The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391533 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#258019 Apr 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please show a copy of gibberish i have written.
you always seem to get tangled up in the "factual" part of your lying...
what a tool!
gib·ber·ish
noun: gibberish
1. unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.

synonyms: nonsense, garbage, balderdash, blather, rubbish; informal: drivel, gobbledygook, mumbo jumbo, tripe, hogwash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, guff, eyewash, piffle, twaddle, poppycock; vulgar slang: verbal diarrhea

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#258021 Apr 15, 2014
We Be Rappin Now wrote:
<quoted text> Wood burning is actually considered "carbon neutral" and a "green energy" because for every tree that is burned a tree can be planted to replace it and as it grows it will consume as much carbon the the burning of the last tree released.
Notice I didn't say that the carbon was "made" by burning a tree? It isn't. Burning a tree only releases the carbon the tree held from consuming it as it grew.
By the way, our climate has been changing since the birth of our planet and will continue until it's death. We aren't going to change that no matter what we do.
Oh I know I was just baiting the lefties here.. You are correct our climate will continue to change with or without our help.. That is providing we don't have a few thousand nukes going off in time of war..

Eagle

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#258022 Apr 15, 2014
We Be Rappin Now wrote:
<quoted text> Wood burning is actually considered "carbon neutral" and a "green energy" because for every tree that is burned a tree can be planted to replace it and as it grows it will consume as much carbon the the burning of the last tree released.
Notice I didn't say that the carbon was "made" by burning a tree? It isn't. Burning a tree only releases the carbon the tree held from consuming it as it grew.
By the way, our climate has been changing since the birth of our planet and will continue until it's death. We aren't going to change that no matter what we do.
but we can change our climate...that has been proven.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#258023 Apr 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how are fireplaces over rated? what isn't cool about fire?
Well maybe they are useful for a yankee but in FL they are about worthless.. Lets get real they had their place in time when it was the only heating source available.. Hell I had one in my Orlando home and maybe just maybe used it 4 times a year.. The rest of the time it just took up space in the living room collecting dust..

Eagle

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#258024 Apr 15, 2014
GOP’s shameful decline on race: While Bush celebrated Voting Rights Act, DeMint’s ignorance now reigns

Eight years ago a GOP president stood with black leaders to sign the act’s extension. What happened to his party?
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/15/gops_shameful...
Unfortunately, seven years later, the men Bush appointed to the Supreme Court undid those protections, gutting the Voting Rights Act by invalidating its preclearance requirements. Still, that doesn’t invalidate Bush’s signing the law, or the power of his statement. That’s how Republicans talked about voting rights, not 50 years ago, but eight. Today a new Voting Rights bill has only one Republican champion, Wisconsin’s James Sensenbrenner, although Eric Cantor is described as supportive. I can’t imagine any of the top tier candidates for the 2016 Republican nomination doing, or saying, anything like Bush did.
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
gib·ber·ish
noun: gibberish
1. unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.
synonyms: nonsense, garbage, balderdash, blather, rubbish; informal: drivel, gobbledygook, mumbo jumbo, tripe, hogwash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, guff, eyewash, piffle, twaddle, poppycock; vulgar slang: verbal diarrhea

Level 2

Since: Oct 09

#258032 Apr 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but we can change our climate...that has been proven.
I have an idea...you hold your breath @ 40 years, then we will all report back here to report on the effects on our environment.

OR...
We can be more scientific and play TAG.

TAG! You're $#IT!

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#258036 Apr 15, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
GOP’s shameful decline on race: While Bush celebrated Voting Rights Act, DeMint’s ignorance now reigns
Eight years ago a GOP president stood with black leaders to sign the act’s extension. What happened to his party?
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/15/gops_shameful...
Unfortunately, seven years later, the men Bush appointed to the Supreme Court undid those protections, gutting the Voting Rights Act by invalidating its preclearance requirements. Still, that doesn’t invalidate Bush’s signing the law, or the power of his statement. That’s how Republicans talked about voting rights, not 50 years ago, but eight. Today a new Voting Rights bill has only one Republican champion, Wisconsin’s James Sensenbrenner, although Eric Cantor is described as supportive. I can’t imagine any of the top tier candidates for the 2016 Republican nomination doing, or saying, anything like Bush did.
<quoted text>
Republicans aren't against American citizen's right to vote. They just prefer if there were a few more Republicans showing up at the polls and a few less Democrats.

Maybe they should follow the democrats lead and start organizing bus tours on election day. Get bus loads of voters registered in multiple municipalities throughout a region then get them all to vote republican thirty of fifty times on election day. It's just harder to find bus loads of republicans on election day. They all have to work. I wonder if they ever thought about picking up the homeless off the streets and taking them to the polls like the democrats did for Obama. Get them drunk on a nice warm bus and feed them a bologna sandwich in exchange for their vote. If the democraps scream foul, call them haters and racists for wanting to deny those drunken bums their right to vote.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#258038 Apr 15, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"LMAO. True and 'it' talks about the name calling as if 'it' does not approve but NTRP calls posters sluts, droolers, slobber jockeys ectera with 'its' approval? Whatafriggin idiot. Those are NTRPs words/voice too."
True and she post that day in and day out.. Much like woodtick and the other lefty loons on this thread..
Eagle
Now, now, Eaglet. Sl*t is open to interpretation,. There is no word "ectera". Did you mean et cetera or etcetera?

