The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336886 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#255331 Apr 5, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I planted: Stargazer!
We've been blessed with some decent rain over the last week, but no I didn't soak them. Hope it's not crucial. They were pretty damp when they arrived.
I'll let you know how they do. I just love bulbs. Daffodils are up already.
Plant some Two lips, you know where lol
NTR1

Lawrenceburg, KY

#255332 Apr 5, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for gawd's sake, nutcase. I've just come in from outside, and it's not cold unless forties is cold to you? If so, you must hail from the Golden State or Hawaii or Florida. Get back in your other skn.
Carhartt work clothing is great! You should stick to Walmart which I'm sure would be much more affordable for you.
:-)

..........snip).........

[QUOTE who="NTR1"]<quote d text>Oh, for gawd's sake, nutcase. I've just come in from outside, and it's not cold unless forties is cold to you? If so, you must hail from the Golden State or Hawaii or Florida........Carhartt work clothing is great! You should stick to Walmart which I'm sure would be much more affordable for you.....
----------

Whoopsie daisy! I meant to link to Carhartt - not stargazer lilies. LOL Carhartt has really well made durable work clothing. Farmers and gardeners like that wear, and if you want something to withstand multiple assaults from actually working on the land, it's good to have Carhartt clothing for that purpose;

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...
I just don't agree that insulting those who farm and garden in America is a good thing. God bless the farmers and gardeners. We can't all be one percenters, nor should we be. Otherwise, we'd be a nation of self-absorbed a-holes and nobody to help those who are wholly incompetent and/or too lazy to take care of themselves and are dependent on others to "DO" for them because they'd likely die two weeks into a crisis of no maids, servants, hired help, etc. How many one percenters have a "bug-out" pack ready to go? I suppose they just plan on calling Reilly to fix everything and restore power, water, to cook, clean and wait on them hand in foot? NEWSFLASH! Reilly didn't make it. Now what?

“you know i know”

denver

#255333 Apr 5, 2014
Quirky wrote:
Some how I just don`t see Rose as a Flower planter gazing at the stars?
More like :
I`ll get him.
I`ll get her too!
Like NTR !
Evil ......!!!!
Our gardener will be here next week to do all the hard work, pretty sure his name is Rico

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#255334 Apr 5, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists? Not a cult? Here is an opposing opinion which I find to be of interest:
http://www.ted.com/conversations/13943/is_ath...
IS ATHEISM JUST ANOTHER CULT, WITH THEIR OWN DOGMA, LIKE RELIGIOUS CULTS?
Is Atheism just another cult, like a religious cult, with people who believe there is no god, and in most cases also that what is presented by science is the absolute truth? Do people of an Agnostic persuasion believe, atheists have a blind faith in science, believing what they show, and measure is the last word about reality; believing that this Science supports their side of the debate while excluding the Religious view.
Those in the middle of the God/No God debate (Agnostics) have stated that such a claim is delusional and is indicative of cult mentality on par with religious cultism. It requires blind belief God does not exist which is dogmatic because there is no proof (currently) that is acceptably to the Agnostic crowd that God is or is not. Agnostics see the gaps in Scientific knowledge and try to keep an open mind pertaining to spiritual ideas and their connection to the real world. They have sometimes been accused of creating the Scientific idea of Creationism which has gathered steam in the last decade or so. Being in the middle, They are attacked by both sides of the debate, as will be demonstrated in this debate question.
when have i ever claimed i was an atheist?

yes many atheists do display cult like adherence o certain dogmas.

most people i know that are not members of religious cults just acknowledge that all the man made gods have been proven false and that there isn't one teensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses ever existing.

“you know i know”

