultitia”

Since: Jan 14

Fort Worth, TX

#266993 May 17, 2014
Rico Suave wrote:
<quoted text>
"And whether or not a woman is of legal age or not is not the only criterion on which I would base a relationship, and especially a physical one."
So what you're saying is that you have no qualms about having a relationship with an underage girl 'especially' a physical (sexual) one.
Very telling of what you are.
The rest of your Freudian nonsense is just that ... nonsense.
Freud??? WOW! I read a book of his once. Now there was a case study!
"So what you're saying is that you have no qualms about having a relationship with an underage girl 'especially' a physical (sexual) one." No, I said what I intended to say. You trying to put words in my mouth doesn't qualify for my actual thinking. I usually say what I mean and if you care to read something more into it, well, that says more about you than it does me, don't you think?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#266994 May 17, 2014
LOL!!! WAAAA WAAAA WAAA. Maybe she should send her kids to one of these crumbling schools. I’m sure if she would have taken the taxpayers money she has spent on her lavious travel and lifestyle some of these schools could have been fixed up a little. Maybe she should talk to Spike Lee who shoots visual daggers at interracial couples. Look in the mirror and you will see one of the problems. I have to give it to some of the blacks. They've made a very profitable business out of racism, unlike the whites of today.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/michell...

Michelle Obama: Talk about race

The first lady said that diversity is a result of the students having taken “many different paths”—whether they hail from centuries of Kansan ancestors or otherwise.

“Maybe, like mine, they came to this country in chains,” the first lady said.“Or maybe your family just arrived here in search of a better life.”
Nevertheless, the first lady said that Brown is still being “decided every single day,” adding there are schools that aren’t equal because of their “crumbling classrooms and less experienced teachers.”

Obama called on the graduates to “drag” older generations to change their viewpoints on diversity, pointing to two recent examples, including a 2013 Cheerio’s commercial that featured a biracial couple and their child.

“When some folks got all worked up about a cereal commercial with an interracial family, you all were probably thinking,‘Really, what’s the problem with that?’” Obama said to applause.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#266995 May 17, 2014
spocko wrote:
Seriously now:
They and I will need another planet if the lib loons stay in power. This one will be destroyed.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#266996 May 17, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The truth does really hurt you, but that doesn't change it one bit. You are now going to have the pleasure of ranting for your own personal edification, because I have things to do for awhile. I have an invitation to an art show tomorrow at a special venue nearby. Have to get a few things done to get ready.
I have no idea what you're referring to about $60 a head slaves, but the world is filled with ignorance and cruelty. Many of us expect more of Americans who have been privileged with a much higher standard of living in an educated society. However, you are living proof that such is not always the case.
Oh brother, her craps just keeps on giving.

Libbies, the ignorance which keeps on giving.

“Vos figere non stultitia”

Since: Jan 14

Fort Worth, TX

#266997 May 17, 2014
ftp wrote:
<quoted text>Good, so leave me alone and GFY you fcking cuckzucker!
Ah, NOW the true Christian you rises to the top. I can just hear the Christ saying the same to Herod...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 20 min Idea Maker 493
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr quetzalcoatl 141,915
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr woodtick57 5,384
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 7,038
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 1 hr yes 22
News Trump convention message cheers white supremacists 2 hr Smartest Man Alive 1
News Voters split over how to secure US from illegal... 3 hr YouDidntBuildThat 26
More from around the web