#258041 Apr 15, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans aren't against American citizen's right to vote. They just prefer if there were a few more Republicans showing up at the polls and a few less Democrats.
Maybe they should follow the democrats lead and start organizing bus tours on election day. Get bus loads of voters registered in multiple municipalities throughout a region then get them all to vote republican thirty of fifty times on election day. It's just harder to find bus loads of republicans on election day. They all have to work. I wonder if they ever thought about picking up the homeless off the streets and taking them to the polls like the democrats did for Obama. Get them drunk on a nice warm bus and feed them a bologna sandwich in exchange for their vote. If the democraps scream foul, call them haters and racists for wanting to deny those drunken bums their right to vote.
The search for the new Republican Party continues
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
After the 2012 presidential election, the GOP performed an audit on its electoral performance and announced it might have to change some things if it wanted to attract more votes in four years. Two years later, not much has changed. Most Republican elected officials have not softened their stance on social issues, and attempts to reach other demographics haven't changed the party's base.

Based on how things unfolded at the Freedom Summit, many Republicans are perfectly content to continue appealing to the same base that turned out in the 2012 primaries — the most passionate and conservative fringe of the party — without worrying about the potential voters they've left out.
Boss Man

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#258043 Apr 15, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now, Eaglet. Sl*t is open to interpretation,. There is no word "ectera". Did you mean et cetera or etcetera?
As a washed up secretary which do you miss the most:

"writing notes" or "taking dicktation" for your boss?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#258044 Apr 15, 2014
We Be Rappin Now wrote:
<quoted text> Again, Salon, the Left wing extreme.....
And again, a typical reactionary, right-wing and very redundant criticism.

Truth can come from anywhere, any source. It's the American way you know. Laura Ingraham is your kind of extremist I'm sure.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258045 Apr 15, 2014
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent piece and extremely pertinent Rose.
I talked to Laura Ingraham's once. Wow, talk about a b*tch. LOL!

CBS is using her for ratings apparently.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258046 Apr 15, 2014
Correction: Make that ABC. You know what I meant.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258047 Apr 15, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ganny post on the troll forum and not on IR..
Eagle
Sounds familiar, but I've seen so many people you know. LOL!

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258048 Apr 15, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of you could carry Laura's used Tampon to the garbage.
I bet you'd love doing that though, you filthy pig.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258049 Apr 15, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a brainwashed hack yourself,, Bush's every move was criticized by the LSM, Il Douche gets a pass and has for 5 years. No investigations into Bengazi, the IRS, fast & furious, Moochelles lavish vacations, etc. No criticism allowed for mr. affirmative action, no proper vetting of him before the election, no stories on his complete lack of experience and his many lies.
Total BS.

#258050 Apr 15, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to Laura Ingraham's once. Wow, talk about a b*tch. LOL!
CBS is using her for ratings apparently.
Conservatives, not liberals, should protest ABC over Laura Ingraham
http://americablog.com/2014/04/conservatives-...
I’ve complained for years about how “to be Republican” in today’s GOP one must be “conservative.” About how the discussion, every time a GOP presidential primary comes around, is which candidate is the “real conservative”– because to be a true Republican one must of course be “conservative.” And they haggle over which candidate is more like Ronald Reagan (because the candidates wrongly assume that Ronald Reagan, in 2014, would be a conservative – he wouldn’t be).

But now we see the mainstream media making the same mistake, assuming that the only real Republican is a conservative, and usually an angry and caustic conservative at that. Laura Ingraham isn’t a deep-thinker like George Will or Bill Kristol or David Frum. She’s a bomb-thrower, and she represents a lot of what’s wrong with political discourse in America today.

#258051 Apr 15, 2014
John McCain: Classified Senate Report on Torture 'Chilling'
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/john-...
Asked about the report, McCain said it offers further evidence of the inefficiencies of using torture on American enemies. "When you torture someone they will say anything you want to hear to make the pain stop. So I never, ever believed this bologna that, well, because of waterboarding they got information," he said.

McCain said he has not read the report himself, but has "heard a lot about it."

Level 9

Concord, CA

#258052 Apr 15, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives, not liberals, should protest ABC over Laura Ingraham
http://americablog.com/2014/04/conservatives-...
I’ve complained for years about how “to be Republican” in today’s GOP one must be “conservative.” About how the discussion, every time a GOP presidential primary comes around, is which candidate is the “real conservative”– because to be a true Republican one must of course be “conservative.” And they haggle over which candidate is more like Ronald Reagan (because the candidates wrongly assume that Ronald Reagan, in 2014, would be a conservative – he wouldn’t be).
But now we see the mainstream media making the same mistake, assuming that the only real Republican is a conservative, and usually an angry and caustic conservative at that. Laura Ingraham isn’t a deep-thinker like George Will or Bill Kristol or David Frum. She’s a bomb-thrower, and she represents a lot of what’s wrong with political discourse in America today.
Laura Ingraham, "The Great White Dope." LOL!

#258053 Apr 15, 2014
Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Here 's a hint:
Get a job and stop draining the hard working tax payers.
If you don't want me to read it then don't post it.
Another hint: this is a forum for everyone even libs like yourself.
Why is Grand Canyon University different than Apple?
http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurie-roberts...
The Arizona Senate on Tuesday afternoon voted – twice – to defeat a proposal that would save the private for-profit Christian school $764,000 next year – about 75 percent of its total property tax bill – and far more as the school expands.

Meanwhile, Gov. Jan Brewer on Monday signed a bill that'll provide a $5 million tax credit for Apple, for a planned manufacturing plant in Mesa.

Then again, Apple isn't a religion (at least, not to most people) and that may be a factor at the Capitol, post SB 1062.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 min Nopal 1,141
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 24 min J ValJean 141,959
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 30 min Lawrence Wolf 5,670
News Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House wer... 2 hr WasteWater 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 10,477
News Homeland Security chief criticizes politicians'... 11 hr Dee Dee Dee 2
News Mexican border agency seen as aiding illegal im... 13 hr Dee Dee Dee 4
More from around the web