denver

#255335 Apr 5, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Obama’s laughable stand-up routine
By Jonah Goldberg
April 3, 2014 | 7:23pm
President Obama was doing his favorite thing this week: talking to crowds of adoring young people who already agree with him while acting like he persuaded them about something.
They also seemed to give Obama the impression that he’s a really funny guy. On Wednesday, he told a University of Michigan crowd of 1,400 that he visited a local deli, Zingerman’s. He proceeded to tell a long story about ordering the small Reuben sandwich, which he said was “killer.” That got a good laugh. Then he explained how he thought the sandwich was too big, so he shared it with his adviser, Valerie Jarrett.
“After I finished [my] half, I wanted [her] half back,” Obama said.“But it was too late, all she had was the pickle — so I took the pickle.”
“Took the pickle” was a huge laugh line.
Pickle is a funny word, but still. When an audience thinks this is a knee-slapper, you know it’s not a rough crowd.
But Obama had a serious point to make as well. Zingerman’s “is a business that treats its workers well and rewards honest work with honest wages. And that’s what I’m here to talk about today.” He then segued into a pitch for raising the minimum wage.
National Review’s Andrew Johnson noted that Zingerman’s is pretty expensive. That small Reuben cost $13.99 — pickle included. The large goes for nearly $17. The irony might have been lost on Obama that Zingerman’s “honest wages” also lead to high prices.
Using Zingerman’s as his comedic muse, the president transformed into Zinger-Man. According to the Washington Post, Obama hurled “a series of zingers to draw a contrast with Republicans on the economy in an election year.”
Breaking slightly from the standard talking point that the GOP is out of ideas, Obama said,“Now, to give them credit, they do have one original idea, which is to repeal ObamaCare.”
He then turned to Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget proposal:“If they tried to sell this sandwich at Zingerman’s, they’d have to call it the Stinkburger, or the Meanwich.”....
http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/obamas-laughable...
Il Douche is a buffoon, an unfunny one at that, the douche can barely speak english properly

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#255336 Apr 5, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Seems you've lost it entire, POS.ly Worse, you're convinced that your right about something, and I haven't seen any evidence that you are, nor does is appear that you ever attempt to back your insanity with facts. That's probably impossible anyway because nothing factual backs your position.
DO NTR and Jaxx program her? I don't think anybody has ever programmed Rose. Then again, I'm not programmed either, and I see no indication that Jaxx is a stepford. How about you, POS? Are you still begging for acceptance or did you finally grovel your way into the inner circle?
To you maybe but not to good people.

“you know i know”

denver

#255337 Apr 5, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Obama’s laughable stand-up routine
By Jonah Goldberg
April 3, 2014 | 7:23pm
President Obama was doing his favorite thing this week: talking to crowds of adoring young people who already agree with him while acting like he persuaded them about something.
They also seemed to give Obama the impression that he’s a really funny guy. On Wednesday, he told a University of Michigan crowd of 1,400 that he visited a local deli, Zingerman’s. He proceeded to tell a long story about ordering the small Reuben sandwich, which he said was “killer.” That got a good laugh. Then he explained how he thought the sandwich was too big, so he shared it with his adviser, Valerie Jarrett.
“After I finished [my] half, I wanted [her] half back,” Obama said.“But it was too late, all she had was the pickle — so I took the pickle.”
“Took the pickle” was a huge laugh line.
Pickle is a funny word, but still. When an audience thinks this is a knee-slapper, you know it’s not a rough crowd.
But Obama had a serious point to make as well. Zingerman’s “is a business that treats its workers well and rewards honest work with honest wages. And that’s what I’m here to talk about today.” He then segued into a pitch for raising the minimum wage.
National Review’s Andrew Johnson noted that Zingerman’s is pretty expensive. That small Reuben cost $13.99 — pickle included. The large goes for nearly $17. The irony might have been lost on Obama that Zingerman’s “honest wages” also lead to high prices.
Using Zingerman’s as his comedic muse, the president transformed into Zinger-Man. According to the Washington Post, Obama hurled “a series of zingers to draw a contrast with Republicans on the economy in an election year.”
Breaking slightly from the standard talking point that the GOP is out of ideas, Obama said,“Now, to give them credit, they do have one original idea, which is to repeal ObamaCare.”
He then turned to Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget proposal:“If they tried to sell this sandwich at Zingerman’s, they’d have to call it the Stinkburger, or the Meanwich.”....
http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/obamas-laughable...
In my youth our crowd had a notorious liar and teller of tall tales, he spoke just like Il Douche, slowly, haltingly, carefully, so as to keep his lies and fiction straight.
NTR1

Lawrenceburg, KY

#255338 Apr 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>my wife disagrees[so do the dozens and dozens and dozens of women I've "known"] Ratso
Of course, you neglected to mention that you married a blind woman. How long has this one lasted now? Six whole months? What happened to the previous one whose grandfather passed along to her a rifle that you coveted? Did she finally work her way out of the restraints and call 911?

“you know i know”

denver

#255339 Apr 5, 2014
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
14 Points of Fascism
http://tinyurl.com/2dfewwu
1.) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - 2.) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - 3.) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
4.) Supremacy of the Military - 5.) Rampant Sexism - 6.) Controlled Mass Media
7.) Obsession with National Security - 8.) Religion and Government are Intertwined - 9.) Corporate Power is Protected:- 10.) Labor Power is Suppressed:- 11.) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - 12.) Obsession with Crime and Punishment - 13.) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - 14. Fraudulent Elections:
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/antifascism...
======
GOP Budget Widely Slammed, But Left's Proposal Just Ignored
House GOP budget a 'Stinkburger,' says Obama, but president and national media continue to ignore progressive budget alternative
April 3, 2014 / http://tinyurl.com/l46r3al
The vision of a Republican budget was presented by Rep. Paul Ryan this week and the only thing some of his colleagues on the right don't like about it is that it doesn't do enough to punish the poor and working class while it coddles the rich and insulates corporate power.
For progressives, the Ryan latest budget—like those before it—represents a clear view into the Republican mindset in which austerity economics rule and the vision of shared prosperity is eviscerated by attacks on social programs, including Medicare, higher education grants, food and poverty assistance, job training initiatives and others.
Also familiar in the pattern of budget politics, however, is that while the Ryan budget—unpopular as it is among all sections of voters—receives round coverage, the progressive alternative, as contained in the Better Off Budget presented last month, continues to be ignored in the media conversation.
According to Robert Greenstein, president of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, the Ryan budget, dubbed by its author as a "Path to Prosperity," as anything but that for most Americans.
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/04/...
I missed the relation to what prominent black americans said about Il Douche, was it in code, by chance?

We can either have Ryan's path to prosperity or the continuation of the demorats obscene bloated deficits and massive debt, we can't have both. I'll take Ryan over the coming bankruptcy demorats have planned for us.

“you know i know”

denver

#255340 Apr 5, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie you're the bigot here. You just can't contain your hate and contempt for something that you don't even believe exists. Plus I'm not posting on here blasting other peoples mores that I have no idea what they are like you are doing. You know no one here and yet you want to put all types of evil doings upon them.
Some people are just plain jerks. You seem to fit the bill. With your uninformed posts about a God you don't believe in.
If it will console you any, Daffy Duck claims to be a conservative, but then again he's a well known hater and liar.

“you know i know”

denver

#255341 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no it really doesn't .
i belong to no cult.
Of course you do, Daffy, the cult of hate.

Quack,quack

I am an honest atheist, I hate no religion not trying to harm me, I am for personal freedom to worship whoever you want..
NTR1

Lawrenceburg, KY

#255342 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when have i ever claimed i was an atheist?
yes many atheists do display cult like adherence o certain dogmas.
most people i know that are not members of religious cults just acknowledge that all the man made gods have been proven false and that there isn't one teensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses ever existing.
So, you aren't an atheist? Are you an agnostic in search of "proof"? Just curious. I ask this because you continue to lambaste God and Christians every time anybody mentions faith. Most agnostics I know (and I know quite a few) are a little more reserved and less on the offensive. They ask and then mull things over. At the core, they want there to be a God, but they're skeptical.

Atheists have already decided and reject every effort toward further consideration. Their minds are closed to the possibility. They have to see it to believe it. There is much about science and the scientific method that cannot yet be seen and proven. As you are certainly well aware, it sometimes takes more than one's lifetime to prove a theory or develop the necessary tools with which to explain why something works the way it does.

Just sayin', Woodtick. Maybe let people express their faith without calling them something you refuse to accept. You don't have to agree, but neither do you have proof that God does NOT exist.

Another way to express that is the conviction that if we can dream or imagine it (whatever "it" is), it can conceivably come to be eventually. How much of what was once considered science fiction has become reality? Humm?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#255343 Apr 5, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so much anger and ugliness and you dare accuse me of being "mean?"
Your anger gives you away, you immature bag of hot air. LOL!
I never started any thread about you for one thing and I'm no sock. Also, no one programs me. You just hate anyone in gets in your face with the TRUTH about your pathetic antics and your foolish attitudes. I haven't observed that you are right about anything. You have opinions, nothing more and they generally stink.
I'll post anywhere I please, so deal with it or not but keep your nasty lies and insults to yourself if you have any self control that is, you silly excuse for a man.
WOW! so much hate for what is right.
NTR1

Lawrenceburg, KY

#255344 Apr 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the relation to what prominent black americans said about Il Douche, was it in code, by chance?
We can either have Ryan's path to prosperity or the continuation of the demorats obscene bloated deficits and massive debt, we can't have both. I'll take Ryan over the coming bankruptcy demorats have planned for us.
Why do you think those black Americans who spoke out should be all that much smarter than you've shown us you aren't? We've got a whole bunch of folks duped into thinking men in power will or should care about them when the exact opposite is true.

These plutocrats/oligarchs couldn't care less about the color of your skin. Just because you're white, you aren't their "brothers" anymore than just because you're black, Obama should be viewed as your daddy. This is a FINANCIAL club - not an extended family association based on genetic profile. If there's any affinity beyond money, it's toward education and prestige and common backgrounds. That's certainly not the 47 % of 'heathens' in which Mittens had no interest and which the party of "No" continues to show it has zero comprehension about. But, dang! They can still vote. Will they vote to be "gutted" because they're p*ssed at Obama? TBD

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#255345 Apr 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Blose is the grand dragon of the CJCP. aka Topix liberals
A common account?
Wowser

United States

#255346 Apr 5, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.flower-arrangement-advisor.com/ima...
http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/...
You should plant some. When they bloom, at least you'd have a week where you could sneak outside after dark with a flashlight, Dracula, cut yourself several stems,, and take them back into your pit, plop them in water (yes, I said water, not urine). and cover up the funky smell in that cave you inhabit.
10 Oclock Saturday morning and you start right out with such bitter childishness. Whatsamatter, Mickey. Time to adjust your ol' timers meds again?
Wowser

United States

#255347 Apr 5, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for gawd's sake, nutcase. I've just come in from outside, and it's not cold unless forties is cold to you? If so, you must hail from the Golden State or Hawaii or Florida. Get back in your other skn.
Carhartt work clothing is great! You should stick to Walmart which I'm sure would be much more affordable for you.
:-)
http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/...
Speaking of Walmart shoppers, did you just get back from the 7-Eleven with a brand new roll of 1000 count Scott toilet paper? Still dreaming of the day you can afford a whole 12 pack?
LOL you're such a funny poser.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#255348 Apr 5, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
But, But... You did start a thread about yourself seeking attention....LMAO!
The Bash Rose Thread
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TCRS1JH...
Yes, Rose did.......
She also was instrumental in instigating another against me. LMAO!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#255349 Apr 5, 2014
NTR1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you aren't an atheist? Are you an agnostic in search of "proof"? Just curious. I ask this because you continue to lambaste God and Christians every time anybody mentions faith. Most agnostics I know (and I know quite a few) are a little more reserved and less on the offensive. They ask and then mull things over. At the core, they want there to be a God, but they're skeptical.
Atheists have already decided and reject every effort toward further consideration. Their minds are closed to the possibility. They have to see it to believe it. There is much about science and the scientific method that cannot yet be seen and proven. As you are certainly well aware, it sometimes takes more than one's lifetime to prove a theory or develop the necessary tools with which to explain why something works the way it does.
Just sayin', Woodtick. Maybe let people express their faith without calling them something you refuse to accept. You don't have to agree, but neither do you have proof that God does NOT exist.
Another way to express that is the conviction that if we can dream or imagine it (whatever "it" is), it can conceivably come to be eventually. How much of what was once considered science fiction has become reality? Humm?
if you need a lable, use whichever one you want.

i clearly state what i know to be fact about religious cults.

when people try to bring up ridiculous cults into rational discussion, of course i will call them out on it..just as i would if they attempted to use the teachings of the Easter bunny ...

yes, the god of the bible has been proven false.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#255350 Apr 5, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>OMG! You have it completely azz backwards. The neo Nazis are far right lunatics who identify with Republicans who want to micromanage everybody else's life - most especially, but certainly not limited to, women and what they can/cannot do with their bodies. This kind of good old boy mentality isn't going to be helpful to them going forward - anymore than it was last election.
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is trying to force kids to eat turnips and eggplant at our schools? Demorats
Who is punishing little boys for being little boys? Demorats?
Who denys free speech on college campuses? Demorats
Who condones the many racist hate crimes? Demorats
Who tries to stifle gun rights at every turn? Demorats
Who establishes sanctuary cities for illegals? Demorats
Who disarms military personnel on bases? Demorats
Who bans Halloween at our schools? Demorats.
Who bans Xmas at our schools? Demorats
Give me a little time I can come up with more.
There is no end to their crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 9 min Mitts Gold Plated... 40
News Bush rolls out six-point plan to address border... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 2
News Ann Coulter: GOP Candidates "A Bunch of P*ssies... 3 hr Billy Ringo 312
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 3 hr goonsquad 110
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Lost Planet Airmen 138,684
News Feinstein under fire from immigration advocates 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 2
News Obama Administration Released 156 Criminal Alie... 19 hr ronnie 3
More from around